IVF/ICSI Support Group

lubna after my fresh, i went for accu with dr zou at AMK, did twice a week with her for 1 mth, then once a week and before ET daily for 1 week.
Hmmm i still think try get the value for the bt u took yesterday, at least u know what is it, rather than guessing. Or if u call kkivf, ask them coz the bt shld be in ur file

Lubna: sorry if I sound like im stressing you... hmm there would be Hcg figures on d13...
Call and check okies?
In the meantime dun stress.
The TCM many girls go to is Dr Zou right?

Lubna: Just saw ur post...sorry to hear..maybe U can follow wat Gan suggested to check on the no. of HCG...Do take care and Be Strong..Dun give up yet...

Sistas: Can I check something..it may sound silly..but really need to ask..my AF is here..my BT & Scan is on 14/7..the scan is it a V-scan? If so, can they do V-scan if my AF is still here..cos my AF normally last for 7 days..Thanks

lubna i think i had that to when i was spotting/bleeding and went kk 24hrs, they checking if there is bleeding inside

Lubna: Me stay Tampines too dear..Yup it's far to go to Dr Zou...But I gg to her cos I trust her and since she's well verse in IVF...I dun mind the travelling...and also even though we can't communicate well in English ..at least she knew the stages we r gg tru well..and advise us accordingly..She can try gg to her...

Su Yana: Hi..ohh..it's a V-scan..argh..gross...like wat u said..I guess have to bear with it...thanks anyway...how r u doing? enjoy ur weekend ya...

Lubna: opps you can try to go to her..Her accu charges is $25 for 40mins....but with meds..it can add to another additional 40+ i tink abt 1 week supply..can't remember the exact amt though cos nvr take her herbs for quite sometime..

lubna dr zou only at AMK, accu is $25, reasonable as she accu back and front, each time 20 min. For med, i think each day around $8, in powder form. Never try raffles...maybe can check with tokkie or tzac, think they go raffles tcm

Lubna,
it seems for yr case, yr hubby has very poor sperm quality? maybe u want to consider asking him to take some supplements or even go for accu with u.

gan/nadia: can give me dr zou address and contact number? he open in weekeneds?

in teh meantime, i will call kkivf tomorrow.

Grumpus: Thanks...ya hope so no more heavy flow...today flow is still not as heavy as per normal..shall c tomolo..Thanks dear..

Dr Zou Yumin
Blk 505 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8
#01-2670
Singapore 560505
Tel: 64560833

They r close on every Wednesday...weekends open...but i tink till 3pm is it? Can't recall that...U can try to call and book ur appt...If u call during weekdays before 6pm u can talk to Cindy...her staff who can converse in English well..

lubna tel is 64560833, her address i dun have now aa in my laptop but it's the hdb oppo nanyang poly. She is open everyday except wed

grumpus: my hubby scared of pills and thats why i dont know what else to do with him. bought him a lot of supplement but he will lie eating them. to make things worst, he got diabetes now and thats why i bringing him to do the acupuncture with me.

tokkie: is raffles gd? ex? open weekend? i dont intend to do ivf anymore. thot of seeking their treatment to conceive.

Nadia, I'm getting on better now. Had mymassage with the auntie. She now knows thati got from you. :)
still have not decide what iwant to do next.
Whenis your expected ER?

Su Yana: oh...I had my last massage last week too with her..Hmm I haven't got the exact date yet..but I alreadi estimated my ER to be by 26th this mth...So if timing goes well...I will know my result during the 2nd day of Ramadhan...;-)

Gan - Thanks for the reply. I noticed u were posting at 3am !!! Then nxt post is 9am !! U didn;t sleep ? of watch WC ?

Nadia - Nurse Sara told me if v.scan managed to meet AF then still need to proceed to do .. she also said .. it won't be a pretty picture.

My boobs are feeling tender .. that means my af coming too ...

Are u maintaining the food schedule for lucrin stage ?? (i.e. egg white & chicken essesence)

jj i woke up 3am plus to pee and wake my hubby up for worldcup....have to be up early today coz our part time helper here to clean our place.

i think i going to sound silly. Our AF will still come visit during lucrin and puregon jabs ah?

JJ
hows ur lucrin jab so far? Starting on puregon soon?

miracle - yup .. AF suppose to come. if yr cycle accurant then should come around the same timing as the last mth.

now only like 5th day of lurcin .. at least another 1.5weeks of lucrin jab b4 puregon ... also need to base on baseline BT to see if can progress onto puregon stage

Ineedmiracle, it's more for blood circulation. Warming the womb, i'm not too sure on that. I guess it works similar like Accupuncture, blood circulation.

ineedmiracle,
AF will come once during lucrin. once yr hormones r suppressed and u move on to puregon, no more AF.

JJ, grumpus
thanks. My af doesnt report punctually. Hee...i be so happy if no af for sometime.
happy.gif

suyana
thanks. Got the number of the massage lady from nadia just now. The massage good? Will probably give it a try. Hopefully can be like pinkD, no need go for accupuncture and bfp!!!!

Hi all ladies,

Need your advice here...

I m new here...I m due to hv my 1st injection tis coming Tue wif KKIVF. Unfortunately dh is down wif fever yesterday and vomitted. He had running nose 2 weeks ago and I suspect due to insufficient sleep cos of World Cup, he is taking unusually long to recover. We thought he has recovered few days ago. Unfortunately, he is sick again yesterday.

I hv brought him to GP and GP says he might hv H1N1 and suggest us to delay our cycle for 1 more mth. Haiz...

Now I m monitoring his condition. Dr Zou says if his fever fluctuates, i need to send him to hospital. Dr ZOu also propose to delay for a mth as its a case of male infertility.

I hv dropped a mail to Dr Loh last nite, bt unfortunately, he has not replied yet.

If u gals are in my situation, will u still proceed? I m actually prepared for the injection tis coming cycle, now seeing tt there is a possibility of delay, I really feel down...

Can you girls gimme some advice?

Thank you!

lubna/Pink: did kkh do a blood test? or they just say based on yr personal observatioN?

pls insist on early bt to make sure..dont give up yet...like what the other ladies say ....we dont know what the situation is ....pls ask for early bt ok..
happy.gif

Sesame,

why not wait till he's fully recovered? U want to maximize yr chance in IVF so it's better to wait till both of u are ready.

sesame oil,
if yr hb is only mild flu then prob u can still proceed since ER will only be in another 3-4 wks time. but he does sound quite sick and seems like dunno when he will recover. so i would advise u to delay as well particularly since in yr case is known to be male factor infertility.

while it's disappointing to hv to delay esp aft u hv psyched yrself up already for all the injections and stuff but i think is better to do a proper cycle than to push ahead and then hv higher risk of a failed cycle and even more disappointment

that's my opinion lah....

singapoh,
Tt is wat I tort too...bt we are actually going to start using May AF, bt due to family unforseen cicumstances, we push it to June AF...Then got to push it to Jul AF..haiz...And I actually collected my lucrin yesterday...now wonders whether KKIVF ok wif our delay or not?

grumpus,
Thanks, I noe...though tis is my 1st Fresh cycle, bt I hv been a silent reader all this while...and I hv gotten alot of valuable advices from this thread and I m grateful to all of u...

Dr Zou also says if it is jus a mild flu, its ok, bt a fever is a no-no since its a male factor infertility...

Now I m so worried tt it is a H1N1 case and I might get it from him later on...Dr Zou says if it is a H1N1 case, we hv to stop everything till 6 mths later. Tis happens to one of her patients.

Do u think delaying one month later is enough if lets say he recovers by next week?

I am so mad ytd that I scolded him badly. I know I shd not hv done that but I cannot control my emotions. 2 weeks ago when he is down with flu, I oredi ask him to sleep earlier and not to wake up in the middle of the night to watch World Cup. Now this has to happen in the most critical period. I m v disappointed and sad. Feels that I m the only one whom is more concerned towards the upcoming cycle while he is "bo chup" about it. sigh!

sorry for letting out here! I need to vent out my frustrations.

JJ: My AF is abit fierce today...started ard noon just now with cramps..argh...Me not taking chicken essence..1 egg white..protein shake 1x a day, spirulina & royal jelly in the am before food, COQ10, Vit C and Prenatal Pills..that's my daily consumption...Wanted to take chicken essence...but dun know can stand the smell or not..I am also taking the wolfberry, longan and red dates..alternate days..gonna boil barley too to keep my heat low..

Sometimes I tink I am taking too much popping...hehehe...well it's k..working hard towards something fruitful...

Just hoping AF will subside before Wednesday scan...when is ur scan?

Lubna: like wat tokkie said, it's general fertility accu tat they will do. Oni when u do Ivf, then the accu is called ivf booster. My 1st time with them last wk, will b going again next tue. I paid 470 4 5 sessions accu n 1st consult. Discount 4 ion n safra member. Can't remember wats the other card.

lubna: pls do call kkivf to check the hcg level... i saw this info on this website and tot it might be helpful:

http://www.ivf-treatment.com/faq.htm

What does it mean if I have slight bleeding during the 14 days after embryo transfer?
Bleeding may be due to implantation of the embryo or detachment of the embryo or early menses. It is preferred that you do the urine test for pregnancy at the designated time (usually sixteen days after embryo transfer) in order to clarify the reason for the bleeding.

Please stay strong cos not all is lost before ur actual BT! Take care...

sesame,
can understand your disappointment. but guys dun see ivf the way we do.they don't take care much of the quality of their spermie, and they don't understand that ivf needs both our contribution.

Anyway, medication that your hb is taking might affect the quality of his sperms. If this is going to affect your ivf results, i'm sure the disappointment you get later on, will be worse than now.

Just my opinion.

ineedmiracle,

Thanks! Yes, I guess there is nothing I can do now except to take it positively.
Are u with KKIVF? Hv u embark on the cycle already? Sorry, there are too much ladies here and I did not track the stages of individual ladies.
I m disappointed too cos both dh and me are no longer young lo! The clock is ticking away but yet he is taking things for granted.

sesame,
i totally agree with ineedmiracle. guys dun see it the same way, esp for their beloved soccer they can do silly things. my hb is the same and when i complain he will tell me only once in 4 yrs. for soccer he can give up sleep but when ask him to wake up early to do other things his face will be black.

Nadia - my scheduled BT is on 22 Jul (thurs)... still long way away..

me will eat folic acid, bee pollen, royal jelly in morn b4 going work. then at night daily egg white n 3 times a week chicken essense. alt day red dates drink. so busy

I would like to ask you gals, do u intend to tel your superior/boss that you are going for IVF? Given my working environment and gossipers around, I don't intend to do so, but I also do not wish to lie that I am going for woman operation cos I m a "pantang" person. And to make things worse, there is no married woman in my dept and my boss is also not married yet. Therefore they will never understand our situation.

What other reasons can I give?

Someone posted earlier on (I forgotten who) that perhaps can tel our boss that we are pregnant, but will anyone suspect or calculate our pregnancy weeks if we really BFP?

I think that this is not a bad idea, except before that might have to act "tired" during stim stage? And if BFN can say we m/c cos technically we are consider preggie?

What do you gals think?

grumpus,
Totally agree! To them soccer is so important so as to forgo their sleep and worst now to delay my cycle!!!!!! I do not know hw he weigh the importance only till things happen then he start to regret. Haiz, but it is too late already.

Back