IVF/ICSI Support Group

Anyone under TCM Dr.zou at AMK, she is going for holiday from tomorrow onwards, and tomorrow is my ER, shall i still continue to accup after ER by her relieve TCM Dr. Feel no confident on her older relieve tcm. What is sisters view if i should continue accup after ER and ET?

Im so sad. Lining is at 6.6mm on cd9 today and doctor said need to have at least 10mm by next tues on cd 14 or else frozen embyro transfer has to schedule to next mth. Boohoo... Sad sad.. How to increase lining??? Drink red bean soup everyday.. Do i still have time to catch up??

Y need 10mm for ET? I thought 8mm is enough.

Just wanna ask if anyone has been doing exercising regularly before IVF and still doing it during the 2ww?

I was running until early part of stimulation, switched to swimming until ER and ET. Didn't exercise for about 1 week post ET, after that did light exercises like walking when my discomfort from the procedures decreased.

Physical activities are fine as it helps in blood circulation, however listen to your body and avoid high-impact high-intensity exercises due to potential ovarian torsion (as ovaries will be swollen during stimulation and at least a few days post ET).

The bloating is bad, anyway to get rid of it? Could it still be due to OHSS (I had blood test and it came back normal) or maybe the crinone?

It was bad yesterday and got worse today. My tummy is literally hard even 2cm above my belly button and my hubby commented I looked 4months pregnant!

Last edited:
The bloating is bad, anyway to get rid of it? Could it still be due to OHSS (I had blood test and it came back normal) or maybe the crinone?

It was bad yesterday and got worse today. My tummy is literally hard even 2cm above my belly button and my hubby commented I looked 4months pregnant!
Mild ohss is possible. My previous fresh I was at risk of ohss. Drink ginger tea and take more solid egg whites to help curb the bloating. If your belly continues to grow bigger and u gain weight please contact your Hospi and check

Anyone under TCM Dr.zou at AMK, she is going for holiday from tomorrow onwards, and tomorrow is my ER, shall i still continue to accup after ER by her relieve TCM Dr. Feel no confident on her older relieve tcm. What is sisters view if i should continue accup after ER and ET?
Oh I didn't know dr Zou will be away.. The older dr, dr Huang I feel no good. But dr Qiu I find is pretty ok

It may be late-onset OHSS. I'm experiencing the same - tummy distension, breathlessness when walking fast or climbing stairs. My first scan 2 days ago showed my ovaries are still enlarged and there's fluid in tummy. Thankfully I don't need to be hospitalized, just continue monitoring on own.

Unfortunately in cases of pregnancy this will last for a couple of weeks, may be up to end of first trimester. Maintain a high-fluid (non-carbonated isotonics are good), high protein diet. Take things slow. As h0peful mentioned, if tummy grows bigger (try to measure your tummy girth everyday) and there's weight increase everyday, accompanied by worsening discomfort, please contact your IVF centre.

Mild ohss is possible. My previous fresh I was at risk of ohss. Drink ginger tea and take more solid egg whites to help curb the bloating. If your belly continues to grow bigger and u gain weight please contact your Hospi and check
Thanks! I need more protein food then. My bloating went away after ET.. But returned the day before..

It may be late-onset OHSS. I'm experiencing the same - tummy distension, breathlessness when walking fast or climbing stairs. My first scan 2 days ago showed my ovaries are still enlarged and there's fluid in tummy. Thankfully I don't need to be hospitalized, just continue monitoring on own.

Unfortunately in cases of pregnancy this will last for a couple of weeks, may be up to end of first trimester. Maintain a high-fluid (non-carbonated isotonics are good), high protein diet. Take things slow. As h0peful mentioned, if tummy grows bigger (try to measure your tummy girth everyday) and there's weight increase everyday, accompanied by worsening discomfort, please contact your IVF centre.
omg, pregnant will be worse??!! I already feel so tight at my belly button, can't imagine if it gets worse...! Shall go get some non carbonated isotonic.. Maybe I should just do a HPT tomorrow.. Thanks for your advice!

Hi Hope2016 and skyangel, does the tummy feel normal in the morning before any food and drink and it get worse during the day or is it consistent throughout the 24hrs that you feel bloated ?

Thanks! I need more protein food then. My bloating went away after ET.. But returned the day before..

omg, pregnant will be worse??!! I already feel so tight at my belly button, can't imagine if it gets worse...! Shall go get some non carbonated isotonic.. Maybe I should just do a HPT tomorrow.. Thanks for your advice!

A note about HPT: I first tested using ClearBlue at 9dp5dt, the line was so faint I was wondering whether I was imagining. Tested 2 days later and the line showed up clearer. So I suggest getting more than 1 HPT. :)

Hi Hope2016 and skyangel, does the tummy feel normal in the morning before any food and drink and it get worse during the day or is it consistent throughout the 24hrs that you feel bloated ?

It's throughout the day.

It's throughout the day but gets worse after having a meal. So have to keep meals small..

A note about HPT: I first tested using ClearBlue at 9dp5dt, the line was so faint I was wondering whether I was imagining. Tested 2 days later and the line showed up clearer. So I suggest getting more than 1 HPT. :)
[/QUOTE

I shall wait till Sunday, maybe AF will show up.

Hi any sister experience that went for acupuncture 6 days after ET and the doctor can judge if pregnant by taking pulse? I heard 1 case before, 3 days after transferred , the Chinese said her pulse very strong but never say if pregnant or not, finally pregnant and have a boy now.

Last edited:
Hi any sister experience that went for acupuncture 6 days after ET and the doctor can judge if pregnant by taking pulse? I heard 1 case before, 3 days after transferred , the Chinese said her pulse very strong but never say if pregnant or not, finally pregnant and have a boy now.
From what I know Tcm can only know when bb has heartbeat.. So won't be so soon

Hi Hope2016 and sky angel
I feel bloated only after first meal which is breakfast. So I am also not sure. By dinner I am very full. Transfer only on Monday.
Bad thing is I am having cough. Jus now see gp, I having slight fever too.. can only hope for the best.

Fighting everyone !

I feel bloated only after first meal which is breakfast. So I am also not sure. By dinner I am very full. Transfer only on Monday.
Bad thing is I am having cough. Jus now see gp, I having slight fever too.. can only hope for the best.

Fighting everyone !
Take care sister

Fighting everyone !
You just have ER? If so, that should be normal. I had bad bloating after ER and only subsided after 2-3 days.. It went away and came back 3 days ago (6dp5dt), I'm not sure why as well and I could feel like there is a lump near the belly button..

You just have ER? If so, that should be normal. I had bad bloating after ER and only subsided after 2-3 days.. It went away and came back 3 days ago (6dp5dt), I'm not sure why as well and I could feel like there is a lump near the belly button..
If preggy, body produces hcg which can cause OHSS to recur if you are at risk or had mild OHSS post hcg trigger jab for ER. Continue protein rich foods like egg whites, ensure adequate hydration, take electrolyte balancing drinks and rest well to alleviate OHSS. If 2cm below belly girth extends beyond 5cm or you have breathlessness, don't hesitate to contact your Ivf center for advice. All the best!

Hi Hope2016, I have et on Monday. Wow lump.. it means it is very hard.

Eh, if it's 2 lines, means that you have BFP! Why hope for AF! come on! :p
Because I'm feeling as if AF is coming this morning.. Plus there are no signs nothing.. Haha..

If preggy, body produces hcg which can cause OHSS to recur if you are at risk or had mild OHSS post hcg trigger jab for ER. Continue protein rich foods like egg whites, ensure adequate hydration, take electrolyte balancing drinks and rest well to alleviate OHSS. If 2cm below belly girth extends beyond 5cm or you have breathlessness, don't hesitate to contact your Ivf center for advice. All the best!
I had bad bloating after ER but not as bad as now (it's hard even 2 cm above my belly button). Took blood test before ET for OHSS and it was normal.. So I'm also not sure if OHSS came back or it's just bad crinone side effects. Will monitor and call the centre of it get worse.. If it's due to pregnancy, i would probably feel better! :D

I did. But the TCM won't tell you if you're preggy or not. She'll just ask you to wait for BT where the beta levels are out which is the accurate results as they wouldn't want to commit and give you any false hope either. Yup, the pulse is supposed to be v strong if indeed preggy.

I did. But the TCM won't tell you if you're preggy or not. She'll just ask you to wait for BT where the beta levels are out which is the accurate results as they wouldn't want to commit and give you any false hope either. Yup, the pulse is supposed to be v strong if indeed preggy.
ya ya.... But at least if the Dr say the pulse is strong means still hope , if not strong , can guess more or less the result Liao.....

My TCM doctor told the pulse not so strong.... Didn't say too much..... Seems I am out Liao :(

I just tested positive with the Clearblue HPT. At least now I know my bloated tummy is due to the hcg and it will get worse??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    518.6 KB · Views: 217
Yes confirm as per my previous reply. Whispering early congrats to you :)
Stay well and take very good care!
Thank you, hope it sticks, it's your message that prompt me to test.. And I think I need to call the centre tomorrow. Feeling breathless at times..

Back