IVF/ICSI Support Group

Mesara, going for et tomorrow? How is the status of your fighter today? Today feel like Saturday. Seems so near to my bt but then it's actually quite a few more days to it.

Merry xmas sisters.

Iwantahealthybaby nurse just called. Transfer is on tomorrow. She did not tell me anything else. Can u imagine how I feel abt the mystery n suspense. Feel like so unlucky not being told anything.

Last edited:
I am totally out of control, during my 1st week of the tww, I still control my diet, eat abit more healthier food. Now especially today totally stuff all the junk food into my body. Drank wine, eat cold fruits, watermelon somemore. Drank cold orange juice. Less than a week to my bt, crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

Dear sisters hope all had a wonderful christmas day.

Iwantahealthybaby maybe u r right. Good not to know grade today else I wud be worrying on tat. My body does not feel good. Difficulty getting off bed. Using too much tummy strength. Tummy is still bloated cant lie on sides. Body aches n lower back pain. I dont feel my usual self with all these pain n aches. Is it a norm?? I will go for acu n moxibustion before n after et tomorrow.

N u knw I just saw paperwork n for tomorrows day ward after et its $1150.

Mesara actually kkh practice is after et can go back home straight don't need day ward. I think this is the extra expenses not really under ivf. Can it be deducted in medisave? But you need to calculate as the extra after all subsidies and medisave we also need to pay cash out from our own pocket. I am curious how much I need to pay in total. Anyway tomorrow during the transfer the doc or embryologist will be around to advice you on the grade of the embryo, mine was also on that day itself then know how many fertilise and the grade.

Mesera, all the best for your ET!

Sisters, im still in my 2ww. Beta this sat. Yesterday night I had diarrheoa with cramping. Then I tried to sleep early. This morning, the cramps woke me up again. Quite painful as i rarely get bad AF cramps. When I tried to get up, I felt very dizzy almost like going to pass out. I had to quickly lie back in bed again. And i also woke up in some sweat and feel warm all over. Now im lying proped up on my bed, feel ok but worried to get up now. I just called my hb to come home in case i really pass out. Anyone has this feeling too?

Not sure if its anything due to yesterday I walked quite a bit. (But didnt run). And I had dinner at a hawker centre too.

Princess 14,
I had giddiness 2 day prior to my beta. The feeling was like the whole room is spinning. I rested awhile and take a cup or warm milk then the giddiness get lesser.
That could be a early sign or pregnant!!!!
Mesera, all the best for your ET!

Sisters, im still in my 2ww. Beta this sat. Yesterday night I had diarrheoa with cramping. Then I tried to sleep early. This morning, the cramps woke me up again. Quite painful as i rarely get bad AF cramps. When I tried to get up, I felt very dizzy almost like going to pass out. I had to quickly lie back in bed again. And i also woke up in some sweat and feel warm all over. Now im lying proped up on my bed, feel ok but worried to get up now. I just called my hb to come home in case i really pass out. Anyone has this feeling too?

Not sure if its anything due to yesterday I walked quite a bit. (But didnt run). And I had dinner at a hawker centre too.

princess14, like what hope4bb has mention, it could be a good sign of being pregnant. how i wish i have all these symptons, been looking out for symptons but fail to see any. the only hope for me now is my AF not here yet (please dont come for a good reason) so that is the only positive i looking forward to. hubbs say not all will have symptons maybe i belong to the stronger group lol. understand not all sisters here have symptons too during tww so i just keeping fingers cross.

mesara, after your transfer today, congrats you are in the tww. its normal to feel pain and ache after retrieval. my most painful experience througout the whole ivf is after the retrieval part. totally cannot walk fast cannot bear the pain. lasted aound 2-3days. after that ok already. so will you be back to work too after et? lucky you got weekend and holiday next week so can actually have more rest without going to work.

Hope4bb,
Thanks for the postitivity. I hope it will be something good. Was so worried this morning. Didnt dare to move much. But why will we feel dizzy? Too much or too little blood circulation? Im sooo anxious abt sat! Another 2 more days!

Iwannahaveababy,
I had no symptoms at all in 2ww, except for this fainting episode. That's y I panicked. Also no spotting. Lets pray hard we both can spread baby dust this month!

Mesara,
I went acu quite regularly this cycle. Generally 2x a week. The days during ovuation I went like consecutive 3 days just to ensure I have a good ovulation (cos im doing naturel fet..good ovulation is v impt). And before et I went 2 days. Immediately after et I also went straight to dr zou. Then thereafter I did 3 more acu sessions. KS right?! Haha. My hubby said so. But anyway my problem is my uterus is "cold" so I need the circulation and warmth for implantation to even happen. So keep up the acu sessions! And believe they will help your babies implant!

Thanks princess14, hope4bb n iwantahealthybaby. Et over. Transferred 9 and 8 cells. One more under monitoring. Wont knw status till maybe tomorrow. Dont knw if quality is good but just pray dearies.

Princess all the best for sat bt. Need lots of babydust. I wantahealthybaby relax. No symptoms sisters also bfp in this forum. Quite a lot. My bill almost 12k. So hope no cash n I bfp this very cycle. My boss certainly wont approve mc in new year tho I have mc till 10th. Bt on 8th jan dearies. Hope all of us start the good year with good news. Think I will head to work new year but travel in cab as I stay west n work east. Will try to rest as much as I can. Keep a relaxed mind body and thoughts. Take care sisters.

Mesara, are you resting in the day ward now? Congrats, as far as i know day 3 transfer embryo should be at 8cell so all is looking good for u. Understand some job really cannot keep mc so what we can do is we still go work but we walk slow and don't carry heavy stuff.

Me hoping too I am the few no symptons with bfp :)

Is 8 cell good quality. Ya m in day ward resting now. Hubby bought chicken rice so just had lunch. I hope my bloatedness n cramps ease so tat life can be normal.

Yes Mesara, for a day 3 transfer they are looking at a 8 cell embryo. Understand from website 1st is at 2 cell then will divide to 4 cell on day 2 so day 3 should be a 8 cell and then day 5 they call it blastocyst. Something like that. Even blastocyst will have diff grading. Rest well. I am given the go ahead sign to eat whatever I want after transfer by doc but too and my stomach too bloated too to enjoy any food lol

Last edited:
Mesara: All the best for et! Now just relax and after et, take it easy and enjoy the 2ww. :)

Vivine: I only know for natural fet cycle, kk told me its around $2-3k. There is some subsidy from govt. And now the balance also can use Medisave to pay. Only blood tests before start fet need to pay in cash, tests for the hiv, hepatitis etc.

Hi loversinparis,thank you for your reply. the procedure will be simpler right?

Princess14: All the best for BT! My friend also diarrhoea in 2ww. She is going BT next week..mayb that is a symptom too. Just relax and hope u have good news soon!

Iwantahealthybaby: BT next week? Like many mentioned, no symptoms also Bfp!Just take it easy..few more days to go. Stay positive and hope to share your babydusts! :)

Mesara: Well done, Et is over and now 2ww! Enjoy the 2ww and eat well, sleep well. Don't worry ok, stay happy for your embbies!

Vivine: Yeah, natural fet is very simple. Once menses 1st day, call in. Then on day 10 they start scan, then day 12, etc until they see follicle size is big then will ask u to do urine test for ovulation. Once follicle reach around 18 I think and urine test positive, will arrange for Et. Depends on your frozen embryos is how many days, eg. 2days old embryos will transfer 2days after ovulation detected If im not wrong.

So frozen cycle totally forgo all injections? Seems simpler than iui. Suddenly got a very very STRONG URGE to test tonight. Holding on still. Tomorrow already Friday and weekend is coming...should I test tonight?

So frozen cycle totally forgo all injections? Seems simpler than iui. Suddenly got a very very STRONG URGE to test tonight. Holding on still. Tomorrow already Friday and weekend is coming...should I test tonight?
Yes for me i no nd to do any injections. Maybe u shld wait since u hv come so far... just a few days more... :)

Lydialovely, I manage to get that thought out of my mind for now. At least tonight. Going to sleep soon, tomorrow another day, endure the weekend and soon is my BT. Endure endure!

Iwantahealthybaby: Frozen cycle if natural non injections. But medicated may have..fresh cycle already done all and embryos formed so nat fet just monitor and transfer. Tricky part is timing must be right.
Anyway, another few days is Bt already so try to forget about testing. Relax and All the best! :) Hoping for more babydusts!

Natural fet may need more scans if ur ovulation is delayed. So may be more exp too esp under private. Like last fet cycle my ovulation was CD14, this cycle was CD22! Almost abandoned as dr thought I won't ovulate this mth.at CD14 only have 12mm follicle. We decided to just track it to see if it continues to grow. Kept coming back for scans. Medicated is more predictable esp for sisters who dont ovulate every mth. Reason why I prefer natural to medicated is because I do not want to take any hormonal stuff or drugs. Just kept it simple with only progesterone support.

Iwantahealthybaby,
I couldn't resist and poas even thought BT is tmr. I want to be mentally prepared when nurse call me, good or bad news.
I hope ovidrel has left my body already cos I think I see a faint line! But at least some hope! I dread the waiting after bt.

Princess keep that positive thinking on. Assured more by the faint line. Hoping to grab loads of your baby dust tomorrow.

Think ovidrel leaves the body in 3 - 5 days. So it safe test 9dpt as implantation occurs from day 6 I think.

Btw for d3 transfer do u knw when implantation likely occur sisters

Princess and loversinparis thanks for the explanation in fet. I think the no. Of time going back to scan is similar to iui must keep track cannot let it ovulate before they do anything. Princess it's only a day to bt your hpt faint positive must be the positive positive not the false positive. I believe the ovidrel has left your system cannot be stay inside so long. At least this is hope to see positive, mine is still a few days to BT so scare now test too early. Maybe I will test the day before too to get myself prepare or maybe the morning of bt itself. Actually the most stressful part is not the taking leave going to scan, not the daily injection or not the pain we endure, it's this waiting period where we suppose to feel the most relax the most stressful part.

I really need a lot of baby dust and best wishes. Princess lots of baby dust and good luck to your bt tomorrow, spread more dust to us :)

Mesara how are you feeling today?

Princess! Happy for u... Can see faint line. Waiting for yr happy news and bb dust tmr!

Iwannahvahealthybb, if cannot tahan, just test. I tested on d13ptd2. Could only see a v faint line then. Got slightly darker on day14 n day15. However BT is the most accurate so beware of false readings from hpts. Wish u luck!

Pumpkin_pie I think I might just lose my endurance this few days. See how long I can continue to 忍 only

Mesara for a day 5 transfer earliest to poas is 9dp5dt as for 3 days transfer you just add another 2 days so that makes it 11dp3dt

Iwantahealthybaby,
I couldn't resist and poas even thought BT is tmr. I want to be mentally prepared when nurse call me, good or bad news.
I hope ovidrel has left my body already cos I think I see a faint line! But at least some hope! I dread the waiting after bt.
Princess14, happy to hear ur result. May I know what brand u used to test? That day I was using the normal brand to test and the result was also faint line. Then I bought Clearblue and repeat and Clearblue really show up the positive result very fast and very obvious. Hehe!
Happy for u!

Mesara, for your reference. Found this on the net.

3-Day Transfer
Days Past
Transfer (DPT) Embryo Development

One - The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
Two - The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
Three - The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
Four - The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Five - The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
Six - Implantation continues
Seven - Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
Eight - Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
Nine - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Ten - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Eleven - Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy
5-Day Transfer
Days Past
Transfer (DPT)Embryo Development

One - The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
Two - The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Three - The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
Four - Implantation continues
Five - Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
Six - Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
Seven - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Eight - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Nine - Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

Hi All,

I am new here, all your posts are very informative.
I plan to do FET in coming Jan in KKH, I have 2 frozen blastocyst left from previous fresh cycle.

After reading the post on the natural FET, I start to get worry as my ET should be very close to CNY.
Any delay in the ovulation will crash with CNY. Is it possible to request to do medicated FET?

Any idea what is the survival rate of the blastocyst to defroze? only left 2 in the fridge.

hi ladies.. I decided to seek 2nd opinion from TCM Dr Loh today.. Really want to know are there any other approaches to increase the success rate for me.. I am even thinking of seeking 3rd opinion from Christopher Chen.. Oh man.. am I just thinking too much?

Welcome sukif, this I am not sure, but I do heard blastocyst thaw rate of survival is lesser than embryo thaw rate. Don't know how true. So your fresh cycle you transfer blastocyst too? Me also have blastocyst snow babies so I also curious on the thaw survival rate.

I think when your doc start you in fet they will take into consideration the Cny period and their closure during that period. Which doc in kkh?

Vivine: Yeah, natural fet is very simple. Once menses 1st day, call in. Then on day 10 they start scan, then day 12, etc until they see follicle size is big then will ask u to do urine test for ovulation. Once follicle reach around 18 I think and urine test positive, will arrange for Et. Depends on your frozen embryos is how many days, eg. 2days old embryos will transfer 2days after ovulation detected If im not wrong.

Hi loversinparis, understood. thank you for your reply

I also hope to spread lotsa baby dust tmr! Praying fervently for God's protection over my babies, and the peace to accept whatever He has planned for me.

Hope42014,
Did you try endo scratch and acu? I did both for this cycle. Tmr I'll let u know if it makes a difference! But for acu, I really feel my womb is much warmer. Dr zou said if womb is cold implantation can never happen. Dr paul tseng also told me my endometrium is weakly secretory, meaning its lazy la. Lol. In fact he suggested me to try a stimulated fet (ie. Injectables to stimulate endo). My embryos are ok grade but not blasto.

Welcome sukif! If ur cycle is very regular then shld be safe for naturel fet. But if like mine (28-36 days), and u wanna do in jan, maybe medicated is more suitable. But medicated must start medication on CD2.

Hope4bb,
I used cheapo stick. Those dip in urine type.

hi ladies.. I decided to seek 2nd opinion from TCM Dr Loh today.. Really want to know are there any other approaches to increase the success rate for me.. I am even thinking of seeking 3rd opinion from Christopher Chen.. Oh man.. am I just thinking too much?

maybe you just stick to dr loh 1st since he has very good experience in this ivf procedure. you will still see your doc in jan for the report on why this cycle fail isit? maybe you can bring this report to dr loh so he can see and use another diff approach if there is any. seek a 2nd opinion 1st, if you get too many at once you may confuse yourself even more. jiayou jiayou. maybe now you can start acu twice weekly to diao your body 1st.

actually nobody mention to me endo scratch before. if i know can increase implantation, i would have go all the way out since already spent so much. i think my womb belongs to the cold category too cause i am always feeling cold. but then again i realise most of us went tcm they sure say womb cold hor? my opinion. hee

Iwantahealthybb, if u feel like testing, just test bah. :p

Hope42014, dr Loh is v experienced so u will be in good hands. Like wat Iwantahealthybb say, too many drs at 1 time may confuse. I was under him for my first fresh cycle n successfully bfp then. Heard frens share good feedback after switching to him too.

I have tried acu for my FET with blast, but only 1 embryo.. but not the endo scratch. I believe my dr think that if I can conceive during my first cycle, I should have no problem in implantation. The only difference during my first cycle is that I drink a lot of soup.. my 2nd ivf and 1st fet, I did not brew soup.. only drink red dates..

Hi Sukif.. I have only gotten 1 and it survive.. have faith in your embryos! cheer them up! :)

Sukif, I'm also doing FET at KKH in jan so we can be cycle buddies.
Dr suspects my ovulation is v irregular so hv arranged for medicated FET for me.
The nurse called n said I hv to call them on D1 of menses, collect med on D2/3. Start taking tablets from D4 onwards. Think go for scan on D10. I have collected the tablets early as I might be overseas on D4 onwards. She mentioned that if menses report after 10 jan, it might be tricky as the cycle might clash w CNY. So I'll see how it goes.

Sukif, perhaps u can call n check with dr if can do medicated FET?
For me, if menses really delay till after 10 jan, I might just kiv and do it in feb as I only hv 2 frozen embbies left too.
Read that survival rate is 75%. So long as hv 1 survive, can still do FET.
Didn't know there's a diff in survival thaw rates b/w blastocyst n d3 embryos

I have tried acu for my FET with blast, but only 1 embryo.. but not the endo scratch. I believe my dr think that if I can conceive during my first cycle, I should have no problem in implantation. The only difference during my first cycle is that I drink a lot of soup.. my 2nd ivf and 1st fet, I did not brew soup.. only drink red dates..

Hi Sukif.. I have only gotten 1 and it survive.. have faith in your embryos! cheer them up! :)

i didnt brew soup too, i drank red dates with wolf berries occassionally after ET thats all. for fet, what is the practice? they will take 2 to thaw 1st if survive they will just trf the two? if doesnt they will thaw again what is remaining in your snow bank?

Pumpkin pie,
I did medicated fet before. I remember I was given some medication to induce menses as I wanted the cycle to complete before a certain date. Discuss w ur dr if u can induce menses to come earlier.

Mesara, for your reference. Found this on the net.

3-Day Transfer
Days Past
Transfer (DPT) Embryo Development

One - The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
Two - The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
Three - The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
Four - The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Five - The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
Six - Implantation continues
Seven - Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
Eight - Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
Nine - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Ten - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Eleven - Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy
5-Day Transfer
Days Past
Transfer (DPT)Embryo Development

One - The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
Two - The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Three - The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
Four - Implantation continues
Five - Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
Six - Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
Seven - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Eight - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Nine - Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

thank you for your detailed information , any advices on diet which is good for implantation ?

I drank red date w wolfberries everyday since start of this cycle. Alternate days I add dried longan. Only Christmas eve and Christmas day itself I didnt drink coz no time was out whole day. Also drank chicken essence everyday one bottle. 3-5 brazil nuts everyday (helps implantation) My body is very yin so im not scared of heaty. I need heaty and warm stuff! As for soup I recall I drank soup everyday for the 1st week after et. Mostly bought fr coffeeshop herbal stall. I chose the huai shan pork rib soup cos huai shan (wild yam) increases progesterone. For home cooked chicken soup I put man-made cordyceps, beiqi, ginseng and wolfberries. quite tasty.

Back