Ivf 2022

Hi everyone, I will be starting my IVF treatment in another 2 weeks. Is there anything that I should aware of? Like during the injection, after the transfer etc? I see that most of you did FET. What is the difference between a fresh and frozen? And after the transfer, do I have to lie in bed most of the time? Or can I resume to normal work/ workout activity?

Kind of excited and scared at the same time cause this is my first time doing an IVF.
Hi, I did both fresh and frozen cycle. Fresh transfer is usually done 3-5 days after eggs retrieval, while transfer will be done in your other cycle for FET. Some embryos may not survive the process of frozen and thaw, so it may have higher chance if it is transferred on fresh cycle. When i did my fresh cycle, I got my BFP and experienced OHSS but not so bad just need to take some medication and white boiled egg. I only took rest 2-3 days at home then came back to work while waiting the result for both cycles, both got + results. All the best to you!

Hi everyone, I will be starting my IVF treatment in another 2 weeks. Is there anything that I should aware of? Like during the injection, after the transfer etc? I see that most of you did FET. What is the difference between a fresh and frozen? And after the transfer, do I have to lie in bed most of the time? Or can I resume to normal work/ workout activity?

Kind of excited and scared at the same time cause this is my first time doing an IVF.

Hello!

Basically take lots of eggs during your stimms. After egg retrieval is done, can take non-carbonated isotonic drink to prevent OHSS.

Fresh transfer is done 3-5 days after your egg retrieval. Frozen transfer is done is subsequent cycles. There are some docs that only do frozen transfer because they think your body is more well-rested rather than pumped full of hormones. Some docs will also argue that fresh has the same success rate as frozen and anyway ur body is already prepped to receive an embryo, so why not? It's up to you to discuss with your doc!

You are advised to not lie in bed most of the time after your transfer. Some walking around is good. If your work is not physical or very stressful, then it should be okay to return to work. Strenuous workout should not be done. Anyway the clinic will advise you on the dos and donts after transfer.

Good luck!

Hello ladies, I have the following items to bless away, hopefully I can pass some "luck" to ladies who are TTC-ing. Please refer to the pictures for more details and do share with other ladies whom you know will be interested in these items. Please PM me to arrange for collection. These items are listed on my Carousell account (https://www.carousell.sg/u/alphapha_x/) too. Baby dust to all! Take care! ♡
  1. Crinone vagina gel (8%) which I got from KKH. I have 13 tubes which will expire in Dec 2022. I got them in Oct 2020, then I got pregnant and totally forgot about them in the drawer.
  2. Clearblue Digital Ovulation kit - I have 10 tests left which will expire on 31-Jul-2023. This kit was very useful to me and I highly recommend it for the TTC journey.
  3. Clearblue Pregnancy Test PLUS - I have 1 test left which will expire on 31-Jul-2022 (very soon).

Attachments

• IMG_5747.jpg
    IMG_5747.jpg
    837.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5748.jpg
    IMG_5748.jpg
    832.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5749.jpg
    IMG_5749.jpg
    913.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5750.jpg
    IMG_5750.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5751.jpg
    IMG_5751.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
My KKH experience was totally disappointing.
Have only two fertilized embryos that the dr said were quite decent, but still, just two. :(

She suggested some tests to get the best chance out of it.
She seems lost, at first was talking about lining test, only after the scratch tests, she said that they found something "atypical" and require me to do another scope inside.

The whole experience is so disappointing. I haven't even did the Embryo transfer yet.
They have no advice on what to do to improve the odds, it's like we are totally at their mercy and we just do whatever tests they asked us to do.

Have only two fertilized embryos that the dr said were quite decent, but still, just two. :(

She seems lost, at first was talking about lining test, only after the scratch tests, she said that they found something "atypical" and require me to do another scope inside.

The whole experience is so disappointing. I haven't even did the Embryo transfer yet.
They have no advice on what to do to improve the odds, it's like we are totally at their mercy and we just do whatever tests they asked us to do.

Hi, how are things going for you? I've only read about scratch test online to help embryo implantation and that it is now less commonly practised. Did your doc elaborate what was the atypical thing they found?

Hello Honest, mind to share which doc are you referring to?

After THH left KKH, I was lost and chose Dr Jessie because she replaced him as Associate Director. So what happened was, to cut the story short, she was not supportive of scratching too, she said that there was no scientific proof that it worked and suggested not to waste money (though of course, if i wanted, she would do it for me). I followed her suggestion and of cause for that cycle, it was not successful.

I changed docs halfway because she kept emphasizing on age and i felt that if she had this mindset of older patients, lower success rates, i doubt my success rate would go far.

Changed to Liu Shu Ling and I like that she's open to ideas and she's encouraging and open. Best of all, she's detailed and to be honest, she did my ER and I felt MINIMAL pain as compared to Jessie who did ER for me (I was down for a week).

I would want to say, not all doctors are the same.

After THH left KKH, I was lost and chose Dr Jessie because she replaced him as Associate Director. So what happened was, to cut the story short, she was not supportive of scratching too, she said that there was no scientific proof that it worked and suggested not to waste money (though of course, if i wanted, she would do it for me). I followed her suggestion and of cause for that cycle, it was not successful.

I changed docs halfway because she kept emphasizing on age and i felt that if she had this mindset of older patients, lower success rates, i doubt my success rate would go far.

Changed to Liu Shu Ling and I like that she's open to ideas and she's encouraging and open. Best of all, she's detailed and to be honest, she did my ER and I felt MINIMAL pain as compared to Jessie who did ER for me (I was down for a week).

I would want to say, not all doctors are the same.
Yes to Dr Liu Shu Ling!
Previously I had Dr Jessie and didn’t find her helpful at all. When I went for my ivf, Dr Liu was my assigned doctor. She is so warm, caring, motherly! When we graduated from IVF clinic, she told us to quickly come back and prep for 2nd baby so much of positivity in her that makes me feel calm.

I just completed FET with natural ovulation in KKH this month, the charge is around $1800 paid by Medisave after subsidy Citizen - PR couple. I went to see doctor on cycle day 2 and she gave me go ahead to start the FET then came back for scan to KKIVF on cycle day 8,10,12, and 14 to monitor ovulation. Day 6 after ovulation they scheduled the transfer as my embryos are blastocyst D6 retrieved in 2018, the same batch as my first son.
Thank you for sharing! Gonna ring Clinic D soon. Not sure how long is the waiting list now.

Yes to Dr Liu Shu Ling!
Previously I had Dr Jessie and didn’t find her helpful at all. When I went for my ivf, Dr Liu was my assigned doctor. She is so warm, caring, motherly! When we graduated from IVF clinic, she told us to quickly come back and prep for 2nd baby so much of positivity in her that makes me feel calm.
Yeah, though Jessie has her supporters, I find her going by the book. Well, to each his own. Ultimately, it's up to comfort level. Liu is my assigned OB now and so far so good, no regrets from A-Z.

i agree on this..my wife had 3 fresh and 2 frozen done at a govt hosp (not naming it)...it looks as if they had the last say and decide what needs to be done..most of the time, we were clueless and left at their mercy ...and we were told to do tests after tests after tests!

the mental stress and agony is really too much after failing 3 fresh and 2 frozen..plus i feel the hosp management isn't very empathetic to us... i've used up my fundings in SG..contemplating doing it in JB now

i agree on this..my wife had 3 fresh and 2 frozen done at a govt hosp (not naming it)...it looks as if they had the last say and decide what needs to be done..most of the time, we were clueless and left at their mercy ...and we were told to do tests after tests after tests!
many a time i think we as patients should also read up and help to see what can be done, instead of feeling clueless....i think if you do have doubts, you can always raise the issue and not being left at their mercy.

many a time i think we as patients should also read up and help to see what can be done, instead of feeling clueless....i think if you do have doubts, you can always raise the issue and not being left at their mercy.

well..not always the case..the doctor which i dealt with kept asking us the same questions over n over again during EACH visit as thou we are seeing her for the first time.. and even forgot the medicines which she gave my wife... when we were in the op theatre, suddenly change the number of embryos to be inserted and told us to make a decision there and then... tbh, i lost faith in that particular gynae and hosp cos the system structure they had was so screwed up... oh well, that's my own case.

well..not always the case..the doctor which i dealt with kept asking us the same questions over n over again during EACH visit as thou we are seeing her for the first time.. and even forgot the medicines which she gave my wife... when we were in the op theatre, suddenly change the number of embryos to be inserted and told us to make a decision there and then... tbh, i lost faith in that particular gynae and hosp cos the system structure they had was so screwed up... oh well, that's my own case.
to be honest, that sounds bad. that calls for many red flags esp if she doesnt bother to read your case file before seeing you, forgot the meds and suddenly change the number of embryos.

Can i know who is the doctor? I assume you are a private patient with KKH?

the mental stress and agony is really too much after failing 3 fresh and 2 frozen..plus i feel the hosp management isn't very empathetic to us... i've used up my fundings in SG..contemplating doing it in JB now
You can consider TMC JB - Fabian Kurian. Liu Ling Ling's IVF doc.
Heard successful stories from IVF Bridge too - though there are mixed reviews about the doc. Those who succeeds under him sings praises of him, those who fails, obviously have grouses about him. Check it out.

If in SG, you can consider Tan Heng Hao from Alpha, he's known to have magic hands, patient and high success rates, but again, it's private rates.

Hi, if anyone wants to join the TTC chat group.
please let me know ya! Thank you!
Hoping the best for all of us

Hello!

Basically take lots of eggs during your stimms. After egg retrieval is done, can take non-carbonated isotonic drink to prevent OHSS.

Fresh transfer is done 3-5 days after your egg retrieval. Frozen transfer is done is subsequent cycles. There are some docs that only do frozen transfer because they think your body is more well-rested rather than pumped full of hormones. Some docs will also argue that fresh has the same success rate as frozen and anyway ur body is already prepped to receive an embryo, so why not? It's up to you to discuss with your doc!

You are advised to not lie in bed most of the time after your transfer. Some walking around is good. If your work is not physical or very stressful, then it should be okay to return to work. Strenuous workout should not be done. Anyway the clinic will advise you on the dos and donts after transfer.

Good luck!
what is STIMMS? is it the period you do self injection? how many is consider lots of eggs? 2 eggs a day?

Hi all! I just had a successful fresh cycle and delivered in Dec 2021. We only have 1 more precious frozen embryo.. husband and I want to do FET asap. Even though I have gone thru KKIVF, I am totally new to FET. Is there a waiting list for FET also?

Hi all! I just had a successful fresh cycle and delivered in Dec 2021. We only have 1 more precious frozen embryo.. husband and I want to do FET asap. Even though I have gone thru KKIVF, I am totally new to FET. Is there a waiting list for FET also?
Yes!

hi.. i went to check out IVF BRIDGE at JB and was told they only do frozen transfer...no fresh at all..is that right? did 3 fresh and 2 frozen in SG, all unsuccessful.. now exploring JB for IVF

hi.. i went to check out IVF BRIDGE at JB and was told they only do frozen transfer...no fresh at all..is that right? did 3 fresh and 2 frozen in SG, all unsuccessful.. now exploring JB for IVF
some swear by frozen embryos. it is said that if the embryos can withstand the freezing and thawing means they are "stronger" and "more viable for transfer".

Hi, can anyone share with me the IVF procedure?
Do we start stimmulation jab on CD2?
When is ER and ET?

I am planning a fresh cycle in Oct once my menses comes.

If anyone is with Dr. Loh/TFC, do you mind sharing what is his timeline for IVF jabs to scan to ER and ET?
Because my husband schedule is very packed next month and he needs to plan ahead...

Thank you.

Hihi, I am doing my first IVF now, and currently on my 3rd day of ovarian stimulation with Pergoveris. Previously was on the antagonist injection, Orgalutran.

I realise I have some light bleeding/ spotting for the past 3 days. I am concerned, but the KKH IVF hotline is closed over the weekends.
Just want to check if anyone had the same experience as me, and if this spotting is normal during ovarian stimulation?

Hihi, I am doing my first IVF now, and currently on my 3rd day of ovarian stimulation with Pergoveris. Previously was on the antagonist injection, Orgalutran.

I realise I have some light bleeding/ spotting for the past 3 days. I am concerned, but the KKH IVF hotline is closed over the weekends.
Just want to check if anyone had the same experience as me, and if this spotting is normal during ovarian stimulation?

Hi wanderlust,

You didn't start stimulation on your period day 2?
If you are worried, maybe tried to walk less and rest more, can give kkivf a call tomorrow morning.

Hi ladies,
I've just given birth in Aug and it's the end of my IVF journey. I wish all u ladies luck and a lot of baby dusts! I have 6 boxes of Utrogestan (30caps), expiry in 2024 to bless. I also have 3 vials of proluton, unopened, expiry in 2025 to bless. If you are keen to have them, pls contact me at 97410460 and self collect from Punggol. Thank u and wishing u all the best!! :)

Separately, I'm also putting up Clexane 0.4 for sale at a cheap price. 20 boxes of 2 syringes each, expiry Feb 2023. Pls contact me at 97410460 if you're keen.

Back