IVF/ICSI Support Group

I'm not sure what they are going to do at O&G. My beta is 9 days away from tdy. U think they might do the blood test tdy and if yes, will result be taken as conclusive? Alr did a hpt (albeit expired) this morning with first morning pee, it's those high sensitivity 10miu kind. Its BFN...
My advise is to call them if the flow turns fresh red or heavier. If is really af (hope not! ) they will be forced to do bt early for u regardless. I think. Hang in there.

I'm not sure what they are going to do at O&G. My beta is 9 days away from tdy. U think they might do the blood test tdy and if yes, will result be taken as conclusive? Alr did a hpt (albeit expired) this morning with first morning pee, it's those high sensitivity 10miu kind. Its BFN...

I think it's too early to show on HPT. Plus, your period is not due yet right? Don't lose hope.

Can u request for a strong dose of progesterone jab? The oil based ones are the most potent I heard.
It's too early for HPT to detect anything ba

I think it's too early to show on HPT. Plus, your period is not due yet right? Don't lose hope.

The thing is my cycle can range from 28 - 40 days (tracked from 2013 till now). Tdy is day 26 from my LMP. Its 2 days from my earliest cycle day of 28 so I guess it's could well be AF too. I continue with the crinone gel at 10+ just now but still bleeding non stop...

Hi @dramaquieenie, don’t lose hope yet. One of my cycle buddies had af like bleeding before her schedule BT but went on to have a BFP and delivered a healthy boy.

I did went in to O&G before for spotting/bleeding 5 days prior to scheduled BT. As it was a Sunday, kkhivfc wasn’t open and I couldn’t call and ask. I was asked to take a hpt there. Thereafter the doc checked my cervix and commented it seems like old blood. Then sent me home to monitor and refused to let me take beta coz she says my hpt is clearly –ve; can’t give me further supports either and I still gota spend about 100 bucks. But yours being 9 days prior to BT and does seem abit early for AF, you might want to insist and push for early beta to see if there's any numbers indication. Hope that helps.

Hi @dramaquieenie, don’t lose hope yet. One of my cycle buddies had af like bleeding before her schedule BT but went on to have a BFP and delivered a healthy boy.

I did went in to O&G before for spotting/bleeding 5 days prior to scheduled BT. As it was a Sunday, kkhivfc wasn’t open and I couldn’t call and ask. I was asked to take a hpt there. Thereafter the doc checked my cervix and commented it seems like old blood. Then sent me home to monitor and refused to let me take beta coz she says my hpt is clearly –ve; can’t give me further supports either and I still gota spend about 100 bucks. But yours being 9 days prior to BT and does seem abit early for AF, you might want to insist and push for early beta to see if there's any numbers indication. Hope that helps.
Any reason why cannot give further supports? Were u already on high dose? the bleeding took how many days to stop in the end? And u BFP too?

Explore all possible means don't give up! If you insist i think they will surely do the bt for you..

Any reason why cannot give further supports? Were u already on high dose? the bleeding took how many days to stop in the end? And u BFP too?

Well, maybe I'm just unlucky to kena that the doc who just told me in my face that my hpt is clearly -ve. Unless it show's any pregnancy indications, otherwise no point giving supports to me. That was my 1st fresh cycle and I was on ustrogen, the ball types of inserts. My bleeding went on a full flow by Sunday evening, then Monday morning I called kkhivfc and pushed for early BT which was supposed to be on Wed and was confirmed -ve.

Sad news!! Confirmed plus chop, I dun even have an embryo :( Appt fixed to see Dr on the review of my cycle.

Btw I need adv from sisters here, what shld I do & eat to recover from the cycle?? Any tonic or anything I shld take for this 2 weeks??

Many thanks in advance.

I take Coq10 and prenatal vitamins from iherb too! :) I also bought royal jelly bee pollen and took it every morning and conception tea all from iherb. Apart from that, I do weekly acupuncture and occasional full body massage for blood flow. Also took walnuts and brazil nuts for afternoon snack (also from iherb, haha). In addition too all these, I make sure I have vegetables and fruits (especially berries) in my diet. Also have avocado and salmon regularly.

Tomorrow is my BT so I will let you know how it goes. Hehe...

@koirc what type of fruits or berries do u eat? I keep forgetting to eat fruits...hehe. but i keep eating avocadoes, and the veggies cauliflower, broccoli..( I can eat the whole head)

Sad news!! Confirmed plus chop, I dun even have an embryo :( Appt fixed to see Dr on the review of my cycle.

Btw I need adv from sisters here, what shld I do & eat to recover from the cycle?? Any tonic or anything I shld take for this 2 weeks??

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear that. *hugs* Don't be discouraged ok.

Am waiting at O&G now at the insistence of my hub... Just taken my urine sample (whole bottle looks like bloody mary, sorry tmi) sigh...
Took temp and said I have fever (37.9 only) zzzz... Strange I felt ok besides the flow
Waiting for the worst

oh no so many sisters are spotting now.. i'm in 2ww now as well. at first brown spotting, then streaks of red in mucus, then now watery very diluted blood.. but no clots, no cramps. slight twinging still. I've confirmed to bring forward my BT to 17th Sept.

Hang in there!!! Hugz :)
One more day! Lucky u. Hope to hear good news from you tmr ;)

Am waiting at O&G now at the insistence of my hub... Just taken my urine sample (whole bottle looks like bloody mary, sorry tmi) sigh...
Took temp and said I have fever (37.9 only) zzzz... Strange I felt ok besides the flow
Waiting for the worst
37.9 seems super high temp... not dehydrated ya? take care, good luck!!

Many thanks in advance.
Sad to hear that.. Does it mean it's not a complete cycle? Can still use medisave/ govt grant?

Many thanks in advance.
Egg white
Egg white and more egg white.
I think on the average the sisters eat 3 to 5 daily. I can only do 3!
Try avocado too.

Still waiting for AF for this mth which is already 5 days late, after my failed fresh last mth. So far no spotting or discharge. Is it normal?

Sad to hear that.. Does it mean it's not a complete cycle? Can still use medisave/ govt grant?

spoken to the nurse, eventho I didn't complete the full cycle, the hospital will still claim the full cost from Medisave & Govt Grant, I no need to top up. So if Im going to start my next fresh cycle, I have to start all over again...

Just wondering, if I go private, can we use grant & Medisave?? I really dunno what to do now?! I shld rest & rest & rest... Rest my mind rest my body too. Maybe I shld start work earlier than the HL given.

Waiting for the worst

Dear, i definately think its too early for af. I read that we cannot use our normal cycle days to predict the arrival of af as all the hormones from the jab will messes up our cycle. Let us know how isit going. Alternatively, consider to go private doctor to seek advise if kkh refused to do anything for you. Pray for you..

spoken to the nurse, eventho I didn't complete the full cycle, the hospital will still claim the full cost from Medisave & Govt Grant, I no need to top up. So if Im going to start my next fresh cycle, I have to start all over again...

Just wondering, if I go private, can we use grant & Medisave?? I really dunno what to do now?! I shld rest & rest & rest... Rest my mind rest my body too. Maybe I shld start work earlier than the HL given.

Go private as in private patient in gov hospital? Or private doc? Private patient in gov hospital, yes. U t entitled for grant and can use medisave. But private doc, only can do medisave deduction to supplement ur bill payment. No gov grant.
Take time to rest ur body. Am sure doc will try another different approach the next round to prevent this to happen again.

oh no so many sisters are spotting now.. i'm in 2ww now as well. at first brown spotting, then streaks of red in mucus, then now watery very diluted blood.. but no clots, no cramps. slight twinging still. I've confirmed to bring forward my BT to 17th Sept.

Hang in there!!! Hugz :)
Good luck on yr bt tmr!

If pte can use medisave but no govt grant

Private hospital can only use medisave but not grant. However, medisave will be reimbursed about 4-6 weeks ie. have to pay cash upfront first.

If private patient in a government hospital can still get both grant and use medisave.

You can eat avocado with honey or condensed milk. Honey is better though cos condensed milk got high sugar. :)

half-an-avocado smoothie in morning (just about 250ml milk, half avocado, a little bit of brown sugar). I would add gula melaka if I have this ingredient. yumz...!

then the other half avocado, can use to make a salad - just slice it, chop up some tomatoes, a little bit of onion, mix all with extra-virgin olive oil, a bit of salt, black pepper, dash of lemon juice. or if hot sauce, can add just a teeny-weeny bit.

Or I will also layer some avocado slices on top of roasted cauliflower.

omg, i can't get enough of avocadoes and veggies.... <3 :p

half-an-avocado smoothie in morning (just about 250ml milk, half avocado, a little bit of brown sugar). I would add gula melaka if I have this ingredient. yumz...!

then the other half avocado, can use to make a salad - just slice it, chop up some tomatoes, a little bit of onion, mix all with extra-virgin olive oil, a bit of salt, black pepper, dash of lemon juice. or if hot sauce, can add just a teeny-weeny bit.

Wow. Good for you! Can tell you're an avocado lover!

So I have seen the doc. They didn't even test for urine pregnancy test. They took my urine sample to test for infection n there's some infection in my urine. Was told they are going to treat me as having UTI. However this infection didn't cause my heavy bleeding (full pad in half a day). They say the bleeding came from my uterus. Whether it's menstrual bleeding or not, they can't tell now. Was given extra utrogestan to be taken orally on top of crinone gel insert. If bleeding continued, then they will bring fwd beta to 22/9. They say take now, results cannot be taken as conclusive. Will be warded for observations for the infection. Come what may bah

So I have seen the doc. They didn't even test for urine pregnancy test. They took my urine sample to test for infection n there's some infection in my urine. Was told they are going to treat me as having UTI. However this infection didn't cause my heavy bleeding (full pad in half a day). They say the bleeding came from my uterus. Whether it's menstrual bleeding or not, they can't tell now. Was given extra utrogestan to be taken orally on top of crinone gel insert. If bleeding continued, then they will bring fwd beta to 22/9. They say take now, results cannot be taken as conclusive. Will be warded for observations for the infection. Come what may bah
I guess no point worrying at this point in time. Get whatever treated and march on to 22 Sep. There is really nothing much O&G can do except support and support. The rest is really up to you and the little embryo.

@koirc what type of fruits or berries do u eat? I keep forgetting to eat fruits...hehe. but i keep eating avocadoes, and the veggies cauliflower, broccoli..( I can eat the whole head)
Wow, very good that you are eating a lot of avocados and broccoli! I have apple, orange, kiwi, blueberry and raspberry. The embryologist asked me to avoid melons.

Try not to think too much.. One step at a time.. Jia you!

By the way, will the halved avocado turn brown if leave till afternoon?

Just rest well and eat ur antibiotics for ur uti. I also kenna uti when I did my fresh. It cleared very quickly with antibiotics. Try to bed rest more and pray ur beanie stick stick.

Hi ladies, waiting for my BT tis Friday, sore boobs these few days, Abit of tingling pain at boobs n side abdominal on off, v worried and scare...

lucky u.. sore boobs seems a definite major symptom!! I only had small waves of nausea, don't even know whether to consider it as a symptom or not. and fatigue, just probably from sitting around not doing much...*bored* haha. no appetite.

let us know how it goes. wish u the best!

Back