IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi everyone :) baby dust to all.....for those going through IUI don't worry it's a really quick and painless process really like a PAP smear might be uncomfortable but not painful...also depends on doctor i guess....my doctor is quite skilled in these..- the only downside is the possible multiple scans to monitor your follicle size and when you've ovulated...I went through 2 rounds of SO-IUI in 2016 and succeeded on the 2nd try + conceived my boy early 2017...now trying for #2 ....and trying to go down the IUI route too as my issue is anovulation- I have super irregular periods and don't even know when / if i'm ever ovulating which makes it almost impossible to try natural?
( how to BD every night? LOL) ...at first whilst going through the IUI i was also lost and had alot of 'what ifs'....but the 2nd time i did it ( I just lost my job , was retrenched even before the IUI cycle.. :( ) , I just let go of everything and left it to God ....and it worked!...now im going through this again -full of apprehension as I do not know what will happen ...( i just failed my first IUI cycle a few days back- i was just googling all my symptons during the 2ww and my AF came on 16DPIUI sighss.....this brought me back to 2016 during that time of 'unknown'...so i told myself ( easier said than done) ...to let go of things not within my control and let God .....
One difference between the cycles now and in 2016 when trying for my first child- was that the Dr is afraid that i'll get too overstimulated via the Puregon jabs so he lowered the doses for me...( afraid more than 1 -2 follicles will mature and have to abort IUI cycle due to risk of multiples)-so the first 'round' i felt like a guinea pig haha i was given clomind / puregon jab and jab on alternate days....on D4,6,8,10 ( 75mg) then went for scan on D10...Follicle still too small so was asked to jab on D11, 12 ( another 75mg then 100mg) still too small on D15 scan , Dr asked if i wanna abort this cycle or continue to try to jab more 'doses' , since I've already invested so much time with the jabbing..i discussed with hubby and he also agreed that we should proceed...then jab again from D15-D18.(75mg again)..( at that point the follicle grew only 1 though), so D19 finally received the go ahead - D20 afternoon Trigger Shot and as D21 was Sunday did IUI on D22 morning.....This experience was totally different from my SO-IUI's in 2016...where i jabbed daily from D2-6...together with clomid ...
Was wondering if anyone here has had similar experience?
As much as I would not really like the risk of multiples too, I'm wondering if his approach is too conservative? cos technically more follicles more chances rte? but Yeah im also aware of cases where all the follicles get fertilized...
He also told me if after 3 IUI cycles ...we might have to consider other options like IVF...( which im honestly apprehensive about so still so undecided- and if IVF prob need to go govt cos private will be too ex already :( )

I too failed my first SO-IUI. Got me feling frustrated angry, dissapointed and sad these past few days... actually felt like giving up but husband is hopeful.

Had 3 eggs, post-wash sperm count and motility was okay, not sure what else I can do actually...
Did my HSG right before the IUI and that was clear too

Stopped taking all my vitamins and meds these past few days out of frustration. More than the financial burden, the emotional burden is harder to handle for me...

Will be going for second SO-IUI now. Also looking at IVF options in JB since I dont qualify for any grants in Sg :(

I too failed my first SO-IUI. Got me feling frustrated angry, dissapointed and sad these past few days... actually felt like giving up but husband is hopeful.

Had 3 eggs, post-wash sperm count and motility was okay, not sure what else I can do actually...
Did my HSG right before the IUI and that was clear too

Stopped taking all my vitamins and meds these past few days out of frustration. More than the financial burden, the emotional burden is harder to handle for me...

Will be going for second SO-IUI now. Also looking at IVF options in JB since I dont qualify for any grants in Sg :(

Don’t give up ya ...I also felt really down and upset in 2016 when I failed the first time and also the recent ‘failure ‘ as well...
In fact this round of ‘failure’ my hubbys numbers for sperm was way better than when I conceived the 2nd round of SO-IUI in 2016 only diff is this round I only had one follicle viable but still it dint work out so yeah a lot factors and apparently % of success is 5-20% only maybe age too cos I’m turning 37 this year ...and I always take comfort that if the egg + sperm isn’t viable, best not to fertilize if not will have potential complications down the road etc also no gd ....
Take heart and all the best for future cycles and whatever your plans are
I’ve also been down these few days haha not talking much to ppl and feel like the whole world is against me kind feel haha at least have this forum for us to vent and support heh

Don’t give up ya ...I also felt really down and upset in 2016 when I failed the first time and also the recent ‘failure ‘ as well...
In fact this round of ‘failure’ my hubbys numbers for sperm was way better than when I conceived the 2nd round of SO-IUI in 2016 only diff is this round I only had one follicle viable but still it dint work out so yeah a lot factors and apparently % of success is 5-20% only maybe age too cos I’m turning 37 this year ...and I always take comfort that if the egg + sperm isn’t viable, best not to fertilize if not will have potential complications down the road etc also no gd ....
Take heart and all the best for future cycles and whatever your plans are
I’ve also been down these few days haha not talking much to ppl and feel like the whole world is against me kind feel haha at least have this forum for us to vent and support heh
I know :(
trying my best to not get depressed...
Prior to IUI, tried 3 medicated cycles of clomid & letrozole. Did have 1-3 eggs each time at the right size, none worked...mine is PCOS and husband's SA shows low motility and morpho, though normal count. Post-wash was good though...

Just scared with all the above and our age going up :(
30 this year and recall a TCM Practitioner advising me to get pregnant by 30 or it's gonna be tough.

Regret not trying sooner and we waited for 1.5 years after marriage before trying...

I know :(
trying my best to not get depressed...
Prior to IUI, tried 3 medicated cycles of clomid & letrozole. Did have 1-3 eggs each time at the right size, none worked...mine is PCOS and husband's SA shows low motility and morpho, though normal count. Post-wash was good though...

Just scared with all the above and our age going up :(
30 this year and recall a TCM Practitioner advising me to get pregnant by 30 or it's gonna be tough.

Regret not trying sooner and we waited for 1.5 years after marriage before trying...

Chin up :) No point regretting and if you're below 35 the chances are high.. thats what my gynae said too...so take this time to take care of both yourselves and do everything you like now- travel , read a book etc...
It is scary cos of the 'unknown' ..I guess that's the frustrating part about waiting as most people like to have certain control of things and will want to know the outcome...for TTC usually we don't know...and we have to leave it to God...( depending on your believes or the 'higher ups')
Anyway i just received news someone I know is pregnant haha so really alot of people conceiving around me too ...adds on to the 'pressure'?
Let's jiayou together!

Chin up :) No point regretting and if you're below 35 the chances are high.. thats what my gynae said too...so take this time to take care of both yourselves and do everything you like now- travel , read a book etc...
It is scary cos of the 'unknown' ..I guess that's the frustrating part about waiting as most people like to have certain control of things and will want to know the outcome...for TTC usually we don't know...and we have to leave it to God...( depending on your believes or the 'higher ups')
Anyway i just received news someone I know is pregnant haha so really alot of people conceiving around me too ...adds on to the 'pressure'?
Let's jiayou together!
Agreed..not everything we can control in life.. Always expect the unexpected..
I also scared I will regret in future, thus I finally decided to go SO-IUI to try this month. My procedure is scheduled on next Monday..hope everything will be smooth and positive! Let's jiayou!

Agreed..not everything we can control in life.. Always expect the unexpected..
I also scared I will regret in future, thus I finally decided to go SO-IUI to try this month. My procedure is scheduled on next Monday..hope everything will be smooth and positive! Let's jiayou!
Yeah all the best to you !....
Yup fertility issues are always scary as you really do not know what will happen...just do everything that you and your partner are comfy with ...( esp with respect to ART like IUI/ IVF- can be emotionally draining) ...
Take one step at a time .....I know easier said that done cos i also always think of the 'worse' possible scenario haha guess i'm a pessimist haha....wheras my hubby is the optimistic type....so guess this balances out haha....
All the best everyone and happy TTC ....its full of ups and downs much like parenting/ life in general.....so if you manage to get through this 'journey' as a couple , it will just make your r/s stronger..!

Anyone in their 2ww?
My next doc appt is 19days post iui...how come need so long ah?
Do you all get spotting just after iui? It's normal right?

Anyone in their 2ww?
My next doc appt is 19days post iui...how come need so long ah?
Do you all get spotting just after iui? It's normal right?
Just starting 2nd round this week...actually quite half hearted since the doctor himself looked very skeptical on the chances of IUI for our case - low motility/ morpho. Sperm count is otherwise okay and I am producing eggs (2/3) maybe more this time around.

Feels like our only chance is with IVF now. Dont even know of i should continue with IUI this month or stop the process.

Btw, I didnt have spotting but it could be normal.

Just starting 2nd round this week...actually quite half hearted since the doctor himself looked very skeptical on the chances of IUI for our case - low motility/ morpho. Sperm count is otherwise okay and I am producing eggs (2/3) maybe more this time around.

Feels like our only chance is with IVF now. Dont even know of i should continue with IUI this month or stop the process.

Btw, I didnt have spotting but it could be normal.
Don't be too disheartened.. Sometimes miracles do happen, and your sperm count is OK so still got chance. Mine only 3.8mil which I think is towards low side.. But what's done is done, just wait for the result and hope for the best..
How much would it be for IVF after subsidies? 10k above? Its still like too exp for me to consider this option and the mental stress.. And wondering if the injections are different from SOIUI, like isit more painful?

Don't be too disheartened.. Sometimes miracles do happen, and your sperm count is OK so still got chance. Mine only 3.8mil which I think is towards low side.. But what's done is done, just wait for the result and hope for the best..
How much would it be for IVF after subsidies? 10k above? Its still like too exp for me to consider this option and the mental stress.. And wondering if the injections are different from SOIUI, like isit more painful?

I dont qualify for any subsidies being a PR, so it may be well above 15K and even then, may not be successful at 1st try.

Despite sperm count being ok and steadily increasing, doctor seemed not really hopeful.
More like quality issue. I am actually confused. SA showed normal count with motility of 28%, morpho 1%.
Post wash count was 14 million with motility of 98%.

Looking at JB as our only option now. I honestly dont mind the jabs and meds given the fact current IUI jabs (menopur, gonal F, HCG) are not really painful for me.

Bigger issue is the mental stress, depression from all the failures, emotional roller coaster and marriage constraints it is resulting in.

Hi all,
I’m new here. Am 35 this year and ttc #2. Had a miscarriage early last year.

I’m keen to try out IUI and read that Govt will fund IUI with effect 1 Jan 2020. Does it mean that the fertility assessment can only be scheduled on or subsequent to 1 Jan 2020 in order to qualify for the IUI subsidy?

Hi all,
I’m new here. Am 35 this year and ttc #2. Had a miscarriage early last year.

I’m keen to try out IUI and read that Govt will fund IUI with effect 1 Jan 2020. Does it mean that the fertility assessment can only be scheduled on or subsequent to 1 Jan 2020 in order to qualify for the IUI subsidy?
I should think so - probably have to call up the hospital to check....
the funding is up to 1K i think and 75%....

I dont qualify for any subsidies being a PR, so it may be well above 15K and even then, may not be successful at 1st try.

Despite sperm count being ok and steadily increasing, doctor seemed not really hopeful.
More like quality issue. I am actually confused. SA showed normal count with motility of 28%, morpho 1%.
Post wash count was 14 million with motility of 98%.

Looking at JB as our only option now. I honestly dont mind the jabs and meds given the fact current IUI jabs (menopur, gonal F, HCG) are not really painful for me.

Bigger issue is the mental stress, depression from all the failures, emotional roller coaster and marriage constraints it is resulting in.
Yeah.....that's one of the reason that's holding me back from IVF too - the whole treatment procedure - ( for IUI as least it is less invasive, although can be quite costly if you do a few rounds - and it isn't that much of a hassle, not as much down time from work etc.
For IVF, how to take so much time off work - ( for ER, ET and 2 www- i read that HL is given- definitely have to let colleagues know right, for those working- this also adds on to the 'stress' as I believe once people at work know that you're going for IVF ...surely they will gossip ( as much as you don't care) behind your back etc....and they will also know your intention of getting pregnant....As someone who has gone through retrenchment just before finding out i was pregnant with my #1, ( not sure if my ex colleagues knew I was going for IUI etc- possibly they guessed? not sure- I am really wary of that....
So its not only the monetary portion but the other aspects of it as well- the mental, emotional, financial aspect from not only your partner but family as well ( I dont have good family ( parents/ sister support)...:(....that really leads me to think twice too....but there is also the thought of regretting when you're older about not trying 'harder' ? haha life is so ironic...

Hello Everyone, I have been TTC for 3 years. We started to see Private Gynae + TCM 1 year ago but till date still no result. I have done IUI, 2 times SO IUI.. The 2nd SO IUI I did have high hope as I have 4 mature follicles and my hubby sperms are better than average. The results are better than the 1st SO IUI. However my blood test today was negative. :( I am abit loss not sure I should continue last SO IUI or IVF. But IVF is so expensive might need to switch to public hospital instead as there is govt co funding. Next week I will be meeting my gynae and see what he says.

Hello Everyone, I have been TTC for 3 years. We started to see Private Gynae + TCM 1 year ago but till date still no result. I have done IUI, 2 times SO IUI.. The 2nd SO IUI I did have high hope as I have 4 mature follicles and my hubby sperms are better than average. The results are better than the 1st SO IUI. However my blood test today was negative. :( I am abit loss not sure I should continue last SO IUI or IVF. But IVF is so expensive might need to switch to public hospital instead as there is govt co funding. Next week I will be meeting my gynae and see what he says.

*hugs. Stay strong.

9dpo past IUI..got some brownish discharge yesterday, then today slowly like more reddish..But like too early for menses..
Anyone also in 2ww?

9dpo past IUI..got some brownish discharge yesterday, then today slowly like more reddish..But like too early for menses..
Anyone also in 2ww?

8dpo IUI, nothing so far. Tested this morning and is negative. Will try testing a few days later again.

8dpo IUI, nothing so far. Tested this morning and is negative. Will try testing a few days later again.
Like still early to test..I heard some said because we injected the hcg will still be in our body, so urine test may not be accurate, unless can confirm already the drug already out of you body..

Like still early to test..I heard some said because we injected the hcg will still be in our body, so urine test may not be accurate, unless can confirm already the drug already out of you body..

I dont think it will stay in body that long. I read somewhere u can test from around 8dpo but it also depends on how sensitive is ur test kit and how soon your implantation is.

I dont think it will stay in body that long. I read somewhere u can test from around 8dpo but it also depends on how sensitive is ur test kit and how soon your implantation is.
I tested positive till 11DPIUI due to the Hcg...it took that long to get off my system

I think I failed this round...menses come le..tested negative also..but they still need me to go for Fri blood test..I am suspecting the progesterone pill makes my menses come light flow but they still need me to continue take it until blood test..:(

Hello everyone!

I’m new to this forum. I am going for my first IUI procedure in the following weeks, with my first TOO scan next week. I am with Dr Chow at NUH. My hubby and I have been trying for the last two years and since we are both in our mid thirties, we have decided to go for fertility test at NUH. It turned out that we have an unexplained infertility(?). Dr Chow has advised us to try for normal IUI first. I am pretty clueless as to how it works since none of my relatives or friends ever need to undergo such procedure (lucky them!). Hence, I stumbled across this forum page which looks to be very informative and I really like how everyone is providing moral support to one another.

Has anyone ever gone IUI procedure recently at NUH with Dr Chow? He doesn’t prescribe me any supplements and instead, just tell me to take folic acid and chlomid regularly.

Hi how did your IUI go for you? I am planning to go for this option at NUH as well. Did you do your fertility test with the hospital? and would you recommend your gynae? thanks!

Dear Ladies,

I would like to seek your advice on which option I should take for egg donation.

These are my 4 options:

1) My doctor actually recommended me to look for my relatives as potential donors. I have a younger female cousin whom I am very close to, and I can certainly ask her. However, I am reluctant to do so, because I am afraid that the future child may learn about the secret of his or her conception. You know that sometimes it is difficult to keep secrets among relatives. Family secrets easily spill out after some time.

2) The doctor also told me that the government has recently allowed import of frozen donor eggs from a European egg bank. But upon searching their catalog, there were no Asian donors, only Caucasian ones. I am not comfortable with a Caucasian egg donor, as a Eurasian child will stick out like a sore thumb for a Chinese couple.

3) The nurse at the clinic discreetly hinted that I can secretly use a foreign egg donor agency, to arrange for an egg donor to travel to Singapore. But payment has to be kept absolutely secret because this is actually illegal in Singapore. However, the nurse hinted that the doctor and clinic will 'close one eye' and pretend not to know anything, even if they suspect that I am illegally using a paid egg donor from a foreign agency.

4) Then, there is also the option of going to Malaysia or Thailand for egg donation.

Wondering which route would you recommend? I am still thinking hard and considering all options.

Hi all, just did my first IUI cycle on sat, all readings were ok except my uterus lining was only at 7mm. anyone has any tips on what type of diet to keep the lining strong ?

Tia!

hi.. I'm new here.. Just did my 1st IUI on 5th oct after trying naturally for almost 12 years (Yah, I took that long to decide, partly because DH was not keen before)
tbh, i dont feel pregnant at all. With all my natural 3 pregnancies that end up in m/c, i always had sore bb and nausea.. this time nothing at all. Kinda beginning to lose hope also.. but Maybe I am just being too hard on myself. The fact that i am already 39, makes me more stressed then ever.

I had the IUI done in NUH and was lucky to get Prof PC Wong. Was prescribed Letrazole and Trigger shot. By the 4th day, the trigger shot was out of my system entirely. Clomid didnt work for me. This time i my follicle was 20mm ( as compared to 11mm while on clomid) and Uterine Lining was ard 8mm ( not sure if that is good or not). Today i am only 9dpiui... really hopeful to see a bfp but i know i need to be ready for the worst too.

Oh yes actually I was given vaginal viagra! Dosage on that day itself and the day before
Then these veginal insert should be the progesterone which supposed to help in lining..
U can have some red bean soup which also helps in lining..
My lining was 11mm and follicles at 20mm,17mm before trigger shot, but still did not succeed.

Then these veginal insert should be the progesterone which supposed to help in lining..
U can have some red bean soup which also helps in lining..
My lining was 11mm and follicles at 20mm,17mm before trigger shot, but still did not succeed.
Ok will try red bean. Thanks for sharing!

Don’t give up too! The tww is already killing me though it’s only been 3dpiui. But nothing compared to a few months back where I thought I was going to go into depression. Been trying for almost a year and every failure (or even the thought of failure) started to make me cry. It really affected my sleep and appetite. Must have really driven my hubby nuts but he’s been most supportive. It also helps to be in forums like this.

Been trying to keep busy since. Reading, binge tving, cooking and meal planning all helps a little. Let’s jiayou !

Does progestron pills delay menses?

I am on Day 16, negative HPTs, no sign of period or spotting as of now...IUI was 16 days ago, did not take any HCG shot this time around

Last IUI, i started spotting on 12 DPIUI

This time around, lots of cramps and white discharge which could be due to progestron...i have actually reduced the progestron pill to 1 pill a day and skipped some days hoping this is not delaying my period if im not pregnant...

Hi, had my iui done on the 26th September 2019 and finally i have got the courage to check yesterday. i got a positive hpt.

Rest more and dont think too much everyone. Baby dust to all of you.

Well mine confirm no...just waiting for period to start, otherwise need some meds to induce that...
All these attempts with letrozole, clomid, gonal F and menopur resulted in nothing but a messed up cycle now...feel like just giving up this entire thing since ive wasted tons of $$$ and time the past 5 months for nothing...

I have tried SO-IUI twice but failed. The doc suspect there is something wrong with my egg quality becos the eggs react to the medications poorer than expected.

First iui- I was given letrozole for 5 days. After scanning, there is not much growth in follicles. So I was given gonal-f jab for another few days and one follicle grew ideally. So ended up doing 1 follicle

2nd iui- I was given gonal-f injection 100 units and 75 units alternate days. 2 follicles grew ideally.

Both Iui, husband sperms quality are within standards.

Is there any way to improve egg quality? I read an article tat egg quality cannot be improved.

Is there anyone facing the same issue? For my age 29, I should have 75% normal follicles. Hence, it is really weird why I have this issue.

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum! Just wanted to check - anyone of you heard of Dr Ben Neo whose clinic is in Novena? Is he good/recommended for SO-IUI? Also, how about Dr Joycelyn Wong from ACJ Clinic?

Thank you!!

I’m 8dpiui now. Anyone has had yellow/brown discharge after IUI? I’ve had it on and off for a couple of days (like once or twice a day). Also tingling / pulling pricks of pain below my belly button area. I thought it’s infection but just called my doc he says usually infections are accompanied by fever, foul smelling discharge and itching, which I don’t have. I feel constantly bloated tho, like the air in my tummy kinda sits on my uterus (?).
Anyone has the same experience post IUI?

Well i had infection without fever or foul smell...only indication was white discharge, that too clear...they did a urine test and it was internal UTI

Hi all,

I am 41 years old. My Dr recommened me to do IVF due to my age and having low ovarian reserve. However, I want to do SO IUI first and therefore my Dr allowed me try once. I had done my procedure in October but unfortunately my AF comes on 13 dpiui. Spotting start on 12 dpiui. Today 14 dpiui I went to do blood test though AF comes already. The nurse said sometimes people still pregnant even mensus come. So it is mandatory to do blood test. Anyhow I already prepare the result to the worst. Tomorrow shall see Dr to discuss the next plan. I feel sad and under depress why people get pregnant so easy at my age and why not me :(

Back