IVF/ICSI Support Group

congrats pink m & rainbow! i came in here to steal some babydust... haha...

yeo, i also only 1 frozen embbie... u r not alone... i just started seeing dr zou too...

Rainbow.... U made it !!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! Collecting babydust from u.....so happy for u... I wana be like u.. Bfp Bfp.
I reach ard 8.15am...
Was a long wait. I actually drank nearly. A litre of water on my way. Suay tummyache ... So all went down d drain.
Restart again. Haha.. Requested d nurse prescan for me n I was very very full.. I ask permission go release she afriad i can't control n lose all n dr Loh will scold. Plus if back n I m not there.. He'll scold too.. Hehe.. But d nurse gave in n I got my wish granted. Hengz... I was putting on d rope n dr Loh came in!! He was in gd mood today...

I m feeling more n more bloated... Today was d worst in comparison. N nauseous too... Was only given prengyl jab support lei...took 2 packs Immunocal. Ginger tea, eggwhites... Not sure if it's gastric reflux or pure bloatedness.. N I keep going toilet. Slight twitching pain..

Hi rainbow
Comgrat.. So happy to see so much bb dust flooding.. Hope it will continue all the way...;) rest well ya..

Hi yeo
Hugz.. Dun be sad.. U still can use fet to get bfp k.. Jiayou and u will bfp soon..

Hi jok
Thks for ur advise.. Really valuable for me.. Do u feel any cramp or pain when wakeup at the moment u finish ur procedure?how long did u stay in hospital till u finish the procedure? Wonder will we be able to get insurance claim for removing polyps? Can we claim for the consultation too? Hmm.. I wonder will the gynea write the correct terms in the mc so that we can claim.. Thk u gal..

Joanne... I deducted $1250 fm medisave, insurance co pays back $1078. They dun pay for gst. The rest my co paid me back in cash.

How big is Yr polyp? Mine was only 0.3mm so after surgery I dun feel any pain at all. I din even take any pain killer too. I had spotting for one to two hours then stop bleeding le. U dun worry so much k. Is a minor surgery only

Hi all! I'm new here and just wanna learn more bout the IVF journey. I'm currently on D4 lucrin today. Just wondering where you guys get the info on what hormone level is appropriate for which stage? And what is the level of bt to indicate pregnancy? Are we prescribed antibiotics prior to er or et? Diet wise, should I be stocking up on the supplements you guys have been suggesting? I'm only taking folic acid, royal jelly and vit c(redoxon) for now. But nurse said must stop royal jelly prior to et?? Bought Brazilian nuts but can only eat during 2ww is it? And during the stimulation stage must eat how many eggs a day and what's the function of immunocal?? Sorry so many qns... Very blur lah

joanne,
I dun feel any pain or cramp at all. You have to inform the counter when u are making the front payment tat time tat you like to claim ins. They won't put in the bill saying its related to pregnancy. Dun worry its a simple op. My polyp oso very small dr loh say can oso dun remove, but advise to remove to avoid any mc for the next ivf if tis the cause.

snuuggly, stickybb, bb_jo21, minakochang, Sasha, mill, calzz, ceraine n Joanne: thanks!!! I hope u sistas will bfp soon too! Let's us all continue to take turns flooding this forum w lots of bb dusts!!!
happy.gif
Sayang embies more... During my 2ww till even now, my hand will always b on my lower ab, sayanging my two darlings as much as possible... Hee hee!

calzz: dun worry abt having just 1frozen embie... It will be a strong embie enjoying e warmth in u...
happy.gif

babyluck n stickybb: yes! At 1st I wasn't confident of doing FET, but I'm glad it turns out well. So both of u must hv confidence in your embies too.
happy.gif

day: I can't wait to see +ve sign on hpt... I went to buy 4 (1 normal 2-line, 1 that allows me to break e hpt n keep e results n 2 digital w no. of week pregnant)... Haha... Dunno how e 2nd one works... I tot of buying 3 digital hpt so that i can hv diffierent results shown in their picture... But this morning I used, it says I'm 2-3 wks (=4-5wks based on last af)... So fast? I was waiting for 1-2 to appear... Never mind, at least I hv 2 out of e 3 pics to take photo n keep... :p

pink M: thanks!! We did ET on e same day n bfp on e same day! So happy!!! Now it's another worry... Hope to c heartbeats blinking nicely on e screen...
happy.gif

stickybb: I'm coming to 32 soon... Hv been trying from my 20s to 30s... Really a long-awaited wish come true... :p

minakochang: after my fresh cycle, I rest for about 7 mths b4 my FET... I did a natural thaw cycle... Will u b doing natural or medicated?

Sasha: yes, I had my 1st uninterrupted long sleep last night! It's really a big relief... Hope u n ann can join me soon!! ;)

snuuggly, i reach Dr Zou place about 6.45pm. The lady in white was after me. I was wearing black blouse with jean skirt.

During accu session, I heard a couple came to thanks Dr Zou. Overheard her talking they succeed through fet and got twins! From their tone of voice, can really sense their happiness and excitment!!

I made appt to come for accu every Tue and Fri @ 7pm. If got chance, we can meet up!

Rainbow, I only got 3 frozen embbies and Dr SF Loh ask me to do natural thaw cycle. May I ask how often do you need to go for u/s? Must detect LH surge b4 et?

ceraine,
haha, it's feels weird hor... Go toilet also must get permission... Feel touched by how Dr Loh give u jia you by a simple touch on your hand... He's so gd to u... He only said gd luck n wish us all e best... haha... I rem he was all smiles... But maybe in his heart, he wasn't happy w me cos firstly, I wasn't around when they asked me in for ET... N secondly, during ET, bladder wasn't full... Notti patient... :p I emailed him last night to thank him liao... Heehee!

It's gd to hv some bloatedness... day n I got it during my 2ww too... the 1st few days was quite bad for me... I still walk ard w a big tummy... Feel v pai seh... U try not to think too much abt e bloatedness, just eat what u hv to eat these 2 wks n time will pass fast...
happy.gif

minakochang, below r what I did for my ET:
day10: u/s + ovln kit @ kk
day11: ovln kit @ home ( was asked to go kk for u/s if +ve, but it wasn't)
day12: u/s + ovln kit @ kk (clear +ve)
day14: ET

natural FET is really fast... The whole cycle is completed in less than 3 wks...
happy.gif

Rainbow,
Was catching up on last night's posts n the first thing I saw was your BFP! CONGRATS!!!!!
happy.gif
KK won't bother to check again it's true. Your next scan must wait till 6 week. Do u intend to do another beta on your own?

Miracle - I was given insert & utro support after ER. Immediately after ET 1 bt to monitor E2 & p level, day 4 & day 6 or 7 another BT if level not high, will be given pregynl jab or up utro dosage. I was also given progynova after 1st BT. If ur friend never receive any calls after BT dun worry just continue with support, no calls means good news! But beta bt result good or bad they'll call

gd morning syrah! Thanks!!
happy.gif
Nurse was saying there's no need to repeat bt... So I think I'll just wait for 1st scan... I'm scared of needles, if can avoid another bt, it'll be gd... :p

Or is it advisable to repeat again? I dunno...
Do I need to continue my brazil nuts n egg whites?

rainbow, may i ask how long is your average cycle days? Mine is 32-34days so I dun ovulate so early. It really good tat you manage to test +ve opk on cd12. How many days mc were you given? Did you take own annual leave from co to rest @ hm during 2ww?

Rainbow
Yah.. Was very touched by him. But he nearly gave hubb a scare.. When he came in.. Saying he doing minispot check.. Ask hubb if nurse got ask his name n ic etc.. After he produce. Wa s itconfirmed again..hubb told him he didn't check. Diaoz.. Even ask him wife name, sure I m d wife etc.. Hubb really had a scare.. He Thot dr Loh going to announce
his sperm cannot used!!!we waited 2 Hr plus for dr Loh. When he asked if we waited longZz I lying say No.

Glad u had ure long sleep yesdae night... Sweet dreams yeah..
I m still d same.. wakie at 4+,6+,7+... Hvnt been getting quality sleep since IVF..sayang my babe n ask them to sleep, not tired meh.. Wakie so early... Haha
I was tossing n turning in bed ..will that be too much exertion on d tummy??
Yah.. Heard slight bloat is gd.. ESP if it's continues till day 8 n longer...

Morn Sistas!

Rainbow, ask u ah... Do u know what are the chances of surviving the thaw if my dear embbie is 10-12 cells d4 before it was frozen?

Morning Rainbow... no not yet bf even tot I woke up so early. fasting for body check-up at 9:30am ... now very hungry ... awww

Rainbow,
It's really up to u if u wish to do another beta. The other way is to scan earlier like what sesame n I did n saw the sacs. But we did that cos we were spotting on n off. If everything is well just wait till 6 weeks. Btw your spotting stopped? Did they give u extra support? There's no need for brazil nuts anymore since that's for implantation. U can still take egg whites for proteins esp if u still feel bloated.

Rainbow,
Morning
happy.gif
..Think the interpretation on the digital HPT is right. You should be Wk4 preggie this week. I am just 4 days ahead ya. Last wkend, HPTs are like my line of survival.I went back on tues for my beta and now I "love" blood tests.It gives me a sense of assurance that at least the hcg is doubling well. Going back again every 3-4days for my beta until Wk6 scan. The wk6 scan is like a century away...

calzz, according to Dr Loh.. kkh thaw survival rate is 60%. Since your embbie grade is so fantastic, I'm sure it will survive the thaw.. have faith ok?

calzz,
Each embryo reacts differently to the thaw and 10-12cells are in pretty advance stage. But if they survive the thaw and start to grow well again, there is a high chance that they will become blastocyst and the chance of implantation increases.

Thanks Mina & Day... Will pray hard that it survives the thaw... Usually it become blastocyst at d5? If that's the case, after the thaw if I transfer it will be blastocyst? I'm quite ignorant on this paiseh.

Pink-M: we are from the same PINK family leh...heee...pandawife was so elated she told me about yr BFP so i quickly came in to pop u the congrats!
No I haven been active at the MTB thread...jus a silent reader...
Im sure this is a very beautiful Xmas and anniversary gift huh?
give thanks to God for this!
happy.gif

Rainbow,
Congrats!! During 2ww I dun even hv one bt to check P level. After ET next bt is hcg bt already. After tat bt confirm bfp, next visit is 6+ wk scan for heartbeat. That's it
happy.gif

calzz,
It depends on the cleaverage of each embryo after the thaw. Actually 10-12cells in advance stages. Were they compacting before the freeze ? If they are and they survived the thaw, then they may reach blasto stage even before Day5.

Have faith in your embbies and don't get too bothered by the thaw. Just take the thaw as the embbies elimination game and only the toughest will survived and are transferred in you
happy.gif
- Good Luckz!

ceraine,
haha, I didn't know Dr Loh can b so notti ah, disturb your hubby! Haha....

I followed what one of e sistas here advised.. I usually sleep on my back... Once in a while, I'll turn to my left cos it'll help blood circulation... My lower ab is a little pain when I turn to my left, so most of e time I lie on my back

minakochang, my cycle used to be v regular... After fresh cycle, it went haywire... Could come early or late by almost a week at times... On avg, it's 28-day cycle... If yours is 32-34 day cycle, dunno if they'll ask u to do opk... Fyi, each opk is $14.50... I dunno how much it's selling outside... U can compare price if u want... The nurse said we can buy our own, but since mine had faint line on 1st opk, we decided to just get from them.

The African doc said no mc for FET, so I took my own annual leave to rest for a week...
happy.gif

calzz, sorry, I dunno much about frozen embies' survival rate, so cannot advise u... So gd, u get to know e no. of cells your embies hv during freeze... I dunno about mine... From my thawed embies, can see 4 clear cells n a few tiny ones...

Jok, your body shld b over by now? Can enjoy your breakfast now loh... Heehee...

syrah, thanks for your advice on e nuts n egg whites!
happy.gif
will consider e bt. I'm given duphaston... I got no spotting, that's y I was worried b4 my bt... :p

Rainbow:
And we are about the same age too! I'm turning 32 next Feb. I think it's good to continuously go for bhcg bt next week till 6 weeks too leh. At least u that they are growing well. Mine is every Tue & Fri from next week on till 1st tri is over. And yesterday we should be exactly 4 weeks I was told. If u don't wana go for bhcg bt, then continuously next hpt every few days till 6 week scan and see that the line gets darker & darker also good.

Day:
You go for bhcg on your own or back to TFC under their instruction? Hve you started pre natal vits?

PinkD:
Ya ya we are the pink family. Last time also got PinkF, don't know how is she. Ya I can imagine how happy Panda & her dh are! So did u go back to work already? Bb is boy or gal?

Hi Ceraine, I scheduled on Tuesday 715am and I am the 3rd case for dr loh that day. Just done my last puregon jab at kk. So painful. Think tml night trigger will b more painful.Must endure since jabbing so long liao

day,
oic... I was counting from my last AF.. tomorrow is e start of my 4th week, so I thought can get one result showing I'm 2-3 weeks... :p yalor, 6wk scan seems so far away... It's really, like what other sistas say, another 2ww... Nvm, let's be patient to see our little precious...
happy.gif

grumpus, did u do FET too? I also don't hv any test after ET, just wait for e impt BT... It's abit worrying cos we dunno whether our progesterone support is enough right? A test would hv made us rest more at ease, I feel... I tried confirming w two nurses, both said no need to do any test... So can only pray n sayang embies...

Rainbow- congrats congrats
happy.gif
btw, u went GNC to buy prenatal supps. Can I know wat u bought? I can't take anmum now coz I wl diarrhea so I'm thinking wat else can I take. And I'm down with flu nw. U must take care also ya. Nw easily fall sick de

Day-ic, u 4 days behind me so ur 1st scan is on 4dec right? I'm anxious to see bb heartbeats soon. Hope all smooth smooth.

Rainbow,
I was using the normal clearblue hpt but i realised that the test line will not darkened any further so I guess the clearblue hpt digital is a better hpt to use since there are weeks..

PinkM,
My beta started off a little low..and the nurse suggested that I can go back every 3-4days for monitoring so as to ensure that the beta is doubling well until Wk6 scan and once a week after Wk6 scan. The results do give me assurance that all are well too..:p I haven't yet started on pre-natal vits. Will ask them on my next visit. Angela already started u with the pre-nat vits ? U are also on crinone inserts ?.. So far you have any discharge/spottings from crinone inserts ?

Minako - I did not see you but I heard u! I think you were in the next bed opposite me that was exclaiming to dr zou about the couple and their happiness
happy.gif
hehe there can hear everything, so you would have heard me talking to dr zou also.

I also got appointment made for next Friday at 7pm! Guess I will see you! I am only going once a week first and did not take med. Hmmm should I take u think?

After my first acu session yesterday, I slept so early and well last night.

Hppe4bb
Yah.. That's concentrated, that's y soo painful. Relax on d prengyl jab.. Some girls say not painful.
I got abit phobia when my support was prengyl jab.. But d ist jab was okie.
There might b some follicles missed out during scan n u might end up with more retrievals.
Hw r u feeling? Any bloat or uncomfy? Regardlesly, failthfully continue ure eggwhites n immunocal these few days...

Back