IVF/ICSI Support Group

For me Low dose stimulation works. Tcm, and whatever supplement/ food didn’t help. So really depends on individual

I agree really vary among individual, i did TCM before the cycle to build up my body cos my immune was very low last time, now i feel better cos i seldom fall sick now as compare to last time. I have PCOS so my egg quality is really bad which can see from the first cycle. I will check with my ivf doc to see how the next cycle protocol/stimm should go and any supplements to take when i see her in March. Jia you ladies don give up!!

Last edited:

I agree really vary among individual, i did TCM before the cycle to build up my body cos my immune was very low last time, now i feel better cos i seldom fall sick now as compare to last time. I have PCOS so my egg quality is really bad which can see from the first cycle. I will check with my ivf doc to see how the next cycle protocol/stimm should go and any supplements to take when i see her in March. Jia you ladies don give up!!
PCOS cannot take DHEA and royal jelly. I also have same issues and checked this with THH before. I tried ubiquinol but doesn't make much difference for me. some research say maybe the dosage not enough but I get some side effects if dosage is too high. so cannot conclude personally on ubiquinol.

PCOS cannot take DHEA and royal jelly. I also have same issues and checked this with THH before. I tried ubiquinol but doesn't make much difference for me. some research say maybe the dosage not enough but I get some side effects if dosage is too high. so cannot conclude personally on ubiquinol.

Thank you for highlighting :) any supplements you taking? what is the dosage for the ubiquinol you took and what side effects?

Last edited:
today already 13dp2dt. used home pregnancy test kit for the past 2 nights are -ve. Can i then confirmed that its a -ve again this round????

Hi. Anyone did ivf with SGH Dr Yu Su Ling before? Any feedbacks? Thank you :)

Hi, Im with SGH CARE and seeing Dr Yu for my first IVF which unfortunately was BFN.
She is very stern looking but nice to talk to.
U will only see her during consultation, ER and ET as she is usually very busy.
The nurses at CARE are great!

Will be seeing her again for the review for the failed IVF and seeking advise on what to do next.

Hi, anyone from kkh can advise me if sat my full flow first day and I didn’t manage to call thru, can I still proceed for fet with this cycle?

I’ve done 2x. Once BFP, the next one BFN
hi.. do u happen to recall when exactly was the endo scratch done? I'm most like gonna hv to do a frozen cycle later on. I hv not started any med/stim yet.

In NUH , I understands that the schedule is to take Norethisteroneon on ur CD18 (for 5-14days) so that NUH can "reschedule" ur cycle. During the consultation previously the nurse did mention endo scratch can be done on day 14.
Is it CD14 before i take the Norethisteroneon or day 14 while taking the Norethisteroneon ?

hi.. do u happen to recall when exactly was the endo scratch done? I'm most like gonna hv to do a frozen cycle later on. I hv not started any med/stim yet.

In NUH , I understands that the schedule is to take Norethisteroneon on ur CD18 (for 5-14days) so that NUH can "reschedule" ur cycle. During the consultation previously the nurse did mention endo scratch can be done on day 14.
Is it CD14 before i take the Norethisteroneon or day 14 while taking the Norethisteroneon ?

Can’t recall. Best to call CHR and ask whenever in doubt

Hi everyone..am a new member here...I am going for my very first cycle soon. May I know if anyone here can share if there's any effect when I start the first jab. Desk bound work still be alright?

Hi everyone..am a new member here...I am going for my very first cycle soon. May I know if anyone here can share if there's any effect when I start the first jab. Desk bound work still be alright?

Personally, for me, work has no issues.
Except sometimes u will feel bloated.
Other than that, I have no other issues and can still work as per normal.

Thanks..am just worried that I may need to take emergency leave...do we need to be on any special diet?

I did not take any emergency leave or MC during the injection period as I was feeling fine.
But as the hospital requires scans in the morning and sometimes returning back to the hospital in the afternoon to take additional medication, my office needs to know about my situation. I had to report to work later than usual and step out in the afternoon.
You can ask the hospital for something like time-sheet to proof that you were in the hospital at that period of time. Btw, I'm at SGH CARE.

So for diet wise, I was not that particular. I mainly refrained from those "liang" stuff like cold drinks and raw stuff like sashimi.

I did not take any emergency leave or MC during the injection period as I was feeling fine.
But as the hospital requires scans in the morning and sometimes returning back to the hospital in the afternoon to take additional medication, my office needs to know about my situation. I had to report to work later than usual and step out in the afternoon.
You can ask the hospital for something like time-sheet to proof that you were in the hospital at that period of time. Btw, I'm at SGH CARE.

So for diet wise, I was not that particular. I mainly refrained from those "liang" stuff like cold drinks and raw stuff like sashimi.

U can ask for MC when u go back to do scanning

U can ask for MC when u go back to do scanning

I didn't try again.
But if I'm not wrong I overheard one of the nurses telling the patient cannot. Only consultation then can.
Not very affirmative on this though because I ask because if I keep asking for MC very fast use finish my quota. :D

I didn't try again.
But if I'm not wrong I overheard one of the nurses telling the patient cannot. Only consultation then can.
Not very affirmative on this though because I ask because if I keep asking for MC very fast use finish my quota. :D

our experience is every time scan will follow up to see doctor to explain the scanning outcome.. so the doctor will ask u need Mc? Haha

our experience is every time scan will follow up to see doctor to explain the scanning outcome.. so the doctor will ask u need Mc? Haha

Oh.
For me, they will just scan and let us go.
They will show the scan to the doctor and then call us later in the day to advise the dosage for the injection.

Oh.
For me, they will just scan and let us go.
They will show the scan to the doctor and then call us later in the day to advise the dosage for the injection.

I see. Mean u will get a lot dosage first scan?

In KKH, they will give u exactly the dosage for first 6 days, then next scan they will give u again the dosage for coming few days (lets say they ask u back 2 days then give us 2 days dosage only)

I see. Mean u will get a lot dosage first scan?

In KKH, they will give u exactly the dosage for first 6 days, then next scan they will give u again the dosage for coming few days (lets say they ask u back 2 days then give us 2 days dosage only)

Yup, similar to KKH. SGH will give almost the exact dosage and ask u to come back again for scan.
On the day of the scan, after scanning, sometimes the nurse will advise on much more exact dosage to take from the pharmacy.
On some occasions, they will scan in the morning and ask u to come back in the afternoon for the dosage.
For my case, I only see the Doctor during consultation, ER n ET. Won't get to see her during scans.

no, means another dr will perform the ET instead. The embryos are already frozen

I was contemplating to postpone yet another month so that Dr Tan can perform the transfer for me. Cause I’m phobic of rough doctors, had a bad experience with a female gynae from kkh many years ago.

But I calculate liao, may just catch him before his absence. I forgot how long it usually takes from day 1 to transfer... ?

I was contemplating to postpone yet another month so that Dr Tan can perform the transfer for me. Cause I’m phobic of rough doctors, had a bad experience with a female gynae from kkh many years ago.

But I calculate liao, may just catch him before his absence. I forgot how long it usually takes from day 1 to transfer... ?
should be approx. 15 days, midway of your menses cycle.

My first scan was on CD14, started progesterone on CD15, transfer on CD19.

Hi,

Can i check if KHH will call to inform if there are no fertilised egg to transfer instead of only informing when we go down on 2 days after egg retrieval?

Hi all,

MOH has replied to me that since I went thru' IUI before Aug04. It will be considered as my 2nd attempt if I go for IVF/ICSI in Nov04.

I will need to talk to my RE on how can I not declare my IUI that was done before.

Westbb,
I would advise you to make sure you take down the name of the nurse who told you that you can claim $6K. So that if there's anything wrong with the medisave claim, you can say that you are provided with wrong information.
happy.gif

CT,
Is your counselling session at your gynae's clinic itself
happy.gif
Ivf after 40 years old no subsidy is it?

Hi,

Can i check if KHH will call to inform if there are no fertilised egg to transfer instead of only informing when we go down on 2 days after egg retrieval?

KKH won’t call you on that or if you call they will not disclose to you. Always need personally at hospital and doctor will explain to you

Hi,

KKH won’t call you on that or if you call they will not disclose to you. Always need personally at hospital and doctor will explain to you

Back