IVF 2019

Hi Ladies this thur I'm going for my FET. During my previous fresh transfer got pregnant but had a miscarriage ard 4 months. Very worried and I'm hoping Dr Tan HH will be ard to do my transfer..do any of you have any idea if he will be back from his leave?

Hi Ladies this thur I'm going for my FET. During my previous fresh transfer got pregnant but had a miscarriage ard 4 months. Very worried and I'm hoping Dr Tan HH will be ard to do my transfer..do any of you have any idea if he will be back from his leave?

his last day at kk is 31st October as his new clinic open on 1st November. Even if he around he will not be the one to do the transfer which u can read from the forum

Dear ladies, do give some feedback on egg donation in Malaysia:

Singaporeans head to Malaysia, elsewhere to find IVF egg donors
Singaporeans have travelled as far as the United States and Australia to find an egg donor to help them have a baby, but many have also gone to Malaysia, checks by The Straits Times showed.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
www.straitstimes.com
www.straitstimes.com

Egg donation in Malaysia costs just S$16,300 (RM50,000) all inclusive with IVF procedure !!!

S’poreans head to Malaysia, elsewhere to find egg donors

Singaporeans have travelled as far as the United States and Australia to find an egg donor to help them have a baby, but many have also gone to Malaysia, checks by The Straits Times showed. Ms Christine Gautaman, who runs Heart to ART, a firm in Selangor that matches couples to egg donors, told ST about 20 per cent of her clients are Singaporeans who require an egg donor, a surrogate mother, or both. For example, she has had Singaporean couples where the wives were in their 20s but suffered from premature ovarian failure. In such a case, the ovaries stop functioning normally before the age of 40, and the woman would require donor eggs to conceive. Her other Singaporean clients are often older, some in their 40s. She said Singaporeans prefer to use an anonymous egg donor as they have no ties to the donor and can raise the child as their own.
The cost of in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) using an egg donor is about RM50,000 (S$16,300). She said this covers the fees paid to the egg donor, the treatment to retrieve the donor’s eggs and the IVF procedure for the mother-to-be, which is performed in Malaysia.
Ms Gautaman did not say how much the donors are paid. She added that the egg donors at her agency are generally between the ages of 21 and 32, and many are degree holders. Some are even doctors, lawyers and accountants, she said. “These ladies are very well aware of the gift of life they are giving to their recipients and although they do receive some remuneration for their time and effort, they generally are doing this to help others,” said Ms Gautaman.
From January next year, women aged 45 and older will be allowed to undergo IVF here. Doctors cheered the move but they pointed out that many of these older women would need donor eggs to conceive even if they are allowed to undergo IVF here.
Dr Sadhana Nadarajah, senior consultant of the reproductive medicine department at the KK Women’s
and Children’s Hospital, explained that women in their late 40s and 50s will have to use donor eggs to
get pregnant. For women in that age group, if they are not menopausal, most of their eggs may be genetically abnormal by then, and it will be challenging to conceive using their own eggs, she said.
However, there are some women in their 20s who suffer from premature menopause and will also need
donor eggs to conceive. Doctors say egg donors in Singapore are uncommon due to the tedious procedures involved, the fact that they cannot be paid and that people are just uncomfortable with the idea as the child would be biologically related
to them.
None of the five women The Straits Times approached who used egg donors was willing to be interviewed.

his last day at kk is 31st October as his new clinic open on 1st November. Even if he around he will not be the one to do the transfer which u can read from the forum
Thank you.. I donno who will be my transfer doc and I'm worried due to bad experience during iui..

Hi does anyone know if it’s normal to have slight bleeding/spotting during early pregnancy? I’m waiting to see the doc on the 30/10 to do ultrasound. I did my 2nd IVF cycle n it was successful. On 16/10 my hcg was double up to 300plus n the nurse gave me the progesterone jab due to my bleeding/spotting. And I’m on duphaston 3 times a day. I’ve went to O&G twice with regards to my bleeding/spotting but the doc say it’s normal n it’s too early to do ultrasound as they can’t see anything yet. So right now I’m just waiting for the 30/10 to do ultrasound n see the doc. Does anyone of you experience the same thing as i do?

I had spotting and bleeding episodes till almost the end of my 1st trimester. The 1st episode was at almost 6 weeks and I rushed to O&G. Was given a jab , support med and MC to rest for couple of days. The following week, I had fresh bleeding with cramps. I thought that was it. But luckily everything turned out fine. Continued with max support med and bi-weekly jabs till almost end of 1st trimester before the spotting tapered off. Rest more and minimize movements. Guess you are having your scan today. All the best and take care!

Did anyone experience spotting before hcg trigger? I had very sharp pain just now and when I went to the washroom to check, there’s very light spotting. I wonder if one of the follicles matured and burst.

I had spotting and bleeding episodes till almost the end of my 1st trimester. The 1st episode was at almost 6 weeks and I rushed to O&G. Was given a jab , support med and MC to rest for couple of days. The following week, I had fresh bleeding with cramps. I thought that was it. But luckily everything turned out fine. Continued with max support med and bi-weekly jabs till almost end of 1st trimester before the spotting tapered off. Rest more and minimize movements. Guess you are having your scan today. All the best and take care!
Hi thank you for your reply. However i went for my scan ystd n they can’t seem to find anything at all. So they took my blood test again to check my hcg. Tomorrow I’m going again to see the doc n confirm if it’s a miscarriage or not.

Hello to all lovely ladies out there,
My ET was done yesterday, the transferred embryo was in morula stage(stage-4) instead of blastocyst on day 5, did anyone had similar experience before( i mean transferring morula stage embryo) & how were you results.
Thanks!!

Is it common to feel gassy and bloated after ER? Read that high sodium diet coupled with ample hydration can help reduce this bloatedness and prevent onset of OHSS

Hi Ladies, anyone with Dr Liu Shu Ling at kkh? Any review on her or Dr Jessie Phoon? Understand Dr THH is leaving. I’m thinking of switching either to her or jessie? TIA

I was with Jessie Phoon for both my fresh cycles. Now 20 weeks pregnant. I like her short and straightforward opinions whenever I have questions. During both my ET, the Nurses who attended me have good opinions of her too. Can consider.

Reactions: sge
Hi ladies, my BT is scheduled on mon but my menses came full flow today. Can I skip BT then and proceed to collect report?

Hi ladies, my BT is scheduled on mon but my menses came full flow today. Can I skip BT then and proceed to collect report?

Not sure if the guidelines have changed since my time, BT cannot be skipped for IVF. Since you will be collecting your report, no harm asking the nurses before they take your blood.

Prof Tan HH is opening his own clinic at Royal Square Novena, L12. If u want to deliver with him, his nurses can help to arrange with ur choice of hosp.. either Mt E, TMC or (one other pte hosp which I can't rmb).. those who want to make appt at his pte clinic can call 6860 8888.

Any idea what are his charges at the new clinic like?

May i know where is his new clinic?

Royal Square Novena, L12. If u want to deliver with him, his nurses can help to arrange with ur choice of hosp.. either Mt E, TMC or (one other pte hosp which I can't rmb).. those who want to make appt at his pte clinic can call 6860 8888.

Anyone started injections only on 3rd day of AF? My AF started today with light flow. Nurse ask me to call back when heavy flow then injections will be next day of the heavy flow.
Worried that it will start too late since I have low egg reserve :|

If u know ur next day will be heavy, can start to call and inform, they will ask u go dw next day.
Anyone started injections only on 3rd day of AF? My AF started today with light flow. Nurse ask me to call back when heavy flow then injections will be next day of the heavy flow.
Worried that it will start too late since I have low egg reserve :|

If u know ur next day will be heavy, can start to call and inform, they will ask u go dw next day.

Yesterday when I called, I said menses came and she kept asking is it heavy flow. I said no then she say heavy then call back...

I called just now and told them yesterday menses started with light flow and this morning heavy. Nurse still said come tomorrow and will call me back to tell me what time to come tomorrow after she check my case.

Guess they know what's best... maybe I think too much? :(

Yesterday when I called, I said menses came and she kept asking is it heavy flow. I said no then she say heavy then call back...

I called just now and told them yesterday menses started with light flow and this morning heavy. Nurse still said come tomorrow and will call me back to tell me what time to come tomorrow after she check my case.

Guess they know what's best... maybe I think too much? :(
If u go in tomorrow, likely the time is btw 7.30-9.30am

Nurse called me back! Melodygalgal you are right. She asked me to go tomorrow morning. Btw, I asked to confirm if the injections are morning or night. She said mine is morning first. Next week then add the night one. So timing does matter :)

Nurse called me back! Melodygalgal you are right. She asked me to go tomorrow morning. Btw, I asked to confirm if the injections are morning or night. She said mine is morning first. Next week then add the night one. So timing does matter :)
That time my injection all morning, till follicles ready 36hr b4 ER, then night, that timing is impt as must exact 36hr b4 ET.

That time my injection all morning, till follicles ready 36hr b4 ER, then night, that timing is impt as must exact 36hr b4 ET.
Icic. Hopefully everything goes well for all of us! So nervous! When was your ER done? 14 days after your menses start or after injection start? I wanna estimate when my husband should take leave.

I start inj
Icic. Hopefully everything goes well for all of us! So nervous! When was your ER done? 14 days after your menses start or after injection start? I wanna estimate when my husband should take leave.
i start inject on 30 Aug, ER on 14 sep(hospital leave start on ER day n hubby nerd come). Depend on how fast ur follicles grow, each ppl diff. How old r u this yr?

Dr Tan JS from ivf bridge told me stim shots are usually for 10 to 12 days. But of cos it depends on how ur follicles respond.
Im 35. Amh 1.29. Abt same as you. My fsh was 6ish. And my stims was for 11days.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr Tan JS from ivf bridge told me stim shots are usually for 10 to 12 days. But of cos it depends on how ur follicles respond.
Im 35. Amh 1.29. Abt same as you. My fsh was 6ish. And my stims was for 11days.

Hope this is helpful.
Yes thanks for the info. Nurse said I'm starting with suppressant injections first.

Oh i see. Is that long protocol? That im not familiar with. Which clinic or hospital are you with?
I'm with sgh. I'm not sure. I just think they will see what treatment suits you best and apply accordingly. They study each case before deciding what kind of injections and for how long. They should know best :)

I'm with sgh. I'm not sure. I just think they will see what treatment suits you best and apply accordingly. They study each case before deciding what kind of injections and for how long. They should know best :)
Yes. Just have faith. As it is there are enough things for us to worry about already. Im so numb, Im just embracing the chance i have with ivf. I will jab whatever they ask me to jab lol. Best of luck!

Hi everyone this is my first time doing ivf my ER date will be coming this Monday. Timing will cfm by tomorrow. I'm 39 years old this year hopefully everything go smoothly. Is that anything I need to take note feeling worry.
Best of luck to all here.

Hi everyone this is my first time doing ivf my ER date will be coming this Monday. Timing will cfm by tomorrow. I'm 39 years old this year hopefully everything go smoothly. Is that anything I need to take note feeling worry.
Best of luck to all here.

Because you will be put under during the ER, so when you wake up, the doc and nurses will be gone and you will be alone until they come back to check on you. That period between being awake until someone come to check on you, you will be very very anxious to know number of eggs retrieved. I have seen someone said that the doc wrote the number on her palm so the moment she woke up she knew str away the outcome. You might wanna ask your doctor for this small favour.

Also the bloating after ER could be quite serious, loose and comfy clothings will be helpful.

Do remember to check with them at what intervals and time of day the embryologist will call to notify you of the progress of the eggs/embryos. The anxiety for the next 5 days will be tough, so knowing the timing of the calls will definitely help with the emotions.

Apart from the above, enjoy the sleep.
Good luck

Because you will be put under during the ER, so when you wake up, the doc and nurses will be gone and you will be alone until they come back to check on you. That period between being awake until someone come to check on you, you will be very very anxious to know number of eggs retrieved. I have seen someone said that the doc wrote the number on her palm so the moment she woke up she knew str away the outcome. You might wanna ask your doctor for this small favour.

Also the bloating after ER could be quite serious, loose and comfy clothings will be helpful.

Do remember to check with them at what intervals and time of day the embryologist will call to notify you of the progress of the eggs/embryos. The anxiety for the next 5 days will be tough, so knowing the timing of the calls will definitely help with the emotions.

Apart from the above, enjoy the sleep.
Good luck
Thanks for the info appreciate

Hi everyone, it's my 10 days post 5day transfer, i can notice traces of blood in my urine past 2 days, is it normal to have that?? Did anyone experience it before??& still your results were positive, pls let me knw.

Hi everyone, it's my 10 days post 5day transfer, i can notice traces of blood in my urine past 2 days, is it normal to have that?? Did anyone experience it before??& still your results were positive, pls let me knw.
My first fresh ivf i did experience spottibg and remember heading to kkh for a bt and a shot. Results were positive

Back