IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes it made a lot of difference for me. I was on gonal f and menopur for my 2nd fresh, lining was almost 9mm during around CD13/14 but it was only 5.6mm during the same period for my fet. Did ask kkh doc and mentioned that the jabs we took indeed helped with the lining too. However it grew a bit too thick during my scheduled ET day and Doc advised not to transfer.

Hi twinkleshinemeow, did the dr say how thick is too thick? It's so confusing. On one hand they want it to be above 8mm, yet if too thick cannot also :(

Hi twinkleshinemeow, did the dr say how thick is too thick? It's so confusing. On one hand they want it to be above 8mm, yet if too thick cannot also :(
I think it depends more on ur progesterone level. Anything above 4.5 is considered too high to do transfer. I'm not sure if high progesterone equals to lining too thick though. For kkh they won't measure the lining anymore once ER is scheduled, will only based on the blood test they took before the ER to determine whether to transfer. R u also with kkh?

I think it depends more on ur progesterone level. Anything above 4.5 is considered too high to do transfer. I'm not sure if high progesterone equals to lining too thick though. For kkh they won't measure the lining anymore once ER is scheduled, will only based on the blood test they took before the ER to determine whether to transfer. R u also with kkh?

Oh understand! Sorry I haven't started ET yet, was reading all your posts and planning for ivf. Stocking up on the food like red bean, longan, red dates. Still waiting for my appointment. :)

Anyone can share how many days Hospitaliz leave is given after embryo transfer ?

I got difficulty to share my ivf journey to my boss...i feel this is my privacy so i dont have to manage this issue ...

Please share your view and experience ... thanks

Anyone can share how many days Hospitaliz leave is given after embryo transfer ?

I got difficulty to share my ivf journey to my boss...i feel this is my privacy so i dont have to manage this issue ...

I got appx 3 weeks from er day.

For kkh
Fresh cycle till blood test Hl abt 2weeks
Frozen cycle Hl 3days But able to extend depends on dr aproval

Started on my 2nd fresh cycle ytd. Any cycle buddies?

I always hope for the best every time i started be it IUI/IVF but always end up with dissappointment.

How is the doctor ? Is she good? Her queue is very long.

She is strict. U must follow her instructions else she will scold u.
Her queue is long but well organized. The assistant will tell u wat time to return once u are on the queue.
She has many successes but I haven't succeed with viable pregnancy under her. Cross fingers.

Any sister heard about Tan siew boey from Healthy and beauty PL at upper cross street, can share ?

i went to her a few yrs back. took 1 yr of tcm but still no news end up go ivf. i suggest u go do a body check up first then see where go wrong then go back find her better. if not like me waste 1 yr on tcm

She is strict. U must follow her instructions else she will scold u.
Her queue is long but well organized. The assistant will tell u wat time to return once u are on the queue.
She has many successes but I haven't succeed with viable pregnancy under her. Cross fingers.
Hi sister , thank you for your reply. My issue is egg quality issue, I heard she has many success cases. Ya I called yesterday and told i can only go in mid of sep.

i went to her a few yrs back. took 1 yr of tcm but still no news end up go ivf. i suggest u go do a body check up first then see where go wrong then go back find her better. if not like me waste 1 yr on tcm
My issue is egg quality issue. I have done a few test already. All fine. Have failed 2 fresh cycle and 1 FET, Dr concluded that it is egg quality issue.in the previous 2 fresh cycles, no implementation at all. even thought Dr prescribed me the supplements, a few mths later , it seems that no improvement in egg quality as well. I know that is hard to improve .
Any sister got the same issue with me?

My issue is egg quality issue. I have done a few test already. All fine. Have failed 2 fresh cycle and 1 FET, Dr concluded that it is egg quality issue.in the previous 2 fresh cycles, no implementation at all. even thought Dr prescribed me the supplements, a few mths later , it seems that no improvement in egg quality as well. I know that is hard to improve .

How to determine its egg issues and confirm there wasn't implantation? Mind sharing what was your yield like for the two fresh like?

My case is i got immature egg. My egg doesn grow at all n after that i increase the dosage then turn up ok. Maybe u can ask the tcm hw to improve the egg quality. Meantime take supplements like royal jelly n coq10? My frien recommend say coq10 is good n she take not long conceive naturally

I did take Coq 10 for a few months already before ER this round. As for Royal jelly, I feel like it is not suitable for me bcos I feel like my breast pain before period come when I take royal jelly , that was I stop , I also took DHEA before, but seems doesn't work on me too.

How to determine its egg issues and confirm there wasn't implantation? Mind sharing what was your yield like for the two fresh like?
Hi sister, the embryologist will tell you if your egg got issues, they can find. As for implantation , after 2ww wait when u did blood test ,my beta below 1 is most likely implantation issue.

I did take Coq 10 for a few months already before ER this round. As for Royal jelly, I feel like it is not suitable for me bcos I feel like my breast pain before period come when I take royal jelly , that was I stop , I also took DHEA before, but seems doesn't work on me too.

Yr embryos quality improved after taking COQ10? U took Ubiquinol?

It is migrate Q10 prescribed by Dr , dun noe what type is it. Dun think my egg quality .embryologist commented that my egg quality no good .

I also had egg quality issues and we need our dr to get the right stimulation protocol to produce the golden embryo.

One of my fresh cycles i had a handful follicles but only 1 poor quality blastocyst which everyone was doubtful that i will bfp with that blast . my dr subsequently adjusted my last fresh cycle stimulation protocol and i got much better quality blastocysts.

CoQ10 - ubiquinol needs to be consumed in high dosage over a period of 3-6 months to see its effectiveness.

Ivf is a high stack gambling game. As long as we are still producing follicles n with ok endo, press on.

I also had egg quality issues and we need our dr to get the right stimulation protocol to produce the golden embryo.

One of my fresh cycles i had a handful follicles but only 1 poor quality blastocyst which everyone was doubtful that i will bfp with that blast . my dr subsequently adjusted my last fresh cycle stimulation protocol and i got much better quality blastocysts.

CoQ10 - ubiquinol needs to be consumed in high dosage over a period of 3-6 months to see its effectiveness.

Ivf is a high stack gambling game. As long as we are still producing follicles n with ok endo, press on.

What adjustment dr did for u? Did u bfp after that? What dosage of ubiquinol is best to consume?

How many follicles did you retrieved this round ?where did you buy your CoQ10?

Any sister heard about Tan siew boey from Healthy and beauty PL at upper cross street, can share ?

Hi, I was with this Dr Tan SB for 1 year plus. My friend conceive naturally with her. However, she threatened to stop seeing me and started giving me very sarcastic remarks when she found out that I was doing IVF with Prof PC WONG. She really detest him.

To me, she lacks the compassion and empathy as a doctor. When I failed my first IVF, I went to see her. She was so sacarstic and crude in her words. She looked at her phone for good 3 min, ignoring me when I asked her questions. Then she told me, "you go ask Prof lah, since u wanto see Prof." Then she added, "here I help those who wants to conceive naturally, not through IVF". She refused to tell me anything about my condition. Just prescribe medication and asked me to go.

I did not crywhen i got my BFN news. But I cried for the first time as I stepped out of her room.

Anyway, she won't give you any tcm support once you start on IVF stimulation. You may want to consider tcm doctors that are willing to complement IVF treatment.

I changed my tcm doctor to Dr Tan Kian Sing from Clementi and he complemented the IVF treatment with daily acupuncture and medication during stimulation. He will also help you to try to conceive naturally while waiting for IVF queue. I'm now 28 weeks pregnant from my 2nd fresh.

I know there are other tcm doctors that will do likewise and complement the IVF treatment.

I don't really log in to write in forum these days. But I really do not want you to waste your time on the wrong doc. Time is so precious to us.

Hi, I was with this Dr Tan SB for 1 year plus. My friend conceive naturally with her. However, she threatened to stop seeing me and started giving me very sarcastic remarks when she found out that I was doing IVF with Prof PC WONG. She really detest him.

To me, she lacks the compassion and empathy as a doctor. When I failed my first IVF, I went to see her. She was so sacarstic and crude in her words. She looked at her phone for good 3 min, ignoring me when I asked her questions. Then she told me, "you go ask Prof lah, since u wanto see Prof." Then she added, "here I help those who wants to conceive naturally, not through IVF". She refused to tell me anything about my condition. Just prescribe medication and asked me to go.

I did not crywhen i got my BFN news. But I cried for the first time as I stepped out of her room.

Anyway, she won't give you any tcm support once you start on IVF stimulation. You may want to consider tcm doctors that are willing to complement IVF treatment.

I changed my tcm doctor to Dr Tan Kian Sing from Clementi and he complemented the IVF treatment with daily acupuncture and medication during stimulation. He will also help you to try to conceive naturally while waiting for IVF queue. I'm now 28 weeks pregnant from my 2nd fresh.

I know there are other tcm doctors that will do likewise and complement the IVF treatment.

I don't really log in to write in forum these days. But I really do not want you to waste your time on the wrong doc. Time is so precious to us.
Hi sister , thank you for sharing . Then I should consider not to see her since her focus is on natural and not IVF patients. I also dun want to pay for scold .

Not really leh i see her for abt 1 yr and she even recommend the ivf doc to us but we couldn find the name she recommend end up we find the doc ourselves. She's quite supportive of mi go for ivf

I agree with snow19. Been seeing her also bout a yr plus. She did not pour any cold water when i mention i m on ivf. I also with prof wong. She explain the reason why she cant prescribe medication while on ivf to me. Is not her issue. But more on prof is not sure what is inside the tcm medicine so he do not give the green light to consume.
So far Tan siew buoy med work fine on me except bit heaty. It gave me the first bfp i ever had nonetheless is an etopic one.
When i saw her after my etopic, she still agree to continue to see me. She is v frank and straightforward person. Can b blunt at times but is for our own gd. This is my personal experience with her. Even my hubby still wan to continue with her instead of switching tcm.

Reactions: ACB

Back