IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Splw18: it is good to do check up for ur hubby and urself to see if there is any issue. It is easier to start to check on hubby cos hubby only do sperm test. We ladies have many tests to do to check for fertility . I hope it can help u .

Tituteo

Jia you n never give up to be parent

I also tried to conceive naturally for 2 yrs but couldn't n went Kk check doctor said my hb n me ok

Not wanting to queue to see doctor at Kkh I went to my friend gynea at tcm dr Eunice Chua (seek second opinion) told her my problem n she suggested iui for me . At age 33 I had my girl at fiest try of iui

I had again done iui for my second girl last nov at age 35 ( tried 3G then successful) now got two beautiful girls

Advice for iui method- dun eat too cooling stuff like cabbage , glass jelly drink etc

Good morning ladies...

Back to reality..WORK.. OMG...

Duffy, My gynae has advise me to go for IVF first but i hestiate then she say y not take a AMH test to check my "eggs" reserve before decide but i think she will insist more on ivf cos my tube is most likely blocked..
sad.gif
Is a direct solution.. haiz..
My friends are asking y im hestiating on IVF.. i think the main reason is i dont know how to discuss with my boss cos he is a guy and im a one woman operation so dont know can take so long leave and etc...

Joelle, my IUI was done on 20 July... So if I didn't count wrongly, this Friday is my 5th weeks, isit??? I schedule to go back for another blood test and ultra sound scanning followed by doc review on tml...

Btw, r u seeing Dr John Tee at KkH for your #1? Hb had no objection if i wanted to switch to dr john tee ... What is v. Scanning???

Sorry for do many questions...

Wondersss, I understand your situation... Just like I told my immediate boss who is a lady that I might be gg for ivf and on a 2 weeks hospitalization leave, she told me as this is a personal matters, dunno if my hospitialization leave will be approved or not... I feel so sian upon hearing it....

Btw, both of your tubes are blocked or only one tube??? If only one tube and ur egg is on the unblocked tube, u still stand a chance doing SO IUI, isn't???cos it will produce alot of eggs on both side...except I only got 1 egg that is growing!!! But I still striked it on 1 egg... So dun give up... Preserve and let Jia you....

Morning, ladies...i am taking leave today for a break as i had been too stressed up..

Wondersss: Hugz Hugz..we are in the same boat..i failed my IUI twice and Dr Loh said under such situation, he would recommend IVF..i was hesistating too but more of personal pride. but i know i don't care liao. and i decide to proceed wiht ivf hopefully in dec. but i am not sure if u really need a 2 weeks hospitalisation leave. maybe u shd check with doc first? i hav heard of others not hvaing hospitalisation leave. Mayb u can consider doing it in dec (like me) cos it is the xmas period...nad many pple wont be in office and so less obvious. u can prob take one wk leave to rest?

Dian Tang: u mentioned that there are a lot of female fertility tests. What are those? Cos i only rem doing hte blood test on my 2nd day to test hormones and the ink test (dunno what it is called) to test for blockage. do u think it is possible for a doc to make a wrong diagnosis on tube blocked?

Duffy, thanks for your support.. how i wish like im u but im not that lucky.. My blocked tube is on the RIGHT side and most of the time im ovulating on the RIGHT side... haiz.. so the chances of SO-IUI is very low.. My left side is the so-called "lazy womb" worse of all, and the doctor say seems to be smaller.. -.-" OMG!!! So i super confused now...

Dream: I rem I did blood test on day 2 , pelvis ultrasound scan and another x ray test to check if follipian tube is block( forget the term .. He he) . More tests than man . So it is easier to check on man first
happy.gif
btw, maybe can get a second opinion from another doc? The details in report I did in 2 hosp were also slight different .

Dream: Thanks for the HUGS!!! i really need it badly...
happy.gif
You also have blocked tubes??? Did dr Loh say why your IUI failed? Did you told your boss about it...?? In fact, Im really afraid of how people will look at me...haiz..I dont know y but i really want to strike asap.. i hate the waiting sia..
sad.gif

Duffybear
Yes. I was w dr john tee previously. Though for this round of ivf, i had to see dr matthew lau, (cos john tee not ivf doc) but i was told we have the option to go back to our gynae when strike... So i intend to go back to dr tee... Heh... Partly cos the private suite is a better place to wait.... :p n mainly cos since dr tee has seem 'it' all then let him see again.... Dun let so many men see... :X. V. Scan is like what they do to scan for our follicles, insert the scanner into the vaginal... When bb is big enough, they can jus do tummy scan.

For tests, i did hsg, the tube testing dye. Then 2 blood tests. One for general then another for hiv,hep b n what nots... That one my hb had to be tested too. After that i went for another ultra sound again to scan the womb i think...:S.

Wondersss, dun give up...i was told by Dr Jerry fm KKH that my right tube was blocked bcos of my ectopic surgery in last year... but anothe gynea fm ivf told me that only passage is narrow.. but not blocked...

Btw, i was told by my sister and read on book that we will ovulate on alternate side meaning if this month we ovulate on right side, the next month will be on left side... So you still have chances of conceiving... What do you mean by "lazy womb"?

Dian tang
Yes. Dr Tee is a gynae at the kkh private suite. He is an associate prof.. Very Experienced i think. I remember when i had my #1 fr induction, then cos took too long to dilate n bb in distress, he came in n shouted, "bb must be out in 10 mins" all the nurses were running ard n true enough he was sewing me up within 10 mins!

Duffybear
I heard of the alternate ovulation thing too. N they said left side more likely get girls n right side boys... Something like dat... Woahaha...no medical proof if we go by male xx n yy.,, :/ but i m hoping for a girl!

Duffy Bear, I read on the internet that you usually count from the last period you had, not on the day you did IUI. So you should be more than 5 weeks already. =)

Ask u - do you breasts get bigger and more sensitive during these period?

Duffybear,

It's calculated from the 1st day of your last menstrual period (LMP), so will be more than 5 wks
happy.gif

Have you gone back to the doctor for a repeat scan or blood test?

Joelle, i didnt hear about the sex on the right side and left side but i think alternate ovulating is true...

Nicxl, should i count from the 1st day of period or the last day of period?? My breasts feel abit swollen..i think... not too sure if im sensitive or not...

Duffy bear, u should count from the 1st day of ur menses. :)

I am asking because I have swelling boobs after ovulation. That always happens (which means my menses will come in 14 days time). So that means my IUi is not successful. :-(

Nicxl,

Must stay positive.. Everyone's symptoms are kinda different.. That time when i bfp, my breasts were very swollen all the way starting from day 3 past iui..

Duffy, I think alternate Ovulation is does not happen to everyone,... well guess this is life.. haiz.. Face it.. IVF is the solution...

Nicxl, i think i also have swollen breast during my injections period or 2WW... I cant remember it... But dun think too much... Maybe you will strike it.... It still too early to predict anything...

Wondersss, u dun be too upset.... Maybe you strike it naturally.. You never know what god had planned for you
happy.gif

Btw, ladies, tml i gg for blood test, scanning and doc review.... Keep you all posted afer my review.... *Crossing my finger tight tight*

Thanks min81,

Will try to stay positive, I should also let my DH know so his hopes won't be too high.

Gg for short break in Sept. Hope my 'happy cells' will increase while I am looking forward to the vacation. :)

Nicxl,
The symptoms for pregnancy and Menses coming are about the same.

So just stay positive!!

Ladies I ask you all, when you gals talk about e implantation bleeding or spotting normally happy on which days?

Dear ALl, i counted from my 1st day of period and im 6 weeks + 2 days pregnant.... so that mean can see the bb via scanning tml???

in my last ectopic pregnancy, my foetus was 7 weeks size though i was in my 6 weeks pregnancy ....

Diamond, i think i got a heavy implanation bleeding on my 19dpiui to 21 dpiui. i thought it was my menus and only after another blood test, the nurse told me that im pregnant!!! Im on supporting tablets now....

Wonderss and Diamond, sorry to hear about your AF is here. New cycle, new hope. Jia you and stay positive!

Dream, for me, after my last IUI, I took a rest for 2 months before starting IVF. But I was put on long protocol, there wasn't much to do from my 1st bloodtest until my injections 3 weeks later. So technically, I rested for almost 3 months (cycle). It feels great to take a break. Now, I'm just a pin cushion with all the injections and acupuncture.

Duffy bear, all the best in your scan tomorrow!

Oh IVF buddies, I also checked with my doctor if he will straight away performed ICSI during fertilization and he said he will but he will only transfer 1 egg (max 2eggs if they are no good). He discourages multiple births. What about your doctors?

lil Ponyo, this is the law governed by Singapore max 2 eggs to transfer unless you are 39 or 40 and had more than 1 fail cycle. However, with more than 2 embroys transferred meaning you are not entitled for government grant if you are with government hospital. Insurance for 3 embroys transferred is around $900...

which stage are you in now? just started suppression (on lucrin or superfact)?

Hi Prosepina, thanks for the clarification! Ya, part of me was thinking all that work for only 1 egg seems quite wasted. I know, I know it's supposed to be priceless
happy.gif
But doctor is right, it is more risk with multiples.

I'm on Suprefact. This long protocol is so long.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend..

dian_tang: How?? Hope your embryos are doing very great..

diamond: is ok.. jiayou for this new cycle. new cycle new hope..

duffy bear: glad to hear your spotting has stopped.. All the best to your appointment tomorrow. Your bb is really a great fighter!

lil ponyo: How are you doing so far with your jabs? Finally I am going for a blood test tomorrow and thurs seeing doc.. hopefully I can start the stimulation..

I did not check with my dr whether will he be doing icsi and no of egg.. let me ask him on thurs..

Hm.. if you are fine with mulitple births, can you request to transfer 2?

Ponyo, Haha... I was thinking if can strike with 2 eggs, it would be good cos we can 收工 Liao... But if I can only have 1, I will be 满足 toooo....

Saralyn, Thks... But I guess I can't get to sleep tonight... I'm v nervous now.... Hb was asking me what time my check up tml but he can't go with me tml...

Hi I just done my ET today . I have three embroy whereby I put two . It is quite a ' torturing 15 min process' for me as I have to hold the full bladder, other than that it was ok . Now hav to observe the symptons of ohss .

How abt others?

duffy bear & ponyo: i also got the same feeling as duffy bear.. infact, whichever no, i am here with my open arms to receive them.. I don't mind the sufferings to bring them to this world..

dian tang: yay!!! rest more for this 2ww.. all the best!!!

Hi Dian Tang, congratulations on passing the stage of ET. You are now another stage closer! Please take care. So your 2 weeks of mc have started. Enjoy and rest well! I'm already planning all the tv shows and movies that I can catch up on during my 2 weeks. Ha ha! Oh yes, how many embryos did you collect last week?

Saralyn, I wanted to know and discuss with doctor because I would like him to make the decision on the spot about ICSI without discussing with us again if ICSI is a better option for us. It is because I didn't want to go through 1 round of IVF with normal fertilization only to find out that my DH's troops have problems cracking into my eggs. And then having to go through IVF again with ICSI just to solve this problem.

Ha ha, I would be happy too with one healthy baby.

Laki and Saralyn, when is your ER?

ponyo: i am still at suppression stage.. not even at stimulation.. Loooonng loonng journey.. Don't know when is my ER as of now

Saralyn and Lil Ponyo: thanks !! They collected 20 eggs , 3 embryo fertilized . ICSi was performed as my DH troops was not good . Nowadays this is always performed . You could check with ur doc if he is doing icsi for u .

Duffy bear: icsi is done with the 1 good sperm will be inject in 1 egg but have to see which will grow to good embryo
happy.gif

Ya my mc start on the day of egg retrieval .

Dian tang, Oic... In this case, we will pre know the sex of bb??

Wonder if Singapore law allow choosing of the sex of bb???

But I dun mind the sex of bb as long bb is safe and healthy...

Diamond, hugs. Rem don't give up k n jy for ur iui.

Duffy bear, gd luck for ur scan. Keep us posted.

Congrats dian tang u 1 step closer to ur goal le. Rem to drink more water n protein k.

Lil, I Juz went for my scan n will start on my puregon injection today. Fri will go bk again for my second scan. I guess next wk will b my er.

Duffy bear, please keep us update yah! Congrats!

Diamond, dont worry, IUI is actually very manageable, the sisters here were here to support me when I do thru it recently. So dont worry so much.

Saralyn, now my turn to encourage u - stay happy and positive, like when you always motivate us.

Laki Gal, are you doing the puregon injection on your own? I too clumsy to do it, so went back the Clinic to ask the doc to do for me. U must be very calm and cool.

Nicxl, I teach my dh hw to do it n ask him to do d jab for me coz I knw I won't have d strength to press d button down. Think if I were to jab myself will tk a v long x to do so

dian_tang, oh very excited for you! Yes, my doctor will also be doing ICSI for us. Enjoy, be happy and relaxed in your 2 weeks rest period. All the very best and fingers and toes crossed for you! Hugs! Did you freeze the rest of your embyros? 20 eggs are great!

Saralyn, I think my ER will be around 4 weeks from now. I'm seeing doctor again on 4 Sept (2 weeks from now) for the 2nd additional injection, which will last for 12-14days. So the ER will be around mid Sept.

Laki, jia you jia you, almost there! Very excited for you too.

Duffy bear, it is illegal to choose to gender of the baby in Singapore but it is legal in some countries such as Thailand. Hence, some couples when they do IVF there, they can choose the gender of their baby.

Dear all, I got ectopic pregnancy on my left tube... Feeling v sad cos dun understand y I got 1 egg but god didn't give me a healthy bb ??I was happy and hoping for a healthy bb ...

Waiting to see doc alone Now...

Back