IVF/ICSI Support Group

nm: I think he does...aiyo if he doesnt, i hv to bear with TMC.
I dun like TMC...
sad.gif

grumpus: never mind, its the sweet memories that count. Till now u still rber
happy.gif

just faith: call me blur mummy...i never once asked when EDD is...next week i will ask..i have yet to go for oscar scan..still early...but online cal dates it as 22/2/11

feb is aquarius? at least i get a bunny...cos i am a bunny...hubby wanted a tiger but too bad lah...

pinkD: yrs in march? that is if its a singleton rite? maybe twins leh...then that will be feb liao

HCG is NOT a good indicator of multiple or singleton. So long as it increase 60-75% every 2-3 days (thanks to the encouragement of sistas here), then ur bb is fine. NM HCG was 800+ right on 1st bt right? so ladies, best is not to have anything expectation, then no disappointment. Multiple pose high risk for both baby and mother. My friend whose bb was premature and admitted to NICU now developed serious illness that need medication for rest of his life. In the end, all of us who gone thru this painful process just want a healthy baby. No offence to sistas with multiples though... i go envy those with twins secretly too la.. hehe

My HCG for 1st BT was barely over 100, CARE kind confirm gonecase liao, but look, i have singleton! (Angela loves her patient having multiples, i feel that she's a little dissapointed with us singleton :p)so ladies out there, dun read too much into number. just take care of ur health even after 2ww, and good news will come to u
happy.gif

Lubna, PinkD..
I braved to test tis morning ut it's a disappointing -ve..i sat on the toilet bowl, my heart sank, hands tremble & tears roll down naturally..
my stain is getting more..though the colous is nor blood fresh (i guess bcos of the inserts tat make it look pinkish), i hv a feeling tat my AF is otw...
I hate the feeling now...no matter how hard i try to tink positive, it always ended -ve..
wat shd i do??? i dare not tell my hb tat i ded the test..

janice: today is which day of yr 2ww? sometimes embbies take a longer time to implant....as long as u dont see red..dont give up ok...
happy.gif

nm, my ET is on 26/6, considering tat on D1, tdy is D15...i dont want to gif up..hope they dun gif up on me.
but i cant help it, whenever i tink of the test, my tears roll...

janice: dont give up...when is yr BT?

I always tell myself as long as i dont see red, tats good enuff....think positive..though its hard but try for the sake of yr embbies...

what HPT did u use?

nm, my BT on 13jul..
tks, i wil try to tink positive...wil tink d same, as long as no red...i stil hv d chance..
TQ for your encouragement..
happy.gif

watson brand...

Hi JustFaith and Balrogal, thanks for the reply. It helps me to calm down.

Yes, I actually went back to Dr Loh today to confirm if the reading is ok. He assured me that anything above 250 is fine. Think I am reading too much into the reading.

My first scan will be on 30/7. Hopefully, should be able to hear bb heartbeat :D

Cheyenee,

Glad that you got a chance to speak to Dr Loh today. Don't worry, we all understand what you are going through. You will hear baby's heartbeat on 30/7. At 2nd tri, my next milestone is the detailed scan on 11/8/10. Since BFP, my worries are never ending.. LOL. Just remember, to rest well during this period, DO NOT carry heavy stuff, the heaviest i probably carried was my 1kg+ laptop. When getting up from bed, try not to exert too much force on your tummy. Learn to get up from the sides of the bed, press your hands down and push your body up. Take lota water and fibre to prevent constipation. During my early weeks, I had constipation for every 3 days, though I had lota fruits and water.

By the way, if you find that the waiting time to see Dr Loh is too long, you may want to consider seeing him in TPS (the private suite). The charges are $10 to $15 higher for consultation. But the waiting time is lesser. I waited less than 20 mins to see him at TPS for my last scan. At TPS, you also get to collect medicine over the counter, no need to get another queue number at the general pharmacy. The waiting area is also more cosy, definitely better than Clinic D.

Poppy: ya i also told myself not to read too much into Hcg...In fact i dunno how to manage more kids.
I already find the weekly blood tests, medication and jabs a pain...min abt $2k a month...bleh...but ok no complaint,since in a way I ask for it.. heee
happy.gif

Janice: maybe youe Hcg is low, hence cheapie brand like watson cant pick up. Sorry to suggest that brand to use. Can try clearblue if u r keen to try again...that shd be more accurate than cheapie...
Dun be sad...there are cases of late implantation so Hcg is not yet detected...

miracle: im not a teacher but hubby is...hee...so if BB is out in March, then he can be ard...
happy.gif

I just hope to cross the 1st trimester safely...
thinking of gg bk to wk stresses me...
my work is nothing but emotional stress!
sad.gif

pinkD, we r all with u..u shld be able to sail through your pregnancy. These days,work is definintely giving me lotssa of stress too.Work is just a slice of our lives and since you are preggy now, your health is definitely of top priority.

Just Faith,

Thanks a bunch for all the tips and suggestions. Yes, at different stages we get to worry abt another coming stage. Especially MTB like us went through so much pain and effort to make our wish come true. I guess everything will fall into place as they are planned, just we got to sail along with it.

About the private suite, hahaha i requested to change it today. The queue is really too long at clinic D. I was so sleepy this morning while waiting for him. First thing i told him, can i see you at TPS? LOL...

Pinkd- wohh!!! 2k per mth is really x but is worth it at least u r bfp nw aft tries. Can I Noe hw much hav u spend till nw if u dun mind as I wan to prepare myself to go care if I Bfn.

leapgal,
the first visit i go waited ard 20mins then e last time round is 40min..e bill is ard $66 and i pay 15% of it coz i use csc card..yup..im seeing the same doc..

<font color="aa00aa">Hi ladies, catching up with the thread now, back from Dr Zou. FYI she is travelling for a week starting 18 August</font>

Hi Ladies, just to check. I see that most of u here are from CARE and KK. During ur 2ww, I realised that you girls still need to go back to check on ur HCG level ya?

Becuz for my case with NUH, there was no checks just a simple follow up a week after the ET.

pink, it checks the estrogen level in our body...but how this is related to pregnancy, i m not sure... it seems like CARE is the only fertility centre that checks for this.

KKH checks for progesterone levels.

adeline, these are two different hormones produced in our bodies to support pregnancy..on top of hcg..which is produced by the baby....

nm/pink/janice: i got bad news to tell. just now after lunch, i spotted brown spot and immediately i went to kk to check. i was crying badly because im scared of the outcome. when i did my urine test, i saw blood. then i cried again. the doctor said my hormone level is still very low and there is a possibility im not pregnant and this ivf does not work or me. i ver depressed now and lose al hope to be a mummy. dont know what went wrong. anyway, thanks you all for the encouragement and advice.

ladies, any1 knows if kkivf center is open tmrw??
lubna/pink/nm, i dun hv gd news either...seems AF is here cos i see red...not as much as normal AF but i hv a feeling its AF..thought of gg for my BT tmrw if kkivf ctr is open..
i drag of gg toilet tdy! each time i go, i see fresher blood and each time i cried in silence...very very sad &amp; painful. i hate tis feeling!!!

janice, you can go to 24 women's clinic. i just went just now. im still crying now and dont wish to see anyone. my head hurts now.

Dear Janice and Lubna,
I rber a postin about some bleeding and then the blood work actually confirms pregnancy.
Not all is lost yet. I hope you dun think im patronizing you but are you gg for the BT?
Pls dun cry my dear...pls dun give up yet...
*hugs*

<font color="aa00aa">pink-F: doing alternate days with Dr Zou starting today cos on stims. Wanted to go daily but Dr Zou discouraged. </font>

<u>Food For Thoughts.....</u>

1. Most nuts have high levels of Omega 3 fatty acids, which are helpful in treating infertility in general. In fact, in ancient Greek mythology, the walnut was actually tied to fertility in many ways, and it was used in fertility rites. The healthy fats in walnuts help boost sex hormones, and they can also help regulate the menstrual cycle. Walnuts also have a ton of other vitamins and minerals in them, so they can help boost fertility and your chances of implantation.

While we aren't exactly sure why walnuts help implantation rates, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that they do. Some people think that it's the omega 3 fatty acids and the B vitamins in walnuts that help the egg implant itself in the womb.

2. Here's an interesting fertility fact: the Ibeji tribe in Nigeria eats yams pretty much every day, and they have the highest rate of fraternal twins in the world. Wild yams - not to be confused with North American sweet potatoes, which are sometimes called yams - have chemicals in them similar to estrogen and progesterone. They can help a woman produce more eggs during her cycle, which is one reason the Ibeji tribe has such a high incidence of twins, and they can also help with implantation by boosting a woman's levels of progesterone in her first trimester.

3. Too little protein in your diet can result in a reduced number of eggs.

<font color="aa00aa">Ineedmiracle: that's an interesting article. AThought Walnuts was to "bu" brains!

I am starting to realise how important protein is to our body!!

Ok, tmrw go hunt down orh nee! </font>

iloveshoes
when i read these, i also find them interesting. Maybe after eating walnuts, our eggs can implant well and be brainy too...

yah lor...now i going to have yams for desserts le. and we always thought protein is to prevent bloating. perhaps can check those with more eggs retrieved, are they taking alot alot proteins? =)
pinkD can help answer cos she has 33 eggs!!

<font color="aa00aa">Ineedmiracle: I find my hair condition improve with Immanocal! Even my Dh &amp; mom has commented on my hair recently.So maybe more protein to a certain limit helps? Maybe I just have bad daily diet!

Think Pink D is just YOUNG! She's below 30 isn't she?</font>

shoes: Wow you have photographic memory! yes i have 33 eggs extracted!
shoes/miracle: Hmmm i think protein helps coz CARE puts me on albumin (egg white) drips twice!!
Subsequently I was religiously taking Immunocal until i felt that I was not bloated (rber my obsession with bloating then?)
Now I take once a day...but my tummy is very big...it doesnt seem to reduce my bloating at this stage leh...

iloveshoes
think she is 29?
yah lor, young is 本钱.
You also not very old mah... Me also not very old. just slightly over 30...hahah
我们还年青.

pinkD
wow you hb also teacher! what subj he teaching?
So nov and dec, your tummy bigger le, glad he holiday so can be your 'roomba' lolz

miracle: my mom almost could not recognize me.
First thing she said what "i only saw you a month ago and why do you look like you are 3, 4 mths preggy?" Then i sheepishly confessed im preg.
Everyone at home was shocked!

Yup im 29 la...gg 30 soon la...
Hubby does science..making hubby my roomba now heee...hope he can be my messager too...like irelax or sthg... :p

<font color="aa00aa">pink - D: not my memory good, its ineedmiracle's memory good.

Ineedmiracle- how you know I not old? hahahaa? Anyway, my gynae ever commented that we shouldn' get hung up on chronological age, instead, should be concerned about biological age</font>

i dunno whats inside my tummy when embie is only a dot small...i think it's the rojak hormones and gas.. This is no fun... 4 weeks preggy and no waist alr... heee

Back