1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

IVF/ICSI Support Group

Discussion in 'Matters Of The Heart' started by tomatoes, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Yummy858

Yummy858 Member

Hi all. I am back again in my 3rd fresh cycle. But not getting hopeful. Was thinking how to proceed next if this cycle gonna fail me again. i'm gg 43 soon and what i understand for ppl above 40, we only have 5 chances of ivf. Afterwhich, may have to sought approval from MOH to continue. Would you suggest that i stay on with KKH or go pte???

2. Dreamscometrue

Dreamscometrue Well-Known Member

I would suggest pte since already no more subsidy..

But u already started your 3rd cycle?

3. Worrisomegirl

Worrisomegirl Member

I tested using clear blue at 15dp2dt, bfn.. just left with one frozen embryo.. I am with KKH, any idea how soon after can I go for FET? And how to improve egg quality? Thanks

4. Yummy858

Yummy858 Member

hi, yes. Nw in my tww. Already 10dp2dt. But like keep feeling wet and like AF coming. so sianz...

5. Dreamscometrue

If your currently on fresh transfer, then maybe wait for 2-3 cycles. If u did FET, u can do the next FET after 1-2 cycles

hajar and Worrisomegirl like this.
  6. Dreamscometrue

Can do home test in about 2-3 days. All the best!

7. Bunny33

Bunny33 Well-Known Member

U can still do ivf after 40 just no Govt subsidy. Spore do not allow ivf after 45 but u can appeal with the help of your gynae. He/she can write in to Moh to appeal but subject to approval. If there are no more subsidy just go pte.

8. Rebeccazoe

Rebeccazoe New Member

Hi anybody knows if I can still get subsidy if I switch from private to public hospital?

9. Dreamscometrue

Yes if u haven used up any yet

Rebeccazoe likes this.
  10. Yummy858

Yummy858 Member

Anyone has recommendation if i choose to go pte? which docs are better? and roughly what will the charges be like?

11. Alishablond

Alishablond Active Member

Good reviews about Virtus fertility Dr Ronald, $S35k two stim and one transfer.
    I think all Pte roughly that price.

12. littlezhu

littlezhu New Member

my menses came, went for blood test came back negative, spoke to the embryologist only 1 out of 5 embryos make it to freeze so the quality of my eggs are not ideal at all! Any idea how to improve on egg quality before i proceed for 2nd fresh few mths time?

13. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

Can try ubiquinol and dhea to improve egg quality

Worrisomegirl likes this.
  14. Worrisomegirl

Worrisomegirl Member

Can I check which brand of ubiquinol did u take? Thanks

15. Excited daddy

Excited daddy Active Member

Try Royal Jelly. We did took raw Royal Jelly after failed of first cycle.. subsequent cycle egg quality improved a lot

littlezhu likes this.
  16. Excited daddy

Excited daddy Active Member

17. littlezhu

littlezhu New Member

18. MichNg

MichNg Well-Known Member

please check with your doctor if you can consume DHEA and Royal Jelly as it's not suitable for all. e.g. those with PCOS

littlezhu likes this.
  19. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

I took 2 x 300mg per day

Attached Files:

Worrisomegirl likes this.
  20. connie_hopeful

connie_hopeful Well-Known Member

This is also maybi not suitable for all. Best to check with gynae on ubiquibol and dhea if you are suitalbe for it before taking.

21. joy12

joy12 New Member

Hi i have many boxes of clexane 0.2ml to bless, pm me if youre keen to have them :)

22. Dreamscometrue

For me Low dose stimulation works. Tcm, and whatever supplement/ food didn’t help. So really depends on individual

23. hopehope

hopehope Member

Hi, can i check using dr tan siew buoy electric pot, how long did you all take to brew the medicine?

Thanks.

24. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

You can still do ivf regardless in Govt or private hospital. Just that the Govt subsidies is capped at 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycle & Medisave is being capped at 15k per lifetime. If all is being exhausted, u just need to cough up all in cold cash regardless in private or Govt hospital .

I read that someone does 8 or 10 tries in ivf. Only 45 yo & above have to seek permission from ministry of health

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 10:26 PM
  25. Rebeccazoe

Rebeccazoe New Member

Around 3hrs for both rounds

26. littlezhu

littlezhu New Member

I agree really vary among individual, i did TCM before the cycle to build up my body cos my immune was very low last time, now i feel better cos i seldom fall sick now as compare to last time. I have PCOS so my egg quality is really bad which can see from the first cycle. I will check with my ivf doc to see how the next cycle protocol/stimm should go and any supplements to take when i see her in March. Jia you ladies don give up!!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 10:29 AM
    babylovely likes this.
  27. MichNg

MichNg Well-Known Member

PCOS cannot take DHEA and royal jelly. I also have same issues and checked this with THH before. I tried ubiquinol but doesn't make much difference for me. some research say maybe the dosage not enough but I get some side effects if dosage is too high. so cannot conclude personally on ubiquinol.

28. littlezhu

littlezhu New Member

Thank you for highlighting :) any supplements you taking? what is the dosage for the ubiquinol you took and what side effects?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM
  29. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

Or maybe u wanna try tcm to tiao instead?

30. Bunny33

Bunny33 Well-Known Member

I believe in gluten free diet n no harm trying. An expat Friend ttc for many yrs and failed ivf many times. She switched to gluten free diet n BFP naturally. I also have my first ever implantation after doing many cycles. Can give it a try. It’s good for overall health as well

Almondearie and connie_hopeful like this.
  31. MichNg

MichNg Well-Known Member

currently not taking anything cause I'm on break between cycles.
    Common side effects: Nausea, loss of appetite, upset stomach, diarrhea, dizziness.

32. niece

niece Active Member

Hi MichNg, can I know what was the reason thh told u y pcos can't take DHEA?

33. Yummy858

Yummy858 Member

today already 13dp2dt. used home pregnancy test kit for the past 2 nights are -ve. Can i then confirmed that its a -ve again this round????

34. MichNg

MichNg Well-Known Member

littlezhu likes this.
  35. Dreamscometrue

Blood test is still the most accurate. Just Hope for the best and be prepared for the worse.

All the best!

hajar likes this.
  36. afyn

afyn Member

Hi ladies, i'm wondering if there is any of u whos doing/done endo scratch for their IVF in NUH?

37. Dreamscometrue

I’ve done 2x. Once BFP, the next one BFN

38. bluedell88

bluedell88 New Member

Hi, Im with SGH CARE and seeing Dr Yu for my first IVF which unfortunately was BFN.
    She is very stern looking but nice to talk to.
    U will only see her during consultation, ER and ET as she is usually very busy.
    The nurses at CARE are great!

Will be seeing her again for the review for the failed IVF and seeking advise on what to do next.