IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi there, i am undergoing FET in May and i currently have 2 frozen blastocyst - one Day5 expanded and one Day6 hatching. For those who did FET in NUH before, do you get to choose which blastocyst to transfer? I am planning to do one at a time but unsure which one to put in first.

I don’t think u get to choose.. the embryologist will choose. Sounds like they might choose the hatching one

Hi there, i am undergoing FET in May and i currently have 2 frozen blastocyst - one Day5 expanded and one Day6 hatching. For those who did FET in NUH before, do you get to choose which blastocyst to transfer? I am planning to do one at a time but unsure which one to put in first.
you won’t get to choose. the embryologist will choose the better one of the two and let you know which they thawed on the day of ET. both sound promising Billie! expanded is great and hatching is even better. my previous FET i had two Day 6 partially re-expanding and blastocysts and one managed to implant. i’d be really happy if i were you to have two beautifully progressed blasts. don’t stress about choosing the embryologist will do their job!

Hello everyone, we will be returning red eggs at the
Kampong Tengah Thian Hou Keng at Rivervale Crescent on Sat 13 April and Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao at Toa Payoh on Sun 14 April after lunch time. Hope to spread baby dust to all the sisters here.

Would like to encourage everyone to always have hope and continue to persevere. I have gone through 4 fresh cycles and 6 transfers before conceiving and would be happy to share what I have learnt during the journey if you’d find it helpful. Feel free to dm me and I will try my best to reply asap. Good luck to all of you!

Hello everyone, we will be returning red eggs at the
Kampong Tengah Thian Hou Keng at Rivervale Crescent on Sat 13 April and Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao at Toa Payoh on Sun 14 April after lunch time. Hope to spread baby dust to all the sisters here.

Would like to encourage everyone to always have hope and continue to persevere. I have gone through 4 fresh cycles and 6 transfers before conceiving and would be happy to share what I have learnt during the journey if you’d find it helpful. Feel free to dm me and I will try my best to reply asap. Good luck to all of you!
Congrats and thanks !!! Happy for you and wish the rest of us all the best !!

dear all, after 4 failed IVF attempts in KKH, I went to taiwan to give my last shot and was blessed to give birth to a boy girl twins 8 months ago. The fertility hospital is considered the "Authority in fertility" and has superior technique which can achieve success rate up to 80%.
As a patient in their mailing list, I saw that they are having a seminar on April 27th.
Just sharing . This is the registration from . https://forms.gle/7fc2re7WEqi2nQ947

Im 39 yrs this year. So there's still ray of hope !

dear all, after 4 failed IVF attempts in KKH, I went to taiwan to give my last shot and was blessed to give birth to a boy girl twins 8 months ago. The fertility hospital is considered the "Authority in fertility" and has superior technique which can achieve success rate up to 80%.
As a patient in their mailing list, I saw that they are having a seminar on April 27th.
Just sharing . This is the registration from . https://forms.gle/7fc2re7WEqi2nQ947

Im 39 yrs this year. So there's still ray of hope !

Congrats! In your opinion, what’s the difference between them and local hosp?

Congrats! In your opinion, what’s the difference between them and local hosp?

Their technology is better.. they uses PGS + Artificial intelligence imaging to enhance the embryo, hence success rate up to 80%. SG can't do PGS, cant select gender and dont have artificial intelligence imaging leh.

I have been thru so much and just want to share. Since they are here in SG, pls take time to go take a look and understand more..

I failed 4 times here.. and found my success just 1 time there. There's a news report clip that they reported the AI technology & 80% success rate.. but don't dont how to send here.

Their technology is better.. they uses PGS + Artificial intelligence imaging to enhance the embryo, hence success rate up to 80%. SG can't do PGS, cant select gender and dont have artificial intelligence imaging leh.

I have been thru so much and just want to share. Since they are here in SG, pls take time to go take a look and understand more..

I failed 4 times here.. and found my success just 1 time there. There's a news report clip that they reported the AI technology & 80% success rate.. but don't dont how to send here.

I see.. how much is the cost?

I see.. how much is the cost?

Different people will be different, depending on your conditions.
But if want to compare to subsidies grant IVF in Sg, definitely more expensive in taiwan.
I wasted 5 yrs of time , TCM , failed IVF ..

I think the overall cost would be more than the 1 in taiwan. Lol

Hi. Just to highlight recent news.
https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/insurance-for-in-vitro-fertilisation/
Please note this only applies for citizens

thanks for this update. I just attended the IVF preparation talk yday and the nurses mentioned this insurance is not compulsory anymore and I was still wondering then how do I get covered otherwise.
I am scheduled for May, my 1st IVF, doc told us no need to go IUI after assessing our situation. Still not very familiar to all the abbreviations being used in the posts here but hoping for the best.
What should I do during this 1 month to condition the body in preparation, eat more vege, fruits and pre-natal supp? No cold food and drinks? :)

Hello all...

Feeling very depressed now.

It seems that my follicles did not grow.

Last Friday, on the right side, it is 7.5,5,4 and on the left side is 11.5,8,5

Monday which is today, on the right side it is 16.5,8,4 and left side is 11,9,5.

The difference in the size of the follicles is quite huge. Between 16.5 and 11cm.

I am so afraid that the cycle may be cancelled. Already in my 2nd fresh. No frozen as Low AMH.

If this cycle did not proceed to ER, can we ask that this cycle to exclude from Govt co fund and use our own cash?

Hello all...

Monday which is today, on the right side it is 16.5,8,4 and left side is 11,9,5.

The difference in the size of the follicles is quite huge. Between 16.5 and 11cm.

I am so afraid that the cycle may be cancelled. Already in my 2nd fresh. No frozen as Low AMH.

If this cycle did not proceed to ER, can we ask that this cycle to exclude from Govt co fund and use our own cash?

No sure about the co fund, but u can get doc to switch your ivf to iui.. if u have no more than 2 mature follicles...

Just to check, for FET once we take mercilon our Menses will stop? Today is my Day 1 of Menses, after I took the mercilon, my Menses seems to stop!

Hello all...

Hihi my follicles didn't grow well after 5 doses of gonal f, gynae then up the doses and the follicles grow. Best is to speak to your gynae on your concern, and can switch to iui if there's only 1 or 2 bigger looking follicles . Good luck !

Hello all...

Hi dear.. sorry to hear that

My frozen cycle had to be cancelled and so co fund was not used, so I think if did not proceed to er then will not use co funding.

I had to pay the ultrasound fees which was around $620 if I remember correctly

Stay strong!

I’ve only just started spotting and I’m worried my first day of full flow will fall on the Good Friday PH. Will it be too late if I end up doing a day4 scan (Monday)?

Hi ladies..
Would like to ask anyone still continues to have their caffeine drinks while embarking on this journey. Does caffeine affects lining or just implantation.
Thank you..

Hi All,

Im New . anyone have dove done IVF for 2nd time?

I have been trying to conceive for 5 years. currently attending at NUH and we r facing low count sperm for my husband n I just get to know last week that my both tubes are blocked. both tubes r swollen.

Can I know how much did you guys fork out to pay by medisave for the first time.. and for the 2nd time? me n my husband are both singaporean

Hi All,

Im New . anyone have dove done IVF for 2nd time?

I have been trying to conceive for 5 years. currently attending at NUH and we r facing low count sperm for my husband n I just get to know last week that my both tubes are blocked. both tubes r swollen.

Can I know how much did you guys fork out to pay by medisave for the first time.. and for the 2nd time? me n my husband are both singaporean
Hi @Nana14

Me and my husband are both Singaporean. Our 1st cycle total up to 10K plus. Both were paid through Medisave and Govt funding. Our cycle gave us a Negative pregnancy and doctor will increase our dosage for the next cycle.

I am unsure of the treatment for blocked tubes but you may google and find that there are few of natural remedies available.

Are you going for your 2nd fresh cycle as well?

Hi @Nana14

Me and my husband are both Singaporean. Our 1st cycle total up to 10K plus. Both were paid through Medisave and Govt funding. Our cycle gave us a Negative pregnancy and doctor will increase our dosage for the next cycle.

I am unsure of the treatment for blocked tubes but you may google and find that there are few of natural remedies available.

Hi!!!!
any cash involve?
Which hospital u went?

im doing 1st ivf soon .. waiting for menses ..

doctor giving me 3 choices,
1. remove both tube before ivf
2. start ivf ,collect eggs,freeze egg then go go tube removal
3. start ivf without removing tube (high chances miscarriage <12weeks / ectopic pregnancy)

its very hard decision for me

Hi @Nana14

Any cash involve?
which hospital u went to?

Im going to get 1st ivf soon .. just want to well prepared myself before I make this tough decision .

my doctor is giving me 3 choices:
1. to remove both tube to get better result for ivf
2. to take ivf collect eggs then freeze it then do the removal of tubes
3. proceed to go ivf treatment without removing the tube . high chance of miscarriage <12 weeks / ectopic pregnancy

Hi!!!!
any cash involve?
Which hospital u went?

im doing 1st ivf soon .. waiting for menses ..

doctor giving me 3 choices,
1. remove both tube before ivf
2. start ivf ,collect eggs,freeze egg then go go tube removal
3. start ivf without removing tube (high chances miscarriage <12weeks / ectopic pregnancy)

its very hard decision for me
No cash involve as my total bill was less than 11K.

I am currently with KKH.

I’ve only just started spotting and I’m worried my first day of full flow will fall on the Good Friday PH. Will it be too late if I end up doing a day4 scan (Monday)?
I did on day 3 cos my period came on sat. Usually is a day 2 scan I think so if your clinic opens on sat then should be in time ?

Any cash involve?
which hospital u went to?

Im going to get 1st ivf soon .. just want to well prepared myself before I make this tough decision .

my doctor is giving me 3 choices:
1. to remove both tube to get better result for ivf
2. to take ivf collect eggs then freeze it then do the removal of tubes
3. proceed to go ivf treatment without removing the tube . high chance of miscarriage <12 weeks / ectopic pregnancy

Have you gone for second opinion on your tube issues ? Am concern as removing is a permanent thingy .. I have a blocked tube too and my gynae cleared for me during a laparoscopy.

I didn't pay cash for my 1st fresh cycle too. The medication will be reimbursed after the treatment. ISCI may be a better option for you too and the success rate for fertilization is higher. It's few k more but the medisave cap should be sufficient .

I did on day 3 cos my period came on sat. Usually is a day 2 scan I think so if your clinic opens on sat then should be in time ?

I called them ytd when my flow came after lunch & the nurse counted ytd as day0 and consider today as day1. she scheduled me for a sat scan.

Have you gone for second opinion on your tube issues ? Am concern as removing is a permanent thingy .. I have a blocked tube too and my gynae cleared for me during a laparoscopy.

I didn't pay cash for my 1st fresh cycle too. The medication will be reimbursed after the treatment. ISCI may be a better option for you too and the success rate for fertilization is higher. It's few k more but the medisave cap should be sufficient .

im gg to meet dr Aziz next sat to ask for second opinion. its a big decision.. im thinking of taking option 3

im gg to meet dr Aziz next sat to ask for second opinion. its a big decision.. im thinking of taking option 3
Hihi if the second opinion came in that the chance of mc is high, then I suggest you don't go for option 3. Having mc before, the emotional and physical psins are indescribable. And our body weakens quite significantly with mc. I know your stress in wanting to have a baby soon.. having tried hard for long. But rem we want successful pregnancy and a healthy baby. Good luck !

I can’t rem which lady here also have similar issues as u. She mentioned that it’s almost impossible to succeed without removing the tubes as the fluid in tubes will make implantation impossible. So removal of the tubes is the only way to get pregnant.

All the best to you!

Hi ladies.. Im going for my ET tmr but my period is bound to come in 7days time from today.. can ar? I mean how many days implantation will take? Isnt it too near:(

anyone experienced taking Nor-e to induce flow and the flow is much lesser than usual?

What happens if my flow is almost gone before I start stim?
never taken nor-e before tho.. i took panadol due to migraine before menses came.. my flow was very scanty.. lesser than usual during my first and second day .. almost gone by third day .. called ivf centre up to update my first day and they still ask me to come the next day.. told the nurse before scanning and she said its ok.

Last edited:
never taken nor-e before tho.. i took panadol due to migraine before menses came.. my flow was very scanty.. lesser than usual during my first and second day .. almost gone by third day .. called ivf centre up to update my first day and they still ask me to come the next day.. told the nurse before scanning and she said its ok.

Thanks babe! Abit worried cos’ it’s really very little, or maybe cos’ my cycle is very long each time and my uterine lining must have been very thick by then. I think the flow is almost cleared and my scan is only tmr.

Thanks babe! Abit worried cos’ it’s really very little, or maybe cos’ my cycle is very long each time and my uterine lining must have been very thick by then. I think the flow is almost cleared and my scan is only tmr.
Mine was worrying too actually.. its like very little. maybe its the age. hopefully its nothing to worry abt la. mine is that i use to have 28 days cycle.. then it became irregular.. found out i had dermoid cyst.. went for keyhole surgery and now my cycle become lesser than 28days and lesser blood too.. tmr they will scan for your lining and follicles.. hopefully they r ok.. dont worry

Mine was worrying too actually.. its like very little. maybe its the age. hopefully its nothing to worry abt la. mine is that i use to have 28 days cycle.. then it became irregular.. found out i had dermoid cyst.. went for keyhole surgery and now my cycle become lesser than 28days and lesser blood too.. tmr they will scan for your lining and follicles.. hopefully they r ok.. dont worry

Thanks babe! hope you are feeling better now, maybe it takes a while to recover back to your usual 28days.

all the best for your ET!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Keep mine crossed for you too!! How urs going? Doc couldnt grade my embries yet.. ER collected 9.. 1 blasto but not fully blast.. 2 coming to blasto.. 5 still moving but slow.. 1 still need to moniter. Doc ask me to collect results for the rest by end of 2ww. Doc gave me a choice to put in 1 or 2.. I chose 2 *Fingers crossed*

Keep mine crossed for you too!! How urs going? Doc couldnt grade my embries yet.. ER collected 9.. 1 blasto but not fully blast.. 2 coming to blasto.. 5 still moving but slow.. 1 still need to moniter. Doc ask me to collect results for the rest by end of 2ww. Doc gave me a choice to put in 1 or 2.. I chose 2 *Fingers crossed*

My first scan went well & the queue moved pretty fast today.

best of luck to you!!!

Hi All

I have created this thread for potential IVF/ICSI patients to share information with one and another.

Please feel free to come in.

Hello all, i am new to Singapore and hope to do IVF Treatment. I would like to go to private hospital, as I m at 40, time is important.

Can anyone suggest some good doctors?

Thanks so much!!

Back