IVF 2019

Hey ladies! Want to check what other test to go for? I’ve already done Pap smear, Hsg, AMH.. I know there’s one test called, fsh.. what other test is good to test for?

Have you tried doing endometrial scratch in your previous ivf cycles? If not, can consider doing it to improve the chances of implantation.

Hi dear, thank you so much for the useful advices. You are a wonderful strong woman! Yes would agree that mental pain is worst. Im not afraid of needles, just worried about the egg retrieval process. Can i check which hospital were you with? KKH or SGH?

Hi
My 1st fresh cycle & FET with NUH
2nd fresh cycle with KKH

Don't worry about the egg retrieval process. Don't think about it, everything's gonna be fine. N by then, u will tell yourself everything u do is worth it;)

Thanks - good news?
I've been put on a series of meds since day3 fet expected ard day 19. So just wondering if it's the norm

Yes, Thanks God. Tested positive on 17DPT3DT. I am sure your Dr will do the best for your case.
Not everyone treat the same... So don't worry too much. Follow their instruction and wait for your positive beta :)

Hello ladies. For those who have done FET, can I check if medication starts before transfer or after?

There are 2 types of Fet: medicated and natural. Medicated u still hv medication to promote the lining thickening. Usually medicated fet for those who have ovulation issues or want controlled cycle cause if ur lining don’t thicken for natural cycle then you cannot do transfer. Both will have medication after transfer during 2ww.

Yes, Thanks God. Tested positive on 17DPT3DT. I am sure your Dr will do the best for your case.
Not everyone treat the same... So don't worry too much. Follow their instruction and wait for your positive beta :)
Hi, how’s ur hcg level? Which doc are u with? Any symptom?

After blood test positive, I found I did not buy the insurance mentioned in the briefing. So I have checked with kk nurse. They said the coverage is the same as medishield. That is why they do not remind me to buy the insurance.

You may ask this insurance question in the briefing if you have not gone through it yet. Otherwise, just ask the nurse. All the best to your ivf in Nov.
Hi, how are u now? When’s ur scan?

Hi, how’s ur hcg level? Which doc are u with? Any symptom?

HCG level that day is around 3,400. With Dr Tan HH @ KKH. No really much symptoms during the 2WW except minor cramps for 2 days and sleepy.

Oh yes and constantly feeling higher body temperature!

Last edited:
Congrats!! I know that feeling. I've been married for 10 years and now on my 9 weeks. Came back from another scan yesterday and found out that i am carrying twins.
Congrats! Did they not see two sac on the first ultrasound? Ok which week u managed to hear baby’s heartbeat?

Wah tats very high level! Are u expecting twins? Have u go for scan yet?

Just 5W. Scheduled is only scheduled next week. Did ask the nurse if this is high but she said normal. My previous round of fresh cycle with beta 1314 still ended up up in M/C. So I am still crossing my finger. Hopefully to get a good result next Friday.

Just 5W. Scheduled is only scheduled next week. Did ask the nurse if this is high but she said normal. My previous round of fresh cycle with beta 1314 still ended up up in M/C. So I am still crossing my finger. Hopefully to get a good result next Friday.

Your result will be good :)

Have you tried doing endometrial scratch in your previous ivf cycles? If not, can consider doing it to improve the chances of implantation.
Nope. I heard of it but haven’t gotten it done yet. When do people do this endo? Just before the ivf cycle starts or?

First preg i was on no pay leave. So every morn wake up nothing to do go experiment with opk and hpt. Yup insert 2 embryos on day 3... Dr Tan also advice insert 1 on day 5 for higher chance of preg.. but at that period of time i heard cases of none embryo survive day 5 so i choose to insert on day 3. Anw waiting for day 3 was alr like forever whatmore day 5. And i choose to insert 2 because i had 4 fertilized eggs. And my sis who went through difficulty conceiving say just insert 2 la.. if one cannot make it got another 1 as back up... skali both jackpot. Very luckily a boy girl twin. It was really unexpected cuz we’ve been trying for 3 years. so now that they are alr 28 mths i think its time to go for #3. Yes they were conceived on first fresh ivf cycle.
Wow! Tats great! I also transferred 2 on day 3. One is of good grade 8cells and another one is 7 cells. However, bt day hcg level is 400+ and went to scan on week 5 only one gs and saw yolk sac but no embryo. Not sure where does another embryo went to? I googled a lot and I’m very afraid of early miscarriage. Any ways to prevent it? My first IVF ended up with chem preg.

Wow! Tats great! I also transferred 2 on day 3. One is of good grade 8cells and another one is 7 cells. However, bt day hcg level is 400+ and went to scan on week 5 only one gs and saw yolk sac but no embryo. Not sure where does another embryo went to? I googled a lot and I’m very afraid of early miscarriage. Any ways to prevent it? My first IVF ended up with chem preg.

Not all embryo put in gets implanted. Those not implanted are likely absorb back by the body which the other implanted embryo continue to grow.

Scanning on W5 is a bit too early and dont worry about the HCG level. Many pregnancy with low beta does progress well at the later stage. In fact, it's a good sign to see the yolk sac instead of empty one.

Hope for the best in the next scan. Mine only see yolk sac on 6W and 7W saw the heart beats. However could be due to chromosome error, the embryo couldn't grow past 8W in the earlier cycle (which no way we could prevent it).

Last edited:
Nope. I heard of it but haven’t gotten it done yet. When do people do this endo? Just before the ivf cycle starts or?

It is usually done before your ivf stim starts. If your menstrual cycle is usually 28 days and you will be on a short protocol, it would be on day 21. Ideally, your af comes as per your normal cycle and you start your ivf stim.

If you will be on a long protocol, I think the clinic will do the scratch for you and start your downregulation. Then wait for your af to arrive and start your ivf stim.

To be honest, I also had failed cycles after getting an endometrial scratch. While there is no study to support its effectiveness, I did all I could to enhance my chances to get pregnant and it was a no-regret move that I made.

I encourage you to discuss with your doctor. Do it if you are comfortable. Otherwise, don't.

Last edited:
Congrats! Did they not see two sac on the first ultrasound? Ok which week u managed to hear baby’s heartbeat?
Hi.. They saw 2 sac during my 5.5 weeks check. 1 is a live fetus with heartbeat and the other sac is empty. Found out during my next scan which is on week 9 and could hear both heartbeat.

Just finished first IVF appointment with dr jerry Chan at kkh, he has arranged for the ivf center to call and make a schedule for ivf next week. So what role will dr jerry chan play during this ivf procedure? Or will there be a doctor taking over the egg extraction and everything?

Just finished first IVF appointment with dr jerry Chan at kkh, he has arranged for the ivf center to call and make a schedule for ivf next week. So what role will dr jerry chan play during this ivf procedure? Or will there be a doctor taking over the egg extraction and everything?

He would be the one doing the oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer unless he is away on leave/conference. I realised when the procedure falls on a Saturday, I tend to get other doctors on duty too. For your progress review (i.e. follicles growth, lining thickness), you will seeing be a team of doctors on duty. If anything, the doctors will consult him.

He would be the one doing the oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer unless he is away on leave/conference. I realised when the procedure falls on a Saturday, I tend to get other doctors on duty too. For your progress review (i.e. follicles growth, lining thickness), you will seeing be a team of doctors on duty. If anything, the doctors will consult him.

Many recommends dr Tan Hh, but his next available appointment is 1 month later, I hope I make the right choice in choosing dr jerry chan. We discussed and he recommend only putting in 1 egg as putting more than 2 will pose risk

Does it mean not bleeding should be ok? I googled online. Some miscarriage do not have bleeding sign

Some of the Silent M/C will not have much spotting during the initial period but when the body learn that the embryo no longer growing .. you will start to see brown spotting.

To me, no spotting or bleeding is still a positive sign. It's like no news is good news to me. :)

Many recommends dr Tan Hh, but his next available appointment is 1 month later, I hope I make the right choice in choosing dr jerry chan. We discussed and he recommend only putting in 1 egg as putting more than 2 will pose risk

Both cycles under Dr Tan HH for me ... both cycle BT tested positive. I guess he do have a pair of lucky hands!

It is usually done before your ivf stim starts. If your menstrual cycle is usually 28 days and you will be on a short protocol, it would be on day 21. Ideally, your af comes as per your normal cycle and you start your ivf stim.

If you will be on a long protocol, I think the clinic will do the scratch for you and start your downregulation. Then wait for your af to arrive and start your ivf stim.

To be honest, I also had failed cycles after getting an endometrial scratch. While there is no study to support its effectiveness, I did all I could to enhance my chances to get pregnant and it was a no-regret move that I made.

I encourage you to discuss with your doctor. Do it if you are comfortable. Otherwise, don't.
just to share, my Dr also recommended doing the scratch. Analysis of the scratch specimen suggested the presence of a benign polyps. And polyps do affect chances of implantation. Not sure if this actually caused the 2 failed iui.

I'm doing my first ET on Friday, so let's see..

just to share, my Dr also recommended doing the scratch. Analysis of the scratch specimen suggested the presence of a benign polyps. And polyps do affect chances of implantation. Not sure if this actually caused the 2 failed iui.

May you have a smooth transfer on Friday.

Hi, I am looking for a Chinese egg donor.

A nurse at a local private IVF clinic hinted that I can actually pay some foreign egg donor agency in Malaysia or Thailand for a donor to come to Singapore, but officially, this must be kept "hush-hush" from the doctor and fertility counselor.

They may actually suspect or secretly know that you are paying the donor, but will overlook and pretend that they don't know anything.

Officially, the egg donor has to donate for free. Both myself and egg donor will have to sign a declaration form that the egg donor has not been paid anything, and that we have received proper counseling.

Hence, if we are the ones telling lies on the declaration form, the doctor and clinic will escape all blame and liability.

Wondering if anyone take this route? Please share your experience.

Please share your thoughts.

Hi I have polyps too. Found it during my fertility check at kkh last year but did not remove it. Just did all the neceasary tests for ivf and waiting for my next consult with doctor in Oct. I'm hoping I do not need to remove the polyps. If need to, would the hospital call me earlier? Was thinking that since it is ivf where they directly put the fertilised egg back to uterus, so does not matter if I have polyps right? Hoping to do ivf in my nov cycle.

Sorry.. I'm a gan jiong person lol!

Hi I have polyps too. Found it during my fertility check at kkh last year but did not remove it. Just did all the neceasary tests for ivf and waiting for my next consult with doctor in Oct. I'm hoping I do not need to remove the polyps. If need to, would the hospital call me earlier? Was thinking that since it is ivf where they directly put the fertilised egg back to uterus, so does not matter if I have polyps right? Hoping to do ivf in my nov cycle.

Sorry.. I'm a gan jiong person lol!
Can't advise when the hospital will call..

Polyps comes and goes and tends to recur. According to my dr, polyps might impact implantation. I trust him and believe he knows best..

Don't think the scratch is common with most ppl doing ivf so maybe worth highlighting and see what your Dr says.. As someone mentioned earlier, do your research, as web claims there is no significant difference.

FWIW - Endometrial scratching is probably the most painful thing thats ever happened to me and like to believe my pain threshold is quite high. so doubt Drs like to do it either.

Polyps comes and goes and tends to recur. According to my dr, polyps might impact implantation. I trust him and believe he knows best..

Don't think the scratch is common with most ppl doing ivf so maybe worth highlighting and see what your Dr says.. As someone mentioned earlier, do your research, as web claims there is no significant difference.

FWIW - Endometrial scratching is probably the most painful thing thats ever happened to me and like to believe my pain threshold is quite high. so doubt Drs like to do it either.

Does polyps really affect implantation?

Does polyps really affect implantation?

I think it depends on the size and the location of the polyps. I have small polyps too. However, my doctor isn't too concern with them and she described the uterus as a 3d space and there is still quite a fair bit of surface area for implantation.

Scratch sounds scary.. don't think I'm gonna do it.

The other time kkh doctor said should not be a problem.. but I'll be doing ivf in sgh... not sure if this doctor will see it as a problem. Btw my polyps is in the cervix canal and not in the uterus. So should not affect implementation I guess..

The other time kkh doctor said should not be a problem.. but I'll be doing ivf in sgh... not sure if this doctor will see it as a problem. Btw my polyps is in the cervix canal and not in the uterus. So should not affect implementation I guess..
Yup. Mine was at the lining, hence it came out with the scratch. Transfer is scheduled on Friday so we will know in 2 weeks what the results are.. FYI - I had 2 failed iui before and no scratch was done then

I did my scratch 1month ago, as i have 2 failed IVF and doctor recomment to do the scope as it might be polyps hinder the implantation, but fortunately theres nothing but i still did ask him to do the scratch! it sounds scary, its just abit painful but after tat i was ok...

Anyway, we just do what we can to increase our chance to conceive, all this pain is nothing once we received our miracle ..

Open up your options. Why shut the door if doing endo scratch may help in boosting up your chances? The pain is just like doing a pap smear that's all. Maybe just a little more painful but the procedure is very fast. Prior to that, you can check if painkillers can be taken. I think some ladies took. I didn't and I am glad I did endo scratch. Let's just say, if you cannot overcome all these, what about the labour process and perhaps having to go thru a c-sec? Sorry for being blunt but don't let fear and what you read get into you. Work towards your goal (i.e. a baby in your arms), not pain and fear. All the best!

Open up your options. Why shut the door if doing endo scratch may help in boosting up your chances? The pain is just like doing a pap smear that's all. Maybe just a little more painful but the procedure is very fast. Prior to that, you can check if painkillers can be taken. I think some ladies took. I didn't and I am glad I did endo scratch. Let's just say, if you cannot overcome all these, what about the labour process and perhaps having to go thru a c-sec? Sorry for being blunt but don't let fear and what you read get into you. Work towards your goal (i.e. a baby in your arms), not pain and fear. All the best!

Haha no worries, I know you are also concerned for me :) maybe I did not explain myself clearly. Was thinking since it seems scary and from what I read, not very useful, I don't think I'll try that unless doctor recommends. :) wish us all the best!

Back