IVF 2019

Hi, I m new here. I have a appt this Thur with polyclinic, planning to take referral letter. Thinking if going to KKH, do I need to look specific doc or just go first? Is this going to be a long wait to start the ivf treatment?

Hi, I m new here. I have a appt this Thur with polyclinic, planning to take referral letter. Thinking if going to KKH, do I need to look specific doc or just go first? Is this going to be a long wait to start the ivf treatment?

If u have a specific doc in mind then u can request for the doctor but I think the charges will be different already if u have a specific doc. Currently in kkh, it won't take long to start the ivf treatment but u need to go through sum blood test and also the ivf briefing first before u can start ur treatment. If fast u can actually start within 1 mth depending when ur menses start. Ivf treatment starts on day 2 or day 3 of ur menses.

OK, I took it today at 11.40am and just now 9.40pm,wondering if can fix at that time tomolo?

U mean fixed at the same timing u did today? Yes u can. Its better to do at the same time everyday. Unless u wanna follow the 12 hrs interval one then tml u do at 940pm lo then night 940pm. Like that u won't confused also. If not just stick to the same timing as today. See which one u more comfortable with u did ur ET today?

U mean fixed at the same timing u did today? Yes u can. Its better to do at the same time everyday. Unless u wanna follow the 12 hrs interval one then tml u do at 940pm lo then night 940pm. Like that u won't confused also. If not just stick to the same timing as today. See which one u more comfortable with u did ur ET today?
Ya, did my ET today, when u did yours? cos i start at 11.40am and 9.40pm, not sure is it OK to do at 9.40am Tomorrow.

If u have a specific doc in mind then u can request for the doctor but I think the charges will be different already if u have a specific doc. Currently in kkh, it won't take long to start the ivf treatment but u need to go through sum blood test and also the ivf briefing first before u can start ur treatment. If fast u can actually start within 1 mth depending when ur menses start. Ivf treatment starts on day 2 or day 3 of ur menses.

Thanks lene82, hope I can get a appt soon in my thur appt. I already did all necessary check with a private clinic, but want to consider public bcos of the price

Thanks lene82, hope I can get a appt soon in my thur appt. I already did all necessary check with a private clinic, but want to consider public bcos of the price

Ic. Shd be able to if u already had all the necessary reports with u. Gd luck

I did mine on day 2,doc say 1 is grade 4,another one what blast on day 2??

Haha cos I ask u isit u transfer blastocyst u say yah. So urs is same as me day 2 embryo but its grade 4, mine is grade 3. So u had another 1 left they will fertilise to day 5 to blastocyst. U total have 2 embryo fertilised isit?

Hi, how many egg they put in for u and wat is FET, what you mean by chemical pregnancy? So meaning now u pregnant?

Hi,

FET - Frozen Embryo Transfer

A chemical pregnancy is one that results in very early pregnancy loss, usually in the first few weeks. For me, usually less than week 5 , no matter how much medicine doc gave me to support for the pregnancy, my hcg ( hormone human chorionic gonadotropin) level just would not increase.

Then My 1st cycle - put in 1 embryo , 2nd cycle - 2 embryos, FET - 1 embryo . Mine all of them were Day 3.

Hi,

After reading your msg, wanted to tell u I sincerely know how u feel. Jia you!!!
Me too started TTC about 7 years. Many rounds of medical check n blood withdraw. Laparoscopic surgery was done, nothing found during the check. TCM for 2 years plus. 15 tubes of blood withdraw at one go to check for my recurrent chemical pregnancy that ended with iui/ivf. Done 3 IUIs, at Gleneagles private clinic (1 ended CP). 2 fresh IVF, one at nuh another one ended with CP at KKH . Had my 1st FET at NUH this year during CNY but ended up in CP again. Even though I have go through so many rounds of disappointment, some told me i should be used to it. But I was crying like hell and feeling depressed whenever the cycle end with disappointment.

When I told my mum that we decide to go for 3rd try ivf, my mum was so sarcastic telling me "r u sure u want to try again, if fail you going to be a cry baby again" Her words really hurt me. None of them know how much we have go through it.

Through my 3rd try ivf is coming but I'm really don't have the confident to go through all these, I have been deferring it cos I'm not mentally prepare.

But I'm glad to know this forum with so many great ladies out there to share their experience. So jia you ladies!

Omg I completely feel you too. The only difference is I haven't actually been ttc for nearly as long as you and I'm already an emotional wreck, so I can only imagine how much worse this much be for you.
Like you, I've had issues with my mum. I have failed 2 IUIs and just started my IVF in sept. Turns out I am at risk of OHSS so fresh transfer is put on hold. Just found out today that the earliest FET can only happen in Nov so the plan and timeline keeps shifting further and further away. To add salt to injury, I found out while in the IVF cycle that my mum actually mentioned to my sis before that I can't get pregnant because it's retribution for treating her badly. I think as it is, I'm already naturally a crybaby, with all the hormones jabs it probably just made it even worse.

But I'm glad I chanced upon this forum. I think it led me to prepare myself for what to expect in IVF, like I need to lower my expectations much more so that I don't up too disappointed that I'm crying all the time, and yet remain hopeful that I will one day get pregnant too. The success stories especially makes me hopeful and wish that my dream can come soon too.

Omg I completely feel you too. The only difference is I haven't actually been ttc for nearly as long as you and I'm already an emotional wreck, so I can only imagine how much worse this much be for you.
Like you, I've had issues with my mum. I have failed 2 IUIs and just started my IVF in sept. Turns out I am at risk of OHSS so fresh transfer is put on hold. Just found out today that the earliest FET can only happen in Nov so the plan and timeline keeps shifting further and further away. To add salt to injury, I found out while in the IVF cycle that my mum actually mentioned to my sis before that I can't get pregnant because it's retribution for treating her badly. I think as it is, I'm already naturally a crybaby, with all the hormones jabs it probably just made it even worse.

But I'm glad I chanced upon this forum. I think it led me to prepare myself for what to expect in IVF, like I need to lower my expectations much more so that I don't up too disappointed that I'm crying all the time, and yet remain hopeful that I will one day get pregnant too. The success stories especially makes me hopeful and wish that my dream can come soon too.

Jia you! We r here to support each other!;)

What does this means?

Attachments

• 136325A6-DC23-4842-97D0-3FF0FB5A6208.jpeg
    136325A6-DC23-4842-97D0-3FF0FB5A6208.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 342
I know i can use medisave for IVF. I'm going to have a day surgery soon to remove polyps before I start ivf. can i use medisave for both the day surgery and IVF in the same year... is there a cap? Anyone knows? :)

I know i can use medisave for IVF. I'm going to have a day surgery soon to remove polyps before I start ivf. can i use medisave for both the day surgery and IVF in the same year... is there a cap? Anyone knows? :)

I think IVf is maximum 15K from medisave.

Medisave for ivf is its own category, 15k lifetime cap.
If the polyps op is Medisave claimable, then there shouldn't be any issue with you claiming for both in the same year.

I also had surgery to remove polyp. It is possible to use Medisave for that op, but there seems to be a cap and I couldn’t claim more than 750 bucks for that. So I still had to fork out 1k plus.

I use my rider insurance to cover the amount.. if u got buy insurance can check with them.

Back