IVF 2019 support group

I know how it feel. I have 6 colleagues got preg one after another. Every corner of my office, there was a pregnant lady.

And just a week after my failed ivf cycle, one of my good friend just gave birth. I feel so bad but couldn’t bring myself visiting her :(
Hihi,

I failed my first fresh also and had 1 frozen embryo and of cos I cried a bucket after i received the failed result. I rested for 2 years.. First mentally and 2nd I went to tcm to tiao my body... And prior to my 2nd ivf, I redo the whole cycle and the nurse told me to take 450mg of coq10 to boost my egg quality.. I did and I only had 3 retrieved.. 2 was fertilized and very good quality.. So give yourself time to recover, once ready.. Try again.. =)

Hi friends,

May I know if you gals watch what you eat? Or anything that you will eat more or to avoid? I feel stress at work and not sure if this affects my condition or is it the food that I eat. Thanks for advising!

Hi friends,

May I know if you gals watch what you eat? Or anything that you will eat more or to avoid? I feel stress at work and not sure if this affects my condition or is it the food that I eat. Thanks for advising!

Hi!
Just try to eat balanced diet, with rice, meat/fish and Vege for every meal.. My fren who went thru Ivf before told me her nurse at KKH last time advised drinking chicken essence daily, and hard boiled egg white daily too. I tried to take egg white, but not chicken essence as I don't like the taste. Haha

Hi!
Just try to eat balanced diet, with rice, meat/fish and Vege for every meal.. My fren who went thru Ivf before told me her nurse at KKH last time advised drinking chicken essence daily, and hard boiled egg white daily too. I tried to take egg white, but not chicken essence as I don't like the taste. Haha
Thank you so much!

Hello ladies,

May I know usually at which stage will doctor give hospitalization leave for ivf program? And how many days will doctor give? Due to the nature of my job, I am worried I will be feeling stressed up managing both work and going through the treatment.

Thanks for advising!!

Hello ladies,

May I know usually at which stage will doctor give hospitalization leave for ivf program? And how many days will doctor give? Due to the nature of my job, I am worried I will be feeling stressed up managing both work and going through the treatment.

Thanks for advising!!

My HL started from the day I did egg retrieval and for the next 20 calendar days.

Hello ladies,

Thanks for advising!!
In NUH 20 days from ER day if you intend to do fresh transfer. If going to freeze embryos, then only 5 days from ER day.
In frozen transfer they give you 7 days.

Hi all,
I’m on my first ivf cycle. About 1 week after embryo transfer, i’ve been experiencing spotting. For 4 days, usually after lunch. Is this normal? I’m so worried that my menses will come and it means i failed. My blood test is 2 days later.

i have lunch with 2 colleagues pregnant at the same time for more than 1 year, and they have given birth now and talk about their kids every minutes. very painful. Now I do not join lunch with them.

Yah I stopped going to some friends gatherings too because the conversation is only on kids..

Hi all,
I’m on my first ivf cycle. About 1 week after embryo transfer, i’ve been experiencing spotting. For 4 days, usually after lunch. Is this normal? I’m so worried that my menses will come and it means i failed. My blood test is 2 days later.
It could be implantation bleeding. How’s your BT?

Hi all , I am new here . Will be having my HyFosy scan next week . Went KKH few month back , and see Dr Sheila , a random dr assign to me , cause I register as public patient.
Can any one advise is it better to go ahead with as public patient , or transfer to private patient and see Dr Tan HH , heard that his successful rate is high. Thank you :)

Hi all , I am new here . Will be having my HyFosy scan next week . Went KKH few month back , and see Dr Sheila , a random dr assign to me , cause I register as public patient.
Can any one advise is it better to go ahead with as public patient , or transfer to private patient and see Dr Tan HH , heard that his successful rate is high. Thank you :)

I have been asking around too. Coz there is a huge difference between public and private costs due to the government subsidy. Especially doing the prescreenings.

I have friends who opt for private but most of the time, they are being attended by the nurses for the jabs and scans.

I have one who went public and was assigned a doctor like you. She only chose her gynae after confirmed pregnancy.

I am still on public and was assigned Dr Jessie. Cant remember how she looked like though coz i think I might have seen her only once or twice.

I have been asking around too. Coz there is a huge difference between public and private costs due to the government subsidy. Especially doing the prescreenings.

I have friends who opt for private but most of the time, they are being attended by the nurses for the jabs and scans.

I have one who went public and was assigned a doctor like you. She only chose her gynae after confirmed pregnancy.

I am still on public and was assigned Dr Jessie. Cant remember how she looked like though coz i think I might have seen her only once or twice.

Thank you for the reply :)

Was it Dr Sheila Loh? If yes, then you are lucky that she's assigned to you. :) I did my first IVF with her at Raffles and BFP with my son. I know she's a visting consultant at KKH.

Was it Dr Sheila Loh? If yes, then you are lucky that she's assigned to you. :) I did my first IVF with her at Raffles and BFP with my son. I know she's a visting consultant at KKH.
yes, but heard from the counter is a team a doctor will see me , so I am going to see random Doctors

I'm getting quite worried, my BT is tomorrw morning but i have been having cramps today, u knw those kind tt u have prior to AF

I'm getting quite worried, my BT is tomorrw morning but i have been having cramps today, u knw those kind tt u have prior to AF
Tmr is my ET. And I am starting to feel the same cramps before AF. Going mad.

I think its the worry and stress that is causing all these pseudo symptoms.

Hope all will be fine.

Tmr is my ET. And I am starting to feel the same cramps before AF. Going mad.

I think its the worry and stress that is causing all these pseudo symptoms.

Hope all will be fine.
Ur doing fresh transfer right? You'll be fine, don't worry, the cramps post ER is normal i think. Ur also on meds so ur af shldn't appear before the et date.

excited for u! Just look forward to it. When u see the speck of the blast on the screen it wld give u so much hope!

I've been really just lounging ard, but just a bit anxious with the cramps today. Maybe ur right. ‍♀️

Ur doing fresh transfer right? You'll be fine, don't worry, the cramps post ER is normal i think. Ur also on meds so ur af shldn't appear before the et date.

excited for u! Just look forward to it. When u see the speck of the blast on the screen it wld give u so much hope!

I've been really just lounging ard, but just a bit anxious with the cramps today. Maybe ur right. ‍
Or maybe its growing. That is why you feel crampy.

Good luck!

Gd luck for your BT!!! I’m not even halfway thru my tww and I felt cramps almost everyday. It felt stronger today actually but I’m telling myself it could be the med.

Gd luck for your BT!!! I’m not even halfway thru my tww and I felt cramps almost everyday. It felt stronger today actually but I’m telling myself it could be the med.
I only started feeling this af-like cramps today. Hope the embies (or just one issokayyyy too) make it!

KKH IVF blastocyst grading

Went for ET today.
Was informed 4blast where 1 Grade A and 3 Grade C, remaining 4 in transitioning stage so they will wait out another 2 days.

You know Singaporean being Singaporean, A is good, C is like a fail.

Does anyone know how bad is a C?
Tried asking google but for once, it failed me. Seem to get no absolute answer.

KKH IVF blastocyst grading

Went for ET today.
Was informed 4blast where 1 Grade A and 3 Grade C, remaining 4 in transitioning stage so they will wait out another 2 days.

You know Singaporean being Singaporean, A is good, C is like a fail.

Does anyone know how bad is a C?
Tried asking google but for once, it failed me. Seem to get no absolute answer.

Hello! Was just talking to a friend on this today. Grading can be very subjective. Getting to blastocyst is already a very significant achievement. Doc may suggest that you transfer multiple blastocysts for that transfer. Don't worry :)

Hello! Was just talking to a friend on this today. Grading can be very subjective. Getting to blastocyst is already a very significant achievement. Doc may suggest that you transfer multiple blastocysts for that transfer. Don't worry :)
Nope. My doc suggested 1 for todays transfer.

She said this is my first ever transfer so maybe start with 1. And freeze the rest.

In the end, we decided to go with 1 and pray that God will allow this blast to continue its journey.

Nope. My doc suggested 1 for todays transfer.

She said this is my first ever transfer so maybe start with 1. And freeze the rest.

In the end, we decided to go with 1 and pray that God will allow this blast to continue its journey.
All the best! Enjoy your 2ww.

Thanks. Will be taking 1 week off. And going back to work on the 2nd.

I think I will be more and more jittery as time passes.
Better to get back to work to take my mind off this.
Have a good rest yeah! And dont worry abt the grading, i think once its in just have to hope for the best and enjoy lounging!

Hi! Yeahhh thank God, beta was 1060. =) Scan soon to see if its a singleton or twins hehe
Congrats!! So happy for you..

I'm in Day7 of my 2ww now.. I don't hv any symptoms at all. Can you share your experience for your 2ww? Any symptoms or feeling or changes to your body?

I'm in Day7 of my 2ww now.. I don't hv any symptoms at all. Can you share your experience for your 2ww? Any symptoms or feeling or changes to your body?
Thanks! Well, i tried not to symptom spot cos i didnt want to get my hopes up, it was my husband actually that started noticing that I fell asleep a lot in the first week, but i assumed it was the meds. Mid way there were some twinges at my lower abdomen but I also dismissed it cos I didn't want to read into it. But around 8 or 9 days things got quite different, my boobs were not just sore, but things were larger and darker and i had very visible bluish veins under my skin (ok this i panicked a bit). By day 10 I actually had flu that lasted till, well, now, but didnt take any meds, just vitamin c. But no fever. Ard day 11 or 12? during a morning meal I actually started gagging uncontrollably at the smell of blackpepper noodles. But on the day before my bt i got really worried cos i had AF-like cramps. I was also worried cos I felt like I did not have symptoms (i attributed everything to the meds, and i didnt have any spotting at all, so i thought implantation didn't occur)

I hope this helps!

Good luck for ur bt! And do take the opportunity to wind down during the 2ww! I caught up w K dramas, malay dramas, big bang theory and random documentaries. Hahah.

Last edited:
Thanks! Well, i tried not to symptom spot cos i didnt want to get my hopes up, it was my husband actually that started noticing that I fell asleep a lot in the first week, but i assumed it was the meds. Mid way there were some twinges at my lower abdomen but I also dismissed it cos I didn't want to read into it. But around 8 or 9 days things got quite different, my boobs were not just sore, but things were larger and darker and i had very visible bluish veins under my skin (ok this i panicked a bit). By day 10 I actually had flu that lasted till, well, now, but didnt take any meds, just vitamin c. But no fever. Ard day 11 or 12? during a morning meal I actually started gagging uncontrollably at the smell of blackpepper noodles. But on the day before my bt i got really worried cos i had AF-like cramps. I was also worried cos I felt like I did not have symptoms (i attributed everything to the meds, and i didnt have any spotting at all, so i thought implantation didn't occur)

I hope this helps!

Good luck for ur bt! And do take the opportunity to wind down during the 2ww! I caught up w K dramas, malay dramas, big bang theory and random documentaries. Hahah.

Thanks for the sharing!! Perhaps I should avoid symptoms spot too.. But there is so much conflict internally..

Didn't have flu but Im having sore throat and bad cough, probably is because i caught some rain few days back.. =(

We are 2 ww buddies :)
I have absolutely no symptoms as well and I’m 8dp2dt.

If you want to POAS (pee on a stick), I think you can start as early as 5dp5dt (or the equivalent for a 2dt) for squinter, if you implant on time, but maybe 8dp5dt will give you the clearer idea before your BT. Remember to use a pink dye-based, early response test like First Response or Predictor Early, rather than a blue-dye one like Clearblue. Or you can use a Clearblue digital. Use first morning urine for clearest result.

Back