IVF 2019

Prof Tan HH is opening his own clinic at Royal Square Novena, L12. If u want to deliver with him, his nurses can help to arrange with ur choice of hosp.. either Mt E, TMC or (one other pte hosp which I can't rmb).. those who want to make appt at his pte clinic can call 6860 8888.

Feeling abit down as I failed one fresh cycle and just failed one frozen cycle. Thinking if I should proceed with the next frozen cycle soon or just not think about it for a while .. some times I really wonder why it is so hard to succeed

Feeling abit down as I failed one fresh cycle and just failed one frozen cycle. Thinking if I should proceed with the next frozen cycle soon or just not think about it for a while .. some times I really wonder why it is so hard to succeed
Sorry that you have not succeed, i would think its better that you take some time to rest physically and mentally, to be more ready for another cycle? I heard going along with TCM or Accupunture may help?

I am eagerly waiting for BT result today, still no updates after so many hours :|

The overall IVF journey was actually quite smooth and no pain at all and i honestly feel that KKIVF staffs are all very good, feel very assured in their hands, altho you hardly see the doc.

Just for those new to the IVF thingy, this is basically how the journey is like and some parts may differ according to each individuals situation though.
1) first consulted Dr Tan Heng Hao in late July and recommend to IVF, so he is supposedly my doc to perform both eggs collection and embryo transfer
2) attended the ivf briefing in late Aug since we planned for a holiday in mid Aug, just nice come back and wait to start the IVF cycle
3) first week of sep, menses came on Sun evening, called KKIVF on Mon afternoon, went for first scan on Tue and started self injection. The nurses gave very clear instruction and teaching, so no worries. Went back to work after that.
4) next scan on following Thur/Fri (thats about 10-11 days of injection to grow my eggs) to see how is the eggs growth. Not big enough, so continue to collect new medicine for injection. Took one day of MC.
5) next scan on 2 days later Sat, now the eggs are in reasonable size. New instructions from the nurse to inject for maturing and releasing the eggs
6) Sun come back (to urgent O&G since they are closed) for blood test. Sun night was my injection to mature the eggs.
7) 2 days later Tue is the eggs retrieval process which the Hospitalization leave starts for 18 days. Unfortunately this whole week Dr THH is out, and Dr Jerry take over instead. All is good, i didnt feel any pain after the procedure. Nurses and docs really try to make u feel relax. This is also the day husband has to provide the fresh sperm specimen. Rest for one day and back to work the next day.
8) 4 days later Fri, did the ET. 12 eggs collected, only 8 matured, so after injecting the sperm into these 8, only 3 got fertilised and in good condition. So 2 are transferred, 1 is being froze. After the ET, i actually went out for lunch before returning home. And i also went back to parents place for dinner and went home again. Oh ya ET was also done by Dr Jerry, i havent seen Dr THH yet!
9) 2 weeks wait start and i go to work as usual. And they still provided u some medication that i find is the hardest part as timing is also impt twice a day 10-12hrs apart. Yup harder to manage than injection since i tend to work a bit late. I didnt feel that i have any symptoms nor any bleeding. However i have been coughing and can feel urine leak, and taking chinese medicine for cough. After 1 week, one fine day i was super tired and feeling nauseas etc. I even start to have fever. Took some health supplement drink and all these subsided and back to normal. Luckily all that happened on a saturday.
10) finally today is the blood test. Cross fingers! Also collected the embryo report today for the full summary of all the eggs condition

Throughout the process, i guess its only the mood swing part, getting emotional or agitated over small things is what i can feel. Either you are strong enough to handle it or has a support group, family and close friends to talk to.
I really feel that KKIVF team is really great, would highly recommend them altho this is just my first IVF experience.

Thanks @Memoriez for your reply! Thought of trying tcm but didn’t go cause think that many ppl also succeed in ivf without tcm. But I guess different bodies are of different “quality”, hence cant really compare.

Anyone has any tcm that can help in fertility issue to recommend? Thanks!

Thanks @Memoriez for your reply! Thought of trying tcm but didn’t go cause think that many ppl also succeed in ivf without tcm. But I guess different bodies are of different “quality”, hence cant really compare.

Anyone has any tcm that can help in fertility issue to recommend? Thanks!
I just book Dr Zuo Yu Min, going tomorrow to do first try, not sure if good anot.

Sorry to hear. I’m also in the same situation as you and it doesn’t get easier. Take a break and take time for yourself. I’m on the 3rd ET TWW now and try not to think as much as the past 2 transfers. Just go out and do stuff that makes me relax and happy - go cinema, walks in the park with my partner etc. Oh this time I added acupuncture and doing a few times before and after the ET. Not sure if it helps and on the plus I like my 3rd TCM doc (didn’t quite trust the first 2 ones assigned to me) - she is very calm and assuring. The Thomson TCM clinic being at Paragon is nice too, I can always grab stuff at the supermarket, browse abit and feel normal. I also make most of my meals with healthy food, fish and try to eat more organic stuff if affordable.

It’s been past 7 days and I feel normal generally. I’m not going to take the home test this time prior coz it could show negative, fake positive or it could be a chemical pregnancy. No point worrying myself until blood test day right?

Just read this blog post and really felt inspired. IVF is a numbers game and average cycles to succeed is 6-9 so don’t give up <3 Keep trying to improve your chances by researching more and live healthy ( I read “It starts with an egg”)

Read this: https://makingbabiesinbrooklyn.com/...cycles-does-it-take-before-you-reach-success/

Hope this helps!

Sorry to hear. I’m also in the same situation as you and it doesn’t get easier. Take a break and take time for yourself. I’m on the 3rd ET TWW now and try not to think as much as the past 2 transfers. Just go out and do stuff that makes me relax and happy - go cinema, walks in the park with my partner etc. Oh this time I added acupuncture and doing a few times before and after the ET. Not sure if it helps and on the plus I like my 3rd TCM doc (didn’t quite trust the first 2 ones assigned to me) - she is very calm and assuring. The Thomson TCM clinic being at Paragon is nice too, I can always grab stuff at the supermarket, browse abit and feel normal. I also make most of my meals with healthy food, fish and try to eat more organic stuff if affordable.

It’s been past 7 days and I feel normal generally. I’m not going to take the home test this time prior coz it could show negative, fake positive or it could be a chemical pregnancy. No point worrying myself until blood test day right?

Just read this blog post and really felt inspired. IVF is a numbers game and average cycles to succeed is 6-9 so don’t give up <3 Keep trying to improve your chances by researching more and live healthy ( I read “It starts with an egg”)

Read this: https://makingbabiesinbrooklyn.com/...cycles-does-it-take-before-you-reach-success/

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply! It is easier when I realize I’m not the only one but I just have a fear that what if I keep failing.

anyway, I went to see Zou Yu Min TCM. Quite knowledgeable. Waiting time is reasonable, went in at the time that we booked. Received packets of powder to drink once my mens start. To start with acupuncture once a week a while, then twice a week.

Hi dear. Its Jessie Phoon. :)
Congratulations on your twin pregnancy!

Jessie Phoon is also my gynae! Can I ask based on what condition did Dr Jessie allow you to put in two embryos? For my case she was very strict about putting one embryo at a time for every cycle.

Congratulations on your twin pregnancy!

Jessie Phoon is also my gynae! Can I ask based on what condition did Dr Jessie allow you to put in two embryos? For my case she was very strict about putting one embryo at a time for every cycle.

She was the one who did my 1st fresh ER and ET. She based on egg quality. She told me can put 2 but not sure if would succeed. All the best to me.

She was the one who did my 1st fresh ER and ET. She based on egg quality. She told me can put 2 but not sure if would succeed. All the best to me.
Are you in 2ww now? Good luck! I'm also on second fresh cycle with Dr Jessie, also in 2ww! She did my ER but ET done by Dr Liu Shu Ling as Dr Jessie was on leave.

Finished my 2ww with no bleeding or any major symptoms.
Had my 1st blood test done last fri, low readings.
Repeat on mon, even lower readings
Repeat on wed, climb up abit but still low and still no bleeding...was trying to be hopeful but i guess its not. Today menses flow started, ultra sad. Next visit will be 1 week later, next wed to do blood test again and review with doc.

Shall say that i failed my first IVF cycle.

Am already planning that next IVF cycle, i will take leave and all, to be more stressfree...

I wasnt bleeding for the 2ww and whole of 3rd week, was really happy about it, but the hcg level is really a clear sign that it isnt good. Not any time higher than 60

Shall i also start visiting TCM dr zou to start conditioning my body?

Finished my 2ww with no bleeding or any major symptoms.
Had my 1st blood test done last fri, low readings.
Repeat on mon, even lower readings
Repeat on wed, climb up abit but still low and still no bleeding...was trying to be hopeful but i guess its not. Today menses flow started, ultra sad. Next visit will be 1 week later, next wed to do blood test again and review with doc.

Shall say that i failed my first IVF cycle.

Am already planning that next IVF cycle, i will take leave and all, to be more stressfree...

I wasnt bleeding for the 2ww and whole of 3rd week, was really happy about it, but the hcg level is really a clear sign that it isnt good. Not any time higher than 60

Shall i also start visiting TCM dr zou to start conditioning my body?

I think you have to decide for yourself if it is necessary. For me, I just trying something different before I try the third time. Hoping that it will help.

For the dr zou clinic, Rather easy to make appointments, waiting time generally reasonable. I was given powder to drink for 5 days to clear my mens. Also have to go for weekly acupuncture. Each acupuncture session last for 40 min where electricity is passed through the needles. Slightly uncomfortable. I Will continue to persist with this ba. Even if it may not help, I hope it will improve my health in general. :)

Hi everyone,

This is my first IVF cycle.
Started Orgalutran on Day 2 of AF
Told to do the jabs from Day 2-5 before going back for a scan.

Is everyone’s IVF protocol different?

Hi everyone,

This is my first IVF cycle.
Started Orgalutran on Day 2 of AF
Told to do the jabs from Day 2-5 before going back for a scan.

Is everyone’s IVF protocol different?
Hi, is the same, then they will start to see how big ur follicles grow and if met the 18mm, they will start on ER follow by ET.

Hi everyone! I’m really new to this and just started my fresh cycle et today! Anyone is with Dr Khong from KKH? He suggested to put 2 grade 4 day 3 embryo. So many terms I’m unfamiliar with like 2ww etc, can anyone share what it means? He’s scheduled my blood test really late, like 17dpt.. isit normal? :)

I am starting my FET. Today I am on my first day of Progynova 6mg. I will have my first ultrasound on day 10. Anyone had similar protocol? Do you know roughly which day will be the embryo transfer? Thanks

Anyone prescribed/used the new ivf injection drug called Rekovelle? Doctor prescribed to me...I know it's new but hope someone here would have some info on this?

Me too! first IVF cycle.. started with Gonal F 300iu on 17 October (Day2 of AF).. Just went for my first scan(D5), there are 16 follicles, between 7mm - 11mm... Dr didn't mention if this is good, but seeing that my dosage is still at 300iu till D9 + Cetrotide from D6-D9.

My guess is she is okay with the results. She did ask me to eat lots of egg whites and high protein diet. Next scan on coming friday. *finger cross*

don’t think we r on the same protocol. I went back for my scan today. There are a few tiny ones like 3-5mm. Was given a jab of Elonva. So for now just rest and will only need to continue with Orgalutran on Day 9-12. Due for scan again on Day 12.
Not sure if my gynae actually understood my case or she's just going for her preferred protocol. When she briefed me on my case, she forgot she did IUi for me prior to this IVF cycle. And the case notes were also not in the file together. :(

The current plan seems to be ER on Day 14 too but depends on follicle growth.

Whatever it is, the first part of this protocol is very comfortable. Unlike when I had to take clomid for my previous iui cycle. I’m a bit concerned that this comfort I’m experiencing is actually bad. I feel the same like everyday. Maybe the injections r not working? I won’t know until next week when I go back for the scan.

Hi everyone! I’m really new to this and just started my fresh cycle et today! Anyone is with Dr Khong from KKH? He suggested to put 2 grade 4 day 3 embryo. So many terms I’m unfamiliar with like 2ww etc, can anyone share what it means? He’s scheduled my blood test really late, like 17dpt.. isit normal? :)
I am from Dr Khong too... Back then on day 2 embryo also insert 2 grade 4... Ended up pregnant...

Hi does anyone know if it’s normal to have slight bleeding/spotting during early pregnancy? I’m waiting to see the doc on the 30/10 to do ultrasound. I did my 2nd IVF cycle n it was successful. On 16/10 my hcg was double up to 300plus n the nurse gave me the progesterone jab due to my bleeding/spotting. And I’m on duphaston 3 times a day. I’ve went to O&G twice with regards to my bleeding/spotting but the doc say it’s normal n it’s too early to do ultrasound as they can’t see anything yet. So right now I’m just waiting for the 30/10 to do ultrasound n see the doc. Does anyone of you experience the same thing as i do?

hi Janessa! Great to hear! Did you get pregnant on your first try and happen to be twins? Hahaha when did you do the transfer?
Helloooooo.... Yah first fresh cycle and I am preggy but not with twins.. I did the transfer like 2nd September.. After which I was transferred to another gynae as he dun do delivery already... Kinda sad...

Helloooooo.... Yah first fresh cycle and I am preggy but not with twins.. I did the transfer like 2nd September.. After which I was transferred to another gynae as he dun do delivery already... Kinda sad...

aww!! Congratulations once again!! And thanks a lot for replying to me! still have 2 weeks to the blood test! I’m sure all the Gynae @ KKH are great!

Me too! first IVF cycle.. started with Gonal F 300iu on 17 October (Day2 of AF).. Just went for my first scan(D5), there are 16 follicles, between 7mm - 11mm... Dr didn't mention if this is good, but seeing that my dosage is still at 300iu till D9 + Cetrotide from D6-D9.

My guess is she is okay with the results. She did ask me to eat lots of egg whites and high protein diet. Next scan on coming friday. *finger cross*

Im going tml for my scan too

My Amh lvl is 1.1ng/ml. Kindof worried I won't have enough eggs to retrieve.
What’s your age?
My health condition is not that good. Slightly overweight and I only started eating more meat again this year to try to get enough protein and also to get my rbc numbers up.

Hi all, anyone experience heatiness and insomnia during the 2ww? I have woke up a few times in the middle of the night feeling warm and find difficulty falling back to sleep. Tired.

really! which day are you at?
tomorrow will be D10 for me.. i am super nervous, scare that the follicles decided not to grow.

been forcing myself to eat 8 egg white, half an avocado and lots of water and fruits, veg and fish... Less carbs and processed food.

Haha i duno hw many Days im at cox i didn calculate im late today n is so crowded haha

really! which day are you at?
tomorrow will be D10 for me.. i am super nervous, scare that the follicles decided not to grow.

been forcing myself to eat 8 egg white, half an avocado and lots of water and fruits, veg and fish... Less carbs and processed food.

I think im same as u day 10 or 11 but jab wise is day 6

D10 for me today, started jabbing on D2 of AF. Just done w my scan.. largest at 22mm smallest at 14mm, counted 17 of them.
Doc say by eyeballing should be 3x follicles, She didnt count all of then.. now waiting for my ER date.

So no fresh cycle for me, she is very concern abt OHSS. FET probably in Dec, she wanted the hormones to be all cleared out..

Going into zen mode for 2 months

Funny lor only my case the stupid china senior nurse die die also dun want to let me start my jab on D3 i only started jab on sun nia

Hihi.. I heard Dr Tan Heng hao has left kkh. I suppose to do in Nov with him. Now he left. Anyone can recommend me which ivf doctor to go for?

Hi Ladies, anyone with Dr Liu Shu Ling at kkh? Any review on her or Dr Jessie Phoon? Understand Dr THH is leaving. I’m thinking of switching either to her or jessie? TIA

Back