1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

IVF 2019

Discussion in 'Year 2019 Mums' started by mariposa, Jan 16, 2019.

1. LIVELOVEJOY

LIVELOVEJOY Member

Hey ladies, failed my fresh cycle last month. This month just ttc normally while waiting for my next consultation.

Today is DPO11, on DPO9 I had light pink spots (but dark enough to see on the tissue) when I wipe after peeing. It just happened that one time. Till now there isn’t any spotting.

Could it be IB? But if its IB, only spot once? Hoping to have some advise or anyone to share your experience.

2. sybm

sybm New Member

Anyone experienced medicated FET? Can share your protocol? :)

3. JanessaLi

JanessaLi New Member

Anyone during eggs retrival and FET the tummy still bloated and cramp? How u guys dealing with?

4. elincai

elincai New Member

Hello everyone I am new here. I start on all the jabs on 8 Aug and ER on 21 Aug.. Can't do fresh ET cause Dr worry tt I have ohss..
    Can I check if anyone of you do ET after the menses come (for me tt will be the Sept cycle) or wait for 1 cycle in between (tt will be the Oct cycle then)..

5. Tracy344

Tracy344 Member

I ER on Apr, ET on May due to ohss

As long as dr said okay, I follow.

6. flubberudder

flubberudder Member

Hello - meds start from day 3. 3 types in total, oral, patch and insert. Scan on day10. Added one more insert (progesterone) and transfer on day 16. Dr did mention usually 2 scans day 10&14 and transfer usually day 19/20 but mine was brought fwd as lining ok and he had to travel.

7. elincai

elincai New Member

Thanks.. Can you share which hospital and Dr are u with?

8. Tracy344

Tracy344 Member

KK with Dr THH

9. LIVELOVEJOY

LIVELOVEJOY Member

Need help.. kkh just called and said my appt with tan hh will have to be postpone till another month. I waited for a month to see him which is coming Monday.. suddenly they called and say postpone another 1 month just like that.. Feel so irresponsible and helpless..

Thinking if I should change doctor? If Tan hh is leaving on 1 nov... im wouldn’t make it on time for the second cycle..... how? Should I change doc? Who should I change to now? ):

10. elincai

elincai New Member

Can I check to drink promegnate juice b4 or after ET?

11. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

Can I check, after we start inject, on day 8 when u all come bk scan, what is the size as doc say must be 18cm then can do ivf? If can't hit, ivf need cancel?? Any advise?

12. sybm

sybm New Member

my cycle was cancelled due to slow responding, so yeah, sometimes need to cancel bcos they don't want to waste time and they don't want us to pay for medicine but not responding.

13. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

But what is ur folicile size?

14. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

When u can try again?

15. astiva

astiva Member

I'm pretty sure I didn't hit 18mm on day 8, but ivf still proceed

16. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

But Wat is ur size? Now I day 8, only 8mm. I scare unable to do. Very stress n worry now. But how ur ivf doing now?

17. sybm

sybm New Member

day 8 is still early thou, maybe dr will give few more days before cancelling, unless you don't respond at all, or too slow responding

18. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

He said mine is growing, that y increase dosage now.

19. astiva

astiva Member

My day 8 was between 7.5 to 10.5 nia leh. See, same. Don’t kan chiong

20. sybm

sybm New Member

okay I think day 8 = 8mm is still small, when I was Day 8, it should already be 12mm more... what is ur dosage?

21. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

Ok, thks for ur encouragement, my heart drop when he said 8.

22. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

Gonal f-175 , orgalutra-0.25 I think.

23. irisy

irisy Member

Hi, Anyone here has the contact number for KKH IVF? I lost it. And the number online is general hotline. Not direct to the IVF center.

24. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

25. Cmf

Cmf Member

Hi Melodygalgal, as long as your follicle is still growing don't worry too much. If i could remember, during my ivf cycle my follicles was growing slow too... So they increase the dosages and drag my stimulation longer period abit so that some of my follicles can meet the standard size n go for retrieval.

26. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

OK, I check with the nurse, she said the jab can go as long to day 16-20. If really not growing, then declare cancel. At least my heart not so heavy now.

27. Cmf

Cmf Member

Don't worry too much, sometimes our mood will also affect the growing too.

28. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

Ok, thks all for the encouragement :)

29. Cotton_candy_dreamz

Cotton_candy_dreamz New Member

Hey babe.
    M facing the same problem as well. They sent me a letter saying that its being posponed to oct 18. I'm not sure if i'm gonna follow him if he is really leaving or just stay put with kk and do with another Dr.. I have 4 more FE in their cryo.
    But I think we shld hear what he have to say.. then decide later. For the mean time.. i just TTC normally 1st..

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  30. Cotton_candy_dreamz

I just pop on panadol, and apply warm compress/waterbag for the cramps. Or just expell gas. :D

31. JanessaLi

JanessaLi New Member

Thanks for the late reply. Hahaha. I did pop on Panadol. Jus dun wanna like become a drug addict. Hahaha. Anyway it's over.. now waiting for the 2ww.

32. LIVELOVEJOY

LIVELOVEJOY Member

I told them I really can’t afford to miss my 2nd fresh under his care.. so the Nurses were really nice enough to get me a slot next wed. My initial appointment was coming Monday. Can’t wait to see him.. you can try to call them if you want to see him earlier

Cotton_candy_dreamz likes this.
  33. Cotton_candy_dreamz

Ok. Jia you jia you! :)

JanessaLi likes this.
  34. Cotton_candy_dreamz

oh! ok! thanks alot for the infor. Will call them up to rearrange my appt. :)

35. Jojoamani

Jojoamani New Member

Hi ladies. Can I just check for ivf Nuh with prof Wong, embryo transfer will be in the morning or afternoon? Will it be possible to have it in the afternoon?

36. Fel79

Fel79 New Member

Any good ivf doctor to recommend for private clinic?I did my first cycle,all eggs didn't manage to survive for 5days and I am 40 now.So sad.

37. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

Hi, like to find out from u gals, when u did ur scan, how many of ur follicles were good to go?

38. crazybrain

crazybrain New Member

What's the usual process for ET at KKH? I read from this thread that KKH doesnt really give any updates on the embryos status until ET day.
    So do they call you on the day itself to ask you to go down for ET?
    is it usually in the morning or afternoon?

I'm doing my ER tomorrow (Friday), so i guess the soonest they will call me in for ET is Mon (day 3) or Wed ( day 5) ?

39. crazybrain

crazybrain New Member

i like Dr Yeong at Virtus. We did our early checks with him when we were embarking on this baby making journey:
    -SA for my hub, AMH, HSG tests etc, but we chose to go with IVF at KKH due to the co-fund subsidies

40. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

Cmf, were u success in ur ivf?

41. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

How many follicles did retrieve from u? We're u successful?

42. Giggle&smile

Giggle&smile New Member

Dear all,

I'm at my TWW. I kept feeling a little crampy since a few days ago.. It's usually quite mild and go away after a while.. But this evening, I felt the cramps a little stronger, feeling a little like menstrual cramp.. It went away but it came back again.. Does anyone know if it is normal to experience some cramps? My weight has also dropped slightly,about 1kg. I'm waiting to do my BT on 16/9.

43. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

I doing my retrieve this sat, very worried my BT will not pass n follicles duno got egg anot. U mean urs not successful? How many follicles they retrive from u?

44. wanbaby234

wanbaby234 Active Member

my embryo transfers with Prof usually in the morning around 10-11am. you can try ask CHR nurse and let them know your preferred timing

45. flighterMum

flighterMum New Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here......I have been trying to conceive more than 10 years and have tried 2x IUI and 3x IVF (Fresh and Frozen Cycle) in KKH which all failed. I almost gave up and feeling very disheartened. In April this year, I went to private dr Roland Chieng and we went through all the test and he said everything is good and he don't see any problem on us (which KKH doctor cannot explain why all the cycles failed). I did my egg retrieved in April and have about 24 eggs but only 4 have turned to Day 5 blastocyst (2 Good grade and 2 above average grade) considered very good. I did my FT in Aug and doctor insisted us to transfer only 1 blastocyst so we followed doctor's instruction. April to August, I also went for TCM acupuncture weekly before FT. First time did my IVF with Dr Roland and I am 6 weeks pregnant now and heard my baby's heartbeat yesterday and was super excited. Finally!!! after 10 years of trying.

So to all ladies, DO NOT GIVE UP and believed in yourself that it will happen!

46. Fel79

Fel79 New Member

Hi can I know what is your age?I heard 40 and above have lower success rate.

47. astiva

astiva Member

Hey, sorry late reply, yes I have 2 frosties waiting to be transferred. In fact, I spilled one of my triggers and still got 2 frosties lol, results can be better. What's ur size at last scan?

48. astiva

astiva Member

Thanks for sharing your motivational story

49. LIVELOVEJOY

LIVELOVEJOY Member

Hello! I just had my consultation this week and will be starting my second fresh at kkh in oct. feeling all pumped up and can’t wait for October to come.. Any of you is also scheduled for October cycle? :)

50. Melodygalgal

Melodygalgal Member

One was 18, another is 19, 3rd one is 14.5