IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ! Am new here to motherhood forum. I have pcos.
I had a failed IUI done with my gynae and for 2nd iui , she increased my letrozole dosage to 5mg but my follicles still grow so slowly and i only ovulated on cd 28. My periods seemed to be longer after taking letrozole. Usually it is between 30-35 days with no letrozole (natural). I had 2 LH Peak and due to this miscalculation i missed my 2nd IUI. I was thinking to embark into IVF journey this year and skip the 2nd iui. I understand some doctors dont want to do for patient unless they failed 3 iuis ? Anyone has experience with IUI or IVF with Dr SF Loh from Thomson care to share ?
Been ttcing for 2.5yrs already with a MC.

Hi ! Am new here to motherhood forum. I have pcos.
I had a failed IUI done with my gynae and for 2nd iui , she increased my letrozole dosage to 5mg but my follicles still grow so slowly and i only ovulated on cd 28. My periods seemed to be longer after taking letrozole. Usually it is between 30-35 days with no letrozole (natural). I had 2 LH Peak and due to this miscalculation i missed my 2nd IUI. I was thinking to embark into IVF journey this year and skip the 2nd iui. I understand some doctors dont want to do for patient unless they failed 3 iuis ? Anyone has experience with IUI or IVF with Dr SF Loh from Thomson care to share ?
Been ttcing for 2.5yrs already with a MC.

We never try iui but doctor straight ask us go to IVF. We done in KKH.

Hi everyone...has anyone done any surgery to remove fibroids before? Am just wondering what is the success rate of conceiving after the surgery? And have to wait for how long? I'm 40 this year and half way with IVF. Doc says the fibroids will affect the implantation. Hope to hear from someone who has the same situation as me. None of my friends done IVF and am really clueless.

Hi everyone...has anyone done any surgery to remove fibroids before? Am just wondering what is the success rate of conceiving after the surgery? And have to wait for how long? I'm 40 this year and half way with IVF. Doc says the fibroids will affect the implantation. Hope to hear from someone who has the same situation as me. None of my friends done IVF and am really clueless.

I’ve done fibroids removal before and had to wait about 6 months for FET. Didn’t succeed for that FET post fibroids removal though

Probably depends on the size and location of the fibroids and whether they are the cause of failed implantation

I’ve done fibroids removal before and had to wait about 6 months for FET. Didn’t succeed for that FET post fibroids removal though

Probably depends on the size and location of the fibroids and whether they are the cause of failed implantation

Thanks for your reply..wow that's really long...age is biggest factor...I have multiple fibroids and one size at 3.5 cm..doc asking us to consider to do a keyhole..

Thanks for your reply..wow that's really long...age is biggest factor...I have multiple fibroids and one size at 3.5 cm..doc asking us to consider to do a keyhole..

The thing with fibroid is they will grow again. And there are a few types of fibroids. Those that grow into the uterine cavity de will most likely affect implantation the most. The risk of scarring is also another concern.

But if u have tried a few cycles with no success, then probably it’s worth a try.

Hi did dr loh advise you to do keyhole? If its dr loh, think he will tell you its inter cavity fabriod or intramural fabriod or submuscal fabriod.ya as dreamscometrue mention, whether fabriod affects implantatio depends on the type of fabriod, its location n its size

Would like to ask anyone did fet without medication? Would like to know at which day u managed to transfer. Thanks

I will remove it. u don’t want to start a cycle with this fibroid thingy at the back of your mind. Yes even though some fibroids are at a position that will not hinder implantation but with the progress of pregnancy the fibroid may grow bigger as well. Lap surgery in my opinion is a good option to take this chance to clean up the womb. A skillful dr will not scar your lining. I understand your concern for age catching up. You can discuss with dr if it’s possible to do stim jab and retrieved the eggs and freeze them while u proceed for Lap surgery. Once u recovered u can do FET. Lap surgery is not as scary and I can go back to my routine after few days.

To add on I have many friends who bfp after lap surgery naturally. I did not bfp immediately after the surgery but a clean womb makes me feel better and at least I know it’s something else that I have to work on and not the womb condition. I did bfp after hysterscopy to remove fibroid while doing lining scratching. Yes fibroid grow again :-( so don’t wait too long to cycle after surgery

Would like to ask anyone did fet without medication? Would like to know at which day u managed to transfer. Thanks

Fet without medication depends on your ovulation cycle. If u know your cycle well it should be easy to estimate. My ovulation is around day 11 to 13 so I will go for scan on day 10 n once LH surge dr will arrange for transfer. If it’s a blast plus five days.

Fet without medication depends on your ovulation cycle. If u know your cycle well it should be easy to estimate. My ovulation is around day 11 to 13 so I will go for scan on day 10 n once LH surge dr will arrange for transfer. If it’s a blast plus five days.
Thanks bunny33.

Hi did dr loh advise you to do keyhole? If its dr loh, think he will tell you its inter cavity fabriod or intramural fabriod or submuscal fabriod.ya as dreamscometrue mention, whether fabriod affects implantatio depends on the type of fabriod, its location n its size

Yeah he kinda give us the options to consider. But at that time I didn't ask him what type am I. I didn't know there's so many types. Will ask him on my next visit.

Thanks for all your replies...it means a lot to me.

Yeah he kinda give us the options to consider. But at that time I didn't ask him what type am I. I didn't know there's so many types. Will ask him on my next visit.

All e best. You are just hittijg 40 or over 40? Did loh discourage you to plunge into ivf? He sort of discourage me as that time i went to him i am 41, and i have poor previous results

I'd suggest you get a second opinion and be clear on the kind of fibroids.
on my first visit to Dr Loh, he immediately suggested I do surgery (unrelated to fibroids) even though Dr THH said it was not necessary earlier and we checked again later. We felt Dr Loh was just pushing for us to spend more $$$ to "increase our chances".

I'd suggest you get a second opinion and be clear on the kind of fibroids.
on my first visit to Dr Loh, he immediately suggested I do surgery (unrelated to fibroids) even though Dr THH said it was not necessary earlier and we checked again later. We felt Dr Loh was just pushing for us to spend more $$$ to "increase our chances".
Mmmmmm he didn’t feel mine is necessary but I push for it. I don’t think he is the money minded dr because he waive off some of my consultation charges n is very encouraging during my ttc journey.
N when I want to cycle at Kkh he helped me write a letter to refer me. I don’t think it’s fair to say he want u to spend $$$. Every dr have their own protocol n judgement.

Last edited:
Mmmmmm he didn’t feel mine is necessary but I push for it. I don’t think he is the money minded dr because he waive off some of my consultation charges n is very encouraging during my ttc journey.
N when I want to cycle at Kkh he helped me write a letter to refer me. I don’t think it’s fair to say he want u to spend $$$. Every dr have their own protocol n judgement.
I do second with bunny's thoughts. I do agree that dr loh is a good and very experienced doctor, just that you must be able to tahan his frankness and style. Like for my case, i have a fabriod near cavity but he didnt push for a lap due to i got no luxury of age to wait another 6 months. Yes though he discourage me for cycling as he feels my chances not high, i think he presented me with the facts and reality of my ttc challenges for our difficult case. Though i didnt do icsi with him, but from his diagnosis and scanning, i can feel that he is an experienced and competant doctor

And to kelly ng, dr loh will tell u e type of fabriid when you ask him. Else u can check his scanning paper, inside should got write.

If dr loh no say nono to you, properly yr chance is still there. Good luck!

Last edited:

Kelly,
Some ivf drs will suggest us to clean out any undesirable stuffs within our uterus as it may improve our BFP chances. Every patient is different and as long as we are under the knife, we are exposing ourselves to unprecedented risks. I saw how a few of my IVF friends’ AMH levels was affected, or endometrium lining affected after such procedures. These procedures were suppose to increase their chances but turned out otherwise. Was definitely a double whammy for them. But there are some ladies who BFP after these procedures. So it all depends on your comfort level with the Dr Loh’s suggestion. If you are procrastinating, look for a second opinion before deciding.

Good Luck !

Last edited:
I do second with bunny's thoughts. I do agree that dr loh is a good and very experienced doctor, just that you must be able to tahan his frankness and style. Like for my case, i have a fabriod near cavity but he didnt push for a lap due to i got no luxury of age to wait another 6 months. Yes though he discourage me for cycling as he feels my chances not high, i think he presented me with the facts and reality of my ttc challenges for our difficult case. Though i didnt do icsi with him, but from his diagnosis and scanning, i can feel that he is an experienced and competant doctor

And to kelly ng, dr loh will tell u e type of fabriid when you ask him. Else u can check his scanning paper, inside should got write.

If dr loh no say nono to you, properly yr chance is still there. Good luck!

I totally agree cause that was my expected impression which was why I chose to go to him as a potential option outside of kkh. but somehow after that session, the impression we got was completely different. was quite upset about that. of course for any dr, not everyone has the same impression and opinion.

I totally agree cause that was my expected impression which was why I chose to go to him as a potential option outside of kkh. but somehow after that session, the impression we got was completely different. was quite upset about that. of course for any dr, not everyone has the same impression and opinion.
He also makes me quite upset also. And that time i go lagi worse, many people waiting n e nurse or ah ma wanna brush me away from the room fast. But after thinking, i think somehow wat he says got a point. Thats y i feel if go to him,-must be able to tahan his style. For art, i think success only belong to those who persevere n hang on to the end. Must be very tough ladies. N important also chemistry with the doc.

Mich Ng,jiayou

Hi..need help. I am on Crinone 8% Gel and i think AF just started. KKIVF centre already closed. My BT is wednesday. Should i still continue Crinone? TIA.

Hi..need help. I am on Crinone 8% Gel and i think AF just started. KKIVF centre already closed. My BT is wednesday. Should i still continue Crinone? TIA.

Just continue your Crinone and go down for an early BT if it’s your full AF. You can call kkivf tmr to ask for early BT, though previously I didn’t call and just went down to do BT before the scheduled BT.

Just continue your Crinone and go down for an early BT if it’s your full AF. You can call kkivf tmr to ask for early BT, though previously I didn’t call and just went down to do BT before the scheduled BT.
Thank you havingfaithh. I will call them tomorrow morning. I guess it's a fail cycle. :(

Just to check does anyone know where else can I buy Crinone at a lower rate ? Or can this be claimed via medisave when we purchase at example NUH pharmacy

Just to check does anyone know where else can I buy Crinone at a lower rate ? Or can this be claimed via medisave when we purchase at example NUH pharmacy
if you have not maxed out your medisave allowance for IVF, you can use it. I suspect you will need a prescription.

Dear all,

I am thinking to give a try on my 1 n only frozen embryo but when I went for my yearly check up last ww with my usual gyne, he told me he found a cyst of 3cm in womb (I hv endometriosis)

Was wondering did any1 done FET still with cyst or must surgery 1st to remove den can go ahead w try for FET? As am concern abt the downtime after surgery n am already 40

Thanks in advance for all advices and answers

My neighbor is selling her Crinone. Do you want me to link her up with you? Cause she had some pregnancy issues and the doctor prescribed her for support. But she has excess.

Back