IVF/ICSI Support Group

007, 11BB, ya tell me about it man! Due to DHEA and all the IVF jabs, i put on 10kg and the flabby tummy still hanging around! Damn sianz~

Cool, i cried abit when i read your post, siao right? All the crazy hormones! So how your spotting ok now? That one very worrisome hor?

Jeanne, i did ICSI, which clinic are you with? If KK, they wont call to update you. On ET day then you will know. You can speak to the embryologist when she hands you your embryos photos to understand more like what % was injected and what % fertilised. Doesnt mean ICSI so all 100% will fertilise cos ICSI is just to help the sperm get into the egg, whether they 'fall in love' is still very much up to them.

Sarah, yup dr zou did say my condition for this cycle is good, so if fail (fingers crossed), i guess maybe due to implantation or embryo quality ler.
The supplements I took are those mentioned yesterday plus dr Zou's meds. She gave me meds to take during my menses as well as meds after menses cleared for ovulation. Oh ya, I also took brands berry essence alternate days after menses ended as a vitamin supplement coz I can't take conceive well, will feel nausea n dizzy after taking it. Maybe diet wise also was more careful, always packed economical rice to have servings of veg n protein n eat more fruits like apples during the 1st 2 weeks n no tea/coffee/cold drinks.
Am day 11post d2t today..got some itchy rashes on n off, headaches last night, hot flashes past 2days. But mayb also due to the cyclogest.

Morning ladies...those doing ER and ET these few days..good luck!! Remember to take lotsa egg whites if you've many eggs retrieved.

Hi Jeanne
The cramps and bloating will go away after 2-3 days and yesterday my doctor did give me medicine to clear away water in my tummy she said is normal to feel this and today i feel a lot better and hope you will feel that too in few day
Nurse said i will be awake today and also need to do injection one hour before start the ET
and i also need to accpuncture before and after ET so many step to do and today will be all by my self but I really feel ok and looking forward too

Thank u sisters for all the blessings n well wishes. I shall enjoy each day at a time.

Heartbeats, *pad pad* u hv got thru so much. Some of the words might hv triggered ur memory..sorry. But u r definitely a brave lady! When I first read ur journey on the forum, I was like, what I am going thru is really nothing compared to u. So big hugs to u sister.

Pancake all the best for ur ET. Glad that ur lining is good enough.

Jeanne, Pancake n Chevy, congratulations for all ur double digital egg retrievals. They will make it! Jiayou. I only had 7 and only 2 made it. And that's all it's needed!

Heartbeats, my bleeding has subsided. Hopefully it wouldn't come back. Pray pray pray
happy.gif

Good morning sisters,
All the best to sisters who ET & ER
happy.gif
sorry, as i have missed alot of the pervious post...so i dunno who is going to ET and ER....
I sleep alot recently, very tired, i woke up and eat, and then go back to sleep again....

Wenwen, when is your BT?

Hi all,
I just got a call from the embryologist. She said that out of 11 retrieved, 8 were matured, and out of that 4 were fertilised.

I'm really thankful that there were 4 fertilised. This is exactly what I had prayed for, because personally I was always worried about what to do with excess embryos. Feel uncomfortable to throw away, so chose donate, but best if i can have a chance to bear all of them. And me and DH have always wanted to have 4 kids. Though of course I know there is a long way to go, and I won't know the outcome how long they will stay with me, but for now, those are my 4 babies... hehe. As cool said, just 2 is all that's needed.

However, one worrying thing is that she told me that my egg shells are tough, like elastic band, so ask me to consider assisted hatching, cost extra $700. I'm not sure whether there are risks involved of assisted hatching to the embryos... According to Dr Loh, it is rarely required. Has anyone gone for this?

But this also serve as an answer for me why no pregnancy, all this time the egg shells were too tough.

Gd am sisters! Wishing all who's doing ER, ET and bhcg BT (if any) today all the best!!

Hi Jeanne, u with dr Loh? I'm with KK n I asked the embryologist that time if I nd assisted hatching, they told me mine no need. Think there isn't anything to b concerned abt n if they tell u must do, I think better do. Congrats on ur beautiful 4 babies!!
happy.gif

Jeanne
congrats with your good news and now you may looking forward to the ET

I am leaving home soon , will update once i am back
see you all and keep it up

Hi jeanne,
If without assisted hatching your embbies will remain in hard shell right, that might b a problem for your embbies to break from the shell to implante into the linning.

Check this website, Www.babycenter.com, under the fatal development, the 3D video will show u how the embbies shell must break abd suck into the linning....

Also, you may wanna check w dr balaji, the head of embryologist, what are the risks involve in the assisted hatching process....

Hi Jeanne,
Rest well ok. So happy to hear you have 4 fertilised! Well done!
I will only know the progress when i go for ET tomorrow. I try to not thk of all the "what ifs...." but being human, can't help it right? hahahaaa

Thanks Cool! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Good day sisters!

All the best to those going for ER and ET!

I am counting down 5 days to my BT. Keeping everything crossed!

Jeanne!!
happy.gif
Hurray for the 4 fertilized eggs! Praying that all will go well for your ET tmr. Rest early.

For sisters with Thyroid problems, I used to have this problem too. One of the thing which we can do to help ourselves is to try to sleep before 1030pm. Exercise and eat healthly. Our body has amazing self healing ability, only if we do not mistreat them.

Dear sisters, may I know when is it better to do blasto and when not to do? I have about 3 weeks to decide before ET. Dr loh said there might be possibility all won't survive till blasto, then does that mean no trsf? He suggested blasting 7 out of my 15 frozen. Is that a good number? This is my 1st time doing FET, so not sure abt the thawing survival rates. Fr the way dr loh speaks, he seems quite confident. But cos maybe he always sounds confident so as to let his patients think positively too. However, I'm also worried as I heard embryos may survive better as D3, in the womb. Pls advise what shld I do? I don't want to end up canceling this cycle.

Lynnie, my TCM Dr told me not to take Royal Jelly for PCOS. You might want to check with your DR before consume together with Conceive Plus.

Jaded, me too didn't have implantation occurred for my last fresh and FET. Wonder how to improve in this area. Did you take brazil nut during your ivf cycle?

Cool: congrats

Pancake: all the best for ET

All the bests to all the rest doing ER, ET and BT soon
happy.gif

I m struggling with the bad pains of AF and can't think straight now.

JoynFaith, is it? i read online and thought royal jelly is good for pcos as it improves the hormones imbalance and regulate menses... i still thought of buying that to try..

any sisters here has actually follow dr loh from kkh to tmc? any idea hw much it cost to transfer embryos over and hw much does dr loh charge for fet?

btw, is the cost for every fet the same in kkh? i.e. abt $1k+? i am scare it gets very "damaging" on my DH's pocket as he is the only breadwinner nw.

faith,
u have already transferred ur embies over? can i check how much will ur fet cost?
Like you, i had 15 embies and transferred 2 for fresh and succeeded. then 1st fet decided to do blastocyst, but thaw 8 to get only 1 and couldn't wait till d5, had to transfer on d3 since embryologist afraid that embie might not survive to d5 but didn't succeed.... dr loh's comments were that my embies dun seem to survive the thaw very well and i could have gone for more fets instead of cultivating till blastocysts but yes, the risk is u might not have anything to transfer... i also wonder if since i have mild PCOS, then does that make my egg quality not so good and thus not so suitable for blastocysts... by transferring the embies at d2 at least give them a better chance to survive in the womb rather than in the lab...

Jeanne: I almost had to do assisted hatching too coz the embryoist said the shell could be too hard but eventually she didn't do it. Guess the embryoist and doc are the best persons to advise whether you should do it or not

Pancake: good luck to ur ET

Koric: good luck to ur BT...will pass very soon..esp with the weekend coming along

Faith, there are many things which we don't know and don't understand. I would trust the doctor and go with the doctoc's recommendation ;)

i1BB, good girl.. you might not be able to sleep early initially, but it takes time to adjust your body clock. so Don't give up sleeping early!

Any gals with PCOS and your DR allows you to take Royal Jelly?

Lynnie. Sometimes, quite confusing getting information from different sources. I know for people with cyst can't take Royal Jelly because it will make it bigger (too rich in nutritious). Best to check with your DR before starting on it. I'm taking Blackmores Conceive Well, Folic Acid and TCM for now.

i1BB & Hope,
Thanks for your advice! DH and I decided to go ahead with assisted hatching since the embryologist suggested. We will do our best to increase the chances.

The risks seem minimal, small chance of infection, but maybe they will give antibiotics, and there is a very small chance of spliting the embryo to form identical twins.

Cool, thanks for your prayers! Will keep you & your little ones in prayer too.

Chevy, I'm sure your embryos are doing well too.
Through ICSI, my eggs and DH sperms have overcome the obstacles to achieve fertilisation -poor morpholgy plus hard egg shells! If ours can be fertilised, yours can too!

All the best for your ET tmr!

faith and eskimo,

blasting works slightly better during fresh cycle becos the risk of embbies to survive during thaw is already a challenge. once they survive, still need to blast till d5. so the risk for FET to blast is higher than fresh. however, stronger ones will make it. how many to thaw and blast during FET depends on the dr..since he said 7, just go with him. he must have a reason becos he will see ur past records. if u have previous FET which doesnt thaw well, the risk is higher, so he wants to thaw more so u have a higher chance to transfer at least 1. there must a reason for everything they did. u might want to clarify with him.

im a pest to dr..everything the dr decides for me, i always ask the reason for it so that im aware that its the best choice for me. but if i dont like certain idea, i will voice out too..try to discuss with ur dr , dont leave the rooms with alot question marks still in ur head.

Hi Ladies,

Does Dr Sadhana has an email address to contact her? I just underwent a surgery to remove polyps, there's something I want to ask her.

Please tell me her email address if you have..thanks thanks!

Wow...I cannot keep track who is doing what. All the best to all awaiting ER, ET and BT. May I have ur good news soon!
happy.gif

Hmmm...can anyone advise...after a failed fresh cycle, would our AF be longer than usual? When I failed my IUI last yr, my AF was 17 days, unlike my usual cycles with AF only lasts for 6-7 days. So, wanna get myself prepared...will my AF after my failed fresh cycle this time round expected to be longer?

Hi ladies
Sorry to gatecrash. I was from this thread years ago. Was just reading abt pcos and royal jelly. Thot I just share my experience. I have pcos. Nothing works. failed 2 ivfs. I took royal jelly for 3 mths and my cycle shortened from 45 to 35 days and I managed to conceived my boy naturally. I did the same thing and conceived no 2. The effect for me is quite obvious. My cycle improved during the first cycle I took royal jelly. I guess if all else fails. No harm trying bah. Good luck!!!

mamaleen - after failed cycle, sometimes can be as per normal, but often will be delayed (can be up to a week or so, due to the meds taken during 2ww).

Hi sisters. Have been a silent reader for past months. Very sad today. Supposed to do natural fet this month but follicle still too small at 10mm only. Have to go for scan again on Mon. Really hope can proceed next week or would have to try again next month
sad.gif

Hi Mama leen,
I had to same question in mind too! Though my AF after my previous failed SO IUI was normal - last about 6-7 days.
In fact, today is already 20 days post ET. Still waiting for AF to report and its kind of late. Never so late before. Don't know if its due to IVF...
Does anyone experience late AF after failed fresh cycle? How late can it gets?

I an seating wait for the timing to start the procedure ,, most of people here are couple I feel sad a little bit that my husband cant be here with me ( he is in manila for very importance meeting ) but when I open and read all the comment that give me support and I now I feel that too
Thank you ... Cool , Hope , Chris , Biggly ,Koire , jeanne ,mama leen nd everyone here doing ET ER and 2 ww

Dear Lynnie,
Many of us follow Dr Loh to TMC, myself included but i was preggie at KK during my 2nd fresh cycle last November then see him at TMC now as my gynae
happy.gif

Dear ML,
Thanks so much for sharing ur experience here. Can you share the brand of royal jelly you bought and anything to take note of when consuming? Is it to et one teaspoon a day even during menses? Just asking a bit more on behalf of the ladies here
happy.gif

Dear Joannetph,
Don't despair, hopefully your follicles can grow. Can anything be done to help follicle growth?

Dear Pancake,
We're here with you!!! Stay positive and all the best!!!

Hi Chris,
I did long protocol, which lasts for about 2 months. For long protocol, 21 days after your menses start, you have to inject medicine to downregulate your natural hormones, eg. lucrin. Then wait for your menses to come again, before you begin the next step, which is egg stimulation.

Not sure about short protocol, but think it can be complete in 1 month?
usually for 1st cycle, i think most ppl do long protocol, as there is more control over the hormones.

By the way, you were asking for cost of the IVF/ICSI at TFC under Dr Loh... so far i have spent $12,000 already (from registration and scans, meds, blood tests till egg retrieval). The last bill they entered "IVF package 2", so i am not sure if it include the embryo transfer... and since they recommend me to do assisted hatching, i think i will need to spend another $700 at least. Super broke... at least can claim 6k from medisave...

Hi Joanne,
May I ask what is natural FET? the "F" stands for frozen or is it fresh? I have always been wondering...
Then if it is a frozen embryo transfer, do we still need the follicles to mature? Sorry, just a bit confused.

Jeanne; thanks! Wah so first time will be long protocol. I was hoping to skip the first part. If cycle is very regular, have to take lucrin also?

For cost, did u have to pay $12,000 upfront? Or just pay whatever after the $6k medisave deduction? Ya I can imagine cos these are outside of the cost of pregnancy and delivery.

All the bEst for your upcoming ET!!

Jeanne, fet is frozen embryo transfer. As I am doing natural (which means no medication), they can only do the transfer after my ovaluation. Thus the lining and follicle size must be good. As I failed last medicated fet, Dr Sadhana proposed to do natural fet this round....

Back