IVF/ICSI Support Group

<u>Fruits for Thoughts</u>

These tiny blueberries are packed with a powerful phytonutrient known anthocyanins – a natural compound that is actually responsible for giving blueberries their deep rich color.
But this same natural compound can also help you get pregnant naturally!

Indeed, this powerful natural chemical helps reduce the impact of inflammation body-wide and in doing so benefits nearly every step involved in getting pregnant. This includes ovulation - making and ovulating healthy eggs - helping sperm and egg meet so conception can occur, keeping your fallopian tubes clear for the easy transport of your embryo to your uterus, and finally, keeping the lining of your uterus healthy so that your implantation and your pregnancy can be healthy and strong.

And if that were not enough, studies show that adding just a half cup of blueberries to your daily diet can help lower cholesterol, fight high blood pressure, reduce the risk of memory loss and brain motor function disorders, and even protect you from cancer!

Nadia - I also wearing slippers at home ... takes some getting used to cos i got sweaty feet .. then it gets pretty hot too ...

pink-M: You will be queen soon! and when you are one, it will be for a long time ok? Hugs!

sesame oil: No...he has low count, poor forms and poor movements. You name it, he has it
sad.gif

Thankfully ICSI does the trick
happy.gif

miracle: Now u make me feel like having a bunch of juicy berries!!!
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Hi all, just want to ask if you were very easily tired during stim stage? I was absolutely exhausted today and actually crashed for 4 hours!! Amazing.

Popy, congrats! so lovely to have twins. May I ask how many embies did you transfer?</font>

pinkD
in moderation hor. But your hb can take. I decided to stock up some blueberry juice so that hb can drink them, at least better than those pepsi and coke.

pinkD, glad that you're better now
happy.gif

Adeline, could it be spotting? Hopefully they are not heavy. Call KK tmr first thing in the morning.

ineedmiracle, thanks for the useful info! Oh yes, must refrain them from drinking cokes. It will harm the spermies. Hb just had one can last night and i scolded him!
sad.gif

today is my 6dp4dt....getting more n more anxious as the days past.....sometimes i felt cramps but it comes n goes within seconds....makes me wonder whether im imagining it or not.....sigh.....

JJ: me nvr wore slippers at home..hope i can get use to it...

How I wish I can eat blueberry...my stomach can't take it..it will also go berry berry...heheheh..hubbie also can't take much either...Thanks for the info ineedmiracle..

Hi dear sistas, juz bk from kk24hrs. Have test for hcg n is <1.2 which doc say mostly likely is bfn. I ask for additional support bt she say my utro insert is the max support KKIVF have given me.
Really feel so disappointed of myself, duno issi I walk too much these few days or what.

Initially I'm having one tiny brown dot on my pantyliner, could it be my embby? Aft 30mins, more than a 50 cents coin red blood stain. Nw though my af is not tat heavy bt my dischage r pinky, mayb it on the way le.

Adeline,
so sorry to hear is most likely bfn. dun blame yrself that u walk too much, is all fated one, just not meant to be for u this time.
the brown dot is definitely not yr embby, u can't see yr embby with the naked eye so u won't know also when the embbies discharge from yr body.
dun think so much, just focus on building up yr body and try again when u're ready.

<<hugzz>>

Hi Adeline:

I am also bleeding. Started this afternoon. It's not light pink nor dark brown blood. More like regular AF kind. It's Day 10 after ET for me.
I have the sinking feeling that this IVF cycle has failed.
I want to think that it's implantation bleeding but I doubt it is.
I hope yours is.
All the best to you.

Thank grumpus I will let my body rest for 3 mths b4 FET.

Twinkle- I tok I was having implantation at this stage until I got my hcg report my heart sank. Just bad luck for me. Hopefully urs is ok coz it only D10 for u. Af seems early ler rite.

Adeline:
I'm sorry about the likely bfn. I know that sinking feeling... That heartache I can still remember clearly. But it's true I believe it's all fated, not your fault at all. I'm sure you've done your very best. Just don't give up.

Twinkle:
I agree, D10 to start af seems too early leh, could it be implantation bleeding?? Did u seek help?

Adeline:
I think it depends. Cos implantation time is when additional hcg jabs may b given for additional support so hcg test may show false positive.

My bt was on D16 and the reading was 13.4, was told that this reading means there was definitely implantation. Repeat bt done 4 days later showed 1. something so embbies were definitely discharged by then. They are microscopic &amp; cannot be seen by naked eye.

<font color="aa00aa">so another week. What have you planned this week? Try to stay positive la, easier said than done I know
happy.gif
</font>

i guess im juz gonna read books....laze around...nothing much....trying not to think too much on the negative but its hard...im supposed to go bck today to get my 2nd proluton injection...

<font color="aa00aa">ladyluck, maybe u can start journaling or something. At least u have 1 activity today that ought to take care of today's schedule!</font>

probably i will do some work or go bck to my parents place n spend some time with my doggie....she helps to divert my attention elsewhile other than the BT result next wk...

<font color="aa00aa">ladyluck, ah, you can work from home, not too bad la. At least will not get like 500 emails when you go back for work afer 2 weeks.</font>

Pink D, I was so glad to read your post on your dh's spermies cos even though his condition is unfavourable, you still BFP!!!
My case is the same lo, u name it, he has it. Guess ICSI really does the trick. That is a load off my mind. But I m still worried that the fever will harm his spermies. Hopefully by delaying one mth will have enough time to build up his spermies.

We still have about 2 months to go. He must really take good care of himself for the next 2 months.

By the way, his fever has subsided this morning
happy.gif

iloveshoes, now I start to think whether his spermies will be affected leh. Hopefully the next 2 months is enough to bukild some good spermies nearing ER.

Ladies,
After u've collected yr lucrin fr KK pharmacy, the nurse will teach u how to inject rt? Does she use a dummy one to teach or use the real one &amp; straight away inject yrself on the spot thr?

Blissful: she will use a dummy to show u 1st..that will be the teaching part..then the real one will be injected there as well...The nurse will teach u..no worries..I went tru mine with lots of encouragement from the Nurse...hehehe

sesame oil: U r welcome. Sperms will def be affected by stress and illness but they replenish themsekves quite fast i heard.
My doc advised hubby to take Anti-oxidants like Vit E...it helps improves quite a bit
happy.gif

Watch his diet these 2 months as well. It will certainly help to some degree.

Adeline: Pls take care. Build yr body up for FET later? pls dun be too sad ok?

Twinkle-belle: Pls call KK soon coz d10 does sound early for AF. Hang in there *hugs*

PinkD, my dh has been on Vit E and C since Jan this year. After a few mths intake, I hope the fever will not drain all efforts overnite. Sounds silly I noe...ha3, but I cannot help but worry.

I hope he will really wake up his senses after I knock some on him yesterday.

This morning tell me he will go for more soupy stuff in future. I will listen first cos its difficult for him to change since he like to eat fried stuff! But I m glad that he din touch cold drinks for v long already.

Blissful,
They will practise on a dummy first. I collected my lucrin on Sat and injection suppose to be tml. So I don't get to practice on the spot, only via dummy.

Nadia, Tzac,
Tks for the info!
happy.gif

The reason y i asked coz I will be bz at work whole day on 15 Jul (collection of lucrin), so I wan to call KKIVF to ask if I can come down 1 day earlier to collect. Then I self inject the next day.

sesame - that means u will keep yr lucrin in yr fridge till nxt ivf cycle starts in sep ?

blissful - think u better call to ask cos they count the exact 21days after yr AF start date.

JJ, yes the lucrin is sitting in my fridge now. Luckily its not opened yet. Just called KKIVF abt my situation and they say no plm, call them again once my AF reports this month on the 1st day and they will re-arrange my scanning date and 1st day of injection. Hey, they are very friendly
happy.gif

Blissful, no plm! Just tell them you are not able to make it on the actual day so wld like to arrange for advance collection. They allows. But rmb to call in advance. Good luck!!!
happy.gif

pinkd: called kkivf today to double check. its confirmed bfn. now my hubby just told me when they want to insert the embies in me, they say my embies is not good. its like saying i will not get pregnant. do you know what cause embies to be not good?

Back