Ivf 2022

i think every foetus develops differently...i think can see waterbag and yolk sac is an achievement, dont worry and move on to the next milestone :)

thk u for the assurance.
i have been very worried since the scan .. :(
i am wondering is it they ask us too early in for a scan ..

now i am wondering how i have to keep myself less worried and gan jiong for the next two weeks..

this is worst den the tww. :(

Just completed my Transfer!
anyone went traveling durin the TWW?
im tinking of going to KL or Genting during tww with my #1 and helper
Planning to take bus go for a short 3D2N trip to chillax.
Wonder if its too intensive

anyone did the same and successfully conceived?
Every step, every stage is nerve cracking..
all the best, good luck.
I am also in TWW, but didn't travel for short trip. Only took the initial few days off and resume work for the remaining of HL.

thk u for the assurance.
i have been very worried since the scan .. :(
i am wondering is it they ask us too early in for a scan ..

now i am wondering how i have to keep myself less worried and gan jiong for the next two weeks..

this is worst den the tww. :(
hhahah, i feel you. if this will make you feel better: My doc sent me too early for the scan and they couldnt find the fetal pole. I was a bag of nerves and kept searching for answers for the 2 weeks till the next scan.

Fortunately all turned out well and that little beanie that freaked me out is coming to 6 months.

Just completed my Transfer!
anyone went traveling durin the TWW?
im tinking of going to KL or Genting during tww with my #1 and helper
Planning to take bus go for a short 3D2N trip to chillax.
Wonder if its too intensive

anyone did the same and successfully conceived?
i would think it's too intensive. for me, i wouldnt even think of going for a holiday during TWW....

Hi Towkayneo. Thanks a lot for your advice. Did you choose fresh transfer or frozen for first cycle? I know the freezing fee is not included in co-funding. If I choose to do frozen transfer the next month, will the yearly freezing fee be pro-rated/ reduced accordingly?
for first cycle, i was also a noob, so naturally i went along with what the doc said, fresh cycle, day 3. apparently it didnt work out. but luckily i had 6 embryos to try, so 1st fresh day 3 put in 2 embryos - failed, 1st frozen day 3 put in 2 embryos - failed. it was only the doc decided to blast it to day 4 that it was a success. got my 1st boy from that frozen day 4 cycle.

Hi Towkayneo. Thanks a lot for your advice. Did you choose fresh transfer or frozen for first cycle? I know the freezing fee is not included in co-funding. If I choose to do frozen transfer the next month, will the yearly freezing fee be pro-rated/ reduced accordingly?
reduced accordingly, if you are talking about the freezing fee.

hhahah, i feel you. if this will make you feel better: My doc sent me too early for the scan and they couldnt find the fetal pole. I was a bag of nerves and kept searching for answers for the 2 weeks till the next scan.

Fortunately all turned out well and that little beanie that freaked me out is coming to 6 months.

same here . cos they say could only see yolk sac.. den told me seems to be progressing abit slow ..
so i worried.. cos the apps were like saying can hear heart beat .
end up i lost what the doc was saying after she mentioned that growth seems abit slow..

after that was all my husband listen liao ..

end up now i need to wait another 2 more weeks for the scan .. i so gan jiong.., wan to find answers online .. but .. like not much info..

yeah .. hows ur little beanie now ? and being a new mother ?

same here . cos they say could only see yolk sac.. den told me seems to be progressing abit slow ..
so i worried.. cos the apps were like saying can hear heart beat .
end up i lost what the doc was saying after she mentioned that growth seems abit slow..

after that was all my husband listen liao ..

end up now i need to wait another 2 more weeks for the scan .. i so gan jiong.., wan to find answers online .. but .. like not much info..

yeah .. hows ur little beanie now ? and being a new mother ?
i would think that worrying right now cant help things...perhaps after 2 weeks you will get a more concrete answer. all you need to monitor now is to see if there is bleeding and perhaps if you really need to do something, you test on the hpt, see if the lines continue to be v dark, if touchwood, the lines will get fainter and fainter....

this is my 4th kid LOL i'm a seasoned new mother LOL

i would think that worrying right now cant help things...perhaps after 2 weeks you will get a more concrete answer. all you need to monitor now is to see if there is bleeding and perhaps if you really need to do something, you test on the hpt, see if the lines continue to be v dark, if touchwood, the lines will get fainter and fainter....

this is my 4th kid LOL i'm a seasoned new mother LOL

hahaha,, thats why hub says oso.. say aiya dun worry la. i think when coming to this.. men always more chill one ..
ya.. its another 12 days of waiting..

but all good now that there is no more spotting.. cos i was having spotting till about 2 weeks ago ..

but i tested on the hpt.. its still quite dark..

so fingers crossed..

wow!! 4th kid!! u r amazing!!! its not easy nowadays!!

hahaha,, thats why hub says oso.. say aiya dun worry la. i think when coming to this.. men always more chill one ..
ya.. its another 12 days of waiting..

but all good now that there is no more spotting.. cos i was having spotting till about 2 weeks ago ..

but i tested on the hpt.. its still quite dark..

so fingers crossed..

wow!! 4th kid!! u r amazing!!! its not easy nowadays!!
jia you jia you! dont worry so much! people do say "if it's yours, it will definitely be yours" or that "if it's not yours, no matter what you do, also not yours". Just take good care and small small actions pls.

jia you jia you! dont worry so much! people do say "if it's yours, it will definitely be yours" or that "if it's not yours, no matter what you do, also not yours". Just take good care and small small actions pls.

thank you!!
ya lo .
trying to keep sane and zen at the same time not easy ...

cant wait for 29th ..

Anyone taken antihistamine during TWW and had bfp and delivered?

my flu is getting worst and now my whole face is painful due to the congestion. Fever also getting higher……

my flu is getting worst and now my whole face is painful due to the congestion. Fever also getting higher……
actually i feel u dont worry too much . if need be still take med .
if not your body will be weak trying to fight the virus too

but best to see doc ..

I think you should see a doctor and see what they say, they are the best peeps to advise.

Hi everyone. I just did ER and my period came still scanty like before I start ivf. Dr told me my lining was ok during stimulation and also around 8mm previously when I did iui. My HSG last year after miscarriage showed no problem. So they still prepare me for FET. Did anyone have similar condition but still pregnant with healthy baby? I'm just afraid some blood might stuck somewhere inside and not good for implantation. I've been having light period more than a year now, have tried accupunture, TCM but no difference. Should I go back to TCM before FET? Or anything else can help?

Hi everyone. I just did ER and my period came still scanty like before I start ivf. Dr told me my lining was ok during stimulation and also around 8mm previously when I did iui. My HSG last year after miscarriage showed no problem. So they still prepare me for FET. Did anyone have similar condition but still pregnant with healthy baby? I'm just afraid some blood might stuck somewhere inside and not good for implantation. I've been having light period more than a year now, have tried accupunture, TCM but no difference. Should I go back to TCM before FET? Or anything else can help?
Since it has hit 8mm, that would be the min lining measurement for transfer. Since you mentioned that you had m/c previously means that there is no problem with lining and implantation.

I would think that it's just waiting for the right embryo to implant.

No such thing as blood stuck inside etc unless it's a medical condition and ultrasound scans may be able to pick up. If you have a light period, try eating more iron rich food and do light exercise. May help.

Thanks towkayneo. I feel less worried now :) Can I do dental x-ray and scaling while waiting for FET? Can I dye my hair? The FET is in couples of weeks so I just want to get these routines out of the way first, if there is no risk. My first jab to prepare for FET is beginning of June though.

Thanks towkayneo. I feel less worried now :) Can I do dental x-ray and scaling while waiting for FET? Can I dye my hair? The FET is in couples of weeks so I just want to get these routines out of the way first, if there is no risk. My first jab to prepare for FET is beginning of June though.
why not? quickly do these before FET!

Failed my first SO-IUI and after the experienced of injections and multiple scanning, thinking to switch to IVF..

By the way, just heard from KKH that Dr Jessie Phoon is leaving kkh in end June.

@towkayneo can i check w u , when ur scan got no fetal pole, how many weeks along r u ?

my baby is growing bery bery very slowly ..only 1 week growth... now the person who scan cannot detect heartbeat . :( but can see fetal pole.
So end up the scan got progress , but slower than 3 weeks ..

Last edited:
@towkayneo can i check w u , when ur scan got no fetal pole, how many weeks along r u ?

my baby is growing bery bery very slowly ..only 1 week growth... now the person who scan cannot detect heartbeat . :( but can see fetal pole.
So end up the scan got progress , but slower than 3 weeks ..
hello! that was my very first scan and they stated it as about 5 weeks when it should have been about 6 weeks?

gradually, for the 2nd scan, everything fell into place - can see the flicker etc and they gave a more accurate EDD.

hello! that was my very first scan and they stated it as about 5 weeks when it should have been about 6 weeks?

gradually, for the 2nd scan, everything fell into place - can see the flicker etc and they gave a more accurate EDD.
oic..

hmm.. means mine not looking very gd liao .

i am like 3-4 weeks behind schedule. :(

be positive until confirmed diagnosis. such things are quite hard to say, for all you know, your baby is a fighter.
thank you for your supportive words.

i hope so !! i hope the lil one is not giving up on us yet ..
but the sonographer didnt give off very gd vibes.. she like chin chye chin chye nia.
hopefully lil one was just being lazy to grow. . and grow up a lil more during the next scan .. :(

i was waiting so long for this baby ..

haiz.. end up now :(

thank you for your supportive words.

i hope so !! i hope the lil one is not giving up on us yet ..
but the sonographer didnt give off very gd vibes.. she like chin chye chin chye nia.
hopefully lil one was just being lazy to grow. . and grow up a lil more during the next scan .. :(

i was waiting so long for this baby ..

haiz.. end up now :(
oh i understand how you felt cos the sonographer who did the very 1st scan gave me such vibes too like aiya, anyhow anyhow. I was like wtf, will you hurt the baby (if any).

Nothing much you can do right now except to eat well, rest well and pray hope that we can have BETTER news for the next scan. Jia you jia you!

oh i understand how you felt cos the sonographer who did the very 1st scan gave me such vibes too like aiya, anyhow anyhow. I was like wtf, will you hurt the baby (if any).

Nothing much you can do right now except to eat well, rest well and pray hope that we can have BETTER news for the next scan. Jia you jia you!
ya lo .

because i have a tilted uterus. . but the first nurse ask me come full bladder.

the second scan . she chin chye chin chye scan tummy. nv try only den ask me go pee.. come back do transvaginal scan..

but her scan results where like abit grainy and blur..
den she was like oh ok . no heart beat ..

totally no emotions de..

end up now i am thinking shld i go for second opinion .. or shld i wait for 2 weeks later den see if i need to go for second opinion.

ya lo .

because i have a tilted uterus. . but the first nurse ask me come full bladder.

the second scan . she chin chye chin chye scan tummy. nv try only den ask me go pee.. come back do transvaginal scan..

but her scan results where like abit grainy and blur..
den she was like oh ok . no heart beat ..

totally no emotions de..

end up now i am thinking shld i go for second opinion .. or shld i wait for 2 weeks later den see if i need to go for second opinion.
it's a good idea to go for a 2nd opinion and know more, cos no doubt KKH is good, some of the sonographers really CMI

it's a good idea to go for a 2nd opinion and know more, cos no doubt KKH is good, some of the sonographers really CMI

shld i go for the second opinion before my next scan ?

ya loh , thats what i feel leh . the doctors there are not bad de..
but the sonographers .. wa piang..
got one like wan to tear your below out..

shld i go for the second opinion before my next scan ?

ya loh , thats what i feel leh . the doctors there are not bad de..
but the sonographers .. wa piang..
got one like wan to tear your below out..
If i were you, i'll head for a 2nd scan now.

ya ya, the sonographers hor...I once saw a pregnant woman stepping out of the sonographer room sobbing cos the sonographer siao one, kept asking her to clear her bladder but the former said she went already.

i would think that the local sonographers are more bo chup and not empathic. My feel la.

If i were you, i'll head for a 2nd scan now.

ya ya, the sonographers hor...I once saw a pregnant woman stepping out of the sonographer room sobbing cos the sonographer siao one, kept asking her to clear her bladder but the former said she went already.

i would think that the local sonographers are more bo chup and not empathic. My feel la.

i see..
wa lao . went liao means no more pee la.. keep asking ppl to pee.

got once also .. during my IUI scan . i just peed like 10 mins ago . the lady was like GO PEE!! FULL OF PEE NOW!!

den she was so rough on me while scanning .. it was so annoying loh ..

ya loh . den ask them anything, they will say .. ask the doctor. the doctor will explain .

i really feel she didnt look hard enough to see if there's a hb .

i was also thinking of doing a scan tml in jb. but hubby seems hestitant..
shall talk to him about it ..

hate the feeling of living in fear and unknown is so stressful .

i see..
wa lao . went liao means no more pee la.. keep asking ppl to pee.

got once also .. during my IUI scan . i just peed like 10 mins ago . the lady was like GO PEE!! FULL OF PEE NOW!!

den she was so rough on me while scanning .. it was so annoying loh ..

ya loh . den ask them anything, they will say .. ask the doctor. the doctor will explain .

i really feel she didnt look hard enough to see if there's a hb .

i was also thinking of doing a scan tml in jb. but hubby seems hestitant..
shall talk to him about it ..

hate the feeling of living in fear and unknown is so stressful .
or if he doesnt want to travel...you head to O&G and say that you are in pain and bleeding, the doc on duty will definitely scan for you.

or if he doesnt want to travel...you head to O&G and say that you are in pain and bleeding, the doc on duty will definitely scan for you.

gd morning,

end up we went to ANE on thurs night cos i have sudden bleeding and blood clot..
but when doc scan.. she said that it seems like it was the polyp bleeding and not from the womb/baby .

baby did grow from 5w4d to 6w0d on thurs.. ( as compared to monday ) but heartbeat still un-dectable ..
( but i supposed its a gd thing baby got grow ? )

but fri night i have suddenly bleeding again but no clots..
but doc said i could bleed due to the polyp and told me not to worry too much ..
( increased my dosage of duphaston again)

so far now is little bits of spottings ..

hoping for the best on 12th june .. :(

Hi

i was tested positive with beta of 529 on 29May.
Last week my breasts starts to be very sore and sensitive and i have some nausea and food adversion.
However these few days i realise my breasts are getting less sore and not sensitive anymore
Im also no longer feeling nausea and no food aversion at all.

My gynae appt is 14June and now im worry if these are early signs of MC. As Im still on progesteron pills, Im not sure if these pills is stopping the bleeding or my pregnancy is still healthy.

has anyone had similar experience as me?
or any suggestions/advise?

Hi

i was tested positive with beta of 529 on 29May.
Last week my breasts starts to be very sore and sensitive and i have some nausea and food adversion.
However these few days i realise my breasts are getting less sore and not sensitive anymore
Im also no longer feeling nausea and no food aversion at all.

My gynae appt is 14June and now im worry if these are early signs of MC. As Im still on progesteron pills, Im not sure if these pills is stopping the bleeding or my pregnancy is still healthy.

has anyone had similar experience as me?
or any suggestions/advise?
Congrats! 529 is a good HcG number!

Perhaps you can either wait till 14 june or you can take a hpt and see if that double line is getting lighter. Do look out for bleeding as well.

Take care!

Did anyone on medicated FET but having to postpone the FET from the estimated day? I was given triptorelin injection couple of weeks ago but now still haven't seen menses yet. Went back to hospital to do blood test and they say my hormone still high. So I need to keep going back for BT to monitor, don't know when can start progynova. I thought for medicated FET everything is in control and we don't have to visit hospital many times. Not sure if anything wrong with my body...

Did anyone on medicated FET but having to postpone the FET from the estimated day? I was given triptorelin injection couple of weeks ago but now still haven't seen menses yet. Went back to hospital to do blood test and they say my hormone still high. So I need to keep going back for BT to monitor, don't know when can start progynova. I thought for medicated FET everything is in control and we don't have to visit hospital many times. Not sure if anything wrong with my body...
yup, it happened to me, supposed to go for medicated FET but it was aborted on the very day, just before i reached the hospital. reason given was the frozen embryos did not survive the thawing.

on another scenario, i was not able to do any fresh transfer because of high hormones..

Hello everyone, I’m currently 7DP5DT and going crazy in my 2WW…

This is my 5th cycle of IVF
First 3 was with KKH many years back, all failed
4th was with Sincere last year, never even got to transfer due to issues with egg quality and sperm quality..

We were about to give up and go for adoption then came upon the option of donor eggs, did a leap of faith, went ahead and here I am in the dreaded 2WW..

No symptoms to talk about, feeling normal except for crazy backache.. How to survive another week to BT! Gosh…… =|
Hi kiddyu15
Just wondering whether you managed to conceive with an egg donor, and any advise for someone looking into egg donation? Thank youuuu

Hi ladies,

I hope you're all doing well :)

I'm about to embark on my first IVF journey, specifically a frozen egg transfer. I'm curious about how you planned your leave for the Embryo Transfer (ET). I'm thinking of starting my leave a day before my ET.

I'm currently taking progynova, and my first scan is scheduled for October 30th. Does anyone know if the doctor typically provides the ET date during this appointment?

Thank you in advance!

Hi ladies,
My child is 2yo and 14 kg. He now wants to be carried by me very often. If I go for 2nd IVF, can I still carry him during the 2WW?

Back