IVF/ICSI Support Group

mel...u r really v brave...we all shall stay positive and soon the baby spell will fall on us
happy.gif

karen thanks, we already have a part time helper, that's why hubby asked if i want a full time help.

Today thread is moving very fast!!

pink-destiny, the pm's will be sent to the email you've stated when registering with spore motherhood forum...

Hi Lychee,

hey, u r also with dr Cheng... ;)
Why did you wait till jul/aug for your FET since you already did ur ER ? I am starting mine in august.
Am excited yet worried since it's my first time.

All, seems that quite s couple of you gals are with CARE...

balroggal, i had spotting for 1 day after er, cld be ur cervix more sensitive. Give kkivf a call and let the nurse know, and see if ok.
Cramping after er is normal, especially if u have alot of follicles retrieved

isit that KKH won update us on e status whether hw many r fertilised today if i do er ytd? i hope faster will know, cant wait till tml...nek long long...

gan,
i check with them le bt they say as long as the bleeding doesn soak the pad, is still ok..n it will normally last for not more than 48hrs..
duno what the blood test tml is for.does it mean that if tml my hormone still high i cant do ET? my mind got so many ? lo..

*waves to Hoping, Karen, Lychee, Mel, Daylesford, Pink, nm
happy.gif

nm, all the best to your ER tom. rem to drink ur horlick slowly after the op.

oh, so dr Philip is dr Paul's bro... i think he's very skilful, no pain at all! I still rem during my ER, when he start the drip,he said " Go to sleep, go to sleep!" hehee

btw, this morning, my crinone discharge is pinkish. i wonder if it's a good sign?

baloggal kkivf does not update how many fertilised, coz too many patients leh, u will know during et tomorrow, they will inform u the numbers and also the grade of embbies transferred. Blood test is to check if u have ohss, u have more than 15 eggs right? But if u didn't had bad bloating and vommitting shld be ok, can proceed with et. Drink more water and take the med the doc prescribe u. I also took the bt but becoz i had no symptoms of ohss, i proceed with et as scheduled. Good luck!

Balroggal, Gd luck to yr ET... may i know who do ER for u?

JJ, I'll be getting excited & nervous too when my AF arrives this month for the IVF.

hi all.

may i know what is CARE? Saw it popping up in the thread so many times
happy.gif

my hubby and i are considering ivf for our #2 as he is recently diagnosed with varicocele resulting in low count and low morphology
sad.gif

we are with Dr Sheila loh from raffles hospital but i understand that with private hospitals, we would have to pay more. does that mean that we won't enjoy the $6k, $5k, $4k grant? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

ya i hv 30 eggs..i got bloatness bt no vomitting..i drink alot alot of water n go toilet super pain,like urine infection feeling bt the discomfort is x10...btw, did u pay for the medicine that they prescribe u? coz ytd the pharmacist take $ fr me i tell her i din bring enough cash n i din bring atm card..she say they din chop cn use medisave..in the end she say ok, they will put up tht this medicine will use medisave..coz all along i thot only blood test and insurance + lucrin use cash, rest r all medisave..

Hi Lee Oh, CARE is Centre for Assisted Reproduction at Paragon Shopping.
CARE is private as well and you can use your medisave of 6k (first time), 5k (2nd time) and 4k (3rd time)

balrrogal...i can't remembered if i paid cash or use medisave coz i did fresh last dec, only remembered the med was very ex, $100 plus for 8 pills.

Hi ladies,
Would somebody who are wif CARE, give me the contact no. & address? for those who are with CARE, do we need to make an appt wif them lst if we'r keen in doing ivf? which doctor we should see, as this is my lst time, not veri sure who should we see, we would want to have a good doctor thru'out the whole process of ivf.

Thanks for your info in advance.

Hi ladies,
Would somebody who are wif CARE, give me the contact no. & address? for those who are with CARE, do we need to make an appt wif them lst if we'r keen in doing ivf? which doctor we should see, as this is my lst time, not veri sure who should we see, we would want to have a good doctor thru'out the whole process of ivf.

Thanks for your info in advance.

"WAVE"...to poppy
happy.gif
take care, pls call Angela to check.. though i dunno her...

abt the medisave...my next viist i'll check and let u gals know more... cos i also pay cash for lucin and the needles...i'll be going to kkivf on 7th June2010 for E2 blood test and scan if i can go for 2nd jab together..tat's wat i was briefed earlier..

Hi Gals,

For those who are or were with CARE, can you advise on the average how much the cost of doing IVF with CARE?

as well as how much can be covered under medisave and how much we have to pay by cash?

Thanks Karen. Good luck to those doing ER & in 2ww. This board is running super fast & fill with numerous BFPs.
A few questions here:
1) 2 start with ivf, wat are the Do's & Donts that I have to take into consideration? or Do I need to take some supplements to complement my health in order to yield good results wif IVF?
2) Should I start taking TCM+Accu. together & concurrently whilst doing IVF?
3) how many rounds of IVF can I do if the lst attempt fail?
4) wat is IVF-ICSI?
5) the total cost of IVF in CARE?how long the whole process takes?
6) Wat I need to bring on my lst appt with CARE? Do I & hubby need to go thru a couple of tests before starts IVF?

Sorri for asking so many questions, but since i m new here; I wld like to know more & hv a better idea of wat IVF entails with & wat kind preparations we need to hv b4 & after several stages?

Many many thanks in advance ladies.

hi snowy:

1) i did go for tcm to "tiao" my body before ivf, eat a balanced diet, lighter meals, not much deepfried and spicy food, i was told here when i started ivf, which is till now.. i'm drinking chicken essence, eating 2 egg whites, 3-4 brazil nuts, ginger with red dates, wolf berries, and brown sugar daily...

2) i was advised by kkivf not to eat bai feng wan before the blood test cos they say might affect the hormone levels...

3) not sure.. i heard got pp do more than 3 cycles...

4) ivf-icsi = shld be selecting a more "powerful" sperm for fertilisation..

5) not sure.. sorri u got to ask the CARE ladies here..

6) not sure either.. but i saw one post mentioning that she brought all the scan or health reports you hv done for urself and hubby... think u also need to do some blood test and ultra sound scan before ivf... tat's wat i did at kkivf...

lychee, karen, pink, hoping - no lah.. not brave.. at that point of time.. i was devastated.. all the 'why me's keep veberating in my head.. as you know lah.. i go office also cry, sit and type also cry.. at home, can wake up in the middle of the night to cry.. haiz.. i think all of us know how it is like lor.. but anyway, time will lessen all hurt and pain.. now is the time to look forward...
happy.gif
babies in our arms soon..
happy.gif

daylesford - move to CARE lah.. yahahhahaha...

poppy - hihi.. oh, you are in 2ww??
happy.gif
good luck.. lotsa rest.. pink discharge is okie.. how pink is pink? if light light pink, not too bad.. i used to 'clear' out myself every other day.. the leftover stuff inside make me itchy..

snowybabe - hmm, i know of a few docs that are at CARE.. for myself, i was already with Dr PT before going thru IVF, thus, most of my checks are at his TLC clinic.. i think one of the doc is Dr Eunice Chua.. i rememebr a friend who did IVF with her at CARE...

hi dec:

panda paid about 25k to 30k for her current ivf cycle at CARE... she is now carrying triplets.... :0)

tat's all i know...

snowy - ivf-icsi is when the embryologist selects a good sperm with a good head and inject it into the egg.. and thus, it is considered confirm fertilisation..

ladies..cost of ivf at care depends on ur age..health conditions n how ur body response to the drugs.... there r 2 other sisters who spent 17k each. medisave deductible is the same as govt hosp..bt no co funding or govt grant.

for more details its best to make an appt to meet angela for a discussion.

hi Mel.. though time lessen a lot of pain.. i must still "kambatei" to you ;)

btw, mel, can u remember roughly how much u paid for ivf at CARE.... tku...

just to clarify..i spent abt 20k on the cycle...the additional r the after bfp checks n jabs twice a week and medication..

karen - i paid 20K...

gals - i had 17 eggs retrieved last cycle, got 11 fertilised, and i used 3, froze 6.. i just called CARE, they thawed 3, some died, so, now, thawed all.. think abt 2 looks okie, 1 mabbe okie.. the rest cannot make it.. feeling abit sad for losing the dead embies...
sad.gif

hey mel, are you al pregnant from IVF at CARE?

I really must learn from you, your determination and tenacity. I cried quite easily over this infertility issue too. Yup it's time to buck up and move on!
happy.gif

hi all

do you think it is a good idea to go for a short trip after ET? I will be ET for FET soon and thinking of going for a weekend trip.

mel..i oso hv 6 frozen...angela ask me to go bk for fet when the 3 kiddos r 4=5 yrs old..hehe..

dun b sad...all is fated one....

tzac,

Most clinic doesnt advise to travel after ET. In case you might catch a bug overseas or wat. Will you be going towards d end of 2WW? Isit a shopping trip or a relax one? Prob check w your clinic 1st b4 booking.

Anyway I did went for a short trip to Bintan towards d end of 2WW but it is a rest n relax trip and not alot of walking is done.

pink - oh.. i did my fresh cycle in Sep 08.. succeeded and graduated with twin boys in May 09.. heh.. now, going for FET.. apparently the mummy hormones are still very in me.. am running off to get preggy before the glow of motherhood fades, and the reality sets in.. haha.. i undertsnad abt the crying too..
happy.gif
dun worry.. babies in your arms soon!! trust me!!

tzac - heh.. i'm going HK during my 2ww.. not that i am endorsing the flying, but.. up to you.. if you think you can take it.. by all means.. if you choose to play safe.. no problem too..

pandawife - haha.. after you give birth, you can decide whether you want more.. how far along are you?

hmmm.. all embies are my babies.. bye angel embies..

hi.

many thanks for clarifying on the cost for ivf. it has been very useful!

May i know why most of you ladies are with private despite the cost? is the success rate higher? i have already done some SA tests and HSG with raffles, if i go to kkh now, does that mean i have to redo the tests? Can the results be re-used?

wah mel! you have twins and you are still considering trying again? take my hat off!

mel I say u are my inspiration! was it ur first cycle with CARE?
I hope and pray too...coz it can really be financially, physically and mentally daunting!
May you be richly blessed with great health and glow!!
happy.gif

mel..only 7.5 weeks... long way to go...still adjusting to the 3 darlings..they like to play puking games w me...

mel..jiayou... all hope is not lost solong there's still surviving ones! best of luck to ur FET...

Panda... tks for the clarifications... u mean ur bill abt 20k - 6k medisave = 14k cash?

blissful2010 - hi, I think you are the same as me right ??
When would yr AF be scheduled to arrive ??
Meantime I also doing acupunture n TCM herbs ... my AF usually quite accurate so should come 11 june ... then + 21 days & can start the injects

Gan: lucky u got part time helper... make her come more times a month then become full time liow... hee... no la... jus joking.. very kind of ur hubby 2...
happy.gif

hi faith chen: i with kkivf... my lucrin jab on 22nd May... 7th June going to the scan and blood test... so far no mean for me...
happy.gif

Back