IVF 2019 support group

Anyone here is at high risk of ohss which led to FET?
Me..i had like 20 eggs for both my retrievals. (Did 2 cycles in KKIVF )
For 1st cycle.. we wanted to do fresh but i was in alottttt of pain due to high risk of OHSS.
Was super bloated that i cudnt even stand straight for afew days.
So we had to do frozen. After all those fertilised , blast , thaw etc..i only had 1 egg left. BFN.

For 2nd cycle..since i don hv any frozen left from cycle 1, had to redo all those stims n jabs fro retrieval..had abt 20 eggs too... i took the lucrin jab this time round b4 the retrieval... (Dr mentioned with this jab means we hv to do frozen. no fresh) and it prevent all those cramps and bloat. unfortunately even with 2 eggs transferred its BFN.

Hello, did my first IVF during end Dec 2018.
When to Thomson Chinese Medicine for acupuncture without chinese medicine during the process.
But failed on first try, had very very bad cramps during the week of the pregnancy test and was admitted to the hospital for a night.
Will try for a second time after Doc's review on the first cycle.

I'm seeing Dr Yu at SGH CARE.
Hi can I know how old are u?

How are u guys doing? I'm currently waiting for beta test, and it's so nerve wrecking! Done in KKH btw. I and DH has been TTCing for 3.2 years, due to male factors. First IVF was a failure, currently doing frozen transfer.

I did HPT and turns out positive. Called KK IVF and they said better to come on the appointed date to avoid taking blood twice again as it's around $50 each time.
Hi, We have been ttc for some time as well and recently found out the issue is due to male factors. TESA failed and next step is MESA.
Did your DH undergo TESA or MESA?

I have appt with dr Loh sf from Thomson. Hoping to do IVF the next cycle. I’ve PCOS as well.. anyone similar situation as me? Done two failed iui already

How are u guys doing? I'm currently waiting for beta test, and it's so nerve wrecking! Done in KKH btw. I and DH has been TTCing for 3.2 years, due to male factors. First IVF was a failure, currently doing frozen transfer.

I did HPT and turns out positive. Called KK IVF and they said better to come on the appointed date to avoid taking blood twice again as it's around $50 each time.

Congrats! Just did my day 5-embryo transfer today at NUH. Will only be doing blood test on 25th march which is after my HL.

Can I ask if the blood test can be done earlier? Is it 14 days after Oocyte retrieval or after embryo transfer? Was thinking if can shift my test date 3 days earlier so that it falls within my hospitalisation leave, instead of requesting another time off from work

Hello! New member reporting in. We have decided to seek IVF due to male factor issues. Our IVF cycle is scheduled for Apr 2019 at KKH, subsidised. Thanks to this thread, I have learnt more about IVF than from KKH :rolleyes:

:):):)

I am already on very low carb diet (ketogenic), will be focusing on upping my protein intake and hopefully no OHSS!

Hello! New member reporting in. We have decided to seek IVF due to male factor issues. Our IVF cycle is scheduled for Apr 2019 at KKH, subsidised. Thanks to this thread, I have learnt more about IVF than from KKH :rolleyes:

:):):)

I am already on very low carb diet (ketogenic), will be focusing on upping my protein intake and hopefully no OHSS!

Hello PCLC,

I'm waiting for first appointment at KKH in April, referred from polyclinic... How long did it take for you to reach IVF stage?

Hello PCLC,

I'm waiting for first appointment at KKH in April, referred from polyclinic... How long did it take for you to reach IVF stage?

Hi astiva,

We went for our first appointment in Aug 18, and hubby and I went for semen analysis and HySoFy in Sep 18 to check for abnormalities. We then went for a follow up consultation in Oct 18. The doctor prescribed some supplements for hubby, with a follow up semen analysis in end-Dec and consultation in early Jan 19. The 2nd sperm analysis was also not favourable, so the doctor recommended either for hubby to go for another semen analysis after 3 months of medication, or IVF straightaway. We were mentally prepared to go for IVF already so we said we will just do IVF. Then, the queue was up to Apr 19. Therefore, what we did was to schedule semen freezing in Mar 19, and a 2-month course of Letrozole. There were 2 semen freezing sessions scheduled in case the 1st sample was not good enough.

After the 1st semen freezing session, the nurse confirmed that the semen sample was sufficient to proceed with IVF and we scheduled counselling and confirmed IVF for Apr 19 (they tried to push me to May but I fought them saying that they promised me Apr - before the 1st semen freezing session, the IVF clinic refused to book me in for counselling and assured me that I can definitely make it for the Apr IVF slot).

So where I am now is that I will go for counselling next week. :) Hope this helps.

Congrats! Just did my day 5-embryo transfer today at NUH. Will only be doing blood test on 25th march which is after my HL.

Hi Minzzy, I just did my day-3 embryo Transfer with NUH on 12/Mar, 2 days earlier than you. My BT is on 25th mar as well :)

Which Dr are you with? Really hope that we can get good news on 25th March..
Im under subsidised so no fixed dr. This is my second FET under dr shakina. What about you?

Do you have any symptoms thus far?
I have not experienced anything yet since the transfer.. As much as I want to keep my hopes high and be positive..

Im under subsidised so no fixed dr. This is my second FET under dr shakina. What about you?

Do you have any symptoms thus far?
I have not experienced anything yet since the transfer.. As much as I want to keep my hopes high and be positive..

I see. I have no obvious symptoms so far as well. Trying to rest my mind but feeling anxious though. Fingers crossed.

Hi,

We will be doing IVF at KKH in April. Just wanted to check if it's okay to take supplements to prepare? Any recommendations?

I currently have Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, but my SO told me to stop taking, afraid that it will interfere in the procedure.

Also planning to do the fertility massage, can suggest when will be best to do the massage? Currently waiting for my next period. Excited but worried at the same time.
Hugs to all trying! Baby dust to all of us!

Hi,

We will be doing IVF at KKH in April. Just wanted to check if it's okay to take supplements to prepare? Any recommendations?

I currently have Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, but my SO told me to stop taking, afraid that it will interfere in the procedure.

Also planning to do the fertility massage, can suggest when will be best to do the massage? Currently waiting for my next period. Excited but worried at the same time.
I think fertility supplements is fine as it contains folic acid and other minerals which is good for body preparing to conceive. Sorry what does So stand for?

I have no experience with massage but I did go for weekly to 2x/week acupunctures to prepare for ivf.

Hello, the ketogenic or a very low carb diet is recommended for fertility.

https://www.cnyfertility.com/about-us/fertile-food/

I am currently on the ketogenic diet. Do ensure that you are taking in unprocessed and not processed food.

To start off, cut out all sources of white carbs (rice, potatoes, wheat) from your diet. A moderately or liberal low carb diet is better than our typical carb-heavy diet, even if you don't go strict or super low carb.

@Minzzy SO = significant other. Hehe.

@Belle1605 on the contrary, you should be taking supplements before you start IVF. Esp folate and coq10. Blackmore conceive well is a good starter. Not only would I say don’t stop, but I would even recommend add-ons :x

Also taking the diet @PCLC mentioned. So hard to find food like this outside!! You can also follow Mediterranean diet, it is also recommended and somewhat similar in which you avoid all white processed starch.

Research: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/nutrition/healthy-mediterranean-diet/

Sample diet plan: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mediterranean-diet-meal-plan#sample-menu

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, did my SO-IUI for the first cycle but it was unsuccessful. Now waiting to start for IVF procedure went for the briefing on Feb and now need to wait till April for the procedure

Feeling so nervous and worried at the same time....

Thanks @PCLC and @astiva for the recommendations! I particularly love the idea of the Mediterranean diet, will try that out for now.

Also @Minzzy do you mind sharing where you get the acupuncture done?

@Minis I'm doing mine in April too! I know exactly how you feel. I think about it everyday. Sometimes I think about what if it doesn't happen, will I feel ok? And sometimes I feel excited to finally be preparing for a baby.

Thanks @PCLC and @astiva for the recommendations! I particularly love the idea of the Mediterranean diet, will try that out for now.

@Minis I'm doing mine in April too! I know exactly how you feel. I think about it everyday. Sometimes I think about what if it doesn't happen, will I feel ok? And sometimes I feel excited to finally be preparing for a baby.

TCM Dr Zou Yu min @ Ang Mo Kio x1 acupuncture weekly for preparation, plan to increase x2 acupuncture

Hi I did acupuncture at zou yumin, ang Mo Kio.

hi all !! im on my day 4 jab today . overall my mood is good and de jab isnt as pain as i tot it might be though is my husband who does the jab for me also going for accupucture at zou yumin weely ! jiayou to all mummies n daddies to be ❤️

hi all !! im on my day 4 jab today . overall my mood is good and de jab isnt as pain as i tot it might be though is my husband who does the jab for me also going for accupucture at zou yumin weely ! jiayou to all mummies n daddies to be ❤️
Hello! You are doing the jab and Accunpunture at the same time? It is okay to doing the jab period? Cause I am doing Accunpunture with Zhou you min as twice a week. Thinking if I shld do it doing the jab period.

Hi there, we are doing IVF this year after ttc for the past 1+ year with the help of tcm. Wanted to ask if there are any supplements my husband and I should take in preparations for IVF? Thanks in advance!

It's look like my procedure will have to postpone till June, cos of my cycle in March....

I think fertility supplements is fine as it contains folic acid and other minerals which is good for body preparing to conceive. Sorry what does So stand for?

I have no experience with massage but I did go for weekly to 2x/week acupunctures to prepare for ivf.
@Minzzy:
I am thinking to start acupuncture to prepare for ivf in May. Any recommendations on when in the cycle is best to start with acupuncture?

Hi,

6-7 months for fertility massage

I tried calling Zhou Yu Min a few times but nobody answered. Can I just walk-in? Or any other ways to make an appointment?

Hi ladies :)

I just did my very first IVF in Mar with Dr Loh at Thomson after ttc for about 2 yrs plus.
Just want to share my experience to you all who first time trying ivf, I am sure u r terrified, worry and not sure what to expect just like I did.

I started jabing on 1st day of mens since it was full flow. First 4 days, I only had a single jab each night. The following 6 days, I got double jab each night. By the time trigger for egg retrieval, I only have about 14 eggs. The jab is not painful at all. Or perhaps I am lucky to have a fat tummy and no side effects, just slight bloatness like having mens :p.

I was extremely nervous for the egg retrieval. But don’t worry, u won’t know anything once u get in ot. The moment when u wake up, u find urself in the resting bed. The whole process only takes about 10-15 mins. While waiting for me to recover, my husband went to collect his sperm. I had very bad cramp and bloated for 2 days, couldn’t walk straight at times. My condition was better by 3rd day and ready for the ET. Drink ginger tea with dry longan! It helps the bloatness and calm ur stomach.

Total I retrieved 21 eggs, only 10 matured and 6 eggs get to fertilised. But in the end, only 4 embryos survived. So I transfered 2 and frozen 2 embryos. I did embryo transfer (ET) on day 2 and now waiting for preg blood test next week. My husband got the chance to went in ot with me for the ET to see the embryos and observe whole 5-10 mins process. It was painless. So don’t worry ladies ;)

I feel like riding rollercoaster with my emotion through the whole process. But to me, the worst part is 2ww which is I am in now. Trying to manage my expectation and anxiety until the blood test result is out :(

The cost of the whole process is about $16k which includes $6k for all the medicine n consultations, $5k for egg retrieval and $5k for ET. Unlike public hospitals, u can get up to 75% subsidy, we only can claim from our Medisave $6k. :confused:

I just did my very first IVF in Mar with Dr Loh at Thomson after ttc for about 2 yrs plus.
Just want to share my experience to you all who first time trying ivf, I am sure u r terrified, worry and not sure what to expect just like I did.

I started jabing on 1st day of mens since it was full flow. First 4 days, I only had a single jab each night. The following 6 days, I got double jab each night. By the time trigger for egg retrieval, I only have about 14 eggs. The jab is not painful at all. Or perhaps I am lucky to have a fat tummy and no side effects, just slight bloatness like having mens :p.

I was extremely nervous for the egg retrieval. But don’t worry, u won’t know anything once u get in ot. The moment when u wake up, u find urself in the resting bed. The whole process only takes about 10-15 mins. While waiting for me to recover, my husband went to collect his sperm. I had very bad cramp and bloated for 2 days, couldn’t walk straight at times. My condition was better by 3rd day and ready for the ET. Drink ginger tea with dry longan! It helps the bloatness and calm ur stomach.

Total I retrieved 21 eggs, only 10 matured and 6 eggs get to fertilised. But in the end, only 4 embryos survived. So I transfered 2 and frozen 2 embryos. I did embryo transfer (ET) on day 2 and now waiting for preg blood test next week. My husband got the chance to went in ot with me for the ET to see the embryos and observe whole 5-10 mins process. It was painless. So don’t worry ladies ;)

I feel like riding rollercoaster with my emotion through the whole process. But to me, the worst part is 2ww which is I am in now. Trying to manage my expectation and anxiety until the blood test result is out :(

The cost of the whole process is about $16k which includes $6k for all the medicine n consultations, $5k for egg retrieval and $5k for ET. Unlike public hospitals, u can get up to 75% subsidy, we only can claim from our Medisave $6k. :confused:
Hi there, I will be starting IVF with dr Loh as well. Went for counselling already. Can I check what is your issue, do you have pcos? Baby dust to you! Pls keep us updated, looking forward to ur good news

Hi there, I will be starting IVF with dr Loh as well. Went for counselling already. Can I check what is your issue, do you have pcos? Baby dust to you! Pls keep us updated, looking forward to ur good news

Hi there!
My husband’s sperm was not good. I have no issue. Before ivf, dr Loh gave my husband supplements. Apparently his sperm’s quality improved a lot compare to the previous tests.

Jiayou and baby dust to you too :)

Hi there!
My husband’s sperm was not good. I have no issue. Before ivf, dr Loh gave my husband supplements. Apparently his sperm’s quality improved a lot compare to the previous tests.

Jiayou and baby dust to you too :)
Btw, how old are u now?

Good luck for the blood test! Keep us posted.

I’m will be going for my first ivf in May.
We have male fertility issue as well.

Did you take any supplements or went for tcm before ivf?

Hi Ntth!

All the best to you and baby dust to you.
During your injections what type of food did you consume?
I am currently on my day 3 jab. My jabs are in morning. I have jabs till this Sunday and have a scan with Kk next Monday.

Good luck for the blood test! Keep us posted.

I’m will be going for my first ivf in May.
We have male fertility issue as well.

Did you take any supplements or went for tcm before ivf?

Hi Elal,

My husband took Migrate Q10 for a year but it doesn’t help. So we stopped and I put him on TTC diet include salmon, seafood (sea cucumber, clams), broccoli, banana and kiwi for about 5-6 months. Avoid soy products!

Besides, he also take Oyster Plus from Good Health New Zealand and Vitality Plus from Eu Yan Sang. When IVF started, dr gave Vigor-Ace. Surprisingly, his result improved a lot. The sperm morphology were double. The rest of indicators were back to standard. We were very surprised and happy with the test result.

We didn’t go for any TCM at all.

Baby dust to you and jiayou!

Hi Elal,

My husband took Migrate Q10 for a year but it doesn’t help. So we stopped and I put him on TTC diet include salmon, seafood (sea cucumber, clams), broccoli, banana and kiwi for about 5-6 months. Avoid soy products!

Besides, he also take Oyster Plus from Good Health New Zealand and Vitality Plus from Eu Yan Sang. When IVF started, dr gave Vigor-Ace. Surprisingly, his result improved a lot. The sperm morphology were double. The rest of indicators were back to standard. We were very surprised and happy with the test result.

We didn’t go for any TCM at all.

Baby dust to you and jiayou!
Thanks for sharing!

Did you take any supplements at all?

Hi Ntth!

All the best to you and baby dust to you.
During your injections what type of food did you consume?
I am currently on my day 3 jab. My jabs are in morning. I have jabs till this Sunday and have a scan with Kk next Monday.
Hi Bluerosebutterfly,

I didn’t have any specific diet during ivf. But went on diet 6 months before, cut down carbs, add in a lot of fruits n veggie. I dropped my weight and fat %.

During jab period, I prefer soupy food and ginger tea. It helps my bloatness a lot especially after trigger jab.

Hang in there! Good luck to you and baby dust to you too

Last edited:

Back