IVF 2019

Can I check, after we start inject, on day 8 when u all come bk scan, what is the size as doc say must be 18cm then can do ivf? If can't hit, ivf need cancel?? Any advise?

Can I check, after we start inject, on day 8 when u all come bk scan, what is the size as doc say must be 18cm then can do ivf? If can't hit, ivf need cancel?? Any advise?

my cycle was cancelled due to slow responding, so yeah, sometimes need to cancel bcos they don't want to waste time and they don't want us to pay for medicine but not responding.

day 8 is still early thou, maybe dr will give few more days before cancelling, unless you don't respond at all, or too slow responding

Hi, Anyone here has the contact number for KKH IVF? I lost it. And the number online is general hotline. Not direct to the IVF center.

Hi Melodygalgal, as long as your follicle is still growing don't worry too much. If i could remember, during my ivf cycle my follicles was growing slow too... So they increase the dosages and drag my stimulation longer period abit so that some of my follicles can meet the standard size n go for retrieval.

Hi Melodygalgal, as long as your follicle is still growing don't worry too much. If i could remember, during my ivf cycle my follicles was growing slow too... So they increase the dosages and drag my stimulation longer period abit so that some of my follicles can meet the standard size n go for retrieval.
OK, I check with the nurse, she said the jab can go as long to day 16-20. If really not growing, then declare cancel. At least my heart not so heavy now.

Need help.. kkh just called and said my appt with tan hh will have to be postpone till another month. I waited for a month to see him which is coming Monday.. suddenly they called and say postpone another 1 month just like that.. Feel so irresponsible and helpless..

Thinking if I should change doctor? If Tan hh is leaving on 1 nov... im wouldn’t make it on time for the second cycle..... how? Should I change doc? Who should I change to now? ):
Hey babe.
M facing the same problem as well. They sent me a letter saying that its being posponed to oct 18. I'm not sure if i'm gonna follow him if he is really leaving or just stay put with kk and do with another Dr.. I have 4 more FE in their cryo.
But I think we shld hear what he have to say.. then decide later. For the mean time.. i just TTC normally 1st..

Last edited:
Hey babe.
M facing the same problem as well. They sent me a letter saying that its being posponed to oct 18. I'm not sure if i'm gonna follow him if he is really leaving or just stay put with kk and do with another Dr.. I have 4 more FE in their cryo.
But I think we shld hear what he have to say.. then decide later. For the mean time.. i just TTC normally 1st..
I told them I really can’t afford to miss my 2nd fresh under his care.. so the Nurses were really nice enough to get me a slot next wed. My initial appointment was coming Monday. Can’t wait to see him.. you can try to call them if you want to see him earlier

I told them I really can’t afford to miss my 2nd fresh under his care.. so the Nurses were really nice enough to get me a slot next wed. My initial appointment was coming Monday. Can’t wait to see him.. you can try to call them if you want to see him earlier
oh! ok! thanks alot for the infor. Will call them up to rearrange my appt. :)

Hi ladies. Can I just check for ivf Nuh with prof Wong, embryo transfer will be in the morning or afternoon? Will it be possible to have it in the afternoon?

Any good ivf doctor to recommend for private clinic?I did my first cycle,all eggs didn't manage to survive for 5days and I am 40 now.So sad.

What's the usual process for ET at KKH? I read from this thread that KKH doesnt really give any updates on the embryos status until ET day.
So do they call you on the day itself to ask you to go down for ET?
is it usually in the morning or afternoon?

I'm doing my ER tomorrow (Friday), so i guess the soonest they will call me in for ET is Mon (day 3) or Wed ( day 5) ?

Any good ivf doctor to recommend for private clinic?I did my first cycle,all eggs didn't manage to survive for 5days and I am 40 now.So sad.

i like Dr Yeong at Virtus. We did our early checks with him when we were embarking on this baby making journey:
-SA for my hub, AMH, HSG tests etc, but we chose to go with IVF at KKH due to the co-fund subsidies

Cmf, were u success in ur ivf?

Dear all,

I'm at my TWW. I kept feeling a little crampy since a few days ago.. It's usually quite mild and go away after a while.. But this evening, I felt the cramps a little stronger, feeling a little like menstrual cramp.. It went away but it came back again.. Does anyone know if it is normal to experience some cramps? My weight has also dropped slightly,about 1kg. I'm waiting to do my BT on 16/9.

Hi ladies. Can I just check for ivf Nuh with prof Wong, embryo transfer will be in the morning or afternoon? Will it be possible to have it in the afternoon?
my embryo transfers with Prof usually in the morning around 10-11am. you can try ask CHR nurse and let them know your preferred timing

Hi everyone,
I'm new here......I have been trying to conceive more than 10 years and have tried 2x IUI and 3x IVF (Fresh and Frozen Cycle) in KKH which all failed. I almost gave up and feeling very disheartened. In April this year, I went to private dr Roland Chieng and we went through all the test and he said everything is good and he don't see any problem on us (which KKH doctor cannot explain why all the cycles failed). I did my egg retrieved in April and have about 24 eggs but only 4 have turned to Day 5 blastocyst (2 Good grade and 2 above average grade) considered very good. I did my FT in Aug and doctor insisted us to transfer only 1 blastocyst so we followed doctor's instruction. April to August, I also went for TCM acupuncture weekly before FT. First time did my IVF with Dr Roland and I am 6 weeks pregnant now and heard my baby's heartbeat yesterday and was super excited. Finally!!! after 10 years of trying.

So to all ladies, DO NOT GIVE UP and believed in yourself that it will happen!

Hi everyone,
I'm new here......I have been trying to conceive more than 10 years and have tried 2x IUI and 3x IVF (Fresh and Frozen Cycle) in KKH which all failed. I almost gave up and feeling very disheartened. In April this year, I went to private dr Roland Chieng and we went through all the test and he said everything is good and he don't see any problem on us (which KKH doctor cannot explain why all the cycles failed). I did my egg retrieved in April and have about 24 eggs but only 4 have turned to Day 5 blastocyst (2 Good grade and 2 above average grade) considered very good. I did my FT in Aug and doctor insisted us to transfer only 1 blastocyst so we followed doctor's instruction. April to August, I also went for TCM acupuncture weekly before FT. First time did my IVF with Dr Roland and I am 6 weeks pregnant now and heard my baby's heartbeat yesterday and was super excited. Finally!!! after 10 years of trying.

Hi can I know what is your age?I heard 40 and above have lower success rate.

I doing my retrieve this sat, very worried my BT will not pass n follicles duno got egg anot. U mean urs not successful? How many follicles they retrive from u?

Hey, sorry late reply, yes I have 2 frosties waiting to be transferred. In fact, I spilled one of my triggers and still got 2 frosties lol, results can be better. What's ur size at last scan?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your motivational story

Hello! I just had my consultation this week and will be starting my second fresh at kkh in oct. feeling all pumped up and can’t wait for October to come.. Any of you is also scheduled for October cycle? :)

Hi all, I still not sure, follicles and egg retrieval is different? Eg:if retrieve 4 follicles, means only 4 eggs??

HI,
My gynae explained that when he did a scan, he is scanning the follicle size. He is unable to determine if each follicle contains an egg. The day before egg retrieval, i had 5 mature follicles. However, he managed to retrieve only 4 eggs.

HI,
My gynae explained that when he did a scan, he is scanning the follicle size. He is unable to determine if each follicle contains an egg. The day before egg retrieval, i had 5 mature follicles. However, he managed to retrieve only 4 eggs.
Means only 4 eggs? So did u success in doing embryo transfer and were you successful?

Hi. Anyone know when is dr THH leaving? I was scheduling my appt and the nurse told me he is leaving soon. But they refused to tell me when. Anyone know his Last day? TiA

Back