IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Currently myself & husband are doing blood test at private clinic... was thinking try once so-iui at the clinic.. would like to know if subsequently wanna do ivf at public hospital, will they recognise the blood test & so-iui result? Or have to start from scratch such as blood test?

Currently myself & husband are doing blood test at private clinic... was thinking try once so-iui at the clinic.. would like to know if subsequently wanna do ivf at public hospital, will they recognise the blood test & so-iui result? Or have to start from scratch such as blood test?

They should recognise, at least some, if not all. keep your results always so u don't have to go back to clinic to get and bring along.

The new doc may ask u to do again some tests, depending on how old yr tests were and his opinion on yr conditions.

I think the full blood count, HIV tests for IVF is only valid for 6 months.

They should recognise, at least some, if not all. keep your results always so u don't have to go back to clinic to get and bring along.

The new doc may ask u to do again some tests, depending on how old yr tests were and his opinion on yr conditions.

I think the full blood count, HIV tests for IVF is only valid for 6 months.

Thanks grumpet

Hi, anyone doing iui in NUH in Oct 2018? This is my 3rd iui.
Ist so-iui in private.
2nd iui in NUH
I dont have confidence at all for my upcoming iui. i have pcos . I am jus going with my doc's plan.

Yes. Ask your private gynae write referral letter.. different test has different validity.. if the report is out date then test have to be redo

Initially, i did my first so-iui in a private clinic. I went to NUH as i wanted to change the doctor and prepare for ivf in the future.
i brought my lab results and show to my doc. the nurses scan the results to their system. The doc ordered 2 new blood tests which i have not done before. It was a smooth transition for me and i was able to save some money by not repeating the tests.

Hey all! I’m planning SO-IUI this next month with Dr CT Yeong based at Tanglin shopping ctr/novena. Anyone else with him? We’re foreigners so decided to go to a private practice instead of hospital. I’ve found they both charge similar so far.

Last edited:
I am with dr yeong but failed my 1st iui.. resting for 2 months as I'm out of town this month and hubb out of town for biz trip.. good luck! He's a caring doctor answer to all your qn and give u assurance :)

Thanks, I’m not sure what path to take! But maybe try a couple of iui first. It’s all so expensive isn’t it so need to make the right choice.

I think HSG could be done this month and then SO-IUI next month. Day 3 is when most people start clomid/injections/Femara.
Basically hsg is to make sure your tubes are open, best to do that before spending time and money on meds and IUI.
We also need ‘IUI bloods’ for both partners, this includes hepatitis, HIV, and other things.

Hi all, I'm 31 this year and just started on my SO-IUI program with KKH, after close to 2 years of trying to conceive. I have irregular menses, usually range from 32 to 42 days. But I think I do ovulate as I track my basal body temperature and there's a rise in temp. I have done HSG and the blood tests, no major issues discovered, except that my AMH is quite high at 3.5 ng/mL which I understand may be an indication of PCOS. Based on SA a year ago, hubby morphology is low at <1% but doctor said since count is high, shdn't be a big issue.

For this cycle, I have been injecting myself with 50ml of puregon since CD2 for 5 days before upping my dose to 75ml.

CD7 (First scan): Just one follicle 11mm worth mentioning (the rest are small and doctor didn't elaborate further). My lining was 5.5mm. Nurse ask me to start using the ovulation kits and to report to KKH immediately if it shows positive. Isn't it a bit too early? My cycles are long and hence usually only ovulate CD20+. Also, I read before that ovulation test kits are more accurate in the afternoon. Will results be affected if I test in the morning?

Last edited:
Hi TTC i think with jabs the follicles will grow faster and once the size is right, the dr will give a trigger shot. Are you going to trigger? Mine was closely monitored by my dr and once my follicle is at 18mm i will trigger and 36 hours later IUI or timed intercourse. I was not told to use opk..

Hi Jazz! Yes i'll be given Ovidrel injection once 'optimum response' is obtained.. Just dunno why i'm asked to use the opk so soon.. My next scan is tmr on CD9 and will update again!

Are you currently on a IUI cycle too?

CD9 (2nd scan): Detected 'follicles' of sizes 12.5?, 8, 7.5, 7.5, 6, 5, 5. Training doctor said there is growth, but slow. Hence dosage for puregon remains at 75. I asked what the question mark next to the 12.5 meant, and the other doctor replied that means it is probably a cyst and not an egg T_T So that means the cyst actually grew from 11 to 12.5 in two days! >.< Lining remains at 5.5.

Seems like I'm not responding well / having a slow response to puregon. Anyone has similar size follicles on CD7/9? With them scheduling me back for scans every two days, think i would have to be prepared to take more time-off from work before they grow to be of ideal size..

but they should be able to tell if is a cyst or follicles? wah 7 follicles seems promising..it usually grow 1 to 2mm per day.. for past few months when I'm monitored by doc with med and trigger.. my size usually reached 17 to 18mm by cd13 and i will trigger... as the minimum size is at least 18mm.. so don't worry u still have some time.. ya with these you needa take alot of time off leave etc.. jia you! .. btw use the waiting time at kkh long? how much is the iui procedure? I'm with private and quite ex zzzz

The estimated total cost is $2-2.6k for SO-IUI with puregon injectibles. Let me check again on the cost of the IUI procedure itself only tonight!

CD11 (3rd scan): 12.5 shd be a cyst, not a follicle and size remains the same. The rest 11,7.5,7.5,6,5,5. So only one grew from 8 to 11. So slow zzz. Lining 6.8. My dosage of puregon maintained at 75 for next three days. Doc/nurses have also briefed me on what to do in case my opk shows up as positive over the weekend.
Abit overwhelmed >.<

For the scans, if you're willing to reach early morning to beat the queue, you can be done by 9am. But if there's a need to collect more medicine from pharmacy, then can take longer depending on queue at pharmacy.

Last edited:
Dont worry try to relax.. i read somewhere to eat egg white everyday will help in the growth.. Wah.. seems like waiting time quite long.. Think i shall stick to private coz it seems the price about the same.. so your expected IUi is early next week? that time when I'm on med.. i use opk is all positive for many days.. not sure why..

Thanks for the tip! Yah i realize total estimated cost at KKH also not cheap.. Wonder which is the cheap part.. so far I'm still getting negative for OPK..

The estimated total cost is $2-2.6k for SO-IUI with puregon injectibles. Let me check again on the cost of the IUI procedure itself only tonight!

CD11 (3rd scan): 12.5 shd be a cyst, not a follicle and size remains the same. The rest 11,7.5,7.5,6,5,5. So only one grew from 8 to 11. So slow zzz. Lining 6.8. My dosage of puregon maintained at 75 for next three days. Doc/nurses have also briefed me on what to do in case my opk shows up as positive over the weekend.
Abit overwhelmed >.<

For the scans, if you're willing to reach early morning to beat the queue, you can be done by 9am. But if there's a need to collect more medicine from pharmacy, then can take longer depending on queue at pharmacy.

I also went through IUI in March 2018 at KKH. Total cost for me was $2232.15, fully claimed under Medisave. I'm currently 8 months pregnant from Mar 2018 cycle - sending you baby dust and jiayou!

I also went through IUI in March 2018 at KKH. Total cost for me was $2232.15, fully claimed under Medisave. I'm currently 8 months pregnant from Mar 2018 cycle - sending you baby dust and jiayou!

Thank you beautifulbreathoflife! Stories like urs give me hope! How many boxes of puregon did you go thru? I'm on my third box of 300iu (which is actually 400iu) now and shd be my last before the trigger sometime later this week.

CD14 (4th scan): 12.5mm cyst remains at 12.5. Dominant follicle at 14mm. The rest also caught up a bit at 10.5, 10, 9.5, 9, 9, 8, 7. Lining increase quite alot to 10.2T (think the red bean soup helped!). Heard the sonographer say 'triple', which I googled and found out it's a good thing. My dosage of puregon maintained at 75iu for next two days, as doctor is afraid that increasing it may lead to too many other follicles (all quite close in size) catching up and cancellation of cycle.

My follicles seem to be growing slower than norm. Maybe related to how i usually have late ovulation and longer cycles (33-40 days)... I need to eat more egg-whites!!

Btw anybody knows what time the "boys room" open at KKH?

Last edited:
Just did iui yesterday, my 3rd time. I already have IVF counselling arranged in 2 weeks time. Anyone did or doing iui this week?

Just did iui yesterday, my 3rd time. I already have IVF counselling arranged in 2 weeks time. Anyone did or doing iui this week?

Doing my first one (shd be end of the week)

Good luck!!! Hope u get ur bfp!!

Where did u do yours? Share more details w us! :p

Doing my first one (shd be end of the week)

Good luck!!! Hope u get ur bfp!!

Where did u do yours? Share more details w us! :p

Hi, i did at NUH with Prof Wong, IUI was performed on day 17 of my cycle. thanks for ur wishes. Where are u doing urs?

Last edited:
wah how many times a week did you eat the red bean? my lining always seems thin like 7mmm

Actually just one big bowl of red bean soup, one red bean potong ice cream (i know not supposed to eat cold but i did it anyway >.<) and a red bean bun for breakfast since day 1 of my cycle.

Hi, i did at NUH with Prof Wong, IUI was performed on day 16 of my cycle. thanks for ur wishes. Where are u doing urs?
I'm doing mine at KKH~ Jiayou together! How are you prepping yourself for the 2ww? I'm planning to sleep with socks on, have chicken essence daily, minimise intake of caffeine, drink more water, eat more eggs!

CD16 (5th scan): Dominant follicle grew to 18mm and another one caught up to 16.5mm! Finally they awake after asleep for so long.. Zzz.. The rest 14 13 13 12.5 12 11.5 11. Lining 11.4T. I triggered with ovidrel at 9am and IUI scheduled next morn! Doctor say there's chance that smaller follicles could be mature so can't risk waiting longer. As the time from trigger to IUI will only be around 25 hours (compared to 36 hours usually), doctor advise to bd the following morning too.

I'm nervous but excited at the same time to do the IUI procedure!

Update: It's 9.30pm now and I'm feeling super duper bloated and feel like puking. Dunno if it is the accumulated effect of the puregon over the last two weeks or the ovidrel earlier this morning : /

Last edited:
Actually just one big bowl of red bean soup, one red bean potong ice cream (i know not supposed to eat cold but i did it anyway >.<) and a red bean bun for breakfast since day 1 of my cycle.

I'm doing mine at KKH~ Jiayou together! How are you prepping yourself for the 2ww? I'm planning to sleep with socks on, have chicken essence daily, minimise intake of caffeine, drink more water, eat more eggs!

CD16 (5th scan): Dominant follicle grew to 18mm and another one caught up to 16.5mm! Finally they awake after asleep for so long.. Zzz.. The rest 14 13 13 12.5 12 11.5 11. Lining 11.4T. I triggered with ovidrel at 9am and IUI scheduled next morn! Doctor say there's chance that smaller follicles could be mature so can't risk waiting longer. As the time from trigger to IUI will only be around 25 hours (compared to 36 hours usually), doctor advise to bd the following morning too.

I'm nervous but excited at the same time to do the IUI procedure!

Update: It's 9.30pm now and I'm feeling super duper bloated and feel like puking. Dunno if it is the accumulated effect of the puregon over the last two weeks or the ovidrel earlier this morning : /

Currently, i drinking chicken essence on alternate days, drinking more water, reduced my intake of caffeine, try to eat more healthily and have sufficient sleep. As this is my 3rd iui, i am just going with the flow.

For this cycle, took letrozole only. On CD14, i only had one precious follicle measured 17.5mm and lining was 8mm. On CD 15, i triggered with ovidrel at 10.30pm and did IUI on CD 17 morning( done around 37 hours after trigger shot). I had ovulation pain 2 hours before my iui.
i am pleased with my hubby 's sperm count, it is the highest count ever

After the iui, i did not had any uncomfortable symptoms. I am just tired. Normally i do feel tired and sleep after all my iui.

Baby dust to u. :)

Last edited:
Currently, i drinking chicken essence on alternate days, drinking more water, reduced my intake of caffeine, try to eat more healthily and have sufficient sleep. As this is my 3rd iui, i am just going with the flow.

For this cycle, took letrozole only. On CD14, i only had one precious follicle measured 17.5mm and lining was 8mm. On CD 15, i triggered with ovidrel at 10.30pm and did IUI on CD 17 morning( done around 37 hours after trigger shot). I had ovulation pain 2 hours before my iui.
i am pleased with my hubby 's sperm count, it is the highest count ever

After the iui, i did not had any uncomfortable symptoms. I am just tired. Normally i do feel tired and sleep after all my iui.

Baby dust to u. :)

Just did my IUI this morning (CD17), administered by Dr Ang in KKH. She's v gentle and nice. During the procedure which took only a few mins, I felt abit uncomfortable but as soon as it's done, no pain or any side effects so far. Went for a nice lunch too :D I laid down about 15 mins after the procedure before standing up. Washed sperm count was 15mil, 93% motility. Asked abt morphology, but nurse said they don't check on this as its not SA.

I'm abit worried that the timing of my IUI is too early, at 25 hours after my ovidrel trigger > < Don't think i have ovulated yet..

Gd luck and baby dust to u too! Hope we make it! Ohh which brand of chicken essence are u drinking? I got mine from hock hua (original flavour). Not sure if any brand/flavour is better for the 2ww.

Just did my IUI this morning (CD17), administered by Dr Ang in KKH. She's v gentle and nice. During the procedure which took only a few mins, I felt abit uncomfortable but as soon as it's done, no pain or any side effects so far. Went for a nice lunch too :D I laid down about 15 mins after the procedure before standing up. Washed sperm count was 15mil, 93% motility. Asked abt morphology, but nurse said they don't check on this as its not SA.

I'm abit worried that the timing of my IUI is too early, at 25 hours after my ovidrel trigger > < Don't think i have ovulated yet..

Gd luck and baby dust to u too! Hope we make it! Ohh which brand of chicken essence are u drinking? I got mine from hock hua (original flavour). Not sure if any brand/flavour is better for the 2ww.

I always feel very uncomfortable when the speculum is put in. That is a terrible feeling. In NUH , they only check on the count and motility they label as progressive ( based on my hubby's report).

Dont worry about the timing of the IUI. i have read before in FB that some ladies did iui at 24 hours after the trigger shot did got BFP :).

I an drinking the BRAND'S Essence of chicken. Rest well for the next 2 days and don't exercise too. Be positive. Gd luck to u too. :)

Rest of the day after IUI: No side-effects until later that night. Had a lot of gas and mild cramps. Started taking duphaston. BD too.

CD18 (1DPIUI): Cramps the whole day!

Last edited:
Rest of the day after IUI: No side-effects until later that night. Had a lot of gas and mild cramps. Started taking duphaston. BD too.
CD18 (1DPIUI): Cramps in the morning.

Hi, I am not on duphaston on this cycle. i hate duphaston's side effect eg abdominal pain, several breast pain. After iui, might have cramps. Today is 4DPIUI, no symptoms.

Hi everyone, I have just started my journey of SO-IUI. I did my first Injection of Gonal f 50 Units on my Day 3 Wed.My first scan will be on Monday. Any advise.

Hi, I am not on duphaston on this cycle. i hate duphaston's side effect eg abdominal pain, several breast pain. After iui, might have cramps. Today is 4DPIUI, no symptoms.

Yeah I've been crampy all day!

Hi everyone, I have just started my journey of SO-IUI. I did my first Injection of Gonal f 50 Units on my Day 3 Wed.My first scan will be on Monday. Any advise.

Eat more egg white and red bean soup!

Can drink raspberry leaf tea until your iui. Drink alot of water, pomegranate juice and consume avocado.

Back