1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

IVF/ICSI Support Group

Discussion in 'Matters Of The Heart' started by tomatoes, Aug 26, 2004.

1. hopehope

hopehope Member

Hi.. do you all know the unit for hcg level?

2. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

Is measure by mIU/mL

3. Dreamscometrue

Dreamscometrue Well-Known Member

Mr Google has the answer :)

4. hajar

hajar Well-Known Member

Iui i didnt use grant....oh okay...so got chance...wokay..

5. hajar

hajar Well-Known Member

Ah ic...wokay.noted.

6. grantmeawish

grantmeawish Member

I know ubiquinol helps with egg quality but do you all continue taking after the egg retrieval? How about Vitamin D? I’m currently taking folic acid only and was thinking what do I do with my remaining supplements.

7. hopehope

hopehope Member

30miu/ml at 15dp2dt.. I am so scared....

8. Dreamscometrue

I think there’s only one unit use for hcg.. there’s nothing much you can do at this point of time other than try your best to relax. As Long as the number continue to double and increase then it’s ok!

9. hopehope

hopehope Member

I comb through the whole forum and all with Low bets ended up with chemical or etopic...

10. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

Nothing much u can do except to do blood test every 48 hours to make sure it double.

11. Dreamscometrue

Let’s hope for the best!

12. MimosaMee

MimosaMee Member

Me! And I purposely ate pineapple to make it come.. Lol.

13. hopehope

hopehope Member

Hi... anyone managed to get bfp after chemical pregnancy?

Usually after how Long does ur menses come after CP?

For Low AMH, anyone had succeeded under dr Roland? I am thinking of dr Roland or dr suresh? But I think dr suresh waiting time and cost is more expensive than dr Roland?

If the cap of 15k under Medisave is not used up, can it be used for private hospital?

Thanks you.

14. Dreamscometrue

Hi, I’ve Low Amh for my age and I bfp under Roland. He doesn’t do fresh transfer. My first FET under him didn’t BFP, second FET BFP and my girl is now 4.5months old

If Medisave cap not used up it can be use for pte hospital

15. hopehope

hopehope Member

Hi, what is your amh level? How many eggs did you retrieved for each cycle? For my 1st cycle, I on max dosage 450 gonal f, 6 eggs retrieved only 1 fertilised, bfp. For 2nd cycle, Low dosage of 150 menopur with oral tablet, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilised, 2 put in but chemical pregnancy. Currently waiting for hcg to go to zero.

I just afraid that with Low number of eggs, I may not have any eggs for FET.

16. Dreamscometrue

I cannot remember my amh level.

So now you’re trying for second baby ah

17. hopehope

hopehope Member

Nope. I am still trying for the first. Dreamscometrue, do you remember your dosage (noted that you are under mild dosage) for your successful cycle with dr Roland, which year is it and about how much will it be? Cause I need to plan financially also..

So understand that Govt co fund is not applicable to private hospital. So given that I have done 2 fresh in government. If I go to private hospital for the 3rd cycle, if failed, when I go back to public hospital, can I still be eligible for the 3rd co fund? Any one done it before?

If I switch to dr Roland, do I have to go through their IvF counselling and blood tests again? That will cost another sum.

Thanks for answering.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  18. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

As for cofunding yes u are eligible for the 3rd co fund if u failed at private hospital and wanna go back to Govt hospital but bear in mind ur Medisave will get lesser and by 3rd co fund u will have to top up cash

19. Dreamscometrue

I can’t really remember the dosage.. initially started with clomid for few days, then follow by the jabs.. think is menupor of 150? Then increase to maybe around 225? Around there.. I really cannot rem the exact

The fresh cycle was done in year 2017

Yes unfortunately he will ask u to do all blood tests again.. and yes it cost quite a lot :(

IVF counselling also need to do.. but I think the amt will be waived off after u formally start with them

I think my fresh cycle was around 15k or 20k.. can’t recall.. FET estimate around 5k at least

20. Alishablond

Alishablond Active Member

Something like in that post, yea?
    I remember one girl here shared that she did 2 stim and one transfer with Dr Ronald at Virtus, it was 35k$. D785E739-23AE-4DEE-B01A-7B2B3CE12786.jpeg

21. Dreamscometrue

Yeah something like this.

I think you’re referring to hellokitty girl I think

22. hopehope

hopehope Member

Hi, can I check for your mild dosage, what is the dosage like and how much does it cost for 2 ER and one FET?

23. Honeypokey

Honeypokey Member

Hi, anyone taking or have taken immunocal powder?

I am thinking if its safe to take? I only read some information onon the website but have not seen anyone who said that it was recommended by their doctor.

Do you find that it helps with your cycle?

Thanks in advance

24. MichNg

MichNg Well-Known Member

Some ladies have taken it but the effect is unproven, of course.
    Basically it would help you to increase protein intake.

25. milogal88

milogal88 Well-Known Member

Previously when I was seeing Dr Sheila Vasoo, she was a little skeptical. Besides, I have immunity issues so I was actually on Prednisolone to lower the activity in my immune system to help in implantation. So it doens't make sense for me to consume immunocal to boost my immunity. So after my discussion with her, I stopped taking it to be on the safe side. Hence, I guess sometimes not all supplements are suitable for everyone. Best to know your own body condition first before consuming anything. My 10 cents worth.

26. Honeypokey

Honeypokey Member

Thanks ladies:)

27. havingfaithh

havingfaithh New Member

Hi ladies, I tested positive at 6dp5dt but my bt is not until 15dp5dt (9 more days to go), is it possible to go in for early bt? I’m with kkh.

28. MichNg

MichNg Well-Known Member

I think it’s still too early to be sure so kkivf may not entertain you unless you are spotting.

29. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

Just continue ur insert. It is still very early for bt. Kkh will not entertain unless spotting

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    hajar and klmm like this.
  30. havingfaithh

havingfaithh New Member

Thank you MichNg and Lady081980!

31. Worrisomegirl

Worrisomegirl Member

Anyone tested positive but keep spotting? Been spotting for 2 weeks n still spotting now, given 3 weeks HL to bedrest. If it’s you, will you go back to work cos u feel bad about missing work or just take the HL to rest? Cos not sure if the rest really helps as spotting continues .

32. keithsg

keithsg Member

Well, instead I have a question for you. IF you are given HL but u decided to go work instead, given your current situation ... Would you feel more worst if anything happened to you or your bb inside? Personally, I would have taken the doctor's advice to bed rest if he thinks this is necessary and good for me.

hajar, Worrisomegirl and Hopeful23 like this.
  33. Honeypokey

Honeypokey Member

May
    Maybe I will take week by week and see how I feel. Depends on your work requirement also. Whether need to stand? walk around etc..... If someone can cover my work. I would take the HL. If you feel bad, can always stay in bed and help out with email and stuff...? if thats applicable for yyou

hajar and Worrisomegirl like this.
  34. Worrisomegirl

Worrisomegirl Member

Yeah already taken 2 weeks but still spotting, so thinking also cannot keep taking mc until it stops. But yet worried to risk it, yeah maybe will explore working from home. Also duno is it normal to spot so Long or not. Is it ivf cases easier to spot?

35. MichNg

MichNg Well-Known Member

Friend of mine had spotting for more than a month. Non ivf baby.
    In the end she was checking emails and working from home.

Worrisomegirl likes this.
  36. Dreamscometrue

Not sure if IVF preg are common to spotting.. but if I were you, I will continue with the HL.. what if touch wood anything happen if you go back to work.. who else will you blame besides yourself? At the end of the day, ask yourself what is your priority now? I’m sure the little beanie inside you takes priority over anything.

I took HL for the entire first trimester even after the spotting stops at around week 9 or 10.. cos can not afford to risk it

37. Worrisomegirl

Worrisomegirl Member

Thanks for the advice.. sorry u also had spotting for few weeks? your colleagues and boss were ok with you out the entire trimester?

38. Dreamscometrue

I think I’ve spotting for 2-3 weeks

Boss and colleagues I don’t know man.. not ok also have to accept cos it’s really HL.. not faking it

To make things worse, I have other complications towards end of second trimester and hence on HL again till I delivered.. but work/ money can always find or earn back.. baby u can’t. So no regrets even after when I went back to work, a lot of people has over took me in terms of progression

39. Worrisomegirl

Worrisomegirl Member

Ah Glad it all went fine for u now.. so worrying this spotting thing, now fearful of going toilet to check the liner. Esp it has been so hard for us to even reach this stage.

40. daylesford

daylesford Well-Known Member

Worrisomegirl, Unfortunately Yes! I had seen a couple of my IVFers friends who had some degree of spotting/bleeding after BFP.
    2 probable reasons... most of us can't conceive naturally so there are already some inherent issues in us. Plus we are given progestrones/estrogens supports post ET and these supports make us more susceptible to spotting.

Both my 2 pregnancies were bugged with various spotting/bleeding episodes. 1st pregnancy, I thought all was good and I went back to work in Trim 2 after my spotting went away. Even hardly a week after I returned to work, I started bleeding (blood soaking pad wet within 20mins type)... I rested at home from that day onwards till I delivered and i bed-rested alot ! For my No2, I went off work and stayed home to nest my bb till I delivered too. Always tell my IVFer friends who also experienced spotting/bleeding that, we are only officially "out of the woods" when we deliver and hold our IVF bbs in our arms. Our bio-clock can't stall for us and our bb plan is of main priority..Job can always come later. So just do whatever that brings you comfort.

41. Almondearie

Almondearie Well-Known Member

I spotted on 4 to 5 separate occasions while carrying my firstborn. Then just recently had a month of bleeding daily. In my 13th week now. Was on HL. Nothing beats the safety of our children.

Dr Tan told me it seems quite common for patients of frozen medicated cycles to bleed.

Sorry I just started reading from the back. MIA a bit cos of my morning sickness.

hajar, towkayneo and Worrisomegirl like this.
  42. Dreamscometrue

Hello, just wondering how old was your no. 1 when u embark on the journey for your no.2? how you manage your no.1 during your tww and during your month of bleeding?

43. Worrisomegirl

Worrisomegirl Member

Thank you! This is my 2nd pregnancy, first one was natural & I didn’t spot that much. So that’s why so concerned about this. But I am Glad to hear about ur success stories, made me more at ease now. Can I ask are both your kids boys? Haha there is a saying that boys causing spotting more! My ivf doctor also said it’s common but not to be taken lightly. Wa n u can bedrest for so Long, so I am already gg crazy on 2nd week ..

44. Worrisomegirl

Worrisomegirl Member

Seems like it is really common for ivf ppl to spot/bleed during pregnancy! So did u mostly bedrest or minimise movement? Pls take care too, hope ur morning sickness goes off soon.. think the medication makes the morning sickness worse for me!

joy12 likes this.
  45. towkayneo

towkayneo Well-Known Member

Hey Dreams, ask me ask me! My #1 and #2 were about 1.5 year old when I embarked on my B-project.

During TWW, I tried not to carry them (but sometimes no choice, gotta lift them up) and I used the stroller instead of Tula..

Tough, but can be done.

hajar and MichNg like this.
  46. towkayneo

towkayneo Well-Known Member

Hey Day, are you gunning for #3?

47. Dreamscometrue

Did u have a maid? Or anyone to help u? I have other complications during second tri when resulted me needing bed rest till later part of the pregnancy.. if I ever am lucky enough to get preg again, I probably may need to go through the similar process again

So not sure how is it possible with no.1

48. daylesford

Worrisomegirl, Yes ! .. both my kidddos are boys! Well... bed-resting was strongly recommended by my IVF dr so I just fellow suite and I got more kiasu by resting throughout most of my pregnancy. I just have no guts to deal with any losses because of my ignorance & complacency.

49. daylesford

Towkayneo, Waves! .. how r u handling with your "boyband" ?
    No1 is draining off my energy with his schoolwork + no2 is a little terror too. OMG!
    So till now still got no guts to proceed with #3

50. daylesford

Almondearie, Wow! Time flies and u r in Trim 2 liaos. All good now and you know the gender of your little beanie ?