IVF/ICSI Support Group

Good morning to all. I've gotten over the sadness of another bfn. Thinking it's always important to have a positive mindset! Don't know what to do next. Will b skipping the second blood test on Thursday since already full AF now. Want to root for all ladies to Jia you!!! Have a great day...

Hugs to u dear.. good to be strong n postive... well give yr body a break n enjoy the festive mood.. take care!

Good morning to all. I've gotten over the sadness of another bfn. Thinking it's always important to have a positive mindset! Don't know what to do next. Will b skipping the second blood test on Thursday since already full AF now. Want to root for all ladies to Jia you!!! Have a great day...
Dearie, do stay strong k. I do recommend to complete the BT for closure and not leave anything to chance. Nevertheless the decision lies with you. In any case, you must take good care and condition your health. Take things one step at a time. Persevere on, try your best & hope for the best while prepare for otherwise. Don't give up hope. We will be rooting for you too!

Hi sisters, I couldn't fight the urge yesterday & POAS.
Got a BFP @ 7dp3dt :)
Despite the positive lines, I have the fear since my last experience with ectopic...

Wow.. congrats! An early xmas pressie for u!!
:) now u continue eating healthy balances diet and the supplements.
Seems alot of sisters having confirmation of their bundle of joy this month! Yeah!
Grabbing you baby dusts!!

Yup but I still got the urge to keep testing!!
Congrats! That was what I did too. Wanted to know if they are still sticking with me on a daily basis. I'll keep the pee sticks and line them up together to see if the lines turn darker day by day...disgusting I know. Guess this is my home version of hcg monitoring.

I'm happy that there is a slurge of BFPs during this festive season. For those who are still trying, I pray you will not have to wait longer. I believe as long as you try your best and do not give up, miracles do happen.

Congrats! That was what I did too. Wanted to know if they are still sticking with me on a daily basis. I'll keep the pee sticks and line them up together to see if the lines turn darker day by day...disgusting I know. Guess this is my home version of hcg monitoring.

I'm happy that there is a slurge of BFPs during this festive season. For those who are still trying, I pray you will not have to wait longer. I believe as long as you try your best and do not give up, miracles do happen.

Hi Lufie,

I remember tdy is ur BT day!Got ur HCG level results yet?

Grabbing baby dusts from u..

Hi Lufie,

I remember tdy is ur BT day!Got ur HCG level results yet?

Grabbing baby dusts from u..
Yes, confirmed BFP :)

The nurse refused to tell me my HCG level despite my constant probing. She just said it's a good number and I will be told by the doctor in my appt with her 3 weeks later -_- Anyway a series of weekly blood tests and scans to follow until mid Jan, will only be considered officially "graduated" from ivf after then.

Pls update ur results tomorrow too!

The nurse refused to tell me my HCG level despite my constant probing. She just said it's a good number and I will be told by the doctor in my appt with her 3 weeks later -_- Anyway a series of weekly blood tests and scans to follow until mid Jan, will only be considered officially "graduated" from ivf after then.

Congrats!!!

Are you w dr Loh? I thot first scan is at 6 weeks?

Yeah!So so so happy for u!Great Xmas pressie!

Will update my results tmr... Hope is a positive result!Then i shall go for Xmas feasting!wahahahhah!

Here wishing u a smooth pregnancy ahead!

congrats!!! grabbing some baby dust ;)

Eh, why they don't want to reveal the hcg level? Hmmm...KKH nurse will share upon request. Very kan chiong hor!

Are you w dr Loh? I thot first scan is at 6 weeks?

I'm with Dr Hema in SGH. 3 weeks later will be week 6/7 for me.

Eh, why they don't want to reveal the hcg level? Hmmm...KKH nurse will share upon request. Very kan chiong hor!

I think maybe she doesn't want me to fuss about the number. I even went to the extent of telling her, can you tell me at least the first number of the beta? She said, >100...then later on when she reviewed with the doctor, she said >200. So I guess I wouldn't be told my next blood test results, I'll only know it when I finally see my doctor in mid-Jan. Whenever they take blood from me, they go by the "If-we-dont-call-u-you-are-okay" approach :rolleyes:

I think maybe she doesn't want me to fuss about the number. I even went to the extent of telling her, can you tell me at least the first number of the beta? She said, >100...then later on when she reviewed with the doctor, she said >200. So I guess I wouldn't be told my next blood test results, I'll only know it when I finally see my doctor in mid-Jan. Whenever they take blood from me, they go by the "If-we-dont-call-u-you-are-okay" approach :rolleyes:

Aiya, PREGNANT CAN ALREADY! Congrats!

Congratulations on getting your golden xmas pressie! Different clinic/ Hospitals have different practice. Just heed your nurse's advice. Continue to take good care and enjoy a smooth preggy journey! :)

I also with SGh, so sgh will not review numbers one? My bt 30th stillllll long way to go. BTW, u went back in pm to get med after bfp? I heard the nurse said if positive must go back, is it?

Last edited:
I also with SGh, so sgh will not review numbers one? My bt 30th stillllll long way to go. BTW, u went back in pm to get med after bfp? I heard the nurse said if positive must go back, is it?
I dunno it's just my nurse or that's their protocol. I initially thought my number sucks that's why they don't want me to worry. You see if they tell you on the 30th and you let us know?

Yes, for positive must go back. I've done my own HPT, I kinda guess my bt will be positive, so I hang ard Vivo until pm before going back to the clinic. They will assess your blood test results and decide if you (1) need further injections, or (2) continue with your inserts, or better still, (3) be off from all medication & inserts, and only focused on folic acid. Even if you are Option (3), you should still go back bcause they will book ur followup weekly appts and give u the appt slip to bring along for ur blood tests n scans.

30 Dec will come very soon! There are lotsa baby dust during this period, hope you catch them too!

I dunno it's just my nurse or that's their protocol. I initially thought my number sucks that's why they don't want me to worry. You see if they tell you on the 30th and you let us know?

Yes, for positive must go back. I've done my own HPT, I kinda guess my bt will be positive, so I hang ard Vivo until pm before going back to the clinic. They will assess your blood test results and decide if you (1) need further injections, or (2) continue with your inserts, or better still, (3) be off from all medication & inserts, and only focused on folic acid. Even if you are Option (3), you should still go back bcause they will book ur followup weekly appts and give u the appt slip to bring along for ur blood tests n scans.

30 Dec will come very soon! There are lotsa baby dust during this period, hope you catch them too!
Thanks! Yup, catching some baby dust from you and all the bpfs this month. My test is early, bec of ph, by 30th it's 9dp5dt so I don't think I dare test at home...

Mine is on thur. I understand how U feel becos I had 2 ectopic before but the desire to have bb will overcome the fear within. Sending u lotsa luck!

I feel like checking with Thomson if I could have my BT earlier, since there is a history of EP...

I feel like checking with Thomson if I could have my BT earlier, since there is a history of EP...
Perhaps u can call them and enquire. I was told we need to do a series of blood work to see if beta is increasingly nicely, if it doesn't we have to go for early scan say wk 5 to see if they can find the sac before concluding ep.

Congratulations!! Grabbing baby dusts !
Stay healthy n have a smooth pregnancy! :)

Dun feel bad Wan, we too had our BFN results at least ur family still with u, my wife have to face this alone while I am at overseas, this is double blow for her. Results was the egg quality was not that good as egg is aging. Ladies help required any way to increased quality of egg?

My heart goes out to you and yr wife. Well i actually faced it alone too with husband in office. I've not told anyone abt my IVF process hence no one in my family beside hubby knows abt this.
But hey do call yr wife and cheer her up, tell her to take a break and try again. In meantime do pamper her la. Have fun.

Lets try again till then tell her not to feel guilty.

Dun feel bad Wan, we too had our BFN results at least ur family still with u, my wife have to face this alone while I am at overseas, this is double blow for her. Results was the egg quality was not that good as egg is aging. Ladies help required any way to increased quality of egg?

My heart goes out to you and yr wife. Well i actually faced it alone too with husband in office. I've not told anyone abt my IVF process hence no one in my family beside hubby knows abt this.
But hey do call yr wife and cheer her up, tell her to take a break and try again. In meantime do pamper her la. Have fun.

I choose to do in July... Coz I'm werking.. Can't afford to go missing often. Anyway sgh under renovation soon. Juz had follow up appt wif dr Yu to see what happen coz of my fail ivf cycle. Everything is ok... Hubby sperm improve drasticly.... I need to eat healthy for my eggs. So hoping this few months I try naturally...
Hi can i ask if you dont mind, how did yr husband improve sperm? My husband has issues with his sperm quality too. So wld appreciate any advise.

Dear ladies. If im ttc can i still go for massage. As in the window of mayb 1 week b4 i ttc/ovulate..will it affect?

I personally think before e egg retrieval is fine, might be good to relax urself but perhaps avoid e abdomen area? Have to consult the rest here too though!

Hi Wan, Merry Xmas to u, still is the healing period a very quiet xmas for us both. I do not want to talk abt it as dun wan the sore point in both to be worst. But think she is pressuring herself too much as she felt another failure. Good pt is my mum in fact ask us to give up going childless because it pains to what wifey have to go thru. Anyway I guess another couple of days and all should be fine

Hi can i ask if you dont mind, how did yr husband improve sperm? My husband has issues with his sperm quality too. So wld appreciate any advise.
Hi Wanbaby... Hope it wil work for u. My hubby start taking Coq10 and went for traditional massage something like incase there might be blockage.

Merry Xmas to all!

Had my BT this morn at kkh...its bfp BUT....with borderline low HCG readings...

Was told to take support medication till Sat morn to do another BT.

I think this explain why my HPT's pink line is so faint... Nurse advised maybe is due to slow embryo implantation...im really afraid that is a f**** positive.....:(

Roller coaster ride of feeling today....From anticipating,anxious,excited to worry etc...

Hope i will receive increased Hcg levels this Saturday...

X-ing my fingers....

Merry Xmas to all!

I think this explain why my HPT's pink line is so faint... Nurse advised maybe is due to slow embryo implantation...im really afraid that is a f**** positive.....:(

Roller coaster ride of feeling today....From anticipating,anxious,excited to worry etc...

X-ing my fingers....
Dearie, it will be hard not to worry and be anxious. Still do take good care and must have ample rest. Just try your best and hope for the best. Continue to talk to and encourage your embies. What will be will be. We'll be rooting for you and your LOs!

Merry Xmas to all!

X-ing my fingers....
I'm sure you will! Dont worry and make use of this festive season to rest. When ur body is relaxed, it creates this conducive environment for ur baby to grow. Jiayou! :)

Back