Ivf 2022

Hi babe, I’m with Dr Chieng as well and my opinion of him is that he is very straight forward and always ready to discuss. Perhaps you can ask him why he keeps bringing up donor eggs.. There could be other aspects besides egg quality he is concerned about. I have had 2 friends that succeeded under him as well and Virtus is awesome. But more importantly is your trust and comfort level with him and if after all these you still find it frustrating then may be best to switch doctor.. =)

Hi
i am very against egg donors also cos its another woman's egg, just feel that its strange.

Hope you mind, just wanna get your opinion as I just read that you went thru egg donor process. why were you ok with this option?

thanks

I am 39 year old when i did my ivf. I gave birth at age 40 yr old this jan 2022. Hope age is not a factor u sld be worry... i did tcm with zhou yu ming to improve my uterus blood circulation and to thicken my lining so that implantation can be success. I also take q10 before egg extraction. I got 2 b grade and 2 c grade . Infact my c grade successfully conceived a bb. Not all gd grade can conceived a bb.
may i know where do you do your ivf?

Hi
i am very against egg donors also cos its another woman's egg, just feel that its strange.

Hope you mind, just wanna get your opinion as I just read that you went thru egg donor process. why were you ok with this option?

thanks
Hello,
We went to 2 different doctors for their opinion when the first one told us my egg quality is an issue and seems to be a genetic problem as all my cycles had the same result, nothing could grow till blast.. They all concurred and agreed that going for more cycles would be a strain for us, financially and mentally, likely yielding the same results.. We were ready to go for adoption as I thought that donor eggs can only come from family and friends and to me that is a hard no as it would be so awkward. But we later found out that we could purchase donor eggs overseas. I went through grieving (that I can’t have a child with my genetics), acceptance (of the former), acceptance (of using a donor egg) and finally taking the leap..

It is very subjective but to me (and to many other ladies who might not have the option of using their own eggs due to age or quality etc), having a donor egg option was like a ray of light.. It would enable me to experience the joys (and pain) of carrying my child and giving birth to him/her.. And who is to say he/she is not my child just because they don’t have my DNA.. Genetics is not everything..

So yea, if everyone had a choice, they wouldn’t go the donor route but not every one is as lucky.. Again, this is all very subjective, it’s either you can accept it or you cannot..

Hi ladies, I created TLG grp for ladies who's TTC. Feel free to join ya!

Attachments

• 79997D8A-9747-44CC-B124-48D6A8913727.jpeg
    79997D8A-9747-44CC-B124-48D6A8913727.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 313
Hi

thanks
To be honest, though it sounds weird initially, but think about it, egg donors do give women who are not able to get pregnant for a reason to fulfil their dreams as mothers. The woman still undergo the process of pregnancy and giving birth and raising the child.

It's the same as IVF, initially people were against it cos it was like playing God. IVF helped many women to fulfil their dreams as mothers though not through the natural way. Do we still love our test tube babies less?

Thanks for sharing towkay neo & kiddyu15. totally agree with your statements. just needed to get more inputs. never an easy path regardless of which we take.

Hi all,

Need some advice here. I am assigned Prof PC Wong at NUH and he has given me the green light for IVF but unfortunately my hubby sperm count is extremely low (his last sperm count was only 10).

Prof PC Wong has referred to Dr Joe at NUH Urology and he said the only way is to operate on my hubby to extract sperm from his testicles directly.

Will IVF work well on frozen sperm? Or should I freeze my eggs first?

Hi all,

Need some advice here. I am assigned Prof PC Wong at NUH and he has given me the green light for IVF but unfortunately my hubby sperm count is extremely low (his last sperm count was only 10).

Prof PC Wong has referred to Dr Joe at NUH Urology and he said the only way is to operate on my hubby to extract sperm from his testicles directly.

Singapore can’t freeze eggs unless got condition , need to approve by MOH.

Hihi, roughly how long is a natural FET cycle from the first scan to the beta hcg? I trying to plan my work schedule around it.. such a headache..
Hihi, i also went thru FET in Jan 2022. Here's my timeline:
4 Jan start menses.
Day 8, 11, 14 go back for ultrasound.
Day 19 is my egg transfer (day 5 Blastocyst)....
And the rest is history........

All the best!

Hihi, i also went thru FET in Jan 2022. Here's my timeline:
4 Jan start menses.
Day 8, 11, 14 go back for ultrasound.
Day 19 is my egg transfer (day 5 Blastocyst)....
And the rest is history........

All the best!

Thanks for sharing! ;) May I know what is your blastocyst grade? And did the grade change after thawing?

Thanks for sharing! ;) May I know what is your blastocyst grade? And did the grade change after thawing?
My blastocyst grade was a Grade B.... when they thawed, the grade still remained as a grade B...

I may not be an expert, but mayb we can also prepare the womb in preparation for the egg transfer. I tried out a combination of some methods others posted...

What i did during the starting of FET:
1) Went for accupuncture weekly at any TCM. I didn't go for the Atas kind like thomson tcm, i just went to the one near my place. Yong Kang TCM... The female physian was good. Her skills were quick n fast painless for me! But i stopped the moment the egg has been implanted as kkh nurse say better not try.
2) drink some red dates water few times a week. It tastes good so its okies. Tried limiting cold drinks intake and only drink warm stuff.
3) i put menstral heat packs on my womb area for few nites before my egg transfer.

Though im not sure if any of the above helped in anyway... mayb can give it a try :)

Dear all, I have a previous miscarriage at 22 weeks due to PPROM and now I'm trying again for my 6th round of IVF. I supposed I'm in the high risk category given age and previous MC. I was thinking of switching from KKH to private because I feel that private doctors seems to care more and have more time for their patient.. unlike KKH which I was with previously.

I was thinking of a few options of gynae such as
Dr Tony Tan
Dr T C Chang
Dr Freda Khoo

Anybody have any recommendations or feedbacks on above 3 doctors and can share with me on the cost of consultation if you have any info pls? Concerned about the cost as well due to pockets burned out from many rounds of IVF treatments..

Hi ladies! may i know if anyone has done Frozen Embryo transfer @ KKIVF? May I knw the process and the charges? Thank you!
I just completed FET with natural ovulation in KKH this month, the charge is around $1800 paid by Medisave after subsidy Citizen - PR couple. I went to see doctor on cycle day 2 and she gave me go ahead to start the FET then came back for scan to KKIVF on cycle day 8,10,12, and 14 to monitor ovulation. Day 6 after ovulation they scheduled the transfer as my embryos are blastocyst D6 retrieved in 2018, the same batch as my first son.

I just completed FET with natural ovulation in KKH this month, the charge is around $1800 paid by Medisave after subsidy Citizen - PR couple. I went to see doctor on cycle day 2 and she gave me go ahead to start the FET then came back for scan to KKIVF on cycle day 8,10,12, and 14 to monitor ovulation. Day 6 after ovulation they scheduled the transfer as my embryos are blastocyst D6 retrieved in 2018, the same batch as my first son.

Hello.. may I know if you were given any medication for your natural FET?

Back to this thread after 4yrs and also after dr thh left kkh to pte. Decided time to try for no.2 have chosen dr jessie phoon. 1st meet up as age catching up does not sound promising. Moreover low amh reading with iregular menses now. Geez. Anyone bfp with low amh reading? Just need 1 lucky star to make it miracle again.. no frozen eggs left from precious cycle.gora start fresh. Geez...

Back to this thread after 4yrs and also after dr thh left kkh to pte. Decided time to try for no.2 have chosen dr jessie phoon. 1st meet up as age catching up does not sound promising. Moreover low amh reading with iregular menses now. Geez. Anyone bfp with low amh reading? Just need 1 lucky star to make it miracle again.. no frozen eggs left from precious cycle.gora start fresh. Geez...
yup, things are so different with THH out of KKH. initially i have chosen Jessie Phoon. I do not have any doubts that she's no good and I like that she's straightforward and open.

I would think it's more of whether your thoughts and needs are aligned with that of the doctor.

After I failed my 1st cycle with her, we had the post-consultation and she was telling me that age played a huge factor for the BFN and that I should consider going to JB to do PGS if I had wanted a daughter. I did appreciate her frankness, but on the other hand, those words left me cold - meaning to say that she gave me the impression that if i were to continue under her, we would continue to go with the motion for the next cycle and I always think that if the doc feels that age is working against us, patients, they would not go to the extra mile for us. (That's my personal thought) and hey, I'm using hard cash cos I have used up my grants.

I switched to Dr Liu Shu Ling and I am so glad that I did that. She's warm, enthusiastic and has a keen eye for details. Straightforward and open but not to the extent of being blunt.

yup, things are so different with THH out of KKH. initially i have chosen Jessie Phoon. I do not have any doubts that she's no good and I like that she's straightforward and open.

I would think it's more of whether your thoughts and needs are aligned with that of the doctor.

After I failed my 1st cycle with her, we had the post-consultation and she was telling me that age played a huge factor for the BFN and that I should consider going to JB to do PGS if I had wanted a daughter. I did appreciate her frankness, but on the other hand, those words left me cold - meaning to say that she gave me the impression that if i were to continue under her, we would continue to go with the motion for the next cycle and I always think that if the doc feels that age is working against us, patients, they would not go to the extra mile for us. (That's my personal thought) and hey, I'm using hard cash cos I have used up my grants.

I switched to Dr Liu Shu Ling and I am so glad that I did that. She's warm, enthusiastic and has a keen eye for details. Straightforward and open but not to the extent of being blunt.
Yup she is very straight But age is just a number.medical science helping us But ultimately He plan for us. So i just folow thru go ahead. Whatever the result may be let it be a suprise or let down let He decide. Just follow through July it is im waiting. May it goes as smooth as possible. Will continue on follow this thread.

Yup she is very straight But age is just a number.medical science helping us But ultimately He plan for us. So i just folow thru go ahead. Whatever the result may be let it be a suprise or let down let He decide. Just follow through July it is im waiting. May it goes as smooth as possible. Will continue on follow this thread.
All the best to you, hajar!

Hi mummies, I’m going to return 50 red eggs to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang at Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Shi temple this Saturday morning before lunch. I am blessed with healthy baby girl last year. If anyone keen can go there and take. All the best.

Hi all,

Hello! Not sure if anyone replied you but frozen sperm is fine! :) I had a successful FET with frozen sperm. My hub has azoospermia (zero sperm count) so he had to do TESE/MESA procedure to extract sperms.

Hi! I’m new here. While I’ve tried to read as many posts posted here as possible, I’m still quite unsure of the expected cost if I were to go with Dr Roland Chieng. Could anyone who’s seeing him/have seen him past 1-2 years kindly share the totally damage before Medisave grant pls? TIA

Hi! I’m new here. While I’ve tried to read as many posts posted here as possible, I’m still quite unsure of the expected cost if I were to go with Dr Roland Chieng. Could anyone who’s seeing him/have seen him past 1-2 years kindly share the totally damage before Medisave grant pls? TIA

Hello. I'm currently with Ronald Chieng. You have to pay his clinic for the medications/consultations/ultrasound/blood tests. For the actual Embryo Retrieval done at Virtus, you pay Virtus direct.

For me,
Clinic Bill - About 7k
Virtus Bill - About 9.8k

I did stimm for about 8-9 days. He has a package for ultrasound/blood test/consultation which is about 1.9K so the final fee depends on the dosage/type of medication you have to use etc. During the counselling session, they did say to expect to spend between 20k to 25k for the whole cycle.

Do note he does not do fresh transfer. So the FET is another additional fee to get your embryo transferred back to you.
Hope this helps!

Hello. I'm currently with Ronald Chieng. You have to pay his clinic for the medications/consultations/ultrasound/blood tests. For the actual Embryo Retrieval done at Virtus, you pay Virtus direct.

For me,
Clinic Bill - About 7k
Virtus Bill - About 9.8k

I did stimm for about 8-9 days. He has a package for ultrasound/blood test/consultation which is about 1.9K so the final fee depends on the dosage/type of medication you have to use etc. During the counselling session, they did say to expect to spend between 20k to 25k for the whole cycle.

Do note he does not do fresh transfer. So the FET is another additional fee to get your embryo transferred back to you.
Hope this helps!

Thank you!!Indeed I had the impression that it will cost close to 30k. Ur cost seems to be on the low side. Have u completed 1 cycle?

Thank you!!Indeed I had the impression that it will cost close to 30k. Ur cost seems to be on the low side. Have u completed 1 cycle?

Hello, yes! I completed one egg retrieval cycle. currently in the middle of preparing of my frozen transfer.

I think it really depends on your medications and the dosage which can affect the price. For me, I was on Gonal F and orgalutran.

Hello, yes! I completed one egg retrieval cycle. currently in the middle of preparing of my frozen transfer.

I think it really depends on your medications and the dosage which can affect the price. For me, I was on Gonal F and orgalutran.
Thanks! So the 7k and 9.8k have not included the frozen transfer cost?
sending you lucks for the transfer

Hi ladies, i've recently cleared my detailed scan n thought i will share my ttc journey with u and spread some positivity :) some background, i have mild pcos (which i wasn't aware of) while hub have pre-existing condition. Initial sperm result not good so he had to take proxeed men supplements. We tried oral medication and 2 iui but failed. For 3rd round of iui we changed from gonal-f to another canadian manufacturer and resulted in many follicles hence last minute change to ivf. We yielded good result and frozen 9 blastocyst. Placed 2 for egg transfer and are super blessed that both stuck :)

These are some things i adopted before egg retrieval:
1. Joined the fertility formula facebook group and they provided a free guide. I removed as much plastic in my life where practically possible, like water bottle, kettle etc.
2. Cut caffeine - my clinic told me caffeine affects the jabs
3. Minimise drinking cold water. Seldom drink cold but this period i make sure i avoid as much as possible
4. Received 2 rounds of reiki healing (energy healing) from Mdm Valencia tan. U can search the forum to read up or PM me.
5. Drink TYX chicken essence. I opted for pure no herb option cos my gynae advised against tcm herb cos dunno how it will affect the hormones n jabs.
6. Regular exercise and get enough sleep.
7. Eat well and avoid processed food as practically possible.
8. After egg retrieval, i had to take raw egg whites (2 per day) to help with my recovery. That helped a lot cos its the fastest way to replenish protein that can be easily absorb by body. I added milk and milo powder (no hot water) cos i cannot swallow the raw egg whites by itself (yucksss).

Before embryo transfer:
1. Regularly went to tcm zou yu min at amk for accupunture (you might want to go earlier stage for consultation)
2. Went on a holiday!
3. Continue the good habits listed above
4. Did more reiki healing. My work is very stressful hence the sessions helps a lot.

After embryo transfer, i resumed work after a week as it distracts me and time pass faster. I continued with the tcm and reiki healing for around 5 days after egg transfer. Do relax as much, stay happy and avoid stress (and strenuous exercise).

After the ttw, we got our first positive test and good hcg reading. My gynae continued with medications and progesterone jabs twice a week till end of first trimester.

Forgot to mention, my gyne is Dr Fong Yang and he uses the facility at Sincere IVF. I understand everyone circumstance is different and i am no expert. I just hope my sharing can help more ladies in some way. Do feel free to contact me if you will like to find out anything more.

Hello! I’m also under dr Chieng. Mine is on the high side, though it’s case to case basis. Up until egg retrieval it costs us 21k sgd. below is for the FET:
1,078 Fet package (consultation/scan/blood test)
706 fet meds
4494 FET procedure

Hi everyone, I will be starting my IVF treatment in another 2 weeks. Is there anything that I should aware of? Like during the injection, after the transfer etc? I see that most of you did FET. What is the difference between a fresh and frozen? And after the transfer, do I have to lie in bed most of the time? Or can I resume to normal work/ workout activity?

Kind of excited and scared at the same time cause this is my first time doing an IVF.

Back