IVF/ICSI Support Group

Anyone tested positive but keep spotting? Been spotting for 2 weeks n still spotting now, given 3 weeks HL to bedrest. If it’s you, will you go back to work cos u feel bad about missing work or just take the HL to rest? Cos not sure if the rest really helps as spotting continues .

Anyone tested positive but keep spotting? Been spotting for 2 weeks n still spotting now, given 3 weeks HL to bedrest. If it’s you, will you go back to work cos u feel bad about missing work or just take the HL to rest? Cos not sure if the rest really helps as spotting continues .

Well, instead I have a question for you. IF you are given HL but u decided to go work instead, given your current situation ... Would you feel more worst if anything happened to you or your bb inside? Personally, I would have taken the doctor's advice to bed rest if he thinks this is necessary and good for me.

May
Maybe I will take week by week and see how I feel. Depends on your work requirement also. Whether need to stand? walk around etc..... If someone can cover my work. I would take the HL. If you feel bad, can always stay in bed and help out with email and stuff...? if thats applicable for yyou

May

Maybe I will take week by week and see how I feel. Depends on your work requirement also. Whether need to stand? walk around etc..... If someone can cover my work. I would take the HL. If you feel bad, can always stay in bed and help out with email and stuff...? if thats applicable for yyou

Yeah already taken 2 weeks but still spotting, so thinking also cannot keep taking mc until it stops. But yet worried to risk it, yeah maybe will explore working from home. Also duno is it normal to spot so Long or not. Is it ivf cases easier to spot?

Yeah already taken 2 weeks but still spotting, so thinking also cannot keep taking mc until it stops. But yet worried to risk it, yeah maybe will explore working from home. Also duno is it normal to spot so Long or not. Is it ivf cases easier to spot?

Friend of mine had spotting for more than a month. Non ivf baby.
In the end she was checking emails and working from home.

Not sure if IVF preg are common to spotting.. but if I were you, I will continue with the HL.. what if touch wood anything happen if you go back to work.. who else will you blame besides yourself? At the end of the day, ask yourself what is your priority now? I’m sure the little beanie inside you takes priority over anything.

I took HL for the entire first trimester even after the spotting stops at around week 9 or 10.. cos can not afford to risk it

Not sure if IVF preg are common to spotting.. but if I were you, I will continue with the HL.. what if touch wood anything happen if you go back to work.. who else will you blame besides yourself? At the end of the day, ask yourself what is your priority now? I’m sure the little beanie inside you takes priority over anything.

I took HL for the entire first trimester even after the spotting stops at around week 9 or 10.. cos can not afford to risk it

Thanks for the advice.. sorry u also had spotting for few weeks? your colleagues and boss were ok with you out the entire trimester?

Thanks for the advice.. sorry u also had spotting for few weeks? your colleagues and boss were ok with you out the entire trimester?

I think I’ve spotting for 2-3 weeks

Boss and colleagues I don’t know man.. not ok also have to accept cos it’s really HL.. not faking it

To make things worse, I have other complications towards end of second trimester and hence on HL again till I delivered.. but work/ money can always find or earn back.. baby u can’t. So no regrets even after when I went back to work, a lot of people has over took me in terms of progression

I think I’ve spotting for 2-3 weeks

Boss and colleagues I don’t know man.. not ok also have to accept cos it’s really HL.. not faking it

To make things worse, I have other complications towards end of second trimester and hence on HL again till I delivered.. but work/ money can always find or earn back.. baby u can’t. So no regrets even after when I went back to work, a lot of people has over took me in terms of progression

Ah Glad it all went fine for u now.. so worrying this spotting thing, now fearful of going toilet to check the liner. Esp it has been so hard for us to even reach this stage.

Worrisomegirl, Unfortunately Yes! I had seen a couple of my IVFers friends who had some degree of spotting/bleeding after BFP.
2 probable reasons... most of us can't conceive naturally so there are already some inherent issues in us. Plus we are given progestrones/estrogens supports post ET and these supports make us more susceptible to spotting.

Both my 2 pregnancies were bugged with various spotting/bleeding episodes. 1st pregnancy, I thought all was good and I went back to work in Trim 2 after my spotting went away. Even hardly a week after I returned to work, I started bleeding (blood soaking pad wet within 20mins type)... I rested at home from that day onwards till I delivered and i bed-rested alot ! For my No2, I went off work and stayed home to nest my bb till I delivered too. Always tell my IVFer friends who also experienced spotting/bleeding that, we are only officially "out of the woods" when we deliver and hold our IVF bbs in our arms. Our bio-clock can't stall for us and our bb plan is of main priority..Job can always come later. So just do whatever that brings you comfort.

I spotted on 4 to 5 separate occasions while carrying my firstborn. Then just recently had a month of bleeding daily. In my 13th week now. Was on HL. Nothing beats the safety of our children.

Dr Tan told me it seems quite common for patients of frozen medicated cycles to bleed.

Sorry I just started reading from the back. MIA a bit cos of my morning sickness.

I spotted on 4 to 5 separate occasions while carrying my firstborn. Then just recently had a month of bleeding daily. In my 13th week now. Was on HL. Nothing beats the safety of our children.

Dr Tan told me it seems quite common for patients of frozen medicated cycles to bleed.

Sorry I just started reading from the back. MIA a bit cos of my morning sickness.

Hello, just wondering how old was your no. 1 when u embark on the journey for your no.2? how you manage your no.1 during your tww and during your month of bleeding?

Worrisomegirl, Unfortunately Yes! I had seen a couple of my IVFers friends who had some degree of spotting/bleeding after BFP.
2 probable reasons... most of us can't conceive naturally so there are already some inherent issues in us. Plus we are given progestrones/estrogens supports post ET and these supports make us more susceptible to spotting.

Both my 2 pregnancies were bugged with various spotting/bleeding episodes. 1st pregnancy, I thought all was good and I went back to work in Trim 2 after my spotting went away. Even hardly a week after I returned to work, I started bleeding (blood soaking pad wet within 20mins type)... I rested at home from that day onwards till I delivered and i bed-rested alot ! For my No2, I went off work and stayed home to nest my bb till I delivered too. Always tell my IVFer friends who also experienced spotting/bleeding that, we are only officially "out of the woods" when we deliver and hold our IVF bbs in our arms. Our bio-clock can't stall for us and our bb plan is of main priority..Job can always come later. So just do whatever that brings you comfort.

Thank you! This is my 2nd pregnancy, first one was natural & I didn’t spot that much. So that’s why so concerned about this. But I am Glad to hear about ur success stories, made me more at ease now. Can I ask are both your kids boys? Haha there is a saying that boys causing spotting more! My ivf doctor also said it’s common but not to be taken lightly. Wa n u can bedrest for so Long, so I am already gg crazy on 2nd week ..

Seems like it is really common for ivf ppl to spot/bleed during pregnancy! So did u mostly bedrest or minimise movement? Pls take care too, hope ur morning sickness goes off soon.. think the medication makes the morning sickness worse for me!

Hello, just wondering how old was your no. 1 when u embark on the journey for your no.2? how you manage your no.1 during your tww and during your month of bleeding?
Hey Dreams, ask me ask me! My #1 and #2 were about 1.5 year old when I embarked on my B-project.

During TWW, I tried not to carry them (but sometimes no choice, gotta lift them up) and I used the stroller instead of Tula..

Tough, but can be done.

Hey Day, are you gunning for #3?

Hey Dreams, ask me ask me! My #1 and #2 were about 1.5 year old when I embarked on my B-project.

During TWW, I tried not to carry them (but sometimes no choice, gotta lift them up) and I used the stroller instead of Tula..

Tough, but can be done.

Did u have a maid? Or anyone to help u? I have other complications during second tri when resulted me needing bed rest till later part of the pregnancy.. if I ever am lucky enough to get preg again, I probably may need to go through the similar process again

So not sure how is it possible with no.1

Thank you! This is my 2nd pregnancy, first one was natural & I didn’t spot that much. So that’s why so concerned about this. But I am Glad to hear about ur success stories, made me more at ease now. Can I ask are both your kids boys? Haha there is a saying that boys causing spotting more! My ivf doctor also said it’s common but not to be taken lightly. Wa n u can bedrest for so Long, so I am already gg crazy on 2nd week ..

Worrisomegirl, Yes ! .. both my kidddos are boys! Well... bed-resting was strongly recommended by my IVF dr so I just fellow suite and I got more kiasu by resting throughout most of my pregnancy. I just have no guts to deal with any losses because of my ignorance & complacency.

Almondearie, Wow! Time flies and u r in Trim 2 liaos. All good now and you know the gender of your little beanie ?

Previously when I was seeing Dr Sheila Vasoo, she was a little skeptical. Besides, I have immunity issues so I was actually on Prednisolone to lower the activity in my immune system to help in implantation. So it doens't make sense for me to consume immunocal to boost my immunity. So after my discussion with her, I stopped taking it to be on the safe side. Hence, I guess sometimes not all supplements are suitable for everyone. Best to know your own body condition first before consuming anything. My 10 cents worth.
Hi Milogal,
Nice to see you back in this thread again... trying for your No3 ?
Thanks for your advises. I saw Dr Shiela Vasoo during my last FET and also
successfully BFP with her help & now my No2 is turning 17months soon.

I transferred in Mar when my #1 was 1.5yo. But I have to put up a disclaimer first. I had help from my husband, helper and mum with my #1. Also cos I’m a weakling. Totally beaten by the morning sickness.

The bleeding was scary at first but I think cause this is #2 I was much less worried than when I was bleeding with #1. Plus the fact Dr Tan was such a chill pill about it, I also relaxed. But I still tried to bed rest and not carry my boy. Tho once or twice I relented. How to reject such a cute face? Lol.

Seems like it is really common for ivf ppl to spot/bleed during pregnancy! So did u mostly bedrest or minimise movement? Pls take care too, hope ur morning sickness goes off soon.. think the medication makes the morning sickness worse for me!

Yes I tried to minimize movement. In fact mine was like a mini period.

Actually I ended up skipping a lot of medication (negative demonstration-pls don’t follow).

Almondearie, Wow! Time flies and u r in Trim 2 liaos. All good now and you know the gender of your little beanie ?

I just did my Oscar and wasn’t expecting anything but the doc who scanned me in ADC actually asked if I wanted to know the gender. Apparently he’s 80% confident it’s a girl by looking at the side profile of the scan and the pelvic area bone structure.

But everyone around me is telling me the 20% is very real.

Although it’s not a big deal, as long as bb is healthy. Boy or girl, I close shop at 2. Feels like my body not cut out for pregnancy and birth. Low pain threshold and I 吃不起苦。lol.

I transferred in Mar when my #1 was 1.5yo. But I have to put up a disclaimer first. I had help from my husband, helper and mum with my #1. Also cos I’m a weakling. Totally beaten by the morning sickness.

The bleeding was scary at first but I think cause this is #2 I was much less worried than when I was bleeding with #1. Plus the fact Dr Tan was such a chill pill about it, I also relaxed. But I still tried to bed rest and not carry my boy. Tho once or twice I relented. How to reject such a cute face? Lol.

I see!! Raising a kid is never easy and it really takes an entire kampung to help.. haha

My morning sickness (actually it was whole day sickness) lasted way beyond tri 2 and my appetite was poor throughout the entire pregnancy as my taste buds went haywire all the way till I delivered.. everybody told me to enjoy my pregnancy journey but I can’t find any reason to enjoy it

I see!! Raising a kid is never easy and it really takes an entire kampung to help.. haha

My morning sickness (actually it was whole day sickness) lasted way beyond tri 2 and my appetite was poor throughout the entire pregnancy as my taste buds went haywire all the way till I delivered.. everybody told me to enjoy my pregnancy journey but I can’t find any reason to enjoy it

Omg u brave woman. And you’re thinking of #2. Lol.

I managed to enjoy my 1st pregnancy in 2nd tri. Overall I felt very blessed.

I hope your 2nd experience will be much better. They say gender makes a difference. Baby girls make mummies feel worse.

Omg u brave woman. And you’re thinking of #2. Lol.

I managed to enjoy my 1st pregnancy in 2nd tri. Overall I felt very blessed.

I hope your 2nd experience will be much better. They say gender makes a difference. Baby girls make mummies feel worse.

Cos not young Liao.. wanna hurry up have no. 2 then close shop if possible.. but of cos not necessarily will be blessed with no.2

So see how ba

Cos not young Liao.. wanna hurry up have no. 2 then close shop if possible.. but of cos not necessarily will be blessed with no.2

So see how ba

Same here. I would prefer not to have such close gap but worried my system may not work a 2nd time if it gets too old. Lol.

You will be blessed with #2. Usually more fertile after #1. You can try naturally first also.

yah i am still with NUH under Prof. just that i take super long break more than 6 month! i did two natural FET with my remaining frosties. one chemical and the second one turn out to be BFP :) hopefully this one will stick. how about you dear?
Hi wanbaby234,

May I know your embryo is day3 frozen or day5 blastocysts frozen? Do you request for day5 blastocysts?

Same here. I would prefer not to have such close gap but worried my system may not work a 2nd time if it gets too old. Lol.

You will be blessed with #2. Usually more fertile after #1. You can try naturally first also.

Hope so.. but the thought of having to go through another fresh cycle is abit sian.. and a lot of $$.. hope can strike via natural

Hi Milogal,
Nice to see you back in this thread again... trying for your No3 ?
Thanks for your advises. I saw Dr Shiela Vasoo during my last FET and also
successfully BFP with her help & now my No2 is turning 17months soon.

Hi babe! Aweeee!! Good to hear that. Hahaha think I should get "referral fee" from her :p
Noooooooo!! No more #3! my twinados are driving me cray-cray so yeap....stopping at 2. Ironically, I'll still be storing the 2 embbies I have for the time being.

To make you feel better, I had spotting for 1 week before seeing red. Rushed to O&G for support jab, bed rest for few days and was ok. But within the same week, I had cramps that comes with fresh red bleeding. I thought that was it coz such combi is not very promising. But very glad that everything turned out fine eventually. I had support jabs all the way till end of 1st trimester. Rest as much as you can; and minimize movements where possible. Having come this far, dun risk it. Jia you!

Is it normal that symptoms come and go? I’ve tested positive last week and noticed that since then my boobs will be sore one day and the next day I’m perfectly fine and not feeling anything.

Is it normal that symptoms come and go? I’ve tested positive last week and noticed that since then my boobs will be sore one day and the next day I’m perfectly fine and not feeling anything.

Yes, I believe this is perfectly normal as the hormones level in the body fluctuate up and down. Some days I feel more severed like sore boobs and extremely tired but the next day you could be totally fine. I think the best bet is .... Don't think too much into the day-to-day symptoms as the journey are still long.

Last edited:
Did u have a maid? Or anyone to help u? I have other complications during second tri when resulted me needing bed rest till later part of the pregnancy.. if I ever am lucky enough to get preg again, I probably may need to go through the similar process again

So not sure how is it possible with no.1
Nope, I dont have a maid. If you consider hubby as a helper :p
I had light spotting during my 1st trim for the most recent pregnancy - I didn't do bed rest. I just walked slower and slowed my pace. Everything as per normal.
Actually every pregnancy is different, why think now? You may not even need bed rest for this 2nd pregnancy.
Likewise for myself, after 2 natural deliveries, who would have known that I needed an e C-sect for this pregnancy?
Just go with the flow first and solve the issue one by one.

Towkayneo, Waves! .. how r u handling with your "boyband" ?
No1 is draining off my energy with his schoolwork + no2 is a little terror too. OMG!
So till now still got no guts to proceed with #3
My boyband is driving me nuts, but I'm surviving - taking each day as it comes man.

Come on! Make #3 happen! Make it a mei mei!

I just did my Oscar and wasn’t expecting anything but the doc who scanned me in ADC actually asked if I wanted to know the gender. Apparently he’s 80% confident it’s a girl by looking at the side profile of the scan and the pelvic area bone structure.

But everyone around me is telling me the 20% is very real.

Although it’s not a big deal, as long as bb is healthy. Boy or girl, I close shop at 2. Feels like my body not cut out for pregnancy and birth. Low pain threshold and I 吃不起苦。lol.
Congrats!!! I have been hoping to hear the word "girl" for the longest time :p

The only consolation is that it's baby's way of telling you he's all good. Would you rather have no pregnancy symptoms at all and you keep worrying if he's ok in the tummy? I bet all of us will choose the morning sickness.

Pregnancy is like that, just bear with it for max 40 weeks :p

To make you feel better, I had spotting for 1 week before seeing red. Rushed to O&G for support jab, bed rest for few days and was ok. But within the same week, I had cramps that comes with fresh red bleeding. I thought that was it coz such combi is not very promising. But very glad that everything turned out fine eventually. I had support jabs all the way till end of 1st trimester. Rest as much as you can; and minimize movements where possible. Having come this far, dun risk it. Jia you!

Thanks for your encouragment!

Anyone experience bloating whenever drink and even eat half portion/fruit after egg retrieval? Also feel like vomiting whenever after meal but still bearable. Already day 4 retrieved not sure when get rid off all this discomfort.

Back