IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sisters, today I went for scan. Finally I have a dominant follicle 19mm. My lining is 11.5mm. By right can take trigger shot alrdy right? But my dr is asking me to take daily bld test till a drop is noted then trigger shot. Anyone can explain why this process? Im worried the follicle grow too big and release before I can do trigger. I really dun wanna miss the trigger shot as I need a strong ovulation as my LH is very weak. When is the trigger shot given for you all?

any one has experience on regular but low flow of menses. found out very little of menses these two mths....... never happened before deh.....
still suitable for ivf ?

Hazelnut: sorry to hear abt that. Did your af arrive before beta? Maybe doc will recommend womb scratching for better implantation.

Princess14: what is bld test? How are your other follicles? Maybe they wana wait for the rest of the follicles to be above 14? I had my trigger shot that very night when I scanned lining 10mm n dominant follicle was already 22mm.

Hi Ladies.. a quick question.. Im on 9dp3dt FET. (only managed to get 2 embryos on ice from my fresh cycle which failed) Having spotting for the whole day today and yesterday was pinkish (sorry TMI). Been having cramps for a few days already. Any of you experience this before? Im already half expecting menses to come full flow tomorrow.. which would confirm my suspicions.. :((

I'm good snuggly not giving up :) just seen Dr loh tdy and moving on! AF came tdy and just in time for everything so getting ready for a new move! May everyone stay positive and not give up! God has His perfect plans for all of us. The best is yet to come. Hang in there!

Nope af didnt arrive until I stopped the inserts for 2 days. I just decided to do my bt early on 13dp5dt cos I think it's long enough. At least I can get my Af coming sooner than later. Dr loh didn't think it's a womb issue but a batch prob done at the previous hospital.
Hazelnut: sorry to hear abt that. Did your af arrive before beta? Maybe doc will recommend womb scratching for better implantation.

Princess14: what is bld test? How are your other follicles? Maybe they wana wait for the rest of the follicles to be above 14? I had my trigger shot that very night when I scanned lining 10mm n dominant follicle was already 22mm.

I'm good snuggly not giving up :) just seen Dr loh tdy and moving on! AF came tdy and just in time for everything so getting ready for a new move! May everyone stay positive and not give up! God has His perfect plans for all of us. The best is yet to come. Hang in there!
Indeed, glad you are doing well.
I am also seeing Dr Loh SF and he saw me through my first miscarriage and attended to me for my second FET. This time, although I did my FET at KKHIVF, I am going straight back to him too. He is the best!

Will the inserts prevent af? R u also using cyclogest? Oic. I read tt dr Loh is v gd. U r in good hands!! Jiayou~~
Im was on cyclogest the last 2 fet and utrogestan this last rpund. Technically they do prevent af even not pregnant cos it keeps your progesterone level up. But some sisters here do get their af before stopping. But for me af will come 2-3 days after stopping for all my 3 rounds of cycle.

hazelnut,
Good to hear your positive attitude! Yes! God has perfect plans for us and he will definitely bless us.
Im due for my 3rd FET this Friday. *excited and worried* Today I just went in for ovidrel trigger shot even though I detected my LH surge on OPK. Just thought I needed more hormones to support, whether or not I ovulated myself. I always thought I have weak ovulations.
You mentioned Dr Loh said he thinks yours is a 'batch problem'? What does this mean?

mbbhopeful,
Im doing natural FET, so only need to track 1 dominant follicle for ovulation. I did pretty regular blood tests this cycle just to track more closely what is happening to my body. The tests are LH, Prog and Estrogen levels.

@princess14 cos I had 38 eggs retrieved for my fresh n 10 frozen. When I transferred the remaining 7 to Dr Loh's lab, the embrologist mentioned that all of them are not worth freezing etc. He feels that it's the lab condition during freezing that may also affect the result of the frozen embryoy or smthng like that. I think he also did consider that our age and all my tests rpts are good. He said through all my scans and when he scanned he didn't think it's a uterine problem.
All the best for your upcoming fet!

To all the sisters that are still ttc, no matter what, we must be strong and don't easy give up! I'm sure our turn will come very soon. Always stay positive!!!!

hazelnut,
Sorry to hear that. I hope there's still a few good ones! Perhaps u can ask Dr Balaji to thaw more and pick the better 2 since you have so many frozen embbies. If more than 2 are good then perhaps refreeze the rest? Else so wasted leh.. The freezing was done at KK initially?

Anyone knows if E2 (estrogen) levels at trigger 2100 sounds too high? I don't recall my last cycle being that high. Im doing natural fet, no medications, and only 1 dominant follicle.

Vivine, I am cycling with you! Starting long protocol once AF reports. Supposed to come end nov, but I have irregular periods. So just waiting...

Mbbhopeful, so far so good, except feeling cramp everyday. Wish I can spread the baby dust.
How bout u? Are u in ur 2ww too? All the best ya.

Hope4bb, yup my bt is this fri, 1 day after urs! I've only got bloating n v occasional on n off "a few seconds" cramps. Not sure whether inserts is stopping af but for my previous rd, I used a diff insert but af still arrived punctually.

My hub keep asking me whether wana do hpt. But I'm so scared of disappointment. Told him I can't take another failure anymore.

Now just hoping n praying for the best. All the best to u too!! :)

Hi princess14, thank you for your reply. Yup was given medications to insert below till egg transfer. I had 34eggs retrieved but don't know how many will be fertilised. Doc hope to do a day 5 transfer but will need to be standby mode in case the fertilised eggs cannot wait that long. Crossing my finger.
By the way my trigger shot was done when my biggest follicle is 19.8mm and only 7-8 is of the acceptable size out of total 20 follicles. But was shock during egg retrieval total of 34eggs retrieve which means I got more than 34 follicles.

Vivine, I am cycling with you! Starting long protocol once AF reports. Supposed to come end nov, but I have irregular periods. So just waiting...

oh. I am waiting for D21 then start injection. i will start my injection on 26 Dec. my period is regular just with low flow these few mths... just dont know why, but Dr said still can proceed for the cycle. just keep in touch and share info.

Jus to share... gotten my blood test this morning and tested negative... Anyone can share the procedures for FET transfer?? Anymore injections to take etc?? Wat shld I do next?? does tcm acupuncture help?? Realli down and low...

Hi..its been awhile since I last come into the forum. Took a rather long break. Starting frozen cycle. Like to see if anyone succeeded with acupuncture? im also thinking to go before cycle. Heard a friend say she go dr zou for acupuncture and even did it after et. Is this common? Will it affect embryo?
Thanks in advance for any reply!

Jasjas : Sorry to hear about the neg blood test.Hope u feel better soon.I had neg before so I know its really a down time.Try to stay positive. Im doing natural fet so no injections or medications except for aspirin to take from d2 of menses. Menses come, call kk and they wil advise u what to do. Mainly ultrasound scans from d10 onwards, then once lining is ok,follicle size also big enough and ovulation urine test positive,will go in et in 3days time depending on your frozen embryos is d2 or d3 etc. Hope info helps.

Mbbhopeful,
I'm so nervous for tmr beta test. Has been poas since 7 Dec. Will wait til tmr beta test. I wish can sleep well tonight. Jia you!!

Hope4bb, are ur hpt happy results? Hee. I wish u all the best tmr!!! I think I might be gone case this rd. Just now itchy hand went to poas but bfn. Super sadded. Then kept reading that bloating n af delaying are all effects of cyclogest. Boohoo.

Jasjas & loversinparis: I cried a few days after -ve beta. Went tcm n acupuncture. After ET, acu only 3 times to help implantation. I also did natural fet with no injection. If u ovulate regularly, doc will recommend natural fet. If not will be medicated which triggers ovu.

Hope4bb all the best for your bt.

Tsf adeno is endo in uterus. Uterus become swollen n bulky. Labor like af pain is one symptom. U knw sun early morning pain started. Popped painkillers. Mon saw prof to start gonalf. He gave painkillers but didnt work. Mon night went raffles ane to get jab. Pain subside but came back tue morning. Went kk ane tue noin to get jab. So much suffering af causes me.

wonder if all these painkillers during stim will affect follies. Worried. My right ovary slightly high n got 2 cysts so prof said mite not have many eggs. Left afc 5 right 4. Does the number of follies remain or increase with gonalf sisters.

jasjas, sorry to hear about that. Allow urself to cry it loud if u need. I truly understand how u feel. I took me sometime to come out from the down period. The most important is I must stand strong after this. Go for a short vacation and come back to be stronger. Don't give up. I believe soon our turn will arrive.

Mbbhopeful, those results seems making me excited. :)
I'm keeping my finger cross amd pray hard for the good news tmr.
Don't be affect by the hpt as always wait til the beta test. Rest well amd keep praying. Talk to ur embries.

Hope4bb, thanks for ur encouragement. I encourage myself by thinking that maybe I have late implanters ah crap haha. I will congratulate u officially tmr!! Excited for u too. Can share when those hpt first showed happy results?

jasjas23,
Sorry to hear the neg news. I know its hard the first few days. Cry over it and get yourself distracted with happy things like dine out w hubby, shopping or gf dates. Time will heal all wounds. Prepare yourself for the next cycle. Dr Zou's tel is 64560833. She is at AMK Street 53.

mbbhopeful,
Don't think so much now. Wait for your beta test tmr. Who knows you'll have a surprise?

loversinparis,
After a failed fet last mth, I started going to dr zou 2x/week for acu and taking her tcm meds. I intend to go after ET too. Getting pretty used to the needles. Im more concerned abt the long Q there sometimes. I am doing another natural fet this round and hope acu will help make my endometrium more receptive. I also did endo scratching this cycle CD4.
My ET is supposedly this fri. But embryologist said can try for blastocycsts, so ET may be anytime from this fri to next mon! I am praying I made a good decision and I will have good embryos that can culture to good blastocycsts to transfer on D5. Are you doing natural or medicated fet?

Sorry to ask again... any other good physician to recommend besides dr zou?? Thinking that amk may be a big far... thx all for ur console n encouragement... I will definitely try again...

Hope4bb, good luck tmr! I am sure we will hear good news.
Btw, I started spotting yesterday....still not stopping today so I went for progesterone jab and increased my progynova dosage....now just praying hard.......

Jasjas- I know how u feel, just take it easy for a bit, go for a short trip. Remember that you (and all of us) are much stronger than the rest and we can overcome any hiccups along the way. It may not seem easy now bt u will get through it.

Snuuggly, thanks. :)
U must have more bed rest. Try not to walk alot. Dr gave u any MC or HL now? I think the most important is to rest. Pray for u and bb.

Back