IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks Mika! Will do so starting today. Hope still in time.
happy.gif
Thanks!

HI, JR

Thanks for the info. My job is extremely stressful & need to work long hrs. Somemore, got to give 2 months notice. Am really struggling whether to quit, but worry about financial since IVF is so costly. Wow! You previously with Christoper Chen, heard he was really expensive. I'm also with KK.

BTW, what is natural cycle?

Hi, Lily

Thanks also for your advise. I also went to see Dr Zou at AMK once. She prescribe some medication, but I did not take up Accu wih her. Still considering.

Maple babies,
I had the same thoughts as you, everything is under God's control and his plan and timing is always perfect. I was telling God in my heart that i dont want to have too much eggs too, as we do not want to do the cruel things of killing them at the end of the day and when the dr tells me on Sat that 8 eggs has been fertilized out of 16, my heart was thinking "wow, what a 50% reduction and it must be God hearing me". But yesterday when doc told me there is only 3 left, my first thinking was God knows what i wanted but after that i felt sad because it was not of the best grade and the thought of not having any to freeze also worries me as i'm afraid what if we could not make it this time. I keep praying and knowing fear is an enemy, i have to keep my faith strong and my mind at peace so that the embryos can grow well. I hope you are doing well too, lets jia you together.

Regarding the red dates drink, i'm also doing it. I'm mixing them with some wolfberries and boil it (advise by AMK Dr Zou), dont drink too much of it, maybe 2~3 glasses a day cause it is very heaty. I will have ulcers if i drank too much of it.

Maple babies,
I had the same thoughts as you, everything is under God's control and his plan and timing is always perfect. I was telling God in my heart that i dont want to have too much eggs too, as we do not want to do the cruel things of killing them at the end of the day and when the dr tells me on Sat that 8 eggs has been fertilized out of 16, my heart was thinking "wow, what a 50% reduction and it must be God hearing me". But yesterday when doc told me there is only 3 left, my first thinking was God knows what i wanted but after that i felt sad because it was not of the best grade and the thought of not having any to freeze also worries me as i'm afraid what if we could not make it this time. I keep praying and knowing fear is an enemy, i have to keep my faith strong and my mind at peace so that the embryos can grow well. I hope you are doing well too, lets jia you together.

Regarding the red dates drink, i'm also doing it. I'm mixing them with some wolfberries and boil it (advise by AMK Dr Zou), dont drink too much of it, maybe 2~3 glasses a day cause it is very heaty. I will have ulcers if i drank too much of it.

Thanks Theresa,

Lets believe this is God's plan for us both, just 3 fertilized eggs for now. Who knows, Sacrli we both kenna multiplets then can close factory le, no need worry about no eggs to freeze for next use.

Frankly, i think yours higher chance than mine leh. Cos yours was already 8 cell on D3? Mine was 2 cell on D2. Dunno after sending thm inside, are they growing? Just have to hang on to faith that God is nurturing them and growing them now. But sometimes, when there is no symptoms, i get worried.

Oh, so your red dates is boil one ah? Ok, i was thinking what is i ate it??? Dunno ok or not?

I just tried the red dates. Dunno issit becos not soaked hot or long enuff, the water quite bland, issit supposed to be like that? Or shd it be sweet and change reddish color?

End up i chew 2 of it ... yuck! Dont quite like the chewing part.

Lily05,
Did u manage to go for the acu yet?

Theresa,
Don't worry abt the grade. I think it's very hard to get the best grade, and even then, it doesn't automatically mean success cos also depends on other factors like lining and progesterone level, etc. I hope you'll succeed!

Mika,
The range for HCG is really wide. As long as they say ur pregnancy is safe now and the HCG level continue to double every 2-3 days, u're ok. Can try reading some stuff on the web abt HCG levels. This might help: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

Weiwei,
Where are you? Haven't heard from u in a long time! How're things?
happy.gif

Maple babies,
how much we are bonded in this thread? nice to miss someone here when she has not been here for sometime... one more person, jaslyn, if you all remember her... just kinda miss them...

Maplebabies,
Boil the red date with wolfberries for about 15min and you should have some taste, add some sugar if you like.

After 1 worry come another, yesterday night dunno why whole night keep thinking if kenna triplets then how..... not prepared at all. Actually only intend to put in 2 but only left with 3 and dr straight away make decision for us to put in all..... sigh! At that moment also never think of it so much, only worry about the grade. Hope God knows what i want.....
Are you worry if you kenna triplets or not?

Also miss Weiwei, dunno how she is now with her triplets?

Hi Jessie,
Ya u r right. Chris Chen is really expensive. That is also the reason why i switch.

Hi ladies in 2ww,
Don't worry too much. Just rest well. What will be will be. 1, 2 or 3 they are all 'gifts' for us. Take care okie.

Theresa,
Dun worry so much. I think I'm like you, now I hope to just put in just 2 embryos cos i also will worry if kenna triplets...but ultimately it also depend on whether i have any gd grades embryos when my turn comes. However, I think it is already a blessing that God gave you 3 fertilised embryos, compared to others with none at all. Believe He will know how many you can cope with. May you enjoy yr 2ww.

Maplebabies,
On comparison, you dun mind triplets right? Guess for you is the more the merrier?
happy.gif
Hope you will also rest well during yr 2ww.

Hope to hear gd news very soon from you and Theresa!
kao_babydust2.gif

if more than one or two, then you all 'tiok liao lor'... then can close factory and take good care of your health and no need to worry about 2nd and 3rd ones... like myself, now i have one 4 year old (thank to god, praise god) but not yet 2nd 3rd. now, i am still like one of you all, trying hard... stay positive... there's reason for everything to happen... just follow the flow and we will be happy...

Thanks Theresa! Dun worry lor. Lets just count our blessings to have come this far. God will provide whatever no. of children he planned for us.

Ya Nano. i dont mind triplets if i can be blessed with them.

Maple babies,
Do you still have any bloatedness or any other symptom? I still feel bloated and abit gastric like feeling.

Hi JR,
So are you still on acup and TCM to "tiao" your body? When are you going for natural ivf. What is the grade for your previous embryos that you put in? My dr says my egg quality no so good because can see some bubbles in the eggs and he said this is in-born. Sometime i wonder will TCM and acup improve the egg quality? Did you check with your sinseh what is the cause of 2 failed ivf? Your determination will pays off, dont worry and may God bless you with babies soon.....

Hi theresa,
My first cycle with KK was positive, but i lose it at week 8. For my second cycle, my egg quality was 5 (best grade). But unfortunately, it didn't make it. So don't worry so much about the quality of eggs. What is more important now is that it find a good and comfortable place in your uterus and implant itself. In fact, my first cycle egg was grade 4.

My sinseh can't tell me the reason. Not even Dr Loh. Guess God thinks is not the right time yet. I will start my natural cycle in Sept cos' now i am still on TCM and acup to 'tiao' my body and hopefully miracles can happen within the 2 months.

Mika
Congrates !!

Ladies in 2ww
eat , sleep and rest well . JiaYou JiaYou !!

i went to see Dr Zou from ang Mo Kio as recommended by sisters here. She really nice and patient.Like wat she says..'We aimed to succeed and not to rush thru it'. for those who have failed the fresh IVF, better to tio ur body to tip top condition b4 going for the next.
happy.gif

*wave* weiwei hows u & ur triplets doing? remember rest well.

Hi Theresa,

Frankly, i have no more symptoms except the very stuffed up feeling 2 days back. Or maybe i dont know how to differentiate. I dont know if i have bloatedness or i just put on some weight. How to tell ah? I also dont have cramps whatsoever. Just feel heavy there and nipples sore and sensitive. But then again maybe its the impregnyl jabs that caused me the nipple symptpom. Frankly, i am abit worried why no symptoms and keep wondering whether my embies have left me. My faith is alittle shaken. I keep asking God to help me keep the embies and give me a sign that they are still in there, whether a cramp or twitch.
sad.gif
I am 30 this year.

Theresa, can share with me your normal day 2's FSH, LH and E2 values prior to IVF? I think mine is not good.

Really can only count on God this time, that he will bless me with at least 1 baby thru this IVF cos i may not be able to do another round of IVF soon if this one fails. And i wish to hold my babies soon! Haiz ... hope my womb 'zhen qi' abit.

JR,
if u dont mind, can you tell us how did u lose ur first cycle on 8th week? did u just have period and then bb not there anymore?

Maple babies,
Like you I can't differentiate between bloatedness and simply having round tummy. Like two weeks ago after i did my scope, i felt an air ball stayed in my tummy playing merry go round. the feelings is suck... i applied 'u li yiu' and i felt better. i assume that feeling as bloatedness. yeah, after scope, my tummy is round and at night till now, i feel air going through my intestine and then after a while i pass wind... again i applied 'u li yiu' and i feel better.

Hey Theresa & Maplebabies,

When will your blood test be? Mine's on Aug 10th. How have you both been?

Myself I have been alright initially, but since 2 days ago my tummy has grown huge and sooo taut, and it's whole abdomen, not just the lower ab. It is getting very uncomfortable for me. I feel like I have not been eating more, just the same. It hurts when I yawn or sneezed. Am so miserable now...

Chevall & Babylow,
Thanks for your encouragement, i will JIA YOU and bring good news soon.....

Maple babies,
Today i also dont have much symptom leh.... was very bloated and gastric like feeling for the past few days. Now my breast also dont sore and feel like normal liao..... worry leh

My D2 bld test is FSH 7.6, LH 3.06 and Estradiol 39.

Hi Sisters,
Yesterday my dr called and says that he managed to freeze 1 embryos (at blastocyst stage), i was thrilled! Initially have 8 fertilized embryos, only 3 better ones are put in and dr says the rest not growing well but will still monitor but surprisingly 1 is growing quite well so he freeze it.

Can any sis here share with us what should be the symptom during 2ww. Are we suppose to have bloatedness and sore breast feeling through out the 2ww??? not much symptom can be scary leh....

Hi Deasy
My HCG level did not raise enough. It did not double as well. I even when to see my own gynae at GE, he suggested a D&C as I also have many fibroids.

Maple, Theresa,
Don't worry too much. The last time when i was tested positive. I had no much symptoms too except for sore breast that was cause by the pregnyl injection. Just stay positive and happy so that your 'babies' will stick to you. jia you okie

JR

so sorry to know that ur pregnancy was terminated.

R u the one that is going for FET soon? we might be on the same time.

Hi,

I just called up the clinic regarding my super taut expanding tummy. I expanded 3 inches on my waist but the weight remained the same. I asked the nurse is this just bloatedness and she said it probably is. The nurse advised me to eat more egg whites or I can also drink Ensure milk. I told her about my lack of commitment to egg-white eating as I was so sick of it. This (new) nurse then said "how can you be sick of egg? You can cook it any way you want and/or add it to your food" and I told her "well, to begin with I do not fancy egg that much". So we both agreed that I should start drinking Ensure milk.
sad.gif

Moral of the story is: Ladies, do eat your egg whites. If you can't tolerate the eggs, drink Ensure milk. Do not learn the lesson the hard way like I did.Hahahahahaha....

And yes, I restarted taking egg whites for breakfast again.

Hey Left! Nice and assuring to see you around cos you are my 'shi jie', you know?

My blood test is on the 14th. Eh, Theresa how come mine later than you when i started ET earlier ah? Strange.

Lefthander, i suppose you same age as me, born in 1977? Aiyo, talk about sneezing, i sneezed 7 times since ET. Aiyo, was so wooried sneezed the embryos out. Very guilty feeling.

I also getting sick of the eggs. Everynite, my mom will make 2 hard boiled ones for me and i will force myself to eat. Then past 2 nites, i keep waking in the middle of the nite, want to puke and feel giddy. Huh? Too much eggs? You taking red dates drink?

Hey Theresa, i also no more symptoms. In fact i feel so well, like i can even smuggle out of house go shopping. But i didnt lah, cos hubby will kill me if he knew, hehehe ... I got feel abit bloated but just abit only or maybe its my fats, i still dont know how to differentiate. No more signs leh. Can be worrysome hor? But i tell myself never mind lah, God's plan. What can i do except just hope and pray. Let me say a prayer for all of us now:

Dear God, pls hear our simple cry and sincere desire to have a child, at least one thru this IVF for now God. Pls God, now that you have walked with us this far, pls God, just a bit more, help us ensure our precious embies can successfully implant and grow to be helathy fetuses and babies! May you bless our womb and all our reproductive organs, cells, hormones, structure, that all work in hand and to the best to help our embies grow and thrive. Pls God.

For those on treatments and upcoming ER and ET, may you grant them strength, good stimulation of eggs and successful fertilization with good grades embryos. Also God, grant them swift and smooth procedures and healthy bodies to go thru, especially in 2ww. Inn Jesus Name AMEN!

Theresa, good leh that you have 1 freezed blastocyst. That one may be high chance for implantation next time when you decide to have more kids. Thanks for sharing your hormone values. Mine was similar to yours except LH abit weird, too high, yet Dr Loh say no PCOS leh. FSH-7.8, LH-7.5, E2-53.3 Aiyo...

Thanks JR for reminding us to fret less over the symptoms, guess sometimes we lose our sanity when we get too anxious, hehehe ...

Halo again, just popping back again to see any last posts. Guess everyone is at lunch? I am so bored, hubby went back to work. Ok, gotta crawl back to bed now. Been surfing net for the last 45mins, gonna get strangled by hubby hehe ...

Hi Ladies,

Haven't been posting for a while. I just tested positive for the pregnancy blood test today (D17), hcg level was 1704.

For those in the 2ww, don't worry too much abt the symptoms. I had severe bloating, followed by stomach flu, then a deflated stomach and then bloating a few days ago. No other signs of nausea, frequent urination, tiredness or what so ever.

Thought gone case becos of the stomach flu, I use the hpt at D10 post transfer, and it showed a very very very faint line. Subsequent testing showed a slightly darker line.

So grateful to God that we managed to get pregnant on the 1st ivf. But it is still early days yet, praying for a smooth 9 mths.

All the best to those still in the 2ww, I know it is a tough period. Every little sign becomes magnified and I spent hrs on the web search abt deflated stomach, bloating etc etc. Even emailed Dr Loh abt a deflated stomach and he said everyone is different and not everyone gets any symptoms.

JR,
Thanks for sharing your experience and hope that you will strike at your next try!

Maple babies,
Thanks for your wonderful prayer! I'm sure God has heard our cry and will bless and walk us through this last round. He will complete our race for this ivf and will not abandon us at this moment. Take to your embies to let them cling tight to your uterine wall, solid implantation and fully developed into healthy babies, i talk to them several times a day and hope they hear me.

Sunflower,
Congratulation! Wow, your hcg level is so high, i think it is likely to be twins or triplets! Remember Weiwei, her hcg level was about 1800. Rest well and have a smooth 9 mths. You have been MIA for awhile and now give us a BIG NEW, so happy for you!

I heard bloating is a good sign as many sisters here gets positive when they have bloating. Today is my D4 and was having severe bloating for the past few days until today, bloatedness stop almost completely, thats why get worried lor....

Maple babies,
I think private hospital practice 14 days for bld test unlike KKH which is 17 days. But i have not make any appt yet, thought of testing it myself first before going to hospital lor.....

I only put in 2 embryos, not sure if both implanted. Will only know during the scan abt 2 weeks later.

Theresa,
Your case sounds like mine. I had rather bad bloating D2-D6 after transfer, couldn't wear the normal pants. Then it suddenly delated on D7-10, then started to bloat from D11 till now.

Halo, i am back, cant get my butt glued to bed, very bored and restless, hehehe

Wow, Sunflower, CONGRATS!! Can i ask at DPO10, wont you have just taken the impregnyl jab? U mean can still test HPT around that time? Cos my DPO10 will be this Sat but one day before:Friday, i need to jab impregnyl again so thot will influence the result if i test on DPO10.

Thanks Theresa, what do you call your embies? I initially wanted to call them by names but then the names hubby and me thought of were mainly cartoon charactor names so better not, later my embies angry cos mummy and daddy so not put in effort to think of nice names rite? End up i call them babies. Dunno if they are still inside. Hope they are then i can keep talking to them and not to an empty shell. Yup, have kept praying to God too. Even when i poo poo, i tell God to help me hold them in there cos i felt like i am poo poo ing them out at the same time. Maybe i getting too paranoid, hehe ...

Eh, will you be doing HPT at home prior to the blood test? I very scared leh, want to do HPT first so that if not successful at least on blood test day, not so anxious. But have been so jinxed for all previous months of ttc-ing, so scared once more see BFN so dont dare to test leh.

Theresa, who's preparing your meals for you? I prepared my own brkfast, eat sandwich (ham & cheese) then mom cooked dinner. Lunch, eversince hubby goes back to work, i been eating maggi mee cos nothing else leh and my nearest coffee shop is very very far. Today appetite very good, keep munching almost like i have been "gor tio" like that.

The impregnyl jabs left me feeling heavy down there, i cant walk straight and keep holding on to my womb the whole of yesterday. Today better but nipples stick very sensitive. And emotions also one kind, one min very happy, one min quite down. Think of hubby also can almost cry, cos missed him, very emotional ...

Sorry ah, dunno why, today me very chatty ... another symptom? Hahaha

Hey Sunflower, did you also take red dates drink everyday?

This morning, very funny and exasperating at the same time. I left my red dates to slow boil but the water dried up and got 'chao ta'. Hubby just pass by and came back ask me "u boil red dates ah?' He didnt tell me its 'chao tah' Later i go check, luckily in time to stop kitchen from burnt dowm. Then i ask him why no tell me 'chao tah', he just shrug his shoulders and say 'thot must be like that mah' Aiyo, where got people make red dates drink with 'chao ta' red dates? Angry but see his responses want to laugh, din get angry in the end. Haiz ...

Hi MapleBabies,

I had 23 eggs retrieved, 14 fertilised and had to do daily progesterone jabs for 17 days. Didn't do pregnyl jabs.

I even had diarrhea during the 2ww becos of the stomach flu. Comforted myself by thinking that if this cycle fails, at least there are 12 frozen embies waiting.

no, didn't take red dates drink at all. Never fancied it. But I took quite a bit of 100 plus as I read that such drinks help to reduce the bloatedness, it didn't seem to help though.

Have been going to work for the past week w a bloated stomach and trying to hide it with jackets and loose clothing.

Hi Maplebabies,

How are you? Hvn heard from u for long time...... Seems like you have braved thru to go the IVF journey. Really really wish you would strike this time........
happy.gif

N to all, loads of bb dust..... and hope u will all graduate with flying colors.
kao_babydust2.gif

Maple babies,

I will call them embies or boys and girls.

I also will be scared to do HPT at home but anxious leh..... sooner or later will need to know the result right! I always get big disappointment and further more my AF very accurate, strike 4D also not so "jun". Even when doc start my superfact (lucrin), my AF also on the dot, even doc also comment "wow so accurate".

I'm staying with my mum so for my meals it is quite easily settled. Breakfast is always half boiled eggs and yogurt, my mum will buy lunch and cook dinner. My mum's place is quite convenience, alot of coffee shop and a wet market downstair so food no issue. Why dont you stay with your mum??? You can get your DH to buy some food before he go to work so at least you can heat up for lunch and i think it is better than your instant noodles right!

The impregnyl jabs also left me feeling heavy down there but today is much better. I also dont have anymore sensitive nipples or sore breast. My mood also up and down, yesterday very positive that will get pregnant thats why scared of multiples but today very negative and think i cannot make it this time liao.... some keep looking out for symptom until frustrated. At least you can still see DH in the evening, i dont even know when i will be seeing my DH even since he flew back to HK on Tue..... hopefully positive by next week, i think he will make another trip back to see me lor

Hey Tweetie! Nice to see u around! How's baby? Prince or princess? Delivering yet? Thanks for your well wishes1 I hope so too!

Hi Theresa, am already staying with my mom but she only free to do dinner lor. Sometimes my dad will ta bao fro me before he goes to work but mostly tabao brkfast. Hubby need to leave house before 730am so quite hard for him to buy lunch in advance for me i guess. Hmmm... maybe we can re-discuss this cos still got 1 more week to go.

sunflower,
Congrats on ur BFP result!!!
happy.gif
Wish u a smooth and happy 9mths ahead. Looks like u have many fertilised eggs, that's very good.

maplebabies,
You said ur LH level was high, but ur doc said no PCOS. How to tell when one has PCOS leh? Cos I'm wondering if I have. Oh, try not to eat instant noodles too much. Now u carrying embies, must try to take care of ur health and eat nutritious food. How about buying diff types of cereal and milk instead, so that you can have high fibre and calcium too... And maybe buy some fruit and biscuits when u want to snack. Wholemeal bread also good...

i am glad to hear another success case under dr loh...

congrats sunflower!

i went to see him for check-up. always happy to see him. told him about my ivf plan if need be. understanding and straight away mentioned leave. i feel so assured...

Hi Petals

I was told typical PCOS must have LH higher than FSH. The ratio must be more than 1:1. And usually PCOS has other symptoms like obesity, coarse body hairs, irregular period and most prominently, many follicles in ovary lining up to form a round pearl necklace liked chain.

But my LH wasnt much higher than FSH. I am also not obese or overweight. I am hairy but my periods are dam regular. As for follicles in ovary, one ovary do look like there are some small follicles in a pearl necklace chain but its only 1 ovary. So Dr Loh say he wont diagnose it as PCOS cos alot of other factors dont gel.

Ok, hmm ... looks like i gotta think around my meals properly. I am bugging hubby to take a day off next week, hehe ... then i have my 'Maria' to take care of me, hehehe.

Hey Maplebabies and Theresa,

Have you both ever step out of the house ever since ET?

At first I was so insecure cos I think you both have been good and stay in bed as much as you can, whereas I have been going grocery shopping with DH, cooking my meals, and walk to my mum's place (4 blocks away), play with my niece and nephew and on 2 occasions carry them cos they won't stop crying.... since 2days post ET. And now with my superbloated tummy, it's so uncomfortable and I can't take it, so have been dragging DH to walk around the neighbourhood after dinner. I am having abdominal muscle pain when I inhale.

But I read some articles that whether you remain bed rest or bed rest X3days and take it easy for the rest of 2ww... no difference in percentage of success rate. So I just listen to my body now, and mostly take it easy. Am worried that my clothes may be too tight for work come Aug12th. Have to go shopping for clothes soon.
happy.gif

Sunflower
Congratulations!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back