IVF/ICSI Support Group

If in doubt, pls ask the kkivf nurses. Is impt to be aware of wat is going on. The first jab during fresh cycle is lucrin. Makes certain types of hormones in our body sleep. After x days of lucrin, a BT is done to check if objective is achieved before stimulation jabs.

FET does not hv these 2 jabs at all.

Iwantahealthybaby: Thanks for the info! Ya Dr Zou said I can see her tmr, sat n mon. I just done my ET... was depressing till I wanna cry. Blood test show my progesterone very high and Dr Tan said chances of bfp is very low. In normal case, he would have advised to cancel this cycle but since I have 8 embryos out of 13 eggs retrieved so I can still proceed to transfer 2 n still got 6 to 7 to freeze (1 under observation). Me n my hubby decides to go ahead with ET but Dr Tan said will only transfer 2 grade 3 and freeze the 6 grade 4 embryo. Never read abt this in forum b4 so was really shocked....

Progesterone high is no good? I've been reading too cos BT at ET, and 2 more BTs after ET showed that i have low progesterone so now on oral, insert and PIO progesterone support. I read that progesterone is to aid lining for helping embryos to implant and to support an early pregnancy.

Agree w hazel. Pls do ask the nurses, if not the doc, what each test and meds is for. either when you are collecting meds or when you next see the doctor. It's also for our knowledge and making sure the nurses don't end up giving us wrong instructions (they are human too). If we don't ask they wont tell coz everyone is too busy but just ask and ask and ask :)

Tavismummy: we r all here to learn and suppprt each other. This journey is so tiring already only those on this path really understand. Maybe u can Dr HH tan's first patient w BFP :)

Hello and welcome bliswifu.

yes jklim same during the fresh cycle. lurin is to suppress the hormone then before stimulation they take your bt to see if can proceed with stimulation jabs. that is the baseline stage i think. but dont think this BT they did is to check the progesterone level right?

anyone nobody took my bt at all to check for progesterone so i also dont know high or low for me, i just continue with the inserts day and night hopefully is adequate enough for me.

when did you have your progesterone blood test done? i am in kkh too but they have never done that test for me pior to any cycle. this natural cycle fet no BT was done throughout the whole procedure. only at fresh i remember got to take bt before stimulation but i dont really know what that BT is for? if that BT pass then i can proceed with stimulating injections.

dont sad 1st, since come so far i would take the same risk to transfer too as well since still got frozen embryos after that.

Iwantahealthybaby: they took my blood test on the same day I went for hcg but bt in the morning n hcg in the evening. I read abt such cases online n its all postpone. I can only pray hard nw... trying to remain positive but dun wanna get hopes high.

Progesterone high is no good? I've been reading too cos BT at ET, and 2 more BTs after ET
showed that i have low progesterone so now on oral, insert and PIO progesterone support. I read that progesterone is to aid lining for helping embryos to implant and to support an early pregnancy.

Pink_martini: From wat i read, high progesterone b4 ovulation is not good for implantation. I thot since my progesterone so high (shld be less than 5 but mine is 13.5) I can skip the vaginal inserts but nurse say its different so must still insert.

Ron8129: Yes.. indeed its tough...really salute those sisters who persevere on cycle after cycle till bfp. If Ive used up my embryo, I dun think I haf the courage to go thru again. I hope i will have a miracle too! Thanks thanks!! =)

lets leave our fate to mother nature and god up there. all i can say is every sisters who go through ivf be it fresh, medicated or natural fet at every stage there will be problems and worries. we can never stop stressing ourselves during this process. its easy to say relax but hard to RELAX lolx.

tavismummy indeed, who know you will be the next who get a BFP after dr tan col.

santhiya, dont think so much, my fresh i keep looking out for symptons, got sore boobs, got spotting 1-2days after transfer but in end i still get a BFN. this round i dont have symptons, no sore boobs, no implantation spotting so far but i also try not to think too much. just let this tww be my resting period. take it as detoxify my body with all the "'göod" (junk) food and cold drinks out there. time is crawling by.....lolx

10 cells at day2 - i had a nurse all that a kan-cheong spider embbie. Overachiever :)

Read online it helps lining. everything I am reading now is about improving lining. :p

Tavismummy, I also had the same progesterone bt on the hcg morning. No updates on that so I assume everything normal. The nurse couldn't explain what was that for. Dr zou said it's a rather new thing they intro to ensure that progesterone lvls are sufficient to maintain the pregnancy cos hcg lvls may be high but if progesterone is Low, pregnancy is v hard to sustain too. So nv really heard of progesterone lvl being too high.. did u check on the reason or How to reduce it?

If I were u, I will also go ahead to trf, at least there's some hope. Wish u all the best!

Jklim do u know when the pregynl jabs will leave the body?

I'm only having sore boobs (even before ET ) and some on & off cramps. I was woken by v bad cramps last night. The cramps was more painful than normal AF cramps, sincerely hoping that that's implantation cramps. Dun wana think too much abt these symptoms as I'm afraid to be disappointed again

D2, embyro, is 4 cells. Bssed on wat embyrologist Chong just told me last wk. Consistent w wat i googled online. Chong told me, grow too fast also does not mean a good thing. My other embyro which did not make it after thawing was 7 cellst d2。

Depending on dosage of pregnyl jab. Can take up to a wk to leave the body. My 2nd fresh cycle, i was on this. I used hpt only the day before BT date. Positive n consistent w BT result.

Mbbhopeful u mean on bhcg BT they will now test progesterone too? For all fresh and fet?
Sorry I meant the day of pregnyl jab to stimulate ovulation. progesterone bt 2 days b4 ER. I had it for my fresh cycle this rd but not sure of fet. Seems like Iwantahealthybaby did not do it for her fet

D2, embyro, is 4 cells. Bssed on wat embyrologist Chong just told me last wk. Consistent w wat i googled online. Chong told me, grow too fast also does not mean a good thing. My other embyro which did not make it after thawing was 7 cellst d2。

Depending on dosage of pregnyl jab. Can take up to a wk to leave the body. My 2nd fresh cycle, i was on this. I used hpt only the day before BT date. Positive n consistent w BT result.
I duno how much dosage haha. Had 2 boxes of pregnyl. Oh okok was thinking to test next week

Pregnyl breaks down abt 1000iu a day. So if you are on a 5000iu dose, they will tell you at least a week to 10 days to be safe before hpt

iwantahealthybaby, if the level of natural killer cells is tested to be high, there is some treatment to reduce the level. Not difficult one. I heard there is one kind of natural killer cells associated with our womb. I will be able to share more after I receive my BT result next week.

Jklim, for my last fresh cycle, after lucrin injection & before gonal f stimulation, I didn't do any BT test. To bad... I forgot to ask the doctor that time.

Can any sister share the contact of Dr Zou? Thanks!!

iwantahealthybaby, if the level of natural killer cells is tested to be high, there is some treatment to reduce the level. Not difficult one. I heard there is one kind of natural killer cells associated with our womb. I will be able to share more after I receive my BT result next week.

Jklim, for my last fresh cycle, after lucrin injection & before gonal f stimulation, I didn't do any BT test. To bad... I forgot to ask the doctor that time.

Can any sister share the contact of Dr Zou? Thanks!!

Zou Yumin TCM Physician & Accupuncturist
6456 0833
Blk 505 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 #01-2670 S569505

Yes I didn do any progesterone test on both fresh and fet. Don't know why different in this. During my et this cycle I ask my doc and nurse whether Is there a need to do progesterone test after et they say don't need. The inserts will do. So totally no test for me before or after :(

I am wondering who else here is like me, suffering from endometriosis and therefore having the fertility difficulty. I used to think Ivf can make me pregnant and no need to treat endometriosis. But I am wrong...

Faith bb,

Seems like yr transfer rate is the same as mine... 30% only. I had 10 matured for fertilization but only 3 pulled thru...

I hope you have better luck than me and get the BFP.

Valteen,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am now testing for ovulation daily till it happens or till when my menses come.

I am still trying to decide if I should tiao longer before I go for another fresh cycle. I only have one frosty left and since we are unsure if it will survive the thaw, we thought of going for fresh cycle to get yield more eggs for greater opportunity for a bfp. Maybe I should seek the opinion of both Dr tan sb n Dr zuo in a few weeks time before deciding.

Iwantahealthybaby,

I hope I hv better luck the next round with saizen next round. I really hope to get more quality eggs so that there is a chance for some to be cultured into blasyocysts.

I hope your wish for a bfp will come true this time and sprinkle some bb dust my way when I start cycling.

Hi ladies I am researching while preparing for my own IVF (date to be confirmed - still waiting for KKH to call me) - what are some of the possible causes of failed IVF? What kind of precautions to take after the embryo transfer?

Mbbhopeful,

Dr S has booked me for next cycle in April already. It is just that I cannot decide yet... On one hand, I am anxious to get a BFP like some sisters here cos I am aldy 37. On the other hand, I wonder if 2 months of tcm is enough to tiao my cold womb to become healthier.

I really hope to get pregnant soon. Cannot imagine how I will take it if it is a bfn the next round too....

Have faith. I have severe endo too. My miracle son was born in 2011 via FET.

Yes, endometriosis is definitely not a death penalty. I used to think Ivf is the only way out. But now I am reading books and was told that we can actually relieve the symptom with diet and lifestyle changes. Of course, it is best to apply together with laparoscope.

Jklim,

Dr S was telling me that lucrin is used in long protocol. For short protocol, I think they use ganirelix. Pregnyl was used to prepare the follicles for ER.

Kkivf gives pregnyl hcg injection support for fresh cycle if the sister has few eggs retrieved. Cant remember that magic no now. I was on jabs for both my fresh cycles as i only have 8 eggs retrieved.

Reason is, jabs r hcg. For sisters who have lots of eggs retrieved, they r at risk of ohss. So these jabs will worsen ohss.

Those on pregynl jabs also cannot do hpt until the hcg is completely out of the body. If not will get false positive.
I see!

Thanks... :)

High dosage of pregnyl is used as a trigger shot for long n short protocol to mature the eggs for ER.

A smaller dosage of pregnyl is used as a support once every 3~4 days after ET in a fresh cycle for sisters who have few eggs retrieved during 2ww. Now kkivf allows patients to jab at home. My fresh cycle i hv to go down every 3~4 days during 2ww for this support.

2nd cycle i was given the option to do at home. But i prefer to go down coz it involves breaking tubes n mixing med.

Mbbhopeful,

I had pregnyl 10000iu to prepare for ER. However, the hcg cleared out of my system as early as 6 days past my ER or 8 days after the jab. My hpt with high sensitivity did not even pick up a trace of it on 4dp2dt

Faith bb,

Seems like yr transfer rate is the same as mine... 30% only. I had 10 matured for fertilization but only 3 pulled thru...

I hope you have better luck than me and get the BFP.

Thanks Portia...
I praying for BFP too, though still busy at work (good in a way, stop me from thinking)

Pray your upcoming ends with BFP!

Back