IVF/ICSI Support Group

I want to say a big thank you to all the ladies here. I realised I was so ill-prepared going into this IVF.
I only started reading the forum here when i started my Lucrin and I was flabbergasted!!
I did not even eat the food and vitamins that your have suggested. I started exercising abit more only that was my only preparation and the folic acid that doc gave.
Now I have to play catch-up.... *keep fingers cross again*

Feeling very stressed up...like I did not do enough like that!

Don't feel stressed. Stress is not good for the cycle and this is not worth stressing over. I did not eat all the food and vitamins recommended (except what was given by the doctor like the folic acid tablets and utrogestan inserts) as I joined the forum late, but managed to BFP. Doing all these things does not mean you will BFP and not doing them does not mean you will not BFP! After ET, be careful about the exercise, don't do strenuous exercise, just walking will do.

AF arrived yesterday. This is my second failed fresh. It was painful, devastating. Felt totally helpless. Can only cry. I don't know how to get out of this pain now though I know I eventually will. I know I've to pull myself up and try again but I'm so exhausted mentally and physically. Seems like no matter what I do doesn't work.

My only friend who was on this ttc journey with me just found out she got preg naturally and this double my pain. When will it ever be my turn??

Sorry just venting here as I've no one to talk to, can't tell my family. I know what my friends will say if I tell them as they do not really understand what I went through. All they can say is relax, don't be stressed and try again. I cry the moment my hubby try to talk to me, I felt I've disappointed him and let him down.

I can't even pray..I felt like God is not listening to me at all. I know I should have faith in God that He has plans for me when the time is right. But when???

I'm so lost now I don't know what to do next, no energy for anything. Can sisters here please help me stand up again?

AF arrived yesterday. This is my second failed fresh. It was painful, devastating. Felt totally helpless. Can only cry. I don't know how to get out of this pain now though I know I eventually will. I know I've to pull myself up and try again but I'm so exhausted mentally and physically. Seems like no matter what I do doesn't work.

My only friend who was on this ttc journey with me just found out she got preg naturally and this double my pain. When will it ever be my turn??

Sorry just venting here as I've no one to talk to, can't tell my family. I know what my friends will say if I tell them as they do not really understand what I went through. All they can say is relax, don't be stressed and try again. I cry the moment my hubby try to talk to me, I felt I've disappointed him and let him down.

I can't even pray..I felt like God is not listening to me at all. I know I should have faith in God that He has plans for me when the time is right. But when???

I'm so lost now I don't know what to do next, no energy for anything. Can sisters here please help me stand up again?

Extra HUGS to you. Don't compare yourself with your friends as that will only make you feel worse when they conceive before you do. Don't need to apologize for venting here; we all understand that it is difficult to tell family and friends as most of the time, they don't know what to say and will end up saying the wrong things.

God's will for us, including His timing, is perfect. After my last IVF failure, I surrendered completely to God and told Him, "Although my greatest human desire is to have a child of my own, yet not my will, but yours, O Lord, be done." It was only after this that I felt at complete peace to not be stressed over the multiple failures and to carry on trying.

Take all the time you need to rest and recover. Pray for God to give you the peace that you need. I feel that peace is most important now. Because peace will enable you to ride out all challenges/difficulties in your daily life and give you the strength to keep trying. Avoid social media like Facebook especially if you're like me, in that you have many friends posting updates/pics of their babies. If possible, go on an overseas holiday with your hubby to relax and rejuvenate. I understand your feelings about letting your hubby down. I too constantly felt guilty that I was not fulfilling my wifely duties when I could not conceive and even asked my hubby to divorce me and marry another. But I'm sure your hubby cares more about you as a person he loves rather than a baby-making machine. Comfort each other and be there for each other.

Remember, turn to God daily in prayer and surrender completely to His will and timing, and ask Him for peace in whatever His will is for you in life.

Jmec, we feel yr pain. Lots of huggs.

You will pull yourself out, we all know you will. Coz we are all strong women and we hv amazing strength to even start this ivf journey.

But for today and the next few days, you deserve to cry, grieve, question, feel angry. Because you deserve it after trying so hard. You deserve to question when and why. You deserve to ask why not me. You derserve to feel a pain so deep you wonder if you will dare to try this again.

Reach out here. Reach out to hubby. And you are not vulnerable for crying - just grieving.

We never know when it will be our turn. And for some sisters, honestly, that turn doesnt come even via IVF. For some it takes more tries and lots of money. Some are willing to try but financially cannot proceed. Some just emotionally cannot continue.

Dont let someone who doesnt know abt this journey talk you down abt how you shld go abt getting pregnant. If someone tells you "dont stress, keep on trying naturally, take a holiday to relax, see this tcm see that tcm, bla bla bla" - sure get pregnant. Just walk away. You dont need to justify anything to those who dont know what this journey tell you how to pick yourself up.

Some take 3,4,5,6,7 fresh to make it. I am not saying you need to do that but know you are not alone. Many couples find that they are satisfied they tried their best after their original agreed number of cycles (say 3 or 2 or 4) and continue to find much happiness in life.
I am very sorry to hear AF arrive but if you hvnt gone down for BT you shld go regardless if AF arrived. It helps to know if it's just no implantation at all or perhaps an early chemical pregnancy.

Lastly, big hugs dear.

Hi,hugs. Maybi go for a good lunch or dinner. N do somethg that can make u happy
Its tough especially after preparing for so much. But u have did you best. Be kind to yrself for e moment. Hugs..

ijust started on the ivf journey n i had an emo spell earlier.. just wana say tt i feel tt all of us on this journey r extremely strong ladies, especially emotionally n mentally.. kudos to all!!

@Jmec, a big hug to u.. it is a difficult journey n time now, but it just makes u a stronger person

Ladies at kkh,just curious.

e scan doctor for e simulation period is from china or are locals? Friendly ma? Or nasty?

You mean the doc on duty who will check your scan results and prescribe the stims? Dr Veronique is from France, but the rest are local. They're all okay if you don't expect too much, as in they won't be nasty to you just coz you walk into their office, but they won't be super friendly as they have many patients to see. I find that Dr Steven Teo is the worst, he's impatient and doesn't like to answer questions, he wants to be done with you asap. The rest of the docs are willing to answer questions but they may not be super gentle, i.e., they're upfront about your risks and probabilities etc.

You mean the doc on duty who will check your scan results and prescribe the stims? Dr Veronique is from France, but the rest are local. They're all okay if you don't expect too much, as in they won't be nasty to you just coz you walk into their office, but they won't be super friendly as they have many patients to see. I find that Dr Steven Teo is the worst, he's impatient and doesn't like to answer questions, he wants to be done with you asap. The rest of the docs are willing to answer questions but they may not be super gentle, i.e., they're upfront about your risks and probabilities etc.
Archie 7,thanks!! I wonder if they scan and only see 3 follicles on day 3,will they ask you to abort the cycle or they will continue with e simulations?

Extra HUGS to you. Don't compare yourself with your friends as that will only make you feel worse when they conceive before you do. Don't need to apologize for venting here; we all understand that it is difficult to tell family and friends as most of the time, they don't know what to say and will end up saying the wrong things.

God's will for us, including His timing, is perfect. After my last IVF failure, I surrendered completely to God and told Him, "Although my greatest human desire is to have a child of my own, yet not my will, but yours, O Lord, be done." It was only after this that I felt at complete peace to not be stressed over the multiple failures and to carry on trying.

Take all the time you need to rest and recover. Pray for God to give you the peace that you need. I feel that peace is most important now. Because peace will enable you to ride out all challenges/difficulties in your daily life and give you the strength to keep trying. Avoid social media like Facebook especially if you're like me, in that you have many friends posting updates/pics of their babies. If possible, go on an overseas holiday with your hubby to relax and rejuvenate. I understand your feelings about letting your hubby down. I too constantly felt guilty that I was not fulfilling my wifely duties when I could not conceive and even asked my hubby to divorce me and marry another. But I'm sure your hubby cares more about you as a person he loves rather than a baby-making machine. Comfort each other and be there for each other.

Remember, turn to God daily in prayer and surrender completely to His will and timing, and ask Him for peace in whatever His will is for you in life.
I do agree that at peace with yrself will help you to go through e rough patches. Jiayou jmec!

Archie 7,thanks!! I wonder if they scan and only see 3 follicles on day 3,will they ask you to abort the cycle or they will continue with e simulations?

I think it depends on the size of the follicles too. But sorry, dunno the answer to your question coz I have PCOS so my problem is too many follicles and OHSS, not too few.

Speaking of which, I have a good friend doing ER at KKH today, I should check up on her...

I talking abt e person who scan they day 3,day 7 and day 10 follicles. I dunno wat they are called..

I just call them nurses. :p When I was there early last year, a pregnant nurse would always do the vaginal scan. Her voice is soothing and she had a way of making me calm and relaxed, which is good. But as you know, with KKH, everything is chop chop so they don't have time for small talk. Not sure if she's still working there right now.

how abt the cost? i kinda worry abt the cost.. anybody can share?

If you are doing it in a public hospital (KKH or SGH) and you and your hubby are citizens and you have Medisave, you have nothing to worry about. The meds and the procedures are covered by govt subsidies and Medisave. The out of pocket cash I paid for my first fresh was about $1,000 - mainly for consultations, blood test, one-time compulsory counseling session (about $500) and compulsory neonatal insurance from GE. Subsequent cycles will be cheaper.

Thank u ladies for your kind words. I will try to be strong and move on soon.

My BT is this Wed, thought of calling SGH to go down tdy instead but I can't even step out of my room. I've no strength to do anything at this point.

Late reply, but in case anyone still need this info..
For nuh fresh cycle is 19days HL (start from ER day)
FET cycle is 16days HL (start from ET day)

My BT is this Wed, thought of calling SGH to go down tdy instead but I can't even step out of my room. I've no strength to do anything at this point.
Im so sorry about this jmec, can only say that u are not alone in your grief and disappointment. Not speaking on behalf of everyone but I think most of us can really understand how u feel. Give urself sometime and dun blame urself for anything u felt u did or did not do.

wow so many days.... dunno if i tell my boss woman issue.. she will ask o not...

humbaobao,

The problem Im having is I can't pin point exact date of HL or the chance that I can go into HL stage. And if they are very strict, they will ask when will your HL be starting.
So if you plan to take no pay, take it early and plan some overlap between the stage 3/4 and HL.
I can't blame them also as they also need to plan for our absence from work

Last edited:

Dear Jmec, just want to tell you that you are not alone in this.
I also just failed my 2nd fresh cycle IVF few days ago when the BT came out to be negative. I can fully understand the sadness that you are having now.
I do not have any frozen embryos from my 1st and 2nd fresh cycles, so I was very upset like you.

Just cry when you need to, after all we had gone through so much and with hope.
What makes me feel better is after I read an article that said even through naturally conceiving, many tries are needed.
So through IVF, we are just trying to make things possible. However, the implantation is still in God's hand. We had tried our best to what we can.

For me, I try to stay positive now and will review with my gyane and tcm doctor this week to see what are their advise.
I had seen many positive reviews on acuputure before, during and after ET. So I might consider exploring on this too.

Let's Jiayou together!

humbaobao,

The problem Im having is I can't pin point exact date of HL or the chance that I can go into HL stage. And if they are very strict, they will ask when will your HL be starting.
So if you plan to take no pay, take it early and plan some overlap between the stage 3/4 and HL.
I can't blame them also as they also need to plan for our absence from work

hmmm.. quite true aso.. c how it goes lor.. mayb after the doc issue HL den i whatsapp her i on HL lo.. c if she ask... if she ask den bo bian LL tell her... cos she aso may need to ans to hr aso...

hmmm.. quite true aso.. c how it goes lor.. mayb after the doc issue HL den i whatsapp her i on HL lo.. c if she ask... if she ask den bo bian LL tell her... cos she aso may need to ans to hr aso...

Your boss will start asking when you take time off from work frequently or MC.
If your on long cycle, that means after Day 8 of stimulation, there will be frequent scans to determine time for egg retrieval. Scans will mean time off or MC?
and then egg retrieval MC again. this will happen in a short period of time. Frequency will be very high.

Anyway you still have some time ahead, can slowly think how you want to deal with it. Or someone can share how they manage to take time off so frequently?

Your boss will start asking when you take time off from work frequently or MC.
If your on long cycle, that means after Day 8 of stimulation, there will be frequent scans to determine time for egg retrieval. Scans will mean time off or MC?
and then egg retrieval MC again. this will happen in a short period of time. Frequency will be very high.

Anyway you still have some time ahead, can slowly think how you want to deal with it. Or someone can share how they manage to take time off so frequently?

ya... tat time i got a referral letter to kkh to check my tummy.. cos everytime menses come i will pain..sometime walk aso pain den i take time off to go.. she aso keep asking.. >.<

my tcm tell me if nxt cycle still no positive.. ask me go make appt le..

I also just failed my 2nd fresh cycle IVF few days ago when the BT came out to be negative. I can fully understand the sadness that you are having now.
I do not have any frozen embryos from my 1st and 2nd fresh cycles, so I was very upset like you.

What makes me feel better is after I read an article that said even through naturally conceiving, many tries are needed.
So through IVF, we are just trying to make things possible. However, the implantation is still in God's hand. We had tried our best to what we can.

For me, I try to stay positive now and will review with my gyane and tcm doctor this week to see what are their advise.
I had seen many positive reviews on acuputure before, during and after ET. So I might consider exploring on this too.

Let's Jiayou together!
Thank u Jo-ann. Sorry to hear abt your negative BT too. I will recover too, slowly but surely.

I've just made an appt to see TSB as well, but she is only available in April for first timer. I will probably continue to see Dr Zhao for accu in the meantime. I also look forward to the review with my gynae and work on my next step from there.

I should also resurrect my faith in God as He has amazingly talked to me thru some sisters like u here. And I believe He has nothing but the best plans for me.

Let's Jia you! :)

ya... tat time i got a referral letter to kkh to check my tummy.. cos everytime menses come i will pain..sometime walk aso pain den i take time off to go.. she aso keep asking.. >.<

my tcm tell me if nxt cycle still no positive.. ask me go make appt le..

Lets hope it is positive!! :D

Stay positive Jmec. .

Let's Jiayou together!
Hugs. Failing a cycle is sad. no frosties tt survived even more sad. I also had my 1st fresh failed with no frosties n e after myth feeling is lousy. Going for 2nd 1 soon with no confidence yet i tell myself i need to try luck to have a bb.
Lets hope e 1 up there will be kinder to us to grant our little dream.

Any sister ever try to ask doc at kkh to give 10 days hl leave instead of 19 days? Is this allowed? 19 days is pretty difficult for me to tell mgt also without revealing what i actually am going for.

Hey mothers-to-be, I have been away from awhile. I'm back to update my status.

I stopped visiting TCM since a month ago. I have no patience to wait for result even though I visited TCM for only a month. Acupuncture is painful, Chinese herbs sucks, and expensive.

I came back from KKH today. Had my and hubby results reviewed by the doctor. Everything is fine in my side, my hubby's sperm shape is abnormal, other than that, both of us are ok. I was surprised the doctor allowed me to do IVF for first timer like me. Now is to wait for the hospital to call me to make appointment for IVF. Doctor said earliest appointment is April.

Hugs. Failing a cycle is sad. no frosties tt survived even more sad. I also had my 1st fresh failed with no frosties n e after myth feeling is lousy. Going for 2nd 1 soon with no confidence yet i tell myself i need to try luck to have a bb.
Lets hope e 1 up there will be kinder to us to grant our little dream.

Connie_hopeful, all the best to you! Be positive and it will happen!

Jmec, your post brought tears to my eyes. I just failed my FET one week ago and I had the exact same thoughts and feelings as you. Felt forsaken by God.... Sigh, but I know time will heal us and make us stronger and to try again... And also continue to have faith and trust in God's will...hopefully our prayers can be answered soon. Hugs!

Big HUGS Jmec..

Jmec, your post brought tears to my eyes. I just failed my FET one week ago and I had the exact same thoughts and feelings as you. Felt forsaken by God.... Sigh, but I know time will heal us and make us stronger and to try again... And also continue to have faith and trust in God's will...hopefully our prayers can be answered soon. Hugs!
Thank u for sharing. Glad to share here too as I felt so much better talking to people who can finally understand me, giving me strength and direction. I almost wanted to give up again.

May God bless us all with BFPs in His time! :)

Hey mothers-to-be, I have been away from awhile. I'm back to update my status.

I stopped visiting TCM since a month ago. I have no patience to wait for result even though I visited TCM for only a month. Acupuncture is painful, Chinese herbs sucks, and expensive.

I came back from KKH today. Had my and hubby results reviewed by the doctor. Everything is fine in my side, my hubby's sperm shape is abnormal, other than that, both of us are ok. I was surprised the doctor allowed me to do IVF for first timer like me. Now is to wait for the hospital to call me to make appointment for IVF. Doctor said earliest appointment is April.

Hi paperclip,
why did doctor say earliest appt is in April? March is already full? Wow, KKH see so many ivf couples.

Wishing you success in yr 1st try.

Hello fellow cyber sisters,

A few months ago i started this survey on who is trying for our first bb. Just want to share that some sisters in this list already bfp after 2nd try. It does motivate me a bit to propel further that perhaps or maybi it does happen. Although i do not know. Hope this will give some motivation to you.

Trying for 1st bb:
1.Connie_hopeful
2. Redvel
3. Star.star
4. Anamika87
5. Rachelt
6. Ashkea
7.michng
8. chunkles
9. Peaches21
10. baby_sparkles
11. mesara
12. pigletlyn
13. acadia

Take care jmec. Allow yourself to grieve and I am sure your hubby is not blaming you. Ivf is not an easy journey, be kind to yourself k? Know that you are not alone. There are us here who can identify with you the disappointment of a failed cycle.

jmec, sorry to hear abt your failed ivf.. chat with us more often , hopefully the courage of all the brave ladies here can help u tro this difficult time . lots of hugs for u jmec. take care and may all good things come your way soon

A few months ago i started this survey on who is trying for our first bb. Just want to share that some sisters in this list already bfp after 2nd try. It does motivate me a bit to propel further that perhaps or maybi it does happen. Although i do not know. Hope this will give some motivation to you.

Trying for 1st bb:
1.Connie_hopeful
2. Redvel
3. Star.star
4. Anamika87
5. Rachelt
6. Ashkea
7.michng
8. chunkles
9. Peaches21
10. baby_sparkles
11. mesara
12. pigletlyn
13. acadia
Can include me! Am trying for 1st bb! :)

jmec..dunno what to say....hug

Trying for 1st bb:
1.Connie_hopeful
2. Redvel
3. Star.star
4. Anamika87
5. Rachelt
6. Ashkea
7.michng
8. chunkles
9. Peaches21
10. baby_sparkles
11. mesara
12. pigletlyn
13. acadia

I was also trying for my 1st...suceeded only in my 4th fresh after so many rounds of fets in between too..never stop trying girls..i dunno cried how many nights alone in my sleep or hugging hb crying our eyes out asking god why life is so unfair..but yet time after time we pick ourselves up and encouraged one another and grew in strength and faith..we are still waiting as everything is unsure until we hv a live bb in our arms..but meanwhile take heart those who bfn, you are never alone..there are so many others sisters reading this thread silently and i was one of them..keep it up..never let go of hope.. that is maybe the only thing that keeps us going in this ivf journey

Back