IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks hi mei & nur. I'm hoping for a miracle. Nur, All the best for ur bt too!
Hi mei, rem me? We were cycle mates last time haha. How r u doing? Gg for another rd?

jasjas23,
Sorry to hear the neg news. I know its hard the first few days. Cry over it and get yourself distracted with happy things like dine out w hubby, shopping or gf dates. Time will heal all wounds. Prepare yourself for the next cycle. Dr Zou's tel is 64560833. She is at AMK Street 53.

mbbhopeful,
Don't think so much now. Wait for your beta test tmr. Who knows you'll have a surprise?

loversinparis,
After a failed fet last mth, I started going to dr zou 2x/week for acu and taking her tcm meds. I intend to go after ET too. Getting pretty used to the needles. Im more concerned abt the long Q there sometimes. I am doing another natural fet this round and hope acu will help make my endometrium more receptive. I also did endo scratching this cycle CD4.
My ET is supposedly this fri. But embryologist said can try for blastocycsts, so ET may be anytime from this fri to next mon! I am praying I made a good decision and I will have good embryos that can culture to good blastocycsts to transfer on D5. Are you doing natural or medicated fet?

princess14: I'm doing natural fet as my menses are pretty regular. This is my second fet also. What does endo scratching do for us? So u will be going dr zou straight after your et? Will it be safe? How many times do we need to go back after et?

Mbbhopeful: u also went back acupuncture straight after et? I'm thinking about this as I wonder if it will be stressful to go out after et. Like walking around too much.
I also wonder if acupuncture after et is a common practice?

Hi loversinparis, my ET was on a wed so dr zou is not open. Only went on thu & 2 more times thereafter. Actually depends on u, some ppl choose not to go back after ET. For acu on the back, u will need to lie on ur side. Cos not supposed to give pressure on ur stomach. Dr zou will advise u to walk slowly.. ;)

Thanks hi mei & nur. I'm hoping for a miracle. Nur, All the best for ur bt too!
Hi mei, rem me? We were cycle mates last time haha. How r u doing? Gg for another rd?

Yup I rem u :) going for another fresh cycle in Jan but this time changing to long protocol.

Mesara, i didn take any special tonics or milk formula during my long ivf protocol. but i did ate vitamins like folic acid, vitamin b, calcium and Coq10 ( i took a min dosage as i dont want to overdose myself, all 1 pill - i believe should be enough since some of the vitamins will come from the food we eat)

actually it doesnt seems hopeful at first, started lucrin to suppress during my D1 menses and after 2 weeks of daily lurin then i started stimulating injection of menopur 300units (day 1 of stimulating to day 9). after day 9 scan doc say follicles growing very small, dominant was 16mm and only around 18 follicles but majority was small, so doc introduce puregon 75units for me together with 300units of menopur (got to inject both from day 9-day12). at day 12 scan doc say follicles are ready, dominant 19.8mm and i have got 7-8 that is of the better size out of 18-20follicles (i dont remember my ultrasound nurse read more than 20 measurements) so was asked to trigger on that night which is day 12 (that marks my injection days). egg retrieval was 2 days later in the morning and i thought not alot (as i dont really feel that bloated), but was advised after i wake by the nurse i got 34 eggs retrieved. dont know when will my egg transfer be as its either a day 3 or day 5 transfer. wonder which is better too. i also dont know if my eggs can tahan till then.

any of you ladies here know if you will know how many eggs fertilised before your transfer date? by the way my lurin injection all the way to day 27 since start so i guess i probably belongs to the group where my protocol is indeed longer.

Oh great. All the best to u!! Can I check how do u all go for scan n acu while working? Take mc for scan and acu after work? Cos I'm starting work next yr liao.. Need to plan for my next fresh cycle

oh ya mesara, i went for acu too, dont know if it helps, but i think i feel lesser stress, dont really think that much, maybe i have try iui before and failed so this time round thou its my first ivf i thought its just another cycle. maybe the stress level will come during 2ww. my acu is at raffles hospital but not under the famous dr jin where sisters recommend in this forum (she is fully booked most of the time). started acu during the same time i start ivf. twice weekly and 2days before my egg retrieval as eve of retrieval i not free.

Hi, iwantahealthybaby I guess the embryologist will call to report the status of your embryos daily. I did my ER on 02 Dec. My embryologist called me the following day after they fertilized the eggs. Thereafter they called me every morning to update the status of my embryos as my doctor was also considering between a day 3 or day 5 transfer. Eventually I did a day5 transfer on 07 Dec. You just have to be on stand-by when they call. I guess they will monitor you for OHSS as you have many follicles retrieved.

Oh great. All the best to u!! Can I check how do u all go for scan n acu while working? Take mc for scan and acu after work? Cos I'm starting work next yr liao.. Need to plan for my next fresh cycle

Hi i just take morning leave to scan and go for acu at night after work. It was qt tiring :)

Mesara, i didn take any special tonics or milk formula during my long ivf protocol. but i did ate vitamins like folic acid, vitamin b, calcium and Coq10 ( i took a min dosage as i dont want to overdose myself, all 1 pill - i believe should be enough since some of the vitamins will come from the food we eat)

actually it doesnt seems hopeful at first, started lucrin to suppress during my D1 menses and after 2 weeks of daily lurin then i started stimulating injection of menopur 300units (day 1 of stimulating to day 9). after day 9 scan doc say follicles growing very small, dominant was 16mm and only around 18 follicles but majority was small, so doc introduce puregon 75units for me together with 300units of menopur (got to inject both from day 9-day12). at day 12 scan doc say follicles are ready, dominant 19.8mm and i have got 7-8 that is of the better size out of 18-20follicles (i dont remember my ultrasound nurse read more than 20 measurements) so was asked to trigger on that night which is day 12 (that marks my injection days). egg retrieval was 2 days later in the morning and i thought not alot (as i dont really feel that bloated), but was advised after i wake by the nurse i got 34 eggs retrieved. dont know when will my egg transfer be as its either a day 3 or day 5 transfer. wonder which is better too. i also dont know if my eggs can tahan till then.

any of you ladies here know if you will know how many eggs fertilised before your transfer date? by the way my lurin injection all the way to day 27 since start so i guess i probably belongs to the group where my protocol is indeed longer.

I find it qt amazing that there are 20 on the scan and your doc can retrieve 34!!! It is a really good number.

Cld I check w u for the lucrin only stage did the clinic ask u to jab for 2 wk before starting the other medications or u have to jab til your menses?

Hi, iwantahealthybaby I guess the embryologist will call to report the status of your embryos daily. I did my ER on 02 Dec. My embryologist called me the following day after they fertilized the eggs. Thereafter they called me every morning to update the status of my embryos as my doctor was also considering between a day 3 or day 5 transfer. Eventually I did a day5 transfer on 07 Dec. You just have to be on stand-by when they call. I guess they will monitor you for OHSS as you have many follicles retrieved.

Hi Vitaminkin, you with kkh or? so you are in your 2ww now? wishing you all the best! your 1st ivf cycle too? dont know whether if they will call me to let me know my eggs status. i did check with the nurse who told me how many eggs retrieved that day whether anybody will call me tell me how many eggs fertilised but she say no, you will only know during the day of transfer? she did mention the standby mode too, she say every morning by 9.30am starting day 2 of retrieval they will call if my eggs cannot wait and must transfer that day. she say will need to fast every 12midnite and can only start eating the next day after 9.30am just in case i need to do the transfer that day. so she did mention if no calls then i just have to automatically check in on day 5 morning for the transfer. i am with kkh.

Last edited:

i did scan in morning and went back work, after that go acu after work. very very sickening, i just feel i keep taking time off. dont know what the rest thinking too at work. i still thinking if i should go on 2weeks HL after transfer.

I find it qt amazing that there are 20 on the scan and your doc can retrieve 34!!! It is a really good number.

Cld I check w u for the lucrin only stage did the clinic ask u to jab for 2 wk before starting the other medications or u have to jab til your menses?

Hi_Mei,
i jab the lurin jab for 2weeks then go for the 1st scan & blood test to see if i can continue with the stimulating stage, during this period, my menses came and i still must jab. lurin jab cannot stop, must jab all the way till hcg shot given. i started stimulating jab menopur after 16days of lurin injection, after that everyday must jab two needles. and approaching end stimulating stage, a 3rd needle puregon was introduce as doc say my follicles growing slowly. she even mention too slow no good. i dont really know how many days of stimulating is consider good for them.

i was quite happy got 34 too but as many say, the quantity not the important one, the quality is the piority. so i am just curious how is my egg growing now at the lab.

Dear all,

I am new to the forum and currently expecting my first baby through ivf. To all those trying, all the best and don't worry or think too much as a lot of things are beyond our control.

I did my ivf in KKH due to cost and only 3 eggs were retrieved on the day or retrieval and went home and cried. There were so many questions running through my head after the egg retrieval that night and I literally cried my eyes out in the evening. It was stressful. However, we were very lucky to conceive on the first try but it was a very stressful waiting period before the blood test result is out.

So all the best to all those who are trying and try to relax. :)

nice adnil06, 1st ivf and u suceeded. positive for all of us in this forum. which doctor were you with in kkh. ya the quality of the eggs are the more important factor since the max we can also trf 2 embryos into our body only. you did day 3 trf?

For KKH, I think it is standard for most to do a day 3 transfer. However, in KKH, they do not speak much or explain much to u. Just like when I knew I only had 3 eggs retrieved, they did not explain why only 3 though before the retrieval, the scan showed about 6 follicles. The lucky thing was all 3 eggs were fertilised and according to the lab technician, they were of good quality as the eggs have started to split cells on the day of transfer. So I did 2 embryos transfer and freeze the only remaining 1. Now, I'm expecting a baby girl currently @ 26 weeks ;)

ic adnil06, ya guess they dont really sit and explain to you, they just tell you the result and expect you to hear and wait for further instructions. then its our homework to go back home and google for help and do some case study. hahaha. actually was wondering if kkh do sat or sun transfer as my standby mode actually hits the wkend. what if sun no lab technician around so who will study my embryos?

Hi iwantahealthybaby, Thank you for your well wishes. Yup i am in my 2ww and this is my 1st IVF cycle. :) I am with SGH CARE. Guess different hospital has their own practice. All the best to u and your embryos. Jiayou !

I don't think they do egg transfer on sunday. Saturday probably function on half day only. Not sure who will monitor the eggs though....

Congratulations! hope4bb, wishing you a smooth and happy pregnancy!! Your success is a very good encouragement for every one here. I am so happy for you.

hope4bb, congrats!!! Take care and can celebrate now!
I am currently on HL but still working from home..I am just trying to stay positive as I went through the same thing with my last baby.

Tq for all ur well wish. Was like a dream when I got the call. Have been waiting for today for many years. Tq for all the advices and encouragements from all of u. I wish all of u will soon got ur good news!
Snuuggly, I hope ur spotting has stop. When is ur 1st appt for the first trimester scan? Base on the scan form, the nurse written me as 5 week and 4 day on 20 Dec. Do u have any idea how they calculate it? Issit from the date of ER?

Congrats hope4bb!! V happy for u :)
Maybe we shld all take chicken essence everyday during 2ww since u n snuggly had it haha

congrats hope4bb :)

iwantahealthybaby, during my 2ww I had pinkish spotting. Google and read that it could be due to implantation. If you are worried, maybe you can drop by the 24hrs kk clinic instead of doing wild guessing...

thanks adnil06, will do if that happens to me during my 2ww. hope to hear some good news call from kkh soon. trying to know how my eggs are doing in the lab. i probably will be in a panic stage during the 2ww as my 2nd iui ended up in chemical pregnancy. was so devasted positive yet bleeding all the way (i still thought its my menses as the blood came exactly the same date as my af) regretted not doing much when i realise i am bleeding, maybe if i have went to get injection support all will be well. but anyway just looking forward to my good closure of year 2013. hopefully i can start year 2014 with a mini me inside my stomach :)

Mbbhopeful, beside taking chicken essence amd brazil nuts, I also drink herbal soup every alternate day. The herbal soup contain of bei qi, dang gui, dang sheng, red dates and gou qi. Cos mom said all this are to keep our body espacially uterus warm. Now need to continue taking also. I'll try to take daily if can. As must male sure uterus are always "warm".

If I am not wrong, they will fertilised all the eggs and then during the 5 days, they will see how many eggs survived the best and picked the best ones to transfer. This is done for those who have many eggs retrieved like yourself. This method of doing is also to increase the chances of success rate so be positive!

After the positive blood test, I went back to work for 1 week and had spotting the next week, I went into KKH 24hr clinic and they did not do anything but gave me 2 days MC to rest at home as I will be having an appt with my ivf doc on the 2nd day of my MC and told me to just continue taking the medication I was given. Actually, after I left the 24hr clinic, I had bad bleeding but I thought it was due to the vaginal scan the doc did. But then when I went for my doc visit, the doc said the scan shouldn't be the cause of the bleeding. Then, she ordered a jab for me that day but was not given an MC so I returned to work the next day. 2 days later, I had spotting again and I was contemplating if I should go to 24hr clinic again a not. My husband then said for a peace of mind we should just go but then again, gave me MC only. This is when I decided to go back to my gynae in TMC which I guess was a right choice I made. My gynae persuaded me to be warded for 3 days for observation which I was reluctant at first but I glad I did. So I was bleeding on and off during the stay and in the end I was warded for a good 10 days. But no matter what, at least now everything is stablised. So if you are in doubt, just go to a doctor and seek 2nd opinion if needed.

thanks adnil06 for your advise, will keep a careful lookout if my bt is positive, getting preg is hard staying preg is a challenge. i shall do whatever i can too should any doubts arise after that.

yes probably u are right, if my eggs dont detoriate during these few days i will progress to 5 day transfer then on that day then i will know the result how many fertilised. keeping fingers crossed!

i just call kkh to check with nurse if they do transfer on sunday, she say sometime. dont know how true. anyway she was telling me i should go down for a blood test 2 days after egg retrieval (i think for ohss) as i got 34eggs retreived, but i told her no one tell me so and after a check on my file she then mention ya doc already confirm no need do blood test. wondering how the doc know for sure dont need. by the way i am still having spotting after egg retrieval. how many days will the spotting stop. dont like the cramping feeling after er. its so bad, i keep passing gas and feel like shitting, cramp was so bad i cannot walk too. other than that no vomiting or others.

I did not experience all that as mine was fast for everything hahaha.... my whole injection process is only 8 days and I did not feel any bloating or cramping before the egg retrieval. I had bad experience for the egg retrieval though because I was awake throughout the procedure and I could even say to my doc "so fast done?" when she said the retrieval was complete. :( I had bleeding and very mild cramping and was ok the next day. You might want to try drinking ginger tea to get rid of the gas.

Hope4bb,
Congrats!!! Feel so encouraged to hear positive news. Oh but can we take dang gui? I asked dr zou she said cannot wor. But I initially thought dang gui should be good to warm body.

I did not experience all that as mine was fast for everything hahaha.... my whole injection process is only 8 days and I did not feel any bloating or cramping before the egg retrieval. I had bad experience for the egg retrieval though because I was awake throughout the procedure and I could even say to my doc "so fast done?" when she said the retrieval was complete. :( I had bleeding and very mild cramping and was ok the next day. You might want to try drinking ginger tea to get rid of the gas.

whao i thought they will give you general anesthesia and will be sleeping during the er process? i still remember i was trying hard to be awake but the vision slowly become blur and before i knew it i was completely knocked out. lolx. but i do remember them waking me up to ask me to shift to the bed so they can push me out of the mini operating room to the recovery area. and right after i ko again. hahaha.

Hope4bb, thanks that's gd info! Did u buy the ingredients from medical hall and brew them urself? I'm only drinking longan red date tea everyday. I do feel cold easily so my uterus might really not be warm enough

Tq for all ur well wish. Was like a dream when I got the call. Have been waiting for today for many years. Tq for all the advices and encouragements from all of u. I wish all of u will soon got ur good news!
Snuuggly, I hope ur spotting has stop. When is ur 1st appt for the first trimester scan? Base on the scan form, the nurse written me as 5 week and 4 day on 20 Dec. Do u have any idea how they calculate it? Issit from the date of ER?

Congrats hope4bb!! Have a healthy pregnancy!

Hope4bb, thanks that's gd info! Did u buy the ingredients from medical hall and brew them urself? I'm only drinking longan red date tea everyday. I do feel cold easily so my uterus might really not be warm enough

I read that ginger is warming too... So asked Dr Zou abt it she said can eat too... Will be making ginger tea.

whao i thought they will give you general anesthesia and will be sleeping during the er process? i still remember i was trying hard to be awake but the vision slowly become blur and before i knew it i was completely knocked out. lolx. but i do remember them waking me up to ask me to shift to the bed so they can push me out of the mini operating room to the recovery area. and right after i ko again. hahaha.

They did anesthesia for me but I think it wasn't strong enough to knock me out. I did share with the anesthesiologist that I had a day operation before and I threw up after waking up. Maybe that's why she didn't give me a strong dosage? I really don't know....:confused:

hi ladies, I will be returning 50 eggs to Shuang Lin Shi at Toa Payoh this sun (15th Dec) before 2pm. I have promised to return 200 eggs but hubby say if return 200 eggs at a shot and nobody takes, it will be a waste. so we will return 50 eggs each time every sun. I will post again next sun for the next timing incase there are some who missed out on taking the eggs.

Pls do not be discouraged as I was oso ttcing for quite some time. Hang on and do not give up!

Hi Ladies, it's my bb's full mth tmr and i'll be returning 50 red eggs at the zhu sheng niang altar at the toa payoh shuang lin temple at about 2 pm.. if any of you interested, can go and take.. I had also taken the eggs returned by an ivf mummy who had twins last yr and received her blessings and succeeded in my ivf.. Baby dusts to all!! :)

Back