IVF/ICSI Support Group

I think it would be more worth it to go for another fresh cycle (to max out the govt co-funding), extract the eggs first then say. Cos frozen cycles are cheaper than fresh ones.
Hi, are we allowed to do fresh when we have frozen embbies? I remember i heard during counselling that we have to utilized all the embbies before we can start another fresh if we are to use gov grant. Not 100 percent sure tho. Anymore input regarding this? I think its best to check with kkivf before making any decision.

Hi, are we allowed to do fresh when we have frozen embbies? I remember i heard during counselling that we have to utilized all the embbies before we can start another fresh if we are to use gov grant. Not 100 percent sure tho. Anymore input regarding this? I think its best to check with kkivf before making any decision.
Ya, i think if we have frozen embryos, we are not allowed to embark on a fresh cycle...hmmm...yup, please check with KKIVF 1st. Thanks for the reminder, @Bbelieve !

Hi hi. Am in my 2ww as well. First fresh cycle. 8dp3dt. Ur 2ww ending soon. Few more days. Ur boy shall keep you busy so time flies faster. I dont even wan to count down to my bt cos its just so far away. Haha. Good luck to u ya
@Bbelieve *Wave* We will have our BT on the same day next week. I am at 7dp5dt. Experiencing cramps and backache now. Hope the red dun appear! :)

Waiting to do my blood test too. Did they tell u the level during ur first beta or do u have to request for it?
All the best ya... Come what may

Asking for opinions. Will be 40 next Feb but my blood test (6mths validity) will expire end Jan. Have 3 frozen embryos with kkivf. Will it be better to go for a 2nd fresh while still eligible for govt Co-funding? Any thoughts?
I guess it would be wiser to go for fresh to 'stock up' your embryos before u hit big 4. As after that no more govt grant right.. It's a hefty 6.3k grant.

I guess it would be wiser to go for fresh to 'stock up' your embryos before u hit big 4. As after that no more govt grant right.. It's a hefty 6.3k grant.
Heh, I tot so too, but seems like have to use up the frozen 1st before embarking on the next fresh cycle..forgot that the "cheng hu" has thought about that before rolling out the policies. they won't give it to us so easily! :p

anyone here can advise how soon after an IVF cycle , did u go back to an exercise regime? I find that I'm now easily tired, need to rebuild my health. Used to do some pilates and light jogging, really keen to use exercise to clear my mind and get rid of all those nasty hormones...

Heh, I tot so too, but seems like have to use up the frozen 1st before embarking on the next fresh cycle..forgot that the "cheng hu" has thought about that before rolling out the policies. they won't give it to us so easily! :p
I guess as long as dr allow then ok.. It happened to a sister with nuh too. Still have frozen embby left but allowed to do fresh again as she's turning 40

BFN. confirmed and chopped. guaranteed.

still have strange tugging sensations, but nurse said it is common, now just wait for AF to make her grand arrival lo. :oops:

shall make a list of questions to ask the doc next week during my appt, keeping spirits up! already spent 1 hour talking to embryologist just now. It really helps to talk it out.

shall eat whatever I want to eat ...for now! ;)
Sorry to hear that. And yes, keep the spirits up! Take good care of yourself. *hugs*

anyone here can advise how soon after an IVF cycle , did u go back to an exercise regime? I find that I'm now easily tired, need to rebuild my health. Used to do some pilates and light jogging, really keen to use exercise to clear my mind and get rid of all those nasty hormones...
I don't see any contraindications to exercise now. Can start as soon as you're ok to start. Should have already recover from OR by now

@Bbelieve *Wave* We will have our BT on the same day next week. I am at 7dp5dt. Experiencing cramps and backache now. Hope the red dun appear! :)
Hi hi.. your symptoms sound good. I don feel anything wor. Feeling so normal. Jia you for ourself and our embbies!
Btw, did you request for blasto culture or doctor recommended to you? Seems like a lot of sisters here do 5 days transfer. Must be very strong embryos.

Hi hi.. your symptoms sound good. I don feel anything wor. Feeling so normal. Jia you for ourself and our embbies!
Btw, did you request for blasto culture or doctor recommended to you? Seems like a lot of sisters here do 5 days transfer. Must be very strong embryos.
@Bbelieve Dr THH asked me to try blastocyst coz I have 6 remaining embryos from my fresh cycle. But result not so gd coz only one blastocyst successful. another one not gd to transfer. Then the rest all cannot make it to D5. Wondering if it bcoz my embryos not gd quality tat why like tat? Maybe this oso explain why I failed my fresh cycle with 2 D3 embryos transferred.

Nuh do allow. Just that have to pay yearly storage fee which is quite ex too. So better utilise b4 expire to avoid paying renewal.

I don't see any contraindications to exercise now. Can start as soon as you're ok to start. Should have already recover from OR by now
hmmm... i think better wait for the tissue histology report to be out first, since I just discharged some tissue last week (possibly miscarriaged. got it removed at kkh 24 hr clinic). and wait for AF to clear first too. Later after exercise, here ache there ache, plus AF cramps, might be miserable ;)

stopped all progesterone this morning already, now feel the onslaught of start of cramps, can't wait to just get it over and done with.. urgh.

hmmm... i think better wait for the tissue histology report to be out first, since I just discharged some tissue last week (possibly miscarriaged. got it removed at kkh 24 hr clinic). and wait for AF to clear first too. Later after exercise, here ache there ache, plus AF cramps, might be miserable ;)

stopped all progesterone this morning already, now feel the onslaught of start of cramps, can't wait to just get it over and done with.. urgh.
@Milc Last time when I had the fetal tissue removed via D&C, I actually did a mini confinement for two weeks. It's like a normal confinement where you eat warm food and keep yourself warm but only for two weeks instead of one month. I also had jamu massage just like those who had just given birth. Then after the two weeks of confinement, I started exercising again but started with light exercises like walking on treadmill. Rest well first and don't over-exert yourself. Take care!

@Milc Last time when I had the fetal tissue removed via D&C, I actually did a mini confinement for two weeks. It's like a normal confinement where you eat warm food and keep yourself warm but only for two weeks instead of one month. I also had jamu massage just like those who had just given birth. Then after the two weeks of confinement, I started exercising again but started with light exercises like walking on treadmill. Rest well first and don't over-exert yourself. Take care!
thank you dear @koirc

Ok Miss shortcake 2, thank you for your advice! Let's all go crazy gaga over egg whites! :D
Shortcake2, Sonique2001, at which stage does we need to start to consume egg white, and how many egg white is recommended. And is having egg white been advised by Doctor as I seems on this forum, it seems a lot of people having egg whites.

Dear @Sonique2001 , I swear by egg whites egg white egg whites!!! It worked for me both in 2011 and 2015! I am not talking abt 1 or 2 egg whites... go stuff with yourself with them during this stage.. hahaa..
Should we still continue egg whites after ET? Can share with us what do you eat/drink during 2ww? Thanks Miss Shortcake2 :)

Oh.. When will the histo results be out?

Hello all. I'm new here. While I have silently stalked this forum for sometime since my first fresh ICSI in Dec'14, this is my first post. *shy*
I'm 38y 7mths old now and currently on 4dp2dt after my 3rd fresh ICSI transfer. I have been with Dr Loh SF at Thomson Fertility Centre all my cycles.

Have given up my job 7 months ago and this journey has been rough.I found much encouragement and support from everyone in this forum who truly understand what we are going through.

Hope we all jia you and get the much wanted BFP if not yet there :)

For those who did 2nd fresh ivf in kkh, do we need to q for 2 to 3 mths like the first fresh? Or after review with the gynae, can straight away do on the coming cycle? I suppose don't need go for briefing liao right?

Sister, any results?

Thanks to all who's thinking and praying for me.
I rec'd the call much later than expected and composed myself before answering. When told of my result, my mind went blank then I asked "are you sure because my hpt this morning is a clear BFN".
Was assured that the result is accurate and that they have verified with Dr THH and he wants me to go back on Fri for a 2nd reading because of my continuous blood flow so he's rather concerned.
My beta is 73. Dr THH says this is an acceptable reading for 12dp2dt even though passing mark is 250.
However, the fact that I been having moderately heavy flow for 6 days already, I honestly don't know where this is going.
Regardless, I just want to say anything is really possible! I was feeling really gutted actually but I held on to the tiniest hope. This sounds very silly but I spoke to my embies daily. I told them to hang in there, to stay with me and don't give up.
Jiayou to all in 2WW. Sometimes miracles happened when u believe in them.

Just did mine. Was told they would call me btwn 3-4pm although I read that if it's BFN, they usually call much earlier
Sister, any results?
I rec'd the call much later than expected and composed myself before answering. When told of my result, my mind went blank then I asked "are you sure because my hpt this morning is a clear BFN".
Was assured that the result is accurate and that they have verified with Dr THH and he wants me to go back on Fri for a 2nd reading because of my continuous blood flow so he's rather concerned.
My beta is 73. Dr THH says this is an acceptable reading for 12dp2dt even though passing mark is 250.
However, the fact that I been having moderately heavy flow for 6 days already, I honestly don't know where this is going.
Regardless, I just want to say anything is really possible! I was feeling really gutted actually but I held on to the tiniest hope. This sounds very silly but I spoke to my embies daily. I told them to hang in there, to stay with me and don't give up.

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. We will keep on praying for your success story!

Congrats! Keep us updated on the results :)

Shortcake2, Sonique2001, at which stage does we need to start to consume egg white, and how many egg white is recommended. And is having egg white been advised by Doctor as I seems on this forum, it seems a lot of people having egg whites.
From day 1 of stimm, most ladies take at least 2 egg whites daily..

Hello all. I'm new here. While I have silently stalked this forum for sometime since my first fresh ICSI in Dec'14, this is my first post. *shy*
I'm 38y 7mths old now and currently on 4dp2dt after my 3rd fresh ICSI transfer. I have been with Dr Loh SF at Thomson Fertility Centre all my cycles.

Have given up my job 7 months ago and this journey has been rough.I found much encouragement and support from everyone in this forum who truly understand what we are going through.

Hope we all jia you and get the much wanted BFP if not yet there :)
Hi there,come to this forum if u need help. We are all here to encourage 1 another. How was yr previous 2 fresh with dr loh?mind sharing your experience or tfc n the doctor?

Congratulations! Will be praying all goes well.

Hi connie_hopeful,

You may ask your hubby to eat some oyster/supplement to improve the quality of the sperm, you may eat some food which can improve your egg quality too, a lot of sisters have advised what to eat to improve the quality of egg before in this forum.
Hi dear,thanks. We tried liao with supplements,brazil nuts etc. Still not good enough to bfp. Will keep trying while still before 40. Jiayou!!

Thanks but don't congrats first bah... Results still inconclusive for now. We don't know which way the readings will go. I don't want to be too hopeful so it's easier to pick myself up if things doesn't work out.
At leasr there is still a glimpse of chance. Its a bfp! Somethg that i dun experience before in my entire life after marriage. Jiayou! Keep praying. Yr beanies can do it with your positive energy.

Congrats! That's happy news! :)

I went for my third scan today. 26 follicles. 10 are good sized ones according to doctor. But I am at risk of OHSS because too many follicles are popping up. Doc says if I have OHSS, they will freeze the embbies and make me go for the next cycle. I don't want!!! :'(

Now I'm feeling slight nausea and had runny tummy. Hope it resolves :'(

I went for my third scan today. 26 follicles. 10 are good sized ones according to doctor. But I am at risk of OHSS because too many follicles are popping up. Doc says if I have OHSS, they will freeze the embbies and make me go for the next cycle. I don't want!!! :'(

Now I'm feeling slight nausea and had runny tummy. Hope it resolves :'(

I had to delay mine too. I had only one embryo that fertilized normally from my fresh and had to risk freezing and thawing it. But it's a bfp. So don't be discouraged. Sometimes a setback may be a blessing in disguise. For some, it's better if their body has purged all the medication and do a natural cycle.

Back