IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hello all, i am new to Singapore and hope to do IVF Treatment. I would like to go to private hospital, as I m at 40, time is important.

Can anyone suggest some good doctors?

Thanks so much!!
i would suggest Virtus Fertility Centre. the process with them is quite quick and the facilities are good. i would’ve gone with them, but as a singaporean i decided to take advantage of the government grants available for treatments done at govt hospitals. good luck with your ivf journey!

i would suggest Virtus Fertility Centre. the process with them is quite quick and the facilities are good. i would’ve gone with them, but as a singaporean i decided to take advantage of the government grants available for treatments done at govt hospitals. good luck with your ivf journey!

thank you so much for your kind reply!!

Hi all, I’m currently undergoing my second fresh cycle. I’m with Dr Sadhana, so far my lining has been good, eggs are day 5 blastocyst but always fail to implant, even for my previous frozen cycles. Any suggestions what I should do next?

Asked Dr Sadhana if it could be an autoimmune issue since my blastocyst always fail to implant itself, but she say that from my lab test results, does not seem like it.. my tubes are all normal too.

Really feel very helpless..

I can’t rem which lady here also have similar issues as u. She mentioned that it’s almost impossible to succeed without removing the tubes as the fluid in tubes will make implantation impossible. So removal of the tubes is the only way to get pregnant.

All the best to you!
Hey it's me!!! Yes, it's almost impossible to succeed without tube removal cos of hydrosalphinx. Check it out

Have you gone for second opinion on your tube issues ? Am concern as removing is a permanent thingy .. I have a blocked tube too and my gynae cleared for me during a laparoscopy.

I didn't pay cash for my 1st fresh cycle too. The medication will be reimbursed after the treatment. ISCI may be a better option for you too and the success rate for fertilization is higher. It's few k more but the medisave cap should be sufficient .
Yeah, removal of tubes is permanent. Why would you want to keep them if they are hindering your chances of having a baby? Do remember that even if you successfully get pregnant naturally with lousy tubes, the probability of getting ectopic pregnancy is very high and I can tell you, it's like heartbreak 10000x.

To be frank, if you can get preggy with those tubes, you wouldn't be seeking IVF treatment. Good that you found the problem, solve it and bring the baby home man.

Hi all, I’m currently undergoing my second fresh cycle. I’m with Dr Sadhana, so far my lining has been good, eggs are day 5 blastocyst but always fail to implant, even for my previous frozen cycles. Any suggestions what I should do next?

Asked Dr Sadhana if it could be an autoimmune issue since my blastocyst always fail to implant itself, but she say that from my lab test results, does not seem like it.. my tubes are all normal too.

Really feel very helpless..

Hi there, i am curious too. May i know how old you are? Would you consider PGS testing?

Hi there, i am curious too. May i know how old you are? Would you consider PGS testing?

Hi, I’m turning 30 this year.. According to Dr Sadhana, PGS testing is $6k, that is a little bit difficult for me financially. I was just wondering if there is any other options for me to test first, besides PGS.

I also have a 3.5cm cyst on my right ovary, however Dr Sadhana said that it shouldn’t affect anything. So I’m really at a wits end here.. :(

Hi, I’m turning 30 this year.. According to Dr Sadhana, PGS testing is $6k, that is a little bit difficult for me financially. I was just wondering if there is any other options for me to test first, besides PGS.

I also have a 3.5cm cyst on my right ovary, however Dr Sadhana said that it shouldn’t affect anything. So I’m really at a wits end here.. :(

I did a couple of tests so far - hormone tests to check for my FSH against LH levels, AMH for eggs reserve, HSG to check for tube blockage and hysteroscopy for suspected Ashermann’s syndrome. There also some other tests which i read of such as ERA, immunology tests which i have not done.

i have a 2cm cyst in my right ovary and dr THH also said it's fine to leave it alone.
have you tried tcm and acupuncture?

I did a couple of tests so far - hormone tests to check for my FSH against LH levels, AMH for eggs reserve, HSG to check for tube blockage and hysteroscopy for suspected Ashermann’s syndrome. There also some other tests which i read of such as ERA, immunology tests which i have not done.

I have tested for all mentioned above except for immunology tests, I’m not sure if I have done that.

My HSG results were normal, FSH, LH and AMH results were normal too. My next step is probably to go and see Dr Vasoo, to check for any underlying implantation issue while waiting for my next frozen cycle. My hubby has low sperm count, hence the IVF/ICSI route but no success so far..

i have a 2cm cyst in my right ovary and dr THH also said it's fine to leave it alone.
have you tried tcm and acupuncture?

I see, did u manage to get your BFP? Then, I think I might just leave it too..

No I have not. I think I will try for this upcoming frozen cycle. Any recommendations? Also, can I know if they are able to converse in English during the sessions? Thank you!

I see, did u manage to get your BFP? Then, I think I might just leave it too..

No I have not. I think I will try for this upcoming frozen cycle. Any recommendations? Also, can I know if they are able to converse in English during the sessions? Thank you!

Not yet. In 2ww now
I only tried tcm with tan siew buoy before and I think she speaks English but I didn’t with her.

I used to have cyst too 2cm ..and I eat this vitamin .after consume for 2 btls . my doctor was so surprise that I have no more cyst

Attachments

• gla1.jpg
    gla1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 325
I used to have cyst too 2cm ..and I eat this vitamin .after consume for 2 btls . my doctor was so surprise that I have no more cyst

Ok thanks for the recommendation, will try to find this supplement. :) I might have seen this at Guardian / Unity pharmacy.

Hi all, need to find out more from u gals here. After failing 2 iui n 3 ivf with KKH, my hb n i decided that we shall try pte. We are with Dr Roland Chieng and his advice for us is that we will do a back to back ER then will be a frozen ET later.

Is there anyone here doing the same like me? would like to knw if the 2nd ER will be able to get gd no. of eggs and manage to fertilise? I am 43 this year and since i hv started ivf after 40, i only have 5 chances of ivf. Nw that i have used up 3, i left 2 which this back to back will use up all my chances. Thus want to see if there's any successful story here.

dear all, after 4 failed IVF attempts in KKH, I went to taiwan to give my last shot and was blessed to give birth to a boy girl twins 8 months ago. The fertility hospital is considered the "Authority in fertility" and has superior technique which can achieve success rate up to 80%.
As a patient in their mailing list, I saw that they are having a seminar on April 27th.
Just sharing . This is the registration from . https://forms.gle/7fc2re7WEqi2nQ947

Im 39 yrs this year. So there's still ray of hope !

Hi Tinymomo, how u do it? You stayed in Taiwan for whole month???

Hi all, need to find out more from u gals here. After failing 2 iui n 3 ivf with KKH, my hb n i decided that we shall try pte. We are with Dr Roland Chieng and his advice for us is that we will do a back to back ER then will be a frozen ET later.

Is there anyone here doing the same like me? would like to knw if the 2nd ER will be able to get gd no. of eggs and manage to fertilise? I am 43 this year and since i hv started ivf after 40, i only have 5 chances of ivf. Nw that i have used up 3, i left 2 which this back to back will use up all my chances. Thus want to see if there's any successful story here.
So nice. Dr roland didnt reject you with your age?

Do back to back er and frozen is a good idea. Cos age of earlier embryos quality will be better.

I rem got a sis who did back t back and succeed. Good luck! Dr roland should be a good doctor

So nice. Dr roland didnt reject you with your age?

Do back to back er and frozen is a good idea. Cos age of earlier embryos quality will be better.

I rem got a sis who did back t back and succeed. Good luck! Dr roland should be a good doctor

Hi connie_hopeful, u mean he will reject? so far no, he did not reject me. After doing some blood test n my hb SA, he said he is quite happy with the result and wan us to start asap.

Hi connie_hopeful, u mean he will reject? so far no, he did not reject me. After doing some blood test n my hb SA, he said he is quite happy with the result and wan us to start asap.
Thats good. Means you n yr hubby results statistics are quite good. Then u should have a very high chance.

Ya if extremely bad stats n advance age, he will discourage.

Hi dear

After failing 3 round(2 fresh transfer) at NUH, I succeeded under Dr Roland Chieng & just given birth to my boy 2 weeks plus ago..

He did mini/mild IVF for me which is different from NUH high dose. My protocol is 2 rounds of ER for embryos banking which had given me 4 blasts, and 1 frozen transfer with 1 blast. Didn’t expect 1st attempt with Dr Roland would be a success since I’m losing hope. I’m 39 this Nov, low egg reserve & each retrieval, I can get abt 4-5 eggs max. If my eggs doesn’t degenerate, my fertilisation is 100% & able to harvest to blasts.

Baby dust to you, good luck & hope you will be able to share your successful story to encourage others. Jia you!

It’s common for private to do frozen transfer as they think it has a higher chance then fresh. Maybe ur first er will yield u enough egg that you dont require second?

Hi dear

After failing 3 round(2 fresh transfer) at NUH, I succeeded under Dr Roland Chieng & just given birth to my boy 2 weeks plus ago..

He did mini/mild IVF for me which is different from NUH high dose. My protocol is 2 rounds of ER for embryos banking which had given me 4 blasts, and 1 frozen transfer with 1 blast. Didn’t expect 1st attempt with Dr Roland would be a success since I’m losing hope. I’m 39 this Nov, low egg reserve & each retrieval, I can get abt 4-5 eggs max. If my eggs doesn’t degenerate, my fertilisation is 100% & able to harvest to blasts.

Baby dust to you, good luck & hope you will be able to share your successful story to encourage others. Jia you!

Hi hellokittygirl, ur words are very encouraging to me.. Hope to be like u soon cos this will be my last chance unless i do ivf overseas.

Can i know the no. of eggs that was extracted for each of ur ER? cos i'm concerned that my round 2 ER may not have eggs left for extraction. Haa....

Does anyone here has problem conceiving because both husband and wife are infertile? Me and my wife, both Singaporean Chinese, are willing to donate half or more of our embryos, provided the other couple are willing to fund our IVF treatment cycle. This is negotiable, if my wife (who is quite young at 32) can produce many eggs, then we may consider donating 2/3 or even 3/4 of our embryos, in return for fully-funded IVF treatment from the other couple.
Hi, may i know since your wife is 32 years old, u shld be getting a govt funding. And the cash outlay is very minimum. so why do u still nid funding?

Hi hellokittygirl, ur words are very encouraging to me.. Hope to be like u soon cos this will be my last chance unless i do ivf overseas.

Can i know the no. of eggs that was extracted for each of ur ER? cos i'm concerned that my round 2 ER may not have eggs left for extraction. Haa....
I did back to back retrieval.. can’t remember exact no. of eggs, should be around 4-5 max.. actually my 2nd retrieval was better in terms of blast quality.. which is what Dr Roland advised us.. first round, I have 1 excellent, 1 below average. 2nd retrieval, both blast were excellent..

Good luck to you babe! It’s not an easy journey but continue to have faith & your belief. This is what it help to keep me going for past 3 years.

We have tried once, and really feel uncomfortable with government hospitals because of the large number of patients, long waiting time and attitude of the doctors who always seem to be in rush. We feel that we have not been given the best attention, and are therefore considering going for private IVF. You know this is quite expensive.

HI, i think we have to lower our expectations because we are tapping on govt funding and the volume that govt hospitals has to handle.

If you would like to go for private IVF, why do you want another couple to fund your cycle? Are you able to guarantee the egg/embryo quality? Whether to go through govt or private is your personal choice.

I did back to back retrieval.. can’t remember exact no. of eggs, should be around 4-5 max.. actually my 2nd retrieval was better in terms of blast quality.. which is what Dr Roland advised us.. first round, I have 1 excellent, 1 below average. 2nd retrieval, both blast were excellent..

Good luck to you babe! It’s not an easy journey but continue to have faith & your belief. This is what it help to keep me going for past 3 years.
Thanks hellokittygirl for ur encouragement. I also have been going thru this ttc for 3 years already. Really draining emotionally n financially. Can i know how much did you pay for Dr Roland? Hope i can share bb dust here soon like you.

We have tried once, and really feel uncomfortable with government hospitals because of the large number of patients, long waiting time and attitude of the doctors who always seem to be in rush. We feel that we have not been given the best attention, and are therefore considering going for private IVF. You know this is quite expensive.
Hi since u r oso trying for your own, i dont think local hospital allows you to share the embryo in the same cycle. Hw you knw u will hv extra to share. i have read that ppl having 21 eggs but eventually left 1 for ET. Since you hv tried once n i assume there is none to freeze, then it will mean u n ur wife will not have alot of gd quality embryo. Then how u expect to share?

Thanks hellokittygirl for ur encouragement. I also have been going thru this ttc for 3 years already. Really draining emotionally n financially. Can i know how much did you pay for Dr Roland? Hope i can share bb dust here soon like you.
Similarly, we also had been trying since end 2015 so it’s been 3 years for us.. we spent about in total with Dr Roland & Virtus(combined) 30-35K for 2 retrieval, 1 lupron injection and 1 FET transfer.. do note Dr Roland cost will vary depending on protocol. Mine is mild IVF so medication cost minimal...

@Alaricda i don’t think you can find what you want here and I would suggest for you to take it down soon. If I am being really honest, i find your proposition scammy..

If indeed you find gov hospitals slow and cumbersome, maybe you can share the hospital name and doctor you dealt with. It could be a once off event, and I am sure there are plenty of ladies or men here who can recommend other doctors for you to try. You still have 2 rounds of ivf left that can be funded by Gov and medisave.

There are couples who are already vulnerable from this entire experience of dealing with infertility, please don’t take advantage of their desperation and entice them to do something illegal.

Hi, for those who bfp from IvF, did you all still do bbt? My bbt is very Low even after ET. Ranging from 36.4 -36.6. Today 2 days after ET, it is 36.4. It keep dropping though I am on progesterone support.

Hi, for those who bfp from IvF, did you all still do bbt? My bbt is very Low even after ET. Ranging from 36.4 -36.6. Today 2 days after ET, it is 36.4. It keep dropping though I am on progesterone support.

It depends on the type of cycle and progesterone supplementation. If it’s a natural thaw cycle, the body will produce its own progesterone and bbt will stay high if there is implantation. If it’s a medicated thaw cycle, the body relies wholly on external hormone supplementation. From what I know, crinone is absorbed by the uterus first than the blood.. hence progesterone bloodstream levels may not be high and temperature may not go up.

Progesterone is what causes bbt to increase

Similarly, we also had been trying since end 2015 so it’s been 3 years for us.. we spent about in total with Dr Roland & Virtus(combined) 30-35K for 2 retrieval, 1 lupron injection and 1 FET transfer.. do note Dr Roland cost will vary depending on protocol. Mine is mild IVF so medication cost minimal...

Did u have success w dr Roland ? I have been with him since 2012... besides fees increasing year after year, I trusted him w all the advises n his team . I had a gg 5 yo gal n a pair of twin gals under his success . On n off I still go back to him on some frens pregnancy advises or even my kids especially when I bumped into him at Peh.
Hmm nope I dun tik I will b going for number 4. Besides age is catching up, financially we don’t want another challenge .having identical twin to us was a surprise to us so yes I m officially closing my factory.

Dr Roland Chieng only do fet nowadays
Even when I told him I nvr succeed w fet in my record. He agreed but who knows my last cycle I got ohss, Instead of Et he insisted postpone to fet. Since I always believe in his decision , I followed the flow n I strike w identical twin. He fet 2 fertilised embryos but 1 spilt n implanted n the other didn’t make it. I cannot imagine triplets. Anyway my first scan after bfp was only 1 heartbeat n he has this practise nowadays Tat following week he will do another scan. Perhaps it’s fated 2nd scan he saw 2 heartbeats. So he explained to us Tat y he wants another scan the following week after first one is becos he wants to see any surprise or not. N it happened in my case.

I tik here only Connie hopeful saw my nick in this forum for the past few years. I did 10 rounds of fresh n frozen ivf cycle. 1 miscarriage n w 3 gals now. My 5th-10 cycles w Roland .. first 4 tries w Tmc which all failed miserably.
I started ivf in 2011. Only succeed in 2014 March. Bcos of my age I didn’t go to Govt hospital Cos I dun want waste time waiting plus my job cannot allow me always away.
Anyway I did all means to success as in I did ivf, I went for massage, acupuncture n see tcm.
Persistent is the only thing I can tik of Tat keeps pushing myself. When I had my first mc, dr Roland actually encourage us Tat it proves Tat I can get pregnant n tat makes us tried again on the 7th tries n got my first baby .
Nvr give up my ladies...

Sigh. Had a bit of a “bad” experience with one nurse at kkivf. I had requested her to clarify with dr thh on my medication prescription as he forgot to prescribe a new and unusual medicine. Forgot probably cause we agreed on that medication 1.5 years ago.
But she didn’t check with dr, only with the senior nurse.
Luckily when I went to collect my prescription, the attending nurse, Adeline, was very very helpful in chasing down dr tan and dr liu based on my explanation (records was not available).
Moral of story: we as patients must know what we are doing in this ivf process and not blindly follow.
Gambatte everyone

I stopped doing BBT once start IVF as the drugs can affect your BBT.

And why add stress to yourself. There’s no point in doing BBT when IVF cycle starts

All the best!

Even when I told him I nvr succeed w fet in my record. He agreed but who knows my last cycle I got ohss, Instead of Et he insisted postpone to fet. Since I always believe in his decision , I followed the flow n I strike w identical twin. He fet 2 fertilised embryos but 1 spilt n implanted n the other didn’t make it. I cannot imagine triplets. Anyway my first scan after bfp was only 1 heartbeat n he has this practise nowadays Tat following week he will do another scan. Perhaps it’s fated 2nd scan he saw 2 heartbeats. So he explained to us Tat y he wants another scan the following week after first one is becos he wants to see any surprise or not. N it happened in my case.

I tik here only Connie hopeful saw my nick in this forum for the past few years. I did 10 rounds of fresh n frozen ivf cycle. 1 miscarriage n w 3 gals now. My 5th-10 cycles w Roland .. first 4 tries w Tmc which all failed miserably.
I started ivf in 2011. Only succeed in 2014 March. Bcos of my age I didn’t go to Govt hospital Cos I dun want waste time waiting plus my job cannot allow me always away.
Anyway I did all means to success as in I did ivf, I went for massage, acupuncture n see tcm.
Persistent is the only thing I can tik of Tat keeps pushing myself. When I had my first mc, dr Roland actually encourage us Tat it proves Tat I can get pregnant n tat makes us tried again on the 7th tries n got my first baby .
Nvr give up my ladies...
Wow... i must say after reading connie_hopeful and ur post, i feel alot more positive. I will b starting my cycle in Jun and hope to spread some bb dust here soon....

By the way can i know how old are you when u BFP?

Last edited:

I agree that virtus team of embryologists are good.they were from sincere previously n moved on to virtus .tats y my last cycle I decided to follow them even though it’s much more ex than sincere . N I believe my affinity w dr Liaw. I got all my bfp from this team

Nvr give up my ladies...
Did u have success w dr Roland ? I have been with him since 2012... besides fees increasing year after year, I trusted him w all the advises n his team . I had a gg 5 yo gal n a pair of twin gals under his success . On n off I still go back to him on some frens pregnancy advises or even my kids especially when I bumped into him at Peh.
Hmm nope I dun tik I will b going for number 4. Besides age is catching up, financially we don’t want another challenge .having identical twin to us was a surprise to us so yes I m officially closing my factory.

Yes, I had been reading a lot on Dr Roland & all the success posted on this forum.. you are defro one of the ladies I admire the most... your story kept me positive & kept me going on this journey.. im sure many ladies felt the same way too..

I’m extremely grateful to Dr Roland & I have just given birth to my baby boy 2 weeks ago.. I only trust him & recommended couple of friends(who failed many times like me) who are currently seeing him.. I’m hoping to hear their good news & they will share their joy soon..

I will be seeing Dr Roland probably in 1 year time for my 2nd FET. I’m 39 this year so also can’t drag too long..im thankful that I took his advice to do embryo banking so I still have 3 blasts with Virtus..

Just wondering, for those who are trying for no. 2 or 3, how Long do u wait after given birth to start a fresh cycle?

I’ve no more frozen embryos.. so wondering when is a good time to do another fresh cycle after having no.1, if I decide to another baby

Just wondering, for those who are trying for no. 2 or 3, how Long do u wait after given birth to start a fresh cycle?

I’ve no more frozen embryos.. so wondering when is a good time to do another fresh cycle after having no.1, if I decide to another baby

Dreamscometrue, if u r ready for No2 and ready to stop breastfeeding then just go ahead ur IVF cycle for No2.

Dreamscometrue, if u r ready for No2 and ready to stop breastfeeding then just go ahead ur IVF cycle for No2.

I see. How does it work? I mean wait till menses come? Or need a few cycles of menses before can start the fresh cycle?

When will the first menses come after given birth? I read that different people menses will come at different time.

I see. How does it work? I mean wait till menses come? Or need a few cycles of menses before can start the fresh cycle?

When will the first menses come after given birth? I read that different people menses will come at different time.

Once you stop breastfeeding, your menses will come and for my ivf, he prefers to only the IVF cycle after a 2-3 more natural cycles from our 1st natural menses. So if you are ready to try for No2. Best to consult him.

Yes, I had been reading a lot on Dr Roland & all the success posted on this forum.. you are defro one of the ladies I admire the most... your story kept me positive & kept me going on this journey.. im sure many ladies felt the same way too..

I’m extremely grateful to Dr Roland & I have just given birth to my baby boy 2 weeks ago.. I only trust him & recommended couple of friends(who failed many times like me) who are currently seeing him.. I’m hoping to hear their good news & they will share their joy soon..

I will be seeing Dr Roland probably in 1 year time for my 2nd FET. I’m 39 this year so also can’t drag too long..im thankful that I took his advice to do embryo banking so I still have 3 blasts with Virtus..

Congrats on ur baby boy.. most of my frens whom I recommended to him all got boy.. but I end up 3 gals under him.. I m fine w it cos my hub n in laws prefer gal..

Once you stop breastfeeding, your menses will come and for my ivf, he prefers to only the IVF cycle after a 2-3 more natural cycles from our 1st natural menses. So if you are ready to try for No2. Best to consult him.

I see.. logistically how old will it be good for no.1 to be before trying for no.2?

My 1st pregnancy was abit complicated.. so just abit concerned with the carrying of no.1 while during 2ww etc

I see.. logistically how old will it be good for no.1 to be before trying for no.2?

My 1st pregnancy was abit complicated.. so just abit concerned with the carrying of no.1 while during 2ww etc

If you delivered ur no1 via csection then probably gotta check with ur ivf dr on the suggested rest period before u try for No2. If its natural delivery then u can try for No2 once u r ready for No2.

I also had numerous bleeding episodes and bed rested alot for both my pregnancies. so u need to weigh in all these considerations including logistics once u bfp with No2.

Hi ladies, I am so grateful to have started my ivf 3 yrs back, tt ended up w my baby boy who has turned 2yrs old yesterday. When he is almost 1 yr old, i tot of doing another ivf with my 1 and only frozen embryo left. After signing all the consent forms and seeing the doctor (i was still in e midst of stopping breastfeeding)...miracle happens, i was then pregnant naturally. Now my gal is coming 5 months old.. so nvr giv up trying! Anything could happened..

Hi ladies, I am so grateful to have started my ivf 3 yrs back, tt ended up w my baby boy who has turned 2yrs old yesterday. When he is almost 1 yr old, i tot of doing another ivf with my 1 and only frozen embryo left. After signing all the consent forms and seeing the doctor (i was still in e midst of stopping breastfeeding)...miracle happens, i was then pregnant naturally. Now my gal is coming 5 months old.. so nvr giv up trying! Anything could happened..

Hi, mind sharing what’s the reason u needed to do IVF? I also wish this miracle will happen to me for no.2 so I don’t have to go through another fresh cycle

If you delivered ur no1 via csection then probably gotta check with ur ivf dr on the suggested rest period before u try for No2. If its natural delivery then u can try for No2 once u r ready for No2.

I also had numerous bleeding episodes and bed rested alot for both my pregnancies. so u need to weigh in all these considerations including logistics once u bfp with No2.

I see.. then how u handle your no.1 while being preggy with no.2 and during the bleeding episodes

Back