IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sisters I am still feeling cramps in pelvic area and back. Is it normal during stim or means ohss. Pls advise. Thanks.
I have no ohss... so cannot comment. I have no cramp during stimulation except from the day I started the ER. Did you call the nurse or doctor to check out?

Mesara: I had mild ohss after my er in my first fresh cycle. The cramps were pretty bad and I was hunched over just from it. I was given antibiotics to take after and also drank isotonic drinks like h2o. It went away after a few days. Do check with your dr if u are ohss and need to take any medication. Severe cases need to be hospitalised.

Snuuggly: Rest more! And no more heavy stuff to carry..in this forum, everyone use so much time, efforts to try to conceive. Now u are pregnant,must super take care ok! :) Have a smooth safe 9mths pregnancy.

Mbbhopeful: Sorry to hear about the news. Pick yourself up and try again. Meantime, take a short break and just relax.

Sisters I am still feeling cramps in pelvic area and back. Is it normal during stim or means ohss. Pls advise. Thanks.
Mesara, ohss only happens after ER and with a lot of follicles. 10 is a good number and won't land u into ohss. I notice that u hv been having this aches and pains even before starting on stimulation. Are u alright? Please don't be stress about this fresh cycle. Just enjoy it, u are in good hands. Take simple panadol to ease your aches now. Make sure your sleeping posture is good n u hv a good night rest every night.

Thanks sisters. The day before af till today am in pain constantly. Cramps at abdomen uterus ovaries and back. Have took alot of painkillers. Prof said its endo and adeno causing pain and really wants me preggy this cycle. This pain has affected my work n hone life. Its v miserable to be in constant pain sisters. I will ask prof for some good b safe painkillers to tahan till et. Tomorrow day 9 scan. Started cetrotide liao. Kumyin am following yr protocol and hooe to have bfp soon.

y r u inserting utrogeston?

I was actually given that prescription after egg retrieval and was told by nurse to start inserting 2 days later. That's why I don't know should I continue even on day of transfer? I know after that probably you need to insert but how about morning since the instruction was 3x a day

mesara : Yes definitely ask prof for more effective pain killer now. You are almost there. Everytime you have pain think of holding your baby in your arms soon. Jia you :)

iwantahealthybaby : when I went for all my ET, I have been told by the nurses not to insert anything that morning. Best to check with your dr/ ivf nurses what you should do. Best of luck for your ET :)

Thanks kum_yin, I probably give them a call tomorrow morning.

Snuggly thanks for the info. Wonder if his aptm is always full? Very hard to get appointment?

Thanks sisters. The day before af till today am in pain constantly. Cramps at abdomen uterus ovaries and back. Have took alot of painkillers. Prof said its endo and adeno causing pain and really wants me preggy this cycle. This pain has affected my work n hone life. Its v miserable to be in constant pain sisters. I will ask prof for some good b safe painkillers to tahan till et. Tomorrow day 9 scan. Started cetrotide liao. Kumyin am following yr protocol and hooe to have bfp soon.

Hi mesara hope u are feeling better after the painkillers. Hang in there. Ur ER shd be coming soon :)

I was actually given that prescription after egg retrieval and was told by nurse to start inserting 2 days later. That's why I don't know should I continue even on day of transfer? I know after that probably you need to insert but how about morning since the instruction was 3x a day

Better u call the hospital nurse to confirm with them. How r u feeling now? Good luck :)

Hi mei thanks for asking. Am better but still phobhia when pain attack will come. Today day 8 scan. Follies frm 7-13mm. Wonder if gonal f will increase from 200 dosage. Scared of er.

Mesara.. do not be scare.. Your follies size is good.. how many follicles do you have? Your dosage is low... The last time I have is around 225..

Mesara: jiayou! Don't be worried. My dosage was increased from 200 to 300. 10 follicles is quite gd already.

Nur: all the best for your BT today!

To all sisters who are ttc, jiayou and don't give up! There's an article today on ivf. 2 in 3 women who had sought help get pregnant only after at least 3 attempts. 1 lady even tried 7 times before she was successful with the help of tcm.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...lp-conceive-despite-low-success-rate-20131216

Chr called to continue gonal f 200. When do u think will er be.
It all depends on the follicles size and the lining. My guess is another 6 days more..

mbbhopeful.. I read the articles.. It takes a big courage to keep trying for 7 times.. but I guess she might be a housewife.. I do not think my boss will be too happy if I keep taking long hospitalisation leave.

Hi mei thanks for asking. Am better but still phobhia when pain attack will come. Today day 8 scan. Follies frm 7-13mm. Wonder if gonal f will increase from 200 dosage. Scared of er.

Mesara, Don't worry, is this ur first ivf? in my experience, ER was not painful at all (had 7 follicles). U probably have a few days to go, usually follicles grow abt 1-2mm per day. Don't be scared, you are doing great!

Mbbhopeful, thank you for your article, it was really very encouraging. I was so disappointed when my fresh cycle failed twice. Esp my colleague went through it and got twins, she was even telling me mb i get twins too. But cycle failed lo. Wish I could share this article with hubby so he can be more understanding. His mindset is that ivf is artificial and costs so much money, he rather not do it. He doesn't seem to understand that it is so much more tougher for me and i am willing to do it to give him a kid that he loves and a grand kid that his parents will love.

But I was quite surprised by the success stats, it really does seem quite low, compared to the stats that KKH showed me (but they were from an earlier year).

Ya got a few 12mm so think thu when I go d12 scan shud be ready. Btw am confused to take immunocal or ensure. Hw sisters??

Snuuggly, I'm so happy to hear that ur baby heart beat can be detached! Really happy for u. How is ur bleeding? Oh ya, have u done any dating scan?

Hi Mel, yup checked! the nurse say on the day of transfer don't need to insert. My cramps are better now. Still feel bloated thou.

Will update you girls once I know no. Of eggs fertilised.

Any ladies here did a 5 day transfer? How many blastocyst did you decide to put in during your et day?

My appt with kkh is tmr. Today I was supposed to see dr loh again at tmc. Thank god heartbeat detected although spotting has not stopped....

Gd news snuuggly, totally understand how you feel. Now can relax till your next aptm with fr loh. So you mention tomorrow you going back kkh, is to see your doc in charge or back ivf centre?

Ya got a few 12mm so think thu when I go d12 scan shud be ready. Btw am confused to take immunocal or ensure. Hw sisters??

Mesara don't worry too much, my day 8 scan wasn't good too and got to come back on day 9 again to check and was finally ask to increase dosage for another 3days. At day 12 biggest follicle is 19.8mm and scan show good 7-8 follicles that have chances. But guess what my er got a total 34eggs. Miracle do happen. I was worried like you too whether will I inject pass the days recommended or will I need to stop the treatment halfway etc.

Hi Mel, yup checked! the nurse say on the day of transfer don't need to insert. My cramps are better now. Still feel bloated thou.

Will update you girls once I know no. Of eggs fertilised.

Any ladies here did a 5 day transfer? How many blastocyst did you decide to put in during your et day?

if its your first FET, I think max is 2. Only subsequent they allow max of 3.

Adnil06, yup my 1st ivf, cause I understand from some internet a 5 day transfer more chance of getting twins, so I am thinking what no. Should I ask to transfer when doc ask me the question.

Another 3 more days to my BT.. I beginning to feel AF cramp.. :confused: I hope it is not coming... pray...

Mesara.. you have few more days to grow the lining.. its really progressing well..
iwantahealthybaby.. I have done a day 5 transfer previously and transfer 2... you never know which one will stick to you. I only have 1 that stick to me then..

Snuuggly, I'm so happy to hear that ur baby heart beat can be detached! Really happy for u. How is ur bleeding? Oh ya, have u done any dating scan?
Can't recall what dating scan is? Hahaha but my etd is national day :)
Bleeding is no change. Every time it wipe, sometimes a lot, sometimes little.....

Snuggly, good to hear that bb's heartbeat is detected!
I'm the same as u. Was with dr Loh when he was ivf head at KKH n followed him to tmc after I successfully bfp.
Now gonna do my fet with dr Sadhana when nx af reports.. Likely early jan. Hope to get a 2nd bundle of joy

All the best to sisters embarking er/et, 2ww and those waiting for 1st checkup after bfp!

Ladies do you all know which part of ivf cost the most to add up to 10-13k? I roughly calculate the medication for stimulation cost me most 2k. What other charges will be deducted from medisave? Blood test and admin charges was paid by cash upfront.

Snuuggly, wow! National Day baby! Happy for u! U did a Day 2 ET on 21 Nov right? Hope to more and more good news from you. As long as baby is growing and I hope ur bleeding soon will stop. Take care ya!
Can't recall what dating scan is? Hahaha but my etd is national day :)
Bleeding is no change. Every time it wipe, sometimes a lot, sometimes little.....

Hope42014: yup think so too. Her husband is a sg biz man, must b v rich..

Hi mei: u can let ur husband know ivf baby is afterall you n his jie jing.. For me, I think if we can't go the natural way, if technology can help, why not?

Ya the success rate seems to be much lower!! I'm also super disappointed after 2 failures. 1st attempt dr told me 50% success rate that's why I keep thinking confirm will bingo one. Boohoo. N I actually took 3mths of unpaid leave to do this but gg back ofc next yr with a flat tummy. Dunno how I'm gg to handle the next fresh cycle..

Snuuggly: that's v gd news!! National day baby! But normally actual delivery date will be earlier right. Rem to rest more..

Snuuggly feel so happy for u. Have a safe and smooth nine months ahead.

Hope2014 all the best for yr upcoming bt

Iwantahealthybaby day12 is coming soon and am getting very anxious abt this whole thing. Franticalky reading up on follie sizes n ideal e2 levels...hooe can relax but tough ar.

Mesara don't worry too much, my day 8 scan wasn't good too and got to come back on day 9 again to check and was finally ask to increase dosage for another 3days. At day 12 biggest follicle is 19.8mm and scan show good 7-8 follicles that have chances. But guess what my er got a total 34eggs. Miracle do happen. I was worried like you too whether will I inject pass the days recommended or will I need to stop the treatment halfway etc.
What was your e2 like?

mesara, frankly speaking i didnt even know my e2, whats that for? actually during my scans they only roughly let me glance through the follicle size and the no. of follicles, i didnt even know what lining or so on. but i do remember during the ultrascan by the nurse she read something like triple lining to her assistant. sometimes i wonder isit i didn ask much or they didnt explain much.

hope42014, so you did a 5day transfer on your 1st ivf? so this round your fet is also blastocyst stage? another 2 days to your BT, hope to hear your good news soon. another positive news for all of us to look forward to.

by the way i did the transfer already, the doctor say 24 was fertilised out of 34 retrieved but i cannot remember the no. of matured eggs he mention. but the thing is he say my eggs are growing very slowly so cannot advise how many will be frozen, he say thou its a 5day transfer only 1 blastocyst is nice and the rest are growing thou still look good. in end i listen to his suggestion to put 2 back so they selected the BEST 2 of my blastocyst, 1 is much bigger than the other and that is the so call better grade, doc say the other looks like it will grow well too so dont know. just hope for the best. oh and the nurse and doc also mention 1-2days will be the implantation since this is a 5day transfer.

was your 1st 5 day transfer implantation took place 1-2 days after? anyway will you feel it? as i am spotting from the transfer dont know when will stop so even implant and spot i probably will not know too.

Last edited:

Back