IVF/ICSI Support Group

Lubna: Sorry for the sad news. Hugs.
I might not have the best answer.
But i found this on this page, http://www.advancedfertility.com/embryoquality.htm which is rather useful and you might want to take a look.

Generally, embryo quality, to a great extent, is determined by the quality of the egg from which it started. Tests of ovarian reserve, such as the day 3 FSH hormone assessment, and antral follicle counts can give us useful information about egg quantity, but are not useful in predicting egg quality.

If we could improve the quality of the eggs that we start with in IVF, we would have a better chance of having a successful outcome. However, for the most part egg quality is predetermined and "we get what she gives".

Most of the egg quality is determined by the chromosomal and genetic competence of the individual egg. There is no treatment that can fix chromosomal or genetic defects - so we do our best with the eggs that we retrieve.

Also note:
Embryo quality as we see it under the microscope in the IVF lab gives us some reasonable ability to predict the chances for pregnancy after the embryo transfer procedure. However, because there are many other contributing factors involved that we can not see or measure, the generalizations about "quality" made from grading embryos are often inaccurate.

We see some cycles fail after transferring 3 perfect looking embryos, and we also see beautiful babies born after transferring only one "low grade" embryo. The true genetic potential of the embryo to continue normal development is impossible to measure accurately with current technology. Hopefully, future advances will give us better insight.

I hope tihs helps.
Perhaps a consultation with yr doc would be more insightful than this general literature?

lubna: so long as u dun give up>> ur determination will touch Alah...perhaps it's just the timing... maybe u can try going tcm & accupunture with ur hubby... just a suggestion... pls.dun be dwell too long... cry if you want to... sorry i also dunno how to comfort u with words..but i hope u'll stay strong and move on to see how u can improve the next cycle... All the best!

Lubna,
from what i gathered from the internet, taking royal jelly improves the egg quality. perhaps you wanna give it a try? Many of the ladies are also taking it. How the eggs going to perform in us, we can't help much. But at least we can try to produce better eggs so that chances are higher. Also protein increases egg quantity

Hope this helps.

sun: No la...I dunno!! Too early to tell yet... haha
happy.gif

Lubna: I read that Vitamin E, folic acid, Vitamin B12, Zinc and Royal jelly help.
Personally, I started on CoQ10, Omega Fish oil, folic acid and Vit C when I embarked on this IVF.
Some also said accupuncture helps to complement the programme.
happy.gif

Hope this helps!

Think due to this kkivf is considering making the ovarian researve (or AMH) testing 1 of the complusory test to be taken before ivf can proceed (like the hiv test)

Then i ask the nurse .. if result for the AMH is not good how ? she said .. not good also can't do anything cos each woman is born with that certain amt of ovarian reserve. No full details given out yet..

My i noticed for my 22 Jul BT there is an additional BT form under AMH ... that means i need to take out alot of blood that day ... sigh

pink-d: may i knw where did you buy your CoQ10 and royal jelly? me considering taking tat too. trying all ways n means to prepare for the next cycle n hopefully will graduate :)

Hi lubna, sorry to hear this but we all here can feel for u. I was devasted too when i had bfn last wednesday. Though i am still afraid of gg to the nxt try, i told myself to build up my health so that our eggs quality will be gd. I have learn from the sistas here and i hve been taking supplements. My hb n i will oso go for acupuncture and i bot multi vit for him. I hope u dun give up. Have faith. I believe we will all succeed.

tzac: I used to get my COQ10 from Watson's. I ate Blackmore 50mg but would consume 3 capsules.
Now I buy from CARE as theirs is 150mg.
CARE recommended 150 mg.

I did not take any royal jelly though
happy.gif

But other things i consume are Manuka Honey and Chicken essence
happy.gif

tzac: I used to get my COQ10 from Watson's. I ate Blackmore 50mg but would consume 3 capsules.
CARE recommended 150 mg.

happy.gif

But other things i consume are Manuka Honey and Chicken essence
happy.gif

Yes U will BFP soon!!

Ladies, for those BFP, can i check what supplement are u taking from wk 4 to wk 10? My gyane said folic acid is enuff. Can i still take fish oil and my coq10? I still got some left. Thks

tzac: i think the essential vits for our ivf journey would be : vit c/folic acid/COQ10 (for circulatory system)/fish oil (omega 3 or any other fish oil) personally i din take royal jelly but many ladies here do take it...
happy.gif

protein diet is crucial i believe.

pink d: later sms u cos i left my phone in my car last nite...
happy.gif

tzac: i boughtmine from nature farm... only 100mg per pill max...

lunba: my hubby on centrum silver, vit e and vit c... told by our previous gynae to eat them... he also go fr accasional accupunture...

nm: It's supposed to be every Wed and Sat but ccoz Angela would only be bk on Thurs and since she wanna scan me, I told Ning i wanna do BT on same day. Otherwise but travel to town again...

nm: It's supposed to be every Wed and Sat but ccoz Angela would only be bk on Thurs and since she wanna scan me, I told Ning i wanna do BT on same day. Otherwise muz travel to town again...

pink-d: may i knw where did you buy your CoQ10 and royal jelly? me considering taking tat too. trying all ways n means to prepare for the next cycle n hopefully will graduate :)

Morning ladies,

Would like to check do anyone having difficulties in injecting (Lurin) herself, when AF came?

I experienced that... very painful... after the jabs, i found redness... but it had subsided when i woke up this morning...

lubna- hws ur flow? Issi the same as ur normal AF? coz mine aft yest bleeding, I dun hav it over the night till nw is brown spotting. But I duno wat does it mean. Call KKIVF n they juz ask mi to continue wif my insert till fri BT unless AF bcome heavy.

Seaview: Mine is k ..no problem..having AF rite now...maybe u wan to put some ice to numb the area before injecting..I tried that it works..

CARE recommended 150 mg.

But other things i consume are Manuka Honey, Omega fish oil and Chicken essence

tzac: i got the one from GNC...cant remember what the dosage is..
happy.gif

cos i dont eat much fish..so fish oil is a supp for me...since i was a kid

pinkd: now taking folic acid and fish oil capsule. thot of buying conceive well from blackmoores or shld i try taking herbs fro the acupuncture?

adeline: mine still brown. but as i did the early bt, she said negative.

my hubby scared to take supplements so i hope acupuncture helps him.

pinkd
hows ur sleep lately?
Still bloated?
Lately, must be my pms, been feeling tired, and having insomia. Was window shopping supplements, and realise they dun come cheap. Bought my royal jelly with honey frm gnc. So daily will take a teaspoon of it in the money. Wanted capsules bt when the lady told hb that liquid form easier absorbed my body, he told me dun get capsules.
Do you have any idea if capsules takes longer time to be absorbed?

Ladies,
can anyone advise if taking sheep placenta when preg, is it okie? My gf is taking it and collagen drink.

ineedmiracle: when there is the capsule..the capsule needs to break down first before the contents of the capsule is absorbed into the body...its like time release.....

Lubna: i did not take additional herbs as I was afraif herbs might interfere with the drugs we are taking. So i keep supplements to a minimum...take those only recommendedby CARE.

Miracle: U teaching right? How come got time to post? So cool!!
happy.gif

I am bloated, thats why i look 3 mths preg lor... sleep is better but wuld wake up every am with giddy...there would be abt 2 hrs where i would toss and turn in bed every night...haha...weird me...

hmmm not sure if capsules take longer time to be absorbed but guess liquid form shd be faster to be absorbed, theoretically?

nm
can we continue with collagen? Cos on off im taking meiji/fancl collagen. Hee...

Ladies using sk2
which prdt of sk2 cannt use if preg? But oke to use when going thru ivf?

Lubna: If u r gg to Dr Zou..u can take her herbs..but once u embark on IVF again, it's really up to you whether to take the herbs or not..Dr in KKIVF normally advise us not to take..but I know some Sistas here did take during IVF cycle..I opt not to take cos my body is very hot due to Lucrin effect..Hope this will help..

lubna: dont overtake supplements....sometimes less is more....

like i was telling someone just now ..i only take: vit c/folic acid/COQ10/fish oil.

thats all...maintain a healthy diet....i dont do accu or take herbs...anything too stressful for me i dont do actually....

pinkd
we have free periods, and break time mah.
Now im marking and posting using my mobile phone. Heee
trying to relac so tat my af comes. Veri sian. Cd35 le and yet to come. So worried of af keep coming late, my ivf will oso commence late... Wan start in sept!! Haiz...

nm
haha i duno. I wan to knw is there any prdts of sk2 tat cant use? Hopefully all can use, else what to apply on face??

Pinkd
mega vitamins meaning???

ineedmiracle: oic...it is not good to take too many supp, cos we may not need it and once our body is reliant on these supp, it will not be able to absorb from the food we eat.

it is still better to eat a healthy diet and supplement our diet with what our body cant absorb from food

miracle: I think she means all the vitamins we have been eating. Actually i was on prenatal vitamins and Angela advocates obtaining from green leafy veg and colourful fruits.
I hate popping pills so really, less is more.
Healthy diet is still the best
happy.gif

ineedmiracle: me share the same thinking with nm... I do took supplement but i only took B Complex with vit C every alternate days...

B Complex contains from Vit B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Vit C, Folic Acid, Biotin, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Para Amino Benzoic Acid, Dl-Methionine, Zinc Picolinate, Selenium and Chromium.

However, i dont know whether it is useful for my IVF process.. I took this supplements mainly it contains of Vit C, Folic Acid, and Vit Bs..

Back