IVF 2019

Hi All, which hospital should I go KKH or NUH? Also which doc? Is there any subsidy for private patient? How much in total for IVF and the waiting time?

NUH is very likely doing thaw cycle instead of fresh cycle. Because after taking medication, your womb lining thickness will affect the implantation n they recommend thaw cycle to have higher success rate. Actually depend on individual on the success rate..

Hi All,

May I know at which point do they inform you when you can start ivf?

We would like to go for Mar cycle however my husband must freeze his sperm first. Since he is travelling, he can only make it for the appointment on 13 Feb. Not sure if we will be able to make it in time for Mar cycle or not.

Is there a number that I can call to enquiry on this?

The IVF cycle is not u decide n choose the date u want!! All depend on your menses n the slot in hospital.

U need to attend the counseling first....

I did share the photo of IVF short protocol in KKH.. go to page one u will see it

I’ve done the blood test to see if i ovulate, done ultrasound, papsmear and the HSG. Husband has done his sperm test too. 25th is my review with doc but husband’s away on reservist :(

I know I shouldn’t be overanalysing the tests since idk the outcome yet, but cannot help it! Kinda prepping myself for the worst

Not to worry. How worst result IVF could help as well. My sperm test result is Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia... n we thought no chance to having baby. But thanks to IVF... my wife will delivery in coming April

Hi I just a D2 transfer at KKH .. wondering will u all know why didn’t KKH do a D3 transfer instead? Because from what I have been reading it’s all D3 or blastocyst transfer so far. Forgot to ask dr just now but just wondering

Hi I just a D2 transfer at KKH .. wondering will u all know why didn’t KKH do a D3 transfer instead? Because from what I have been reading it’s all D3 or blastocyst transfer so far. Forgot to ask dr just now but just wondering

HI, I did D5 transfer last week but the embryos have not reached the blastocyst stage.
I did ask the Dr. She said transfer is done D2, D3 or D5 depends on how the embryos developed. Age is also a consideration when they decide which day to transfer.

HI, I did D5 transfer last week but the embryos have not reached the blastocyst stage.
I did ask the Dr. She said transfer is done D2, D3 or D5 depends on how the embryos developed. Age is also a consideration when they decide which day to transfer.

Good luck to u too.. I am above 35 years old is that why it’s put in earlier? I am thinking is it cos of my egg quality as the drop out rate is quite high. In the end I transferred 2, froze 1 and the other 3 still need to monitor

I just gave birth to a girl. My experience is:
To prepare for the egg collection:
Qoo10 (improve egg quality)
Blackmores conceive well (multivitamin and folic acid)
Home-made black soy milk
Regular exercise

After egg collection, better drink watermelon juice/energy drink.

Hey everyone

Anyone starting IVF cycle in March 2019?

I'm a 29yo female, TTC for 1.5 years. DH is 32.
We have had 1 failed IUI in Jan 2019 and will be proceeding with IVF at KKH for this coming March cycle.
Doctor dubbed us "unexplained subfertility", but she thinks it's most likely because DH has low sperm morphology (Teratospermia).

Our IVF briefing is scheduled for late February.
Anyone on the same boat?
Anyone been through IVF and willing to share tips?
Anyone has tips on how to naturally improve our chances?

Thanks~

Hi All

Was told by my dr in Kkh on wed (30/1/2019) that the sperm bank has been freeze due to gov quality check etc.

And she told me she not sure when reopen. Not sure anyone here face this?

She actually suggest to me to go for adoption... Wonder did anyone here have this issue. (My fertility issue here is male-factor) Should i believe?????

Already complete all my tests since last year sept 2018. Thot my the start of my ivf going to start but seems gonna wait again. My ivf havent even start.... should i go see a pte dr instead?

Last edited:
Hi All

Was told by my dr in Kkh on wed (30/1/2019) that the sperm bank has been freeze due to gov quality check etc.

And she told me she not sure when reopen. Not sure anyone here face this?

She actually suggest to me to go for adoption... Wonder did anyone here have this issue. (My fertility issue here is male-factor) Should i believe?????

Already complete all my tests since last year sept 2018. Thot my the start of my ivf going to start but seems gonna wait again. My ivf havent even start.... should i go see a pte dr instead?

Woah, who is this doctor who told you this?
Were you planning to use a donor sperm for your IVF?

Hey everyone

Anyone starting IVF cycle in March 2019?

I'm a 29yo female, TTC for 1.5 years. DH is 32.
We have had 1 failed IUI in Jan 2019 and will be proceeding with IVF at KKH for this coming March cycle.
Doctor dubbed us "unexplained subfertility", but she thinks it's most likely because DH has low sperm morphology (Teratospermia).

Our IVF briefing is scheduled for late February.
Anyone on the same boat?
Anyone been through IVF and willing to share tips?
Anyone has tips on how to naturally improve our chances?

Thanks~
Hi babe

I will be doing IVF in March as well.
My briefing is scheduled in Mid-Feb!

All the best to you! :)

Hi all.. i started my injection yesterday. I feel so tired and slight cramps and headache. Luckily there is 2 days of holidays that I can make use of to rest. Baby dust to me and to everyone.

Hi all.. i started my injection yesterday. I feel so tired and slight cramps and headache. Luckily there is 2 days of holidays that I can make use of to rest. Baby dust to me and to everyone.

Oooh was it self injection? So exciting!
Can’t wait to start mine wanna fast forward to March already! Lots and lots of baby dust!

Hi, is bed rest for 2 weeks required after IVF?

Depend on individual. If u can really peace your mind do not think then bed rest maybe good for u but if u keep thinking the result maybe find something to do is better.

I think there is no proved that bed rest will help in the outcome... or maybe I’m wrong

I went for my scan this morning. The biggest follicles i had was 19 then 11 and all the small numbers. I was given another shot of 250 Gonal-F and required to come for another scan tomorrow. What if the follicles don't grow? And also i had only few of them. Does it means this cycle will be cancelled? Or will continue adding the shots of Gonal-F until the desired size and quantity is there?

I went for my scan this morning. The biggest follicles i had was 19 then 11 and all the small numbers. I was given another shot of 250 Gonal-F and required to come for another scan tomorrow. What if the follicles don't grow? And also i had only few of them. Does it means this cycle will be cancelled? Or will continue adding the shots of Gonal-F until the desired size and quantity is there?

Not all follicle will have oocyte inside.

U need quality Oocyte instead of quantities, however we always want the quantity in order have higher chances.

I don’t think will continue wait bcos some will be too big. My guess tomorrow they will give u Ovidrel to inject at night for next day oocyte collection.

Not all follicle will have oocyte inside.

U need quality Oocyte instead of quantities, however we always want the quantity in order have higher chances.

I don’t think will continue wait bcos some will be too big. My guess tomorrow they will give u Ovidrel to inject at night for next day oocyte collection.
Hi.. one of my follicles my grows to 20.5 and the rest are all below 15. Does size 20.5 ensure that fertilization will happen? I will be doing ER this Friday. Best of luck to me and baby dust to us all.

Hi.. one of my follicles my grows to 20.5 and the rest are all below 15. Does size 20.5 ensure that fertilization will happen? I will be doing ER this Friday. Best of luck to me and baby dust to us all.

No one can give u 100% assurance that bigger follicle or oocyte have high success rate :( all depend the quality n other causes like sperm quality n etc..

Good luck!!

ExcitedDaddy, you are going to be one amazing and supportive father!!

Thank you so much for the info! I was quite sad actually that I needed to go through IVF but your positivity is making me super excited now!

Hey.. there’s nothing wrong with doing iui or ivf .. just sometimes we need a little bit help and effort from the drs to help us conceive faster? Process is abit tiring.. but endure! :) opt for iui but dr advised that I’ve got too many eggs cancel the procedure immediately and started ivf. Now at 30 weeks .. trust your Doctors they will give u the best advice ...

Hey.. there’s nothing wrong with doing iui or ivf .. just sometimes we need a little bit help and effort from the drs to help us conceive faster? Process is abit tiring.. but endure! :) opt for iui but dr advised that I’ve got too many eggs cancel the procedure immediately and started ivf. Now at 30 weeks .. trust your Doctors they will give u the best advice ...
Which doc are you with?

Which doc are you with?

Morning.
Was advised by Dr Chua Kah Hee to start IVF instead of IUI. Decision was made very fast; on the spot.
advised on no. of eggs (+ procedure) to put inside was Dr Tan Heng Hao.

Even though alot of eggs were collected to "harvest" none was able to kept frozen (which initially i thought there's a possibility as there were alot of eggs of the ideal size) due to the quality, they did not grow fast enough.

Morning.
Was advised by Dr Chua Kah Hee to start IVF instead of IUI. Decision was made very fast; on the spot.
advised on no. of eggs (+ procedure) to put inside was Dr Tan Heng Hao.

Even though alot of eggs were collected to "harvest" none was able to kept frozen (which initially i thought there's a possibility as there were alot of eggs of the ideal size) due to the quality, they did not grow fast enough.
I see! Do you have any symptom during the first week of IVF? Do u bed rest?

Hi all my first time posting here .
I have done icsi/ivf abroad dec 2018 and unfortunately it was a BFN. I want to try again here in Singapore and we both r Sg citizens. I was told because it was a “ male factor” and my embryos were grade B. Anyone can suggest which dr I should consult?

Thank you!! Sometimes I wished that my doctor had just told me to go straight to IVF. I had one failed IUI in December 31st. But everything happens for a reason!

And congratulations for your bubba! I'm going for my IVF Counselling in 2 weeks time and I just want the time to fly by so I can start already with the whole process! :)

All the best for your egg retrieval today!! Am counting down the days to mine. Baby dust, keep us posted! :D <3

Hello all!

Did my first IVF with SGH CARE in Dec2018 but got a BFN.
Super bad cramps came in during the week of pregnancy test and I got the feeling that it will be unsuccessful which was true. Was quite disappointed after the confirmation of BFN =(
Have to fork out and $1.6K after medisave and gov subsidy.
Am going back for Doctor's review in March to find out which can be done better for the second cycle.

Hello all!

Super bad cramps came in during the week of pregnancy test and I got the feeling that it will be unsuccessful which was true. Was quite disappointed after the confirmation of BFN =(
Am going back for Doctor's review in March to find out which can be done better for the second cycle.
Are you both SG couple? Is it because you need more dosage of injections that is why you need to fork out cash after subsidies?

I had my ER today. The 7-8 follicles that was scan during my vaginal ultrasound is all cyst except for 1. They manage to retrieve only 1 egg. It breaks my heart :(
Dr. Jessie came and explained to me after the ER. I pray that this 1 egg is healthy and of good grade.

Are you both SG couple? Is it because you need more dosage of injections that is why you need to fork out cash after subsidies?

I had my ER today. The 7-8 follicles that was scan during my vaginal ultrasound is all cyst except for 1. They manage to retrieve only 1 egg. It breaks my heart :(
Dr. Jessie came and explained to me after the ER. I pray that this 1 egg is healthy and of good grade.

Yup, we are both SG couple.
I guess our injections were costly because from the start of the treatment to ER was more than 14days.

Fingers crossed for egg quality!!!

Hello all!

Sorry to hear that! How’s ur egg quality?

Yup, we are both SG.
I believe my injections were costly because I was given more than

My embroyo made it to day 5 blastocyst and the doctor told me it was a good grade.
So my hopes were increased but it was still BFN.
For second cycle, can use your Husband’s Medisave?

Hey Rykiela, don't lose hope yet! All you need is 1. Sending you lots of baby dust and good vibes! :)
How was the ER like? Were you asleep, sedated or wide awake?
When is your ET?

Hey Rykiela, don't lose hope yet! All you need is 1. Sending you lots of baby dust and good vibes! :)
How was the ER like? Were you asleep, sedated or wide awake?
When is your ET?
Hi Mariposa, thank you for the couraging words. My ET was this morning. I am now on my 2WW. I was so happy that the doctor and embrologist told me that my 1 egg is of a good grade - Grade 4. I was sedated on my ER and was totally asleep. Baby dust to all of us.

Hi Mariposa, thank you for the couraging words. My ET was this morning. I am now on my 2WW. I was so happy that the doctor and embrologist told me that my 1 egg is of a good grade - Grade 4. I was sedated on my ER and was totally asleep. Baby dust to all of us.
Does all the clinics provide 2 Weeks MC? Good luck to you! Is the ER process pain?

Does all the clinics provide 2 Weeks MC? Good luck to you! Is the ER process pain?
Hi Hopefulgirl. Thank you. KKH gave me 20 days of MC. My ER is not pain. I experience slight cramps after. Maybe because they only manage to get 1 egg out of me so I did not feel too much pain.

SGH gave 2 days MC for ER and 14 days HL right after the MC.

For my experience, ER was not painful as you are asleep during the process. Just the needle for anaesthesia. I was feeling just like normal after I woke up from ER.
But felt sick and vomited while on the way home. Was fine again after.

Back