I need new friends!!!

i think so. My sis in law also GA..and my brother wait outside. It's a major surgery..i think they don't allow anyone else in the room.

but u can double confirm again with your gynae.

Hi glennia, GA hubby cannot go in. only epidural can but for Kk both GA n epidural hubby cannot go in. I paid $600 to my gynae at 2nd tri for the consultation package. But still need to pay her a one time fee of $2.5k for the delivery inself. I think all gynaes will charge a fee for this. U quickly check w ur gynae. Natural delivery is cheaper my gynae charge $1.8k for it. That time I was warded for bleeding, my gynae already charge me $800 just for dropping by hospital to check on me.

Anmaria I still can't decide between GA or epi.cos some ppl say GA will make us very weak n also my hubby really hope to see e delivery. On top of that I also wish to see n hear baby's very first cry.

But then I am very worried if it'll be very scary when I'm lying there listening to them preparing to cut me.

A fren told me her 1st epi was very good, she was awake but very drowsy,almost drifting in n out of sleep so she was not afraid at all.2nd epi she was wide awake so when she heard e sounds she was very scare n requested for GA on e spot. So I tot I'll discuss w my gynae see if it's possible to do epi but increase dosage so I can be half Awake half asleep also.

Mummies,

So al of u wil be delivering at mt Alvernia? Based on my exp, it'll be beneficial if u opt for the 4 bedder. For my 1st 2 kids,I gave birth at Mt A. Hubby deposited $700 for my 2nd child aft dischg etc, 1 week later they rfd $400 via chq. Even, u choose the 4 bedder also, its very private as all the curtains will b drawn..n the ward are very spacious too....

wat babymustwear say is true, if the 4 bedder is fullm they'll upgrade u to d nxt class of ward n pay for the 4 bedder also..

Imagine if all of u gave birth at d same tym n opt for 4 bedder, then u all wil b placed in d same ward, Isn't dat gonna be fun [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Also during ur stay at Mt A, there are a lot of free classes which u can attend. Got Postnatal exercise, Breastfeedin classes n also how to bathe the baby class...

Njoyzzzz [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shahreny,

it's so nice to hear from ur experience with Mt.A is actually good one, even with 4 bedder. My hb is a little worry if we choose a 4 bedder, then i can't have privacy and can't rest well.

But I assure him that it should be ok. I just bring some magazine..so at night or morning when hb is not there, I can read some magazine.

Yah lor..imagine if all of u at the same room and deliver at the same time yah. I think we won't be able to sleep..just chat and chat ..haha

babymustwear, ur gynae quite expensive yah. But up until now..i don't know what is my gyane charge yet leh. But I know he always charge quite reasonable price..so I am not so worry. Even when I sign up with Stemcord, it's relatively cheaper becos of my gynae charge cheaper for them too. So i got special discount.

If any of you want to sign up with Stemcord to store cordblood..let me know yah..I can refer you so u can get $50 discount for first year..and i also got $50 discount.hehe..

Glennia,

yeah..u know what..i just went to Mt. A today to catch up with my prenatal class that i miss last time..and it talked abt labour process..haiyoo.

then we went for tour room to room.

my husband think 4 bedded room is too cramp..but he is ok since i insist 4 bedded room and if not comfortable..i will ask for upgrade.

yes...both of us so excited after we see the video of labour today..and see so many beautiful babies just now..so cute.

We went to celebrate his birthday in advance..nice dinner and ice cream..

tomorrow early morning..our adventure will start :)

will update u more when baby is out yah

Hopefully she's coping well wif her new bundle of joy. Lately i'm feelin really really tired. My body started to ache more n more n i kept gg to toilet. No appetite to eat. Waitin n preparing for d big day. wil b startin my maternity leave nxt week. how bout d rest of d mummies?

Morning Mommies

I am fine.. Keep on having tummie pain like gastric.. and feeling very nauseous.. I have no appetite as well..

Hi mummies,

my nauseous is better, appetite is normal but always got churning feel in stomach like need to pass motion.

i am also starting to feel tired. i told my huby quite worried about anmaria but he says maybe she didn't bring laptop to hospital.

Babymustwear, I think ure experiencing contractions. I have it as well.. I am also worried for her but guess we have to wait for her. Im sure she'll be fine.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Glennia,

My edd is on 21st but gynae say I can deliver anytym cos dis is my 3rd child might b very fast.

Babymustwear,

True like wat Glennia say, u may b experiencing contraction.

Hopefully Annmaria is ok..so fast 2 daes oredi

Anyone with bad headache? I am back to work after 2 Days MC.. My head is killing me cos I couldnt sleep from 500 till 700 in the morning. Came to work at 1030.. So tired...

Shahreny, U're delivering in Mt A as well?

hi mummies,

i id check w my gynae, she says the churning is practice contractions if they come every 2-3 hrs. if its every 15 mins then its real contractions.

i so far no headache. how come you cant sleep from 5-7am glennia? due to headache? so far i am lucky, sleep well. but still feel sleepy easily during the day. you better now?

i am also delivering in Mt A. have booked the 4 bedder.

Hi mummies,

i just feel lyk sleepin throughout d tym....how i wish.

Glennia,

ur bb must hv been very2 active during d wee hrs of d morning causin u to be awake i guess. Wow al of u delivering at mt alvernia sooo gd.. I wil n del at raffles hospital.

Wonder how annmaria is doing. She shld b dischrg by nw i guess.

Babymustwear,

yups me gettin more nervous as d day is drawing near. Nw i worry abt how bb wil b, hope he's gonna b fine w/o any jaundice etc...hopefully my dis rd of labour wil b smooth as my first 2. Me stil werkin plus ot to clear off a lot of backlogs b4 startin my leave on d 15th. Actualli nw im in my 'Lazy' mode to werk bt no choice just gotta drag myself to werk....

Morning Mommies

Yest, I was feeling nauseous. So drank coffee, wow.. my baby was soo active..Kicking me non stop..

Shahreny, I am also in my lazy mode already. Been coming to work late.. I guess the headache is due to lack of sleep. So tired, man..

Babymustwear, I am contemplating 2 bedder cos the price difference is only $300 between a 4 bedder and a 2 bedder. So since I can claim up to $3,500 by Medisave, might as well get the 2 bedder...(And hope no one is in the room with me..LOL)

hi morning mummies...maybe anmaria is very busy with her new baby so no time to log on.

guess we are all 'lazy' now =) actually i wanna do many things cos i feel bored doing nothing..but no. 1 easy to feel tired so the heart is willing but flesh is weak

no. 2 i scare too tired will affect baby so try to be very slow in everything i do.

shahreny, you very 'on' still working till 15th...1 week before your due date is it?

glennia you still take coffee ah! they say coffee will stimulate labour..i stop coffee totally when i got pregnant.

hmmm..ya, i also realise difference is only $300...but although medisave can claim up to $3.5k, need to save it for my doctor fees cos my doc's fees for delivery itself is already $2.5k

then cos i elective c-sect so choose date and time got exrra charge she havent tell me how much cos must see the timing i choose. the nurse tell me minimum is $500...=(

i scare got to fork out too much cash so better to stay in 4 bedder...

Babymustwear, I am also taking about one week leave before due date.. Cos I would rather spend time with the baby..15 full weeks with the baby..

Anyway, I am already 36 weeks so I have the anything goes attitude.. haha..

Oh yes yes, elective c-sect is more ex, right? But for me I chose earlier cos of my health condition. Will it still be ex? I dont want to ask my gynae cos he doesnt answer me..

hi glennia,

i think even if cos of health condition also will be additional charge. cos for me also have to operate earlier cos baby sitting in breech and lack of amniotic fluid so gynae advice me to c-sect early.

but maybe if you let gynae choose time and date for the c-sect then no additional charge. i also not so sure but its better to check wat if later he charge you sky high fee for it?

Hmm, then in that case, Ill choose the 4 bedder also.. I am sure the additional costs wil add up. I am trying not ti bring up additional cash for my stay in hospital..

When are you giving birth?

between 5th to 12th april...will confirm w my gynae when i see her for my 34th week check on monday.

hehee..so exciting, we all give birth around the same time. anyway wonder wat happened to the people who first started this thread.

ya, i am sure there will be many additional charges..like maybe baby's hearing test or wat so its better to save on whatever we can.

did you get your own binder? cos i read on some threads, they say binder very impt after c-sect. will help reduce pain. hospital will provide but much more ex then if we buy our own from pharmacy. they say pharmacy sell about $50 but mt A. charge $100 for it.

also must bring maternity pads. cos hospital also will provide but more expensive. that time i got bleeding go gleneagles, didn't bring pad they sell me 1 packet of thick kotex pad for quite a high sum also. definitely not the same price as buy from watson.

oh..and glennia, did you buy nursing night dress? i think after c-sect we are adviced to wear dress cos pants will 'cut' into the stitches area. then if we need to breastfeed baby, not nice to lift the dress all the way up so better to buy those night dress that can open half way on top. i checked out many places. only mothercare have but very expensive! $56 for 1 nightdress. i didn't buy.

Ure right. It seems the active members are me, u, shahreny and Anmaria... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Can buy binder from any pharmacy. Only on Sun, I went to buy baby cot and will clear my room this coming Sat..

I still havent packed my bag yet. The maternity pads is it the string one or the stick on type?

Nursing night gown is for? I thought hospital will provide?

hmmm...i bought the maternity pad is stick on one. at first i wanted to buy normal pads but my fren who gave birth said normal pad is not thick enough cos maybe our flow will be quite heavy and i think those maternity pad is special one, can show if there is infection in our blood.

my fren said straight after delivery they will use those string type for us but by 2nd day we can change into our own pads.

you discuss with your gynae when you wan to deliver already? my gynae tells me for elective c-sect, cannot be later than 38weeks cos by then water bag may break anytime and it will become emergency c-sect. and for us 1st timers, may deliver even earlier.

i not sure about the nursing gown also..just heard many mummies talk about it. but if im not wrong, hospital gowns are those that quite thin and tie ribbons at the back so not so suitable for us to breast feed.

hee..so you checking in the night before? i also read on the other threads, they say if you check in after midnight then they dun charge you for 1 more day. and you GA c-sect got to start fasting the night before right? and they say better to go the night before than in the morning cos nurse need to shave our tummy and things like that to prepare us for the operation.

Babymustwear/Glennia,

No choice leh hv to clear a lot of backlogs....niwae just hv to tahan for another 1 more day....

Ya i noticed dat only d 4 of us had been actively chattin here leh..wonderin wat wil happen to dis thread once all of us gave birth...

Actually the hosp wil prechrg u for the maternity pads n diapers dat they gave u when u are in d hosp. They are chargin u for the whole pkts, no matter how many u used (dis is d info i got frm my frd werkin as a nurse in a pte hosp)...so its better to finis up/ bring hme d excess pads/diapers that u had used up.

I find it easier n more comfortable wif the stick on pad cos it does not really goes out of place. I also stock up a lot of disp panties cos in case overflow, u no need to use up ur energy to wash ur soiled undies...esp since u al gg for c-sect. U nd ample rest...Also i do get myself the blue underpad to place on the bed...cos we won't knowif we might stain our bedsheet too...just prepare in case of emergency...

Hospital wil provide u wif d gowns but wil b diff to B/F better to get ur own one frm outside.

hi shahreny, thanks for the advice! wah experienced mummy really know more..

so better to finish using those that they provide first then use those that we buy.

i only bought 1 packet of dispoable underwear cos i tot only need them in hospital.

won't it be very warm if we sleep on the waterproof pad? is it the same as those that baby use?

Babymustwear,

Don mention, i'm just sharing base on d info i gathered frm my frens n also own experience, Diff ppl wil hv diff experienc one..so just be a bit kiasu hehe...No the blue underpad is nt d same as the one baby is using, Its like wat the hospital is usin, d one they plc on top of ur bedsheet..if i nt wrong a pkt of 10 pcs cost only $3-$4 plus only

hi everyone..so sorry i won't be able to log on often now..cos really busy with baby now.

yeah..i have finally deliver my baby girl. She is 2.28 kg when delivered..pretty baby girl and very healthy. It was an easy labour.

After induced since 7 am in the morning..i finally dilated 10 cm by 5.30 pm. Delivered her by 6.36 pm cos waiting for my gynae to come.

it was very easy delivery. push 2 times only.she is out. She is really good baby.

I choose 4 bedded ward..cash to fork out only abt $1K. To me..its totally comfortable leh..my neighbour all very quiet one..anyway..

was also need to wake up every few hours at night to breastfeed baby.

i bf baby all the time..at home as well..

really hope she grow bigger soon..she is so tiny.

yes.super busy..cos 1st day discharge i was almost in depression. Baby cried nonstop..and i didn't really know her..not knowing what to do.

no help as well cos mum only come 2 days later.

but today is heaven..my milk start flowing..she sleep most of the time..till i have to wake her up to bf her. My mum is here to help me..so i just need to eat, sleep and breastfeeding her.

Gals..after our baby come..i think our life hardly be the same anymore. U will know what i mean..later..hehe..

i hardly have enough time to sleep..not mention abt going int computer and log on. Hardly even take call now. If got time to sleep..i just quickly take a nap. Cos breastfeeding..i got to bf her every 2-3 hr..then when she sleep..i can go toilet, wash myself..prepare some food, etc.

but even during that time..my heart is not in peace..i keep wondering is she is ok..if i leave out from my sight for a while.

it's so important to have someone with us during that time..my first 2 days at home..i was alone..cos hubby need to get back to work.

and i can hardly even know how to change pampers, hold newborn baby, etc..

will log on in much later time after this..but u gals keep the thread going..i am sure i will have more time later..then can share more.

but if u want to chit chat..can pm me your hp..

we can chat via sms..maybe if i have time while bf her..can press my hp..hehe..

chat with gals again yah. Thank you soo much with all the care and support. I am so touched with our friendship here.

i am doing totally fine now..just need to adjust with my newborn baby.

Btw..bring at least 1-2 pack of maternity pad. Hospital will give one pad..but might not be enough. as for panties..hospital will give us 2..can wash again..very good type..net type..

i brough disposable underwear..but never use at all. Hospital provide us with gown during delivery ward..but we will change into our own once we move to our own ward. 2 night is really brieft for me..to me..that's the best time.

nursery take care ur baby..and you are well taken care of..with nice food and have sometime alone to sleep..after come back home..it's different story..hehe..

enjoy the whole journey yah..

Hi anmaria!! Happy to hear all is good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] as long as baby is healthy u'll surely learn to take care of her well!

I can imagine e hecticness during e first few days..I am getting worried also thinking if I can handle e baby or not. I really really hope my baby will be those kind sleep a lot one.

Wah anmaria natural birth still need to top up 1k cash. Then we csect surely hav to top up more. Worried.

Luckily anmaria give us some info on wat to bring to hospital. Now I know I surely hav to go buy night dress n bring more pads.

Anmaria, Congrats. I am happy for you!!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wah, didnt know 4 bedder normal delivery need to fork out cash... Damn.. LOL.. oh well, I will consider 4 bedder also.. Now I wish my gynae gave me a chance to try for natural...

actually now is not too bad..cos i got my mum to help me to bath her, and wash some of the clothes/nappies, etc and cook for me. Can't imagine if u have to do everything alone.

my baby is actually a sleepy type. Becos of that, i have to keep waking her up to breastfeed her..she is soo drowsy. My breastmilk also start to flow a lot now. I am happy to see her very contented. I start to get into routine of breastfeed her, changing her nappies and get her to sleep and play with her now. Massage time for her, bath her, etc.

Thank God for our mom yah..if my mum is not here..not sure what i am going to do though. As a first time mummy i think we need a lot of help.

Annmaria,

Good to knoe dat u are adaptin n copin well wif ur lil bundle of joy...Imagin if we handle everythg alone...Its really impt to have a helpin hand during the first few days/weeks aft delivery...tke care n njoy ur bonding tym wif ur bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happy to hear ur coping well now anmaria [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I will pm u my Hp so we can keep in touch! I hope my baby will also be sleepy type!

helo mummies,

i went for week 34 check yst. baby is 2.1kg. stil in breech so confirm got to c-sect. my mom in law choose 11-4-2020 for me but gynae says sunday got surchrage of $1k! got a shock.

tried to call mt a today to check if its really so ex or if gynae marked up the price.

was transfered from 1 department to another and after 4 transfer the line got cut off!

in the end i sms anmaria and she told me her sunday charge was only about $200. think gynae just not keen to work on sunday.

anyway, guess will still deliver on this date cos my mil is rather superstitious. dun wish to have her blaming me in case anything goes wrong.

i am also getting nervous. gynae says i have to re-take blood test on 36 weeks cos my blood count was below min during the last test. if its still low, will have to submit report to hospital and they have to stand by blood during the delivery. quite scary.

Hello Bbaymustwear,

Gd your baby is more than 2kg already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also tried calling Mount A once to inquire on something but the call never made it.

Good luck to u.

Shahreny,

When you giving birth? Is it natural?

Hi mummies,

I tink diff gynae chrg differently. Nt all gynaes chrg d same i guess.

Glennia,

My due date is 21st but when i went for my check up last sat, stil no signs yet...so i told my let if on 21st bb stil don wan to come out can i delay til 24th or 25th & he say shld nt b a problem. Usually he'll wait for abt 5 days before he decide to induce..me gg for natural birth, hopefulli everythg's gonna b smooth [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babymustwear..

here is the hospital charges:

assisted delivery with epi mother (2 days) - 4 B: $808

Bed charges for 2 days $320

anyway...all total hospital charges: $1,451

My gynae charges: $1,605

Doctor operation fee (epi): $330

TOTAL chargest $ 3,386

Estimated medisave claim: $2,600

Balance cash payment $786.1 (FOR MOTHER ONLY)

For baby:

Total hospital charges: $593

Doctor charges: $331

Estimated medisave clai,: ($662)

Balance cash payment $262.63

=======

So total charges for mother and baby is around 1K

for my case.

hope this helps.

Back