IVF 2019 support group

Thanks for sharing!

Did you take any supplements at all?

I only take folic acid which can be bought from any Guardian. Dr didn’t give me any supplement besides that.

It’s really depend on individual. Maybe you can check with ur doctor if you need any.

I only take folic acid which can be bought from any Guardian. Dr didn’t give me any supplement besides that.

It’s really depend on individual. Maybe you can check with ur doctor if you need any.
Thanks a lot. My dr didn’t give me anything either. So was just wondering :) started on folic acid again.

Sending you positive vibes for the remainder of your 2ww!

Thanks a lot. My dr didn’t give me anything either. So was just wondering :) started on folic acid again.

Sending you positive vibes for the remainder of your 2ww!

Don’t mention Elal. I feel better after reading all the posts and sharing the experience with you ladies.

Hi,

We will be doing IVF at KKH in April. Just wanted to check if it's okay to take supplements to prepare? Any recommendations?

I currently have Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, but my SO told me to stop taking, afraid that it will interfere in the procedure.

Also planning to do the fertility massage, can suggest when will be best to do the massage? Currently waiting for my next period. Excited but worried at the same time.
Hugs to all trying! Baby dust to all of us!
I was supposed to start ivf in jul18 and mar19 but both times i gt preg naturally in the same mth. For my recent preg, my husband took "acemax" since jan19. And i stopped my tcm entirely frm dr tan siew buoy.. and tadaah, it happened w/o ivf! Jiayous to u!

Same here and I hate it when people get me involved or invite me to their baby shower, birthday or even baby gender announcements.

I know it's bad of me but I just can't feel excited for these mummy to be.

Totally understand what you mean. I try not to attend these events

Hi, just got my negative beta. This is the 2nd failed cycle, I did the first one in Nov 18, also same result. I feel lost don’t know what else to do. I have no frozen embryo left. Any idea how to improve the egg quality?

Hugs. I’ve had multiple failed transfers, and 2 m/c. Doc said it’s likely due to embryo quality.

hi , i have done my jabs and it lasted for 8 days . done er 31/3 total 9 embryo retrieve, 7 fertilised. and all 7 are blastocyst stage den they are in freezer
Congrats! Wishing you all the best. :) When you going to do ET? Your lining okay? Today my day 8 jab. Will going for another scan tmr.

Congrats! Wishing you all the best. :) When you going to do ET? Your lining okay? Today my day 8 jab. Will going for another scan tmr.
thanks babe ! you too jiayou for your jabs . tomorrow will be going for scanning to check on lining . probably will do transfer next mth . see how it goes and if my body is well to do transfer . ☺️

Hi, I am 40 this year. So far have done 2 IVF, both BFN. I have one fibroid 4.35cm, doctor suggest to remove it as it seem pressing my cavity a little bit. Dr told me after removing it, I have to wait for 6 months for my next IVF. Should I remove my fibroid or just go straight to another IVF?

Hi Ladies,
I would like to know if you actually inform your employer that you are undergoing ivf or how do you juggle the frequent hospital visits with work?
Thanks!

Hi Ladies,
I would like to know if you actually inform your employer that you are undergoing ivf or how do you juggle the frequent hospital visits with work?
Thanks!

Yes i did inform my bosses (thru direct Manager to Head of Dept). They allow me to take MC or time off. i will make up by staying back after official hours. i am grateful that they are supportive as i do not have to utilize my annual leave.

Yes i did inform my bosses (thru direct Manager to Head of Dept). They allow me to take MC or time off. i will make up by staying back after official hours. i am grateful that they are supportive as i do not have to utilize my annual leave.
Ooh that’s great and thanks for sharing!
Initially i thought not to but as the process is drawing closwer I’m having second thoughts as i might need to cancel business trips

Hi Ladies,
Thanks!

I am having the same dilemma. I'm not sure if I should inform my employer, but I have already given my manager a heads up that I'll be going through a procedure and will be away for a little while. She's not really probing but she asks me once in awhile if I'm healthy and well.

Will prolly share with her soon.. Think it's only fair, so that we can make arrangements to cover our work etc.

dear all, after 4 failed IVF attempts in KKH, I went to taiwan to give my last shot and was blessed to give birth to a boy girl twins 8 months ago. The fertility hospital is considered the "Authority in fertility" and has superior technique which can achieve success rate up to 80%.
As a patient in their mailing list, I saw that they are having a seminar on 27th.
Just sharing . This is the registration from . https://forms.gle/7fc2re7WEqi2nQ947

Hi anyone doing IVF in 2019 ?
Thought we could form a support group during this scary time!

Hello all, i am new to Singapore and hope to do IVF Treatment. i had 2 failed IVF in Taiwan.

I would like to go to private hospital, as I m at 40, time is important.

May i join the support group too? as I m new to Singapore would like to know more info. on the IVF here.

Hi there,
I may go for IUI or IVF this year. Can I know how long it'll take to do all the tests before the actual procedure?
And can anyone share if they experience feelings of insecurity or jealousy whenever they see couples being pregnant or with kids? I find myself binging whenever I see these and I don't think its good for my physical and emotional health.

i have lunch with 2 colleagues pregnant at the same time for more than 1 year, and they have given birth now and talk about their kids every minutes. very painful. Now I do not join lunch with them.

Hi ladies :)

I just did my very first IVF in Mar with Dr Loh at Thomson after ttc for about 2 yrs plus.
Just want to share my experience to you all who first time trying ivf, I am sure u r terrified, worry and not sure what to expect just like I did.

I started jabing on 1st day of mens since it was full flow. First 4 days, I only had a single jab each night. The following 6 days, I got double jab each night. By the time trigger for egg retrieval, I only have about 14 eggs. The jab is not painful at all. Or perhaps I am lucky to have a fat tummy and no side effects, just slight bloatness like having mens :p.

I was extremely nervous for the egg retrieval. But don’t worry, u won’t know anything once u get in ot. The moment when u wake up, u find urself in the resting bed. The whole process only takes about 10-15 mins. While waiting for me to recover, my husband went to collect his sperm. I had very bad cramp and bloated for 2 days, couldn’t walk straight at times. My condition was better by 3rd day and ready for the ET. Drink ginger tea with dry longan! It helps the bloatness and calm ur stomach.

Total I retrieved 21 eggs, only 10 matured and 6 eggs get to fertilised. But in the end, only 4 embryos survived. So I transfered 2 and frozen 2 embryos. I did embryo transfer (ET) on day 2 and now waiting for preg blood test next week. My husband got the chance to went in ot with me for the ET to see the embryos and observe whole 5-10 mins process. It was painless. So don’t worry ladies ;)

I feel like riding rollercoaster with my emotion through the whole process. But to me, the worst part is 2ww which is I am in now. Trying to manage my expectation and anxiety until the blood test result is out :(

The cost of the whole process is about $16k which includes $6k for all the medicine n consultations, $5k for egg retrieval and $5k for ET. Unlike public hospitals, u can get up to 75% subsidy, we only can claim from our Medisave $6k. :confused:

it's quite strange to have embryos transferred on day 2. Btw, how are u dear?

I am not sure why too. Just have to follow doctor instructions.

It was a fail cycle. Really sad and disappointing :(

I know how you feel. Did my own test today and it was negative. This is my first time and I have left one frozen cause my other embryos couldn’t make it.

I find this so hard and kept crying alot. I just it will take time for us to feel better and try again. Just don’t give up babe. I am sure we will have our chance soon.

I know how you feel. Did my own test today and it was negative. This is my first time and I have left one frozen cause my other embryos couldn’t make it.

I find this so hard and kept crying alot. I just it will take time for us to feel better and try again. Just don’t give up babe. I am sure we will have our chance soon.

I left with 2 frozen embryos but not sure want to do again. Feel like gambling with my luck. and I am still trying to recover mentally and emotionally. My heart shattered when my mens came the day before the blood test day. I also cried a lot for a week, couldn’t sleep at all. I thought I would gone crazy. :( now sometimes I just can’t hold my emotion when seeing baby or kids.

Not sure if u r Buddhist, u may want to visit Guan Im or Zhu Sheng Niang Niang to pour ur heart out and wish for blessing.

i have lunch with 2 colleagues pregnant at the same time for more than 1 year, and they have given birth now and talk about their kids every minutes. very painful. Now I do not join lunch with them.

I know how it feel. I have 6 colleagues got preg one after another. Every corner of my office, there was a pregnant lady.

And just a week after my failed ivf cycle, one of my good friend just gave birth. I feel so bad but couldn’t bring myself visiting her :(

I am not sure why too. Just have to follow doctor instructions.

It was a fail cycle. Really sad and disappointing :(

I’m so sorry, I also went through a failed fresh cycle before. There are no words that will make this right and it’s ok to cry buckets. Give yourself some time to recover.

Have u considered changing doctor? I had dr sadhana from KKH, and had 5 day blastocyst transfer. 5 days blastocyst have higher success rate.

I know how it feel. I have 6 colleagues got preg one after another. Every corner of my office, there was a pregnant lady.

And just a week after my failed ivf cycle, one of my good friend just gave birth. I feel so bad but couldn’t bring myself visiting her :(

Hugs my dear. i can understand how you feel. Similarly, my good friend was celebrating 100-day of her baby girl and i failed my fresh IVF a week before. i couldn't bring myself to attend the baby shower.
It took me a few weeks to accept and move on. We can only look ahead.

I’m so sorry, I also went through a failed fresh cycle before. There are no words that will make this right and it’s ok to cry buckets. Give yourself some time to recover.

Have u considered changing doctor? I had dr sadhana from KKH, and had 5 day blastocyst transfer. 5 days blastocyst have higher success rate.

I really admire people who went through multiple ivf cycles for their courage and hope. It’s like picking up the pieces of your heart every single time, fix it and let it shatter over again. It would take some time for me to get over it. And I doubt I can change doctor for now coz I still have frozen embryos left.

I really admire people who went through multiple ivf cycles for their courage and hope. It’s like picking up the pieces of your heart every single time, fix it and let it shatter over again. It would take some time for me to get over it. And I doubt I can change doctor for now coz I still have frozen embryos left.

u might want to ask the doctor why is the trf done at day 2. Day 2 the embryos are not even fertilized yet. Day 5 at least u can know what grades ur embryos are.

u might want to ask the doctor why is the trf done at day 2. Day 2 the embryos are not even fertilized yet. Day 5 at least u can know what grades ur embryos are.
My 2 failed ivf cycles both transfer on day 2 with 2embryos. My first cycle only 2 was fertilised out of 22 eggs retrieved, that 2 embryos is not even good quality doctor just said to go ahead to take the chance as some get pregnant with those embryos. Then on my 2nd ivf 4 eggs fertilised out of 9 eggs retrieved. 2 embryos put back on me on day 2 again 1 not so good and the other 1 they called it good embryo. So we are hopeful for this cycle and did all the accupuncture before and after the transfer, was taking fh pro (fairhaven) prior to that cycle as well. And the other 2 eggs fertilised did not make it . We dont have any frozen embryos.

We are going for our third round ivf in july after 3months of failed cycle. Hoping this time round will be a success! So tired of hearing a negative result.

Day 2 embryos are fertilised already. It is true that day 5 blastocyst has a higher chance of success.

I did my ET at Day 2. Reason is because I only had 2 fertilised embryos left and doc informed that there is no point to wait until day 5 because there is no “best embryo” to select on day 5. There is grading for day 2 embryo. Mine were both grade 4.

Very luckily and blessed, I had a bfp on Monday and going for my scan next week.

Day 2 embryos are fertilised already. It is true that day 5 blastocyst has a higher chance of success.

I did my ET at Day 2. Reason is because I only had 2 fertilised embryos left and doc informed that there is no point to wait until day 5 because there is no “best embryo” to select on day 5. There is grading for day 2 embryo. Mine were both grade 4.

Very luckily and blessed, I had a bfp on Monday and going for my scan next week.

congrats and have a happy & healthy 9 months!

Congrats girl! You r so luck!

My both embryos were grade 1 but still fail.

6 colleagues! really not easy for you!

totally understand. same situation. i failed IVF twice during these two colleagues pregnant - giving birth.

unless you change job, its stressful if you need to see them everyday

Dear members,

I am new to this forum. I am currently seeing KKH for my endometriosis and will be going for IVF. I am sharing the same sentiment that I am seeing many colleagues getting pregnant one after another in office and what makes it even more awkward is that people tend to ask you ‘why you still don’t want to have kids.’

Dear members,

I am new to this forum. I am currently seeing KKH for my endometriosis and will be going for IVF. I am sharing the same sentiment that I am seeing many colleagues getting pregnant one after another in office and what makes it even more awkward is that people tend to ask you ‘why you still don’t want to have kids.’

Hi I am new here too and can totally relate to your situation. I have done surgery for endo before and colleagues were all v curious about what surgery, why it happen and asked me if it is linked to fertility.

It made things v awkward for me because I was not willing to share such intimate details.

They also gave what I felt was unsolicited advice like do you need TCM contact, do you want to ask your gynae more if it impacts on your fertility and if I will consider adoption.... all without me saying anything and they rattled on....

I felt like I was like a story to them

Hi I am new here too and can totally relate to your situation. I have done surgery for endo before and colleagues were all v curious about what surgery, why it happen and asked me if it is linked to fertility.

It made things v awkward for me because I was not willing to share such intimate details.

They also gave what I felt was unsolicited advice like do you need TCM contact, do you want to ask your gynae more if it impacts on your fertility and if I will consider adoption.... all without me saying anything and they rattled on....

I felt like I was like a story to them

Hi Twinklestarry,

Totally understand what you meant! Can anyone advise how did you inform your manager or boss when you need to go for surgery but without having to go too much into details? People being curious in nature will be asking a lot when they find out you need to go for surgery for whatever reason.

Hi Twinklestarry,

Totally understand what you meant! Can anyone advise how did you inform your manager or boss when you need to go for surgery but without having to go too much into details? People being curious in nature will be asking a lot when they find out you need to go for surgery for whatever reason.

I told my male boss I was going for a surgery to remove a growth inside me that’s it, without saying more. He was v respectful and didn’t probe further too. But female colleagues get v curious after hearing about hospitalisation leave and try to probe more... especially once when they hear it’s cyst and is gynae related issue.

Cheer up, i can understand, it is really not easy since for months we will be seeing the pregnant colleagues around and there will be so many pregnancy related chats in the office... I also pray at Guan Yin to let out my feelings too. It is a little hard for hubbies to understand our feelings as they are more ‘logical’.

I personally experienced my Sister, Sister in law and V good Friend getting pregnant in the same year and within the same 2 months of delivery. With my in laws side I did feel v left out as my in laws will only ask and focus on what my SIL wants to eat during family dinners.... :...(

U can do it too. Time heals. Giving up need more courage. If financially u can do it don’t give up yet. Not everyone succeed on their first try. N the reason some dr prefer day 2 is because they feel embryos have a better chance in your womb because it’s the most natural environment. If u want day 5 u can discuss with him. Dr Loh is open to discussion. He believe to put in earlier than later but If u have many embryos he will suggest day 5.

Hi Ladies..

I did my oocyte retrieval in Jan 19 and because of polyps.. I had to rest for 2 mths and do a FET.. did mine and I just did a blood test on 13dpt and it is positive.. Finally good news for me after my failed fresh 2 yrs ago... Hope my pregnancy can be stable...

Hi Ladies..

I did my oocyte retrieval in Jan 19 and because of polyps.. I had to rest for 2 mths and do a FET.. did mine and I just did a blood test on 13dpt and it is positive.. Finally good news for me after my failed fresh 2 yrs ago... Hope my pregnancy can be stable...
Congrats!!

I am supposed to start my cycle in April, but my period did not come. Doc had given me medicine to induce my period, it's now the 3rd day after I finished the 7-day prescription. I was told my period would come in 1-2 days, but still nothing. I'm just waiting, not knowing what to do next. I've been getting sharp pains on my right side and a lot of discomfort that is not similar to pre-menstrual cramps. I'm worried, anybody experienced this before?

I'll call KKH tomorrow to check too.

Hi all! New to the forum.. Am starting my treatment at SGH CARE tmr.. Under antagonist regime.. Not sure how to describe my feelings now... Excited yet a little worried..

Hi all, new to the forum. AF this morning so yet another month. so IVF is next. Can share which Doc and clinic is good? What to expect and prepare?

I am supposed to start my cycle in April, but my period did not come. Doc had given me medicine to induce my period, it's now the 3rd day after I finished the 7-day prescription. I was told my period would come in 1-2 days, but still nothing. I'm just waiting, not knowing what to do next. I've been getting sharp pains on my right side and a lot of discomfort that is not similar to pre-menstrual cramps. I'm worried, anybody experienced this before?

I'll call KKH tomorrow to check too.

Hmm.. Prior to my embryo transfer, I was supposed to wait for my mensus to come too.. But late by 3 days, kept having spotting.. End up I went to eat 1 slice of pineapple and next day period comes.. Maybe u wanna try?

Back