IVF/ICSI - cycle buddies

alien

There is no "fixed" period to prepare ourselves, but I guess, we will have to be mentally, phisically and financially prepared. Me and HB seeing TCM and doing Accupunture for six months before we embark the program.

I consultated LC before, TMC practice is "short protocol" for most of the patients, it means they will start the stimulation drugs on CD2 or 3, no surpression stage involved.

koala,
i pray hard LC agrees to perform for us. but of cos that will be next cycle liao. hopefully i dun need it.... few more days to go until my 2nd iui liao... praying for birthday BFP

jeni,
congratulations and hope you have a happy & healthy 9 mths. rest well
happy.gif

koala..

btw.. i know this is silly question.. the acu that we went for..it's for what purpose..? strengthen the womb lining or simulate the hormones..? :p

hi gals

i used to be cycling here one year ago.
happy.gif
Been a long time since i was here. i've given birth to a pair of twins last dec. IVF is a tough journey, but once u start doing it, time flies and before u know it, time to go for bHCG test! i know it is painful, but do keep faith in wat u are doing. jiayou!!

chloe..

Congrats on the arrival of ur twins and thank you for sharing ur experience with us!
happy.gif

U succeeded on the 1st try..?

Chloe..

Wow.. lucky lucky!!
happy.gif

I feel a bit dejected after the 1st failure..

Even now.. I'm so afraid I'll fail the 2nd time..
sad.gif

Hopes,
Dun be despair. WE've many brave buddies here, with great preserverance and succeed finally. Can study the archive files for history.
DUn give up hopes. Your turn will come
happy.gif

hi Stacy,

Thanks alot for ur encouragement..!
happy.gif

u mean the archive file under this folder..? anyone here suceeded with FET? pls share..
happy.gif

Hi Hopes,
Right!You can open archive file under this folder. For successful cases with FET, you can go to IVF/FET thread and open archive file. Hope these postive news can motivate you to continue in the ttc journey. Dun give up
happy.gif

hopes,

sorry for the late reply, with regards to the benefits of the acu, this is the input from the senior sister in support thread:-

1) increase blood flow to the uterus, improving the chances of a fertilised egg implanting

2) increased endorphin production which in turn, has been shown to affect the release of GnRH involoved in regulating reproduction

3) lower stress hormones that interfere with ovulation

4) normalise fertility hormones that regulate ovulation

5) improved Ovulation cycles in women with PCOS

6) improved pregnancy rates in women undergoing IVF

hopes,

Stay relax and prepare yourself for your FET. I think FET is less complicated than the fresh cycle. But your womb must prepare to get the embyro to embed. If you have good embyro(s) waiting for you, eventually is to get your embyro(s) to stick on to your uterus. No one can tell whether your uterus is "sticky" enough or your embyro is strong enough to stick on your uterus. Alot of determination and faith...

Bahdi..

I got a funny way to describe IVF..

It's like learning driving.. 1st time.. u expect to fail.. so u feel ok.. 2nd time onwards.. the pressure just build up.. and u just want to pass so much..

hopes,

Ya..it could be the peer pressure from the people around you. However, you have to truefully ask yourself whether you are ready and determine. IVF can be quite dangerous to our emotional state due to the high stress level that we face for the result. Neverthless, you just have to weight it yourself and get thing going one step at a time...try to read more and understand the fertility treatment process and you will eventually be more confidence. It took me 4 years to decide on embarking to the treatment (in my case icsi is the only way) and another 2 years to get myself emotionally ready. Therefore, dont be discourage. You will certainly be a mother one day if you continue with your determination.

koala,

I dont want to greet the word that start with "C" because me "pantang". I hope you dont mind.

I am HAPPY for you.

Hi Koala

Me too HAPPY for you! Your wish is finally granted!

Hi Bodhi/Koala

Any tips during the 2WW? Walk slowly means do you go out of the house during the 2 weeks?

I am starting my 2nd fresh cycle soon. Hope to do well this time. I am taking 2 weeks off this round....

Jo,

I did not went out of the house at all. i so "sian" to go out of the house too. I experience mood swing during my 2ww. My advise is stay relax...your brain gonna think nothing...just sleep, eat, shit and sleep :p day 5 to 6 onwards are very important day...when the time the embyro start to implant so rest alot during these days.

Koala..! Yay..!! Happy for u!!
happy.gif

Bodhi.. thanks for ur advise and encouragement..

All our dreams will come true one day!
happy.gif

koala,
smile.gif
for you! it's really motivating to hear another successful story! now, i can oni pray hard for my success story...
happy.gif

went for blood test today and progesterone level was low... so had to go back for injection and also collect medicine in the afternoon. gosh, went downtown twice today and i am quite far from town area! anyway, just hope that everything will turn out fine... now, a bit worried lei

dodo..

last time during my 2ww, i also gotta do progesterone jabs daily.. and i also stay and work very far from town area..

i got a GP to do the jabs for me.. at $10 per day.. a bit ex but considering the travelling time and tpt cost saved... still worth it
happy.gif

Koala,
A BIG BIG Congratulations.
741363.gif
I Look forward to meeting you in MTB forum. Your "Spirit" will motivate many buddies here.
741364.gif

Koala,

happy.gif
Congrats pal!!!! Really happy for you! All the pain and suffering is worth it! take good care of yourself k!

hi hopes,
i will be doing the re-test this sat. let's hope everything will be fine. thanks for the tips! i will check with the nurses there if i can opt for this option, if more jabs are needed. the travelling part is really inconvenient!!

err stacy, can share how you post up those nice icons? it's cool!
biggrin.gif

i only know how to do it via the emoticons list lei...

DoDo,
You can download from the internet and save it in your folder. To insert in the forum, just upload attachment, choose browse the folder where you save the icon file, select the file and press upload.
Alternatively, you can click on any nice icon posted in the forum with right click, save picture and upload attachment ( using the same method)
Hope you enjoy the fun of pasting different icons.
742692.gif

Hi Dodo
sorry for my late reply... glad to see you've enjoy "playing" with the icons... Have fun...
How r u 'enjoying' your 2WW?

Back