IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Jeannie, so decision is yours
happy.gif

true abt prof what's being mention.
However, I've under him for 3 cycles and Im used to him.
He looks stern but he is quite a fatherly figure.

I remembered him waiting for me at OT for my egg retrieval n he was the one that acknowledged me first. Could not recognize him coz he had covered his mouth
happy.gif

though I last saw him in feb, he could still remember me n Hubby. Once in my 3rd trim, j was there for my gynae appt, he saw us and waved at us frm a distance. Another time when my daughter was admitted due to jaundice. I was at hm recuperating, Hubby went to the ward n prof saw him and asked why. Told him everything n he actually put his hand over my hubby's shoulder which surprised the nurses. I guess he may be known as no nonsense dr
happy.gif

Andreannie, don't think I will meet you at emerald clinic next wk.
My girl's check up is not there. It's at main building coz I've signed up for some Nuh research. So cant see u
sad.gif

btw, if you intend to keep your baby umbilical cord, you may want to consider cordlife. They have special rate for Nuh patients. Hope next yr, such priviledges still applies.

Su - yes I'm considering cordlife! We already registered a talk by cordlife on 8 Oct. By the way did u attend nuh's prenatal classes? My hubby seems so interested to attend but I Dnt knw which month shld I start going.

Jeannie - it's true what coolcool said abt the v scans by dr chew. I oso find it not painful unlike the other docs who did v scans on me before, in and out of Nuh.

Welcome Jeanie, hope u have make the decision to see which Dr.
I'm with Prof, I agreed with Su about Prof.
Though he is a no nonsense Dr, he is very fatherly towards his patients.
I going to see him tomorrow for scan, praying hard everything would be ok

Andreanie- is good to attend the prenantal. Heard from my friend is quite beneficial for both of u.
Think u k register when u are 20 week le. U might wan to ask the staff in emerald clinic.

Andreannie, I did not go for the class.
My Hubby was interested too but to me, I can just learn frm ppl
happy.gif
. Partly I was real scared with this pregnancy. After my first attempt ivf which I bfp but miscarriage, I was very cautious with this pg. There's always many what ifs.
Hubby asked his sister n she was somehow told him not necessary to attend so end up we did not go
happy.gif

blue, all the best for your scan.

Thanks Su. Check with U, yr HL was till when then u start work?
I was counting my HL, mc & annual leave, likely k last me till week 9 ba

Blue, I'm a teacher. I did my ivf last yr dec.
My hl was during the sch hol.
There was still a week plus before i start work(school term).
So I went backto work in the first week of Jan.

I did not take any extra leave coz did not want anybody to know. My first 2 attemp it was during sch term. Was glad I did not have any ms so I was able to keep quiet till almost first trim was over.

Su - oh I see.. I think I'll call them in my 4th to 5th month. I don't think it's necessary also but since it's my hub who initiate, I think I will just go so that he will be ready in the months to come haha..

Blue - how many Hospital leave do u have? Mine is 46 days and it last me from egg retrieval right up to my 12th week of pregnancy which is this coming Monday.

An- I have the same, but I use up some on my 1st ivf during feb & march time.
I likely use up till week 9 then start work at week 10.

Thanks all for the warm welcome and kind advice... really appreciate all the advice... i have no one to turn to on this topic.. one of my fren is giving birth (she got preg right after her wedding).. another fren also stressed about getting preggy... I have a son who is 4yo.. my gynae tried both clomid and puregon for me but doesnt work, we even went for TCM ... v depressed when AF reports... finally convinced my husband to give IVF a consideration, but he concerned about costs... but with all your kind advice i think we will make an appt first to meet the drs and go on from there... thanks again! Hope that my babyquest will be succeed as you ladies
happy.gif

Su - wah 9 years is very long. We waited for 5 years, 3 years after our ectopic episode. my hub is all ready to be a dad but i think its better for him to go for the classes just in case lol!

Blue - do update us yeah. *hugs*

An, yes very long. Extended honeymoon that we did not wish for
happy.gif

I told myself, I'll be happy to just have one child.
So now my wish is granted, if really God has plan for only one child, I'm contented.
happy.gif

if I can get pg on my own will be a bonus. If not, I'll take it as it is.

Blue, hope your result is good one.

Su - Insyallah u never know your 2nd one will be a natural.
My friend went for Ivf with Prof and got triplets, one year later she got preg unexpectedly. It's all in God's hand.
We have tried our best, He knows what's in store for us.
happy.gif

An, yes, it is all in HIS hands.
I take whatever he gives me.

You will know your gender maybe in week 16 or earlier. I am sure you are excited.

Then youwill be busy shopping for your little one. BTW do you have any FB? Maybe we can also keep in touch there

Thanks for all sistas concern.
Beta-360.
I would need to repeat beta on mon then wait for the result & see Prof.
Today during consult, he did say that today beta should be at least reach 800, but my is ......
Anyway I had a big cry just now.
I also call my tcm dr, he still will give me an tai med & see how is the result.
I felt very lost just now, but after heard the call from Nuh, felt that at least Prof has not given up yet.
So I should at least have some hope.
I would wait till the result is out, then give up.
Really hope & pray for miracle

Hi Su_yana, sorry didnt catch your earlier posting, the friendly doctor u mention is who, is he from NUH? Care to share more about him?

Hi Lilian,
the dr is from NUH. His name is Prof Wong.
I will say he does not have a friendly look. He does not talk alot. He says what he needs to convey. However, if you asks him many questions, he's willing to answer. I've been with him for all my 3 cycles and I personally find him approachable.
happy.gif

Lilian,
yes, 3 times.
First cycle bfp but miscarried at week 7.
2nd cycle bfn n 3rd cycle bfp again n I just
delivered on 26 aug.
happy.gif

Hi all.. I am new to this forum. It is so comforting to hear the experiences that you gals have... I am also one of Prof Wong's patient. I am 28 years old, married for 3 years and have been TTC for the past 3 years. so after a year of actively TTC unsuccessful, both hubby and me decided to have ourself check. Unfortunately I was diagnosed to have one if my tubes blocked and my hormones are irregular causing me not to ovulate naturally at times... Both me and hubby are nurses and I worked in NUH previously where a close friend of mine introduced me to prof wong...

we tried clomid and IUI for 4 times since Jan last year and when all fails, prof suggested for us to move on to ivf... I stated my suprefact on the 8th this month and gonal F on the 22nd... although i am a nurse.. but injecting myself is totally a different experience from me giving injections to my patients... will be going back for US scan and BT tomorrow... its stressful to see cousins and my sister-in-law popping one after another... even those who just got married earlier this year... and the questioning from the KPO aunties are so not helping at all...

hopefully all will be successful the first time... Baby dust to all of us who are trying very hard.... I am just wondering if anyone experience anything from the gonal F injection? Today is my day 4 injections but I dont seem to have any symptoms.. not that I want any but my friends who have been through ivf experienced terrible cramps and was miserable after the injections... perhaps they have the OHSS...

Hi Haze,
all the best to your ivf journey. May it brings the result youare looking for .
I don't have terrible cramp when doing gonalf for all cycles. So shd be ok
happy.gif

Thanks Su. how is your baby? I just did my scan this morning and prof said there are 16 follicules (after 4 days of injections). he is worried that I may have too many follicules at a time.. Need to be extra careful with the dose..

Welcome haze.
Best is to take more egg whites or high protein diet.
There is tis protein drink call immunocal, it helps me alot.
Can be brought from OG.
I also have too much follicles in recent ivf. If u take high protein diet then it can prevent ohss.

Thanks sistas for all the encouragement.
Beta result today is 937, so prof say to scan on next mon in the fetal scan centre.
He didn't scan today becos he said need at least 2000 then able to see, so to prevent further disappoint ba, he didnt scan.
At least I know my baby beanie is growing.
Is the best birthday present for me now, hope to see sac next week.
Birthday is tomorrow.

Thanks Blue for the advice. And Congrats to you. It is so encouraging to hear good news like this... hopefully my effort will pay of too...

Haze, my baby is doing great. Went for her check up today n she gains 1kg.
Blue, great to hear your good news. Keep positive thoughts. Indeed your best present for birthday
happy.gif

Blue, happy birthday to you! Hope you have a good time celebrating with hubby and baby beanie. You have come so far, don't give up and have happy thoughts, ok?
May I know how often do you have to go for checkup and what support are you put on? Trying to find out more so I will know how long I need to stay in Sg if my next try us successful. Am so looking forward to it!

Pink- I'm on tab dupahston 3 times per day when I started spotting till now.
Twice proluton jabs per week.
Becos of the unstable, need to repeat beta hcg & see prof like almost every week

Blue,

Happy birthday to you..

u still taking duphaston?
do u want my new box?
Free leh. email me ok.
I just don't want this new box go waste

Blue - Happy birthday to u!!! I didn't know you are a September baby too! We are just 2 dates apart hehehe... And that's good news! You have a growing lil bean in you! Congratulations!!!!
happy.gif

You have to tahan going up and down for the visits but it will be all worth it ok! Anything to be able to see your lil one in you!
happy.gif

Su - I went for my NT scan yesterday, things looks good. We have a very active lil one also, couldn't stop moving and waving until the sonographer said the lil one is too active. From the scan, looks like he/she is abt 13 weeks 3 days whereas my real date is just 12 weeks 2 days. But all is fine, that's all that matters.
happy.gif

And glad to finally add u in FB!

Blue, happy birthday. Must take care of yourself 

An, yeah glad to add you too.
I'm happy that your little one is doing fine.
I'll be at emerald clinic this thurs at 1.
Will you be there?
My girl was very active when in my womb.
Now she's out, she's still active.
For a one mth old, her kick is quite hard when she tries to push herself away from me
happy.gif

Su - No I will not be there. I finished my support jab already on Monday hehe.. so no more Mon/Thurs trips to NUH for me.
My next checkup is on 10/10.

Su - yeah, the nurse actually cheered along with me yesterday hahaha.. so funny!
My EDD is 7 April 2012. But I have a feeling it will be a late March baby instead.
happy.gif

An, not that long wait.
Now is already sept, then there is year end than next year..yeah..

You may want to wait for the year end sale to purcahse your baby stuff.
I did mine during GSS. Very good bargain and worth waiting..hehee

Once you start buying, you can never stop.
For me, my baby is a girl and there is so much clothes to buy. They are cute. Everytime we go out, we will telleach other not to buy. Then when we see something nice, we end up buying..hahah...now we really stop coz too many clothes. need to wear it first before she cannot wear it.

Su - I think we will only start in Dec after the gender scan at FCC. Excited to get all the stuff but must maintain, cannot be too crazy lol!

Right now im looking for pregnancy support pillow. Can't sleep comfortably, need to put pillow under my belly when I sleep.

An, you can't sleep properly now?
It will be worst during 3rd trim. When you want to turn, you've got to support your tummy too. Sometimes sleeping at elevated position is better.

Agree with you must maintain when shopping. I did no shopping till 6 mths pg. As mentioned before there's so many
what ifs in my mind. Update your bb gender ok
happy.gif

Hi all,

I have seen Prof Wong and he suggested me to do long protocol medicated FET since my period is not normal (spotting and staining for 3 weeks). That means I can only do my FET in Nov.
sad.gif

Su - I already have to start to support my tummy when I turn during sleeping. Just feels like its too heavy to move by itself haha..Guess thats why I need a pillow to support tum tum. Cos if I didnt support it with pillow, my tummy will feel like its being squashed when I want to turn the other way.
Sometimes I sleep elevated position also but will end up sleeping on my side too hehe..

Coolcool - Jiayou! All the best for your FET.
happy.gif

Back