IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

dear all, ive been a silent reader of this thread i even join a thread when i first started my first so-iui but i cant find that thread anymore.. my first so-iui last May failed.. but hubby and i decided to try for second round on july and got my +ve hcg blood test.. last tues went for my first scan and only saw gestational sac & yolk sac.. doctor said looks like im just 4-5weeks (but should be 6weeks if based on my iui date) doc asked me to come back in 3 weeks time.
But just this morning i have a very light brown discharge so dh and i panicked and went to kk o&g immediately.. the doc who is on duty did a scan and said that pregnancy is still there but still early to see the baby.. she gave me a jab to help stop the discharge and said to continue taking my meds (duphaston), and take enough rest no more long walking for me.. im just relieved to see the pregnancy is still there (ges & yolk sac) but still worrying because the baby is still cant be seen..

Dian tang: Glad to hear your er went well!! Eat more protein and drink more water.. May ohss never cone to you at all. *kick ohss away*

Your amh is very high! Just curious do you have pocs?

Laki gal: jiayou!!! Like what the ladies said, don't pull the needle out immediately.. Hope your headache will go away soon.

Min: when is your next scan? We are all waiting for you to join us..
happy.gif

Yesha: congrats!!!

Duffy bear: be good girl this weekend and rest well..

Nicxl: all the best to your 2ww. Hope we can have some baby dust from you.
happy.gif

Saralyn: JIA you on the jabbing !! Try to keep ur mood good and stay relax. I dun have pcos but I have 4 fibroids . My DH troops was not good that y we try IVF .
Ha ha I think I drink water like every 15 mins to keep myself hydrate . Visit the toilet very often he he...

Dian tang: woah!!! Then you got really very good ovarian reserve. I read before that high amh is always associated with pcos..

Is good to be able to pee.. Keep up the good work and hope your can have ET.. I assume it will be on Tuesday?

Thanks for the tips. I am keeping my mood happy and relax.. But guess my hormones abit haywired. Haha.. Get irritated by my dh these few days. Haha..

Dian tang,

Based on the reference range on my blood test report,

<1.5 - Very low ovarian reserve
1.5 - 6.5 - Low ovarian reserve
6.5 - 19.8 - Normal ovarian reserve
>19.8 - Good ovarian reserve

So yours is really super duper high! Mine is 23.9.. Hope will have good response like you too
happy.gif
Oh so it's ok to proceed with ivf if got fibroids?

Saralyn,

Estimated date for next scan should be around 1 sep (my wedding anniversary!
happy.gif
) Keeping fingers crossed that all will be ok.. Or the other good thing would be i strike before that! Haha..

Yesha, ur situation v similar to mine expect that I didn't know that I was pregnant when my spotting started on last Friday to sunday... I only took my support pill on this Monday Till now... Yd I had a little spotting but today cleared ... Tues I did a scan and like u say, they can't see any bb yet cos my hcg was too low...

Hopefully all turn out well... U taking the medicine twice in a day, right???

Hi yesha,

Don't worry k, still early in the pregnancy.. Take a good rest at home, no exertion at all.. All the best for your next scan!
happy.gif

Nixcl: All the best. You are one step closer to your dream. Just think positive.

Previously I have a bit of spotting on D10 after transfer then D12 spotting again in the morning then noon is the full flow. I still do a blood test the next day to confirm it and have some form of closure. And, a few days later I see Dr Loh to discuss the next step.

Tub n saralyn, my dh did count to 10 b4 he pull d needle out but not sure itiz he pull out too fast tat y we saw a droplet of med n when I press my fats, can Oso c d liquid coming out.

Dian_tang, yup I'm injecting d cetrotide. Juz I suspect is d needle is bein pulled out too fast. Mayb I ask dh to slowly pull out d needle n c hw is it. Wah 5 cents of blood seem to b a lot, did u still bleed fm any other injection? Have to b careful. V fast ya, soon u b doing ur et.

Duffy bear, I still having headache, not sure itiz d hot weather.

Min81, actually I ask dh to help me w d injection coz not sure whether can I poke myself. When dh poke d needle into my fats, I try not to c, at least cn reduce a bit of fear. Hmm actually when d needle poke into d fats, is not tat painful. D needle is v fine Oso, is only when inject d med in tat when I feel d pain. Bt don't worry I believe u cn overcome it Oso.
Yr cysts will define go away already so u get ready for ur cycle k, jy

Btw do u all encountered anything af d injection? I got reddish patches around my injected area n few min later it gone. Then I Oso feel cramp at my lower abdominal area n like feel difficult to sit, have to sit v straight up. Hmm wonder itiz I look into too much af d injection. Guess I better relax n stay in a happy mood.

Saralyn,

I read on ivf thread that a couple of ladies whose AMH less than 1 were successful too.. There are many factors, plus i think luck plays a part too.. So don't worry about it.. You've already started on ivf, so you're already a step nearer to bfp
happy.gif
Jia uou!!

Ya hope i will have good luck this natural cycle!!
happy.gif

Laki_gal,

I'll need my hubby to help too.. If not, think i'll freak out! Haha..

Duffy bear, yes i am also taking the meds twice a day. hopefully the spotting will be cleared and everything will turn out well. by the way, duffy..also take enough rest thats what the doc told me and not do anything strenuous for the mean time.

Min81, thank u. yes, thats what im doin right now i just watch tv while on bed.. tryin not to think so much about it..dh is busy doin all the housework for now. May you &amp; all d ladies here get a Bfp!
Babydust to all
happy.gif
)

Thanks Duffy, Saralyn, Min81, Dian Tang and all sisters.

Let's all embrace motherhood soon!

PS: Duffy Bear - Happy for you! Heehee

Yesha, * envy envy* hb helping u doing the household chores...

Laki gal, ah?? Still having headache??? Maybe a nap to make u feel better???

Nicxl, I'm still nervous ... Hope that my result turn out good next week... Hopefully my hcg level rise to normal level and can see bb in my next scanning...

Duffy Bear, I'm sure u are more excited than nervous! hahah! Just relax for this long weekend (at least no work to stress us up!). Eat/Drink everything in moderation...

I am going for dinner with DH soon. Enjoy some quality time together!

Cheers!

Hi ladies, just wanted to update all of you on my D21 appt with doctor today. I'm now a member of the jabbing club too. Ha ha! I had my first suppression injection today. Doctor told me to inject 50ml a day for the next 2.5weeks. After that he will do a scan and reduce the suppression jab to 20ml and then add the stimulation injections for 12-14days (i.e. 2 injections a day). Saralyn, this is very similar to yours since we are both on long protocol.

We were also given some forms to sign today and DH had a to the routine bloodtest. Mine will be later.

I asked the doctor if he will perform ICSI directly and he said he will. He will also target to do a D5 transfer for us. He said he will transfer 1 embyro or 2 if the quality is not good.

When the nurse was teaching us how to do the injections, she commented that it's a good thing I have so much fat. Ha ha!

Dian_tang, good to hear that your ER went well. Have a good rest this weekend and hope that the clinic will have great news for you on Tuesday.

Min81, I have a good feeling your cysts will disappear after this cycle. Jia you and take care. Who knows you may strike naturally and not be our buddy
happy.gif

Laki, hope your headache is gone by now.

Yesha, welcome to the thread and congratulations!!

I just went for acuPuncture in the afternoon , kind of worry of ohss. Tcm doc encouraged me not to give up cos the program is not over. She asked me not to think too much but stay cheerful and positive . In the late afternoon I suddenly have fever now feel better after eat medicine .
Saralyn and min81, laki_gal and Lil Ponyo: dun worry abt the amh. Actually we just need 1 good embroy . Prof said my firbiods was ok to proceed with IVF .

Dian tang, r u alright now?? My buddy oso ask me to stay positive and cheerful cos it will affect our health...u drink more water and sleep early tonight... Hope yr fever be gone by tml...

Ponyo, how your injection today???

Duffy bear and yesha: you and your baby will be blessed .

Laki gal : my other jabs other than cetrotide was smaller needle . There was one needle that was so thin that I can't poke to my fats -_-. He he.. The drug took some time to enter my fats . Some more I jab at 1.30 am cos we have to jab ourself 35.5 hrs before the ER

Min81: thanks for sharing the scale of overian reserve . I didn't know good overian reserve will lead to ohss thanks for sharing . I feel that everyday I learnt something from u gals .

Saralyn: I dunno if Et will be done on tue cos the lab will keep us inform . Got to see if the embroy can grow to a certain criteria . Hard work to the lab staff . Hear that they have to go back to lab to monitor our embroy even weekends and public holidays

Dian tang, Thks for your well wishes... I feel that my bb got a strong will to survive too... Hopefully bb can make it!!!

Yesha, I sure your bb is growing well in your womb now too.... Let Jia you together !!!

Dian tang dont worry bout ohss k. Juz try to tk more protein, drink more water n isotonic drink as well. Muz rcv well so cn proceed to nxt step k. Tk care.

My headache still here bt still cn endure, hope it will go off by 2ml

Thanks you sisters for encouragement and advices .

Laki_gal: did u have headache before the jab? Maybe u want to check with the nurse on side effect of cetrotide . I have headache when I injected gonal f but not cetrotide .

Oh I am quite sick of egg white now thinking of other ways to eat egg white in other cooking method beside hard boil . He he

Hi Dian_tang, you can try an egg white omelette with ingredients that you like. Or you can eat other sources of protein besides egg white.

Hi Saralyn, my suppression injection is called Suprefact. Is that the same as yours?

Good luck to you! Those in e midst of iui n ivf
Hopefully everyone will get good news soon n we can start a new forum on motherhood ;)

I m waiting for my AF so that I can start on clomid then IUI...

Meanwhile let's just enjoy this long weekend! So shiok no work on a Mon!

Lil Ponyo and laki gal : that is a good idea to eat ew. I try that .
Beside egg white, nurse ask me to drink ensure milk, eat fish , tofu and veg . My appetite wasn't as good as before cos bloated after ER so I keep to small meal.
Meanwhile I am busy inserting medicine thru vigina like three time a day .. Wow .. So difficult he he

Helo sisters , have a enjoyable long weekend .

Dian_tang: hope your fever is gone. Rest well..

Lil ponyo: welcome! Haha..

I am using Lucrin. Will jab for 13 days and go see doc for blood test and start stimulation. I don't know will he lower the dosage or not..

Saralyn , I am feeling better though the appetite is still so so , eating lesser than before . I hope that you are doing good with your jabs . Is your doc dr loh?

Dian tang: glad to hear that.. Eat small meals to fill up your stomach.. And drink lot of water..

I'm doing good with the jab.. Start to feel the side effect.. Very tired and hot flush.. Oh.. Today i found a bruise at the area where I jabbed afew days back..
sad.gif

Saralyn: maybe u can change or move slightly away from the bruises . I also have bruises but it go away few days. I realize the angle to inject is 90deg and there may not have bruise . Oh ya I have hot flushes too so I slept in air con at night .

Dian tang,

Hope you're feeling better.. Excited to know when your ET is
happy.gif
Must rest well these few days..

Is the ensure milk high in protein? Is it only recommended for those with risk of ohss? Wondering if i should drink that in place of fresh milk..

Hi ladies....i havnt been logging in to this website for a few days and there are already so many messages...

For those sisters who are already on ivf, how long did u rest after ur iui before doing ur ivf? I am thinking of going for ivf in dec but wondering if i should bring it forward. I had IUI for the last 2 mths and had clomid for this mth.

Min81:Yes I feel better except the nause feeling is there and not much appetite. So I dun eat much except egg and the ensure milk. Ensure milk is recommended by the nurse , so I think it is . I read the information of the protein out the container and it said "15.9 g protein for 100 g of powder" . She also mention fish and tofu which you can try . Laki_ gal also recommended drink isotonic drink too cos we need lot of water .
Dream: maybe one or two month . actually for my case , I didn't intend to rest that few months but sometime u need to wait for test report and appt to see doc , etc have delay the date I start IVF . Actually I want to start in June , but ding dong here and there , the program become start in aug . My DH is always flying so got to c his schedule too .

Dian tang: yup.. I am with dr loh..

Dream: I rested for 2 months hoping for a miracle and want to enjoy life before going into ivf. At the same time we want to mentally prepared ourselves first too..

Duffy bear: how are you? Being good girl? Resting more?

Saralyn, I only go kkh to buy my support pill on sat , yd I slept till early pm then went 2 hours walk walk with hb.... But i got rest in between...

Today I just wash my bedroom toilet but use v minimum strength... Didn't wash toilet tooo long... Now v hungry cos havnt have lunch yet... Thinking to go pray pray at Bugis and have lunch at the same time...

How yr bruise??? Goes off Liao???

Duffy bear: woah.. You can wash toilet... Hope your spotting has gone..

My bruise still there.. Just a small area. Not serious.. Think will go area soon. I rub it everyday when I bathe.

hi ladies... my af come liao.. offiially day 1... so sianz.. still wonder should go so-iui or direct to ivf... still in dilemma.. haiz...super tired lo

Saralyn, no spotting these few days... Anyway, I'm bored at home so might as well wash toilet since hb not gg to wash it... .... Heheheeee

Wondersss, when u seeing ur gynea again??? Maybe it will be better to discuss on the options with yr gynea???

Hi, i had a laparoscopy to remove cysts, fibroid and endometriosis about a week ago but 2 nights ago, I suddenly felt a growing sharp pain in my womb and tummy area. And I suddenly was shivering in cold too. Does anyone have this experience? Should I check with my gynae? I seem okay now.

Hi Eileen, r u feeling better now? I have no experience like your case but if u are still not feeling good, maybe u shld Check with ur gynea ... Drink more hot water to keep u warm and wear bedroom slipper might help your shivering ba...

Btw, where did u did your laparoscopy?? Is this key holes surgery?? One gynea oso ask me to do a surgery to remove my endometriosis ...

Hi Duffy, I did mine at TMC with dr SF Loh and yes, I had 3 keyholes. I'm better now but just concerned as not sure what went wrong that night. Maybe I walked around too much that day. Anyway, thanks for your advice, I'm drinking ginger tea with honey and wearing bedroom slippers.

Hi Eileen, I did laparoscopy with Dr Loh at KKH last April. I also experience some weird pain and even went to see Dr Loh, thinking it is something bad, but the pain went off after a few days. I guess different people react differently. So you should observe for a few days, is the pain doesnt subside, see Dr Loh.

All the best, you should start BDing soon coz now is the best timing. =)

Applause all for your courage! Congrats Duffy bear!

I don't know where to start. Which hospitals n doctors do you guys recommend?

I am v shy n scared of pain. How old do we try til?

Hi splw18, Thks for your well wishes... But frankly speaking, I'm v anxious and nervous now cos I'm worry about this and about that.... My hcg level was low and doc can't see my bb yet.... I hope everything will be oki...

I'm with kkh and right now under dr Matthew lau ...

Perhaps you can start with doing the necessary check up before deciding on the options available ...

Duffybear
Have you arranged for a gynae visit this week? For my #1, i remember seeing the gynae at 6 weeks n bb was too small to scan... Dr tee had to do a v.scan and all i saw was a jumping dot... Heartbeat. Nothing else. Usually can only see something clearly at 8 weeks if my memory doesnt fail me.

I did my iui procedure on the 8th. Now is in my 2 ww actually. Coming to day 14 now.... Very anxious.. Everytime my tummy cramps, i go to toilet in fear... This friday will be the day of revelation if all goes smoothly. Fingers crossed.

Solw18
I m with kkivf centre too. Start with calling up for an appointment to see a doctor to do tests on both youself n hb. I saw dr matthew lau too, after that, he would recommend u for iui, soiui,or ivf...depending on ur conditions. N u go forth fr there. Not sure what u mean by how old to try... But i've been trying naturally for more than 3 yrs. my previous gynae told me to take it easy untill i turned 34. I m now 35 and getting ganjiong.. So started on soiui asap. :p

Back