I need new friends!!!

hi mummies,

shahreny, any news? or still counting down to 21st? glennia 25th right? wah all so soon...mine is the latest at 11th apr.

anmaria sent me a photo of her baby today. so cute! and got quite a lot of hair. very nice =)

Hi mummies,

i have just delivered just nw @ 2144hrs very fast delivery i would say... I uploaded some of by boy's pix in fb oredi btw he's 2.97kg :)

WOW Shahreny COngrats!!! Ill go into your FB to have a look...

Yes , Anmaria's baby is cute... She sent me MMS.. Ill be next.. Gng to my gynae checkup later.

congrats shahreny! your baby is big! glad to hear your delivery is a smooth one. you are at raffles hospital right? so good they got wifi..

glennia, how was your check up? hope everything is fine. you have another week to go right? nervous?

Shahreny, Congrat for your newborn. He has a really good weight..so happy for you. And fast delivery is really a blessing.

Wah..u can access internet so fast.

Take a good care ok..

Glennia, your big day will come soon. Be calm ok.. it's really going to be ok. I was very anxious too..it turn out to be not as scary as I though. I keep telling myself that all mothers will go through this..so I must be able to go through this as well.

Morning Mommies

Checkup seemed fine.BP high but doc mentioned it was stable. I am very nervous, paranoid.. u name it.. Today is my last day at work.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thnks mummies...

Yups lucky d hospital got wi fi if nt i'll b damn bored...Phew lucky mine is over...All d best to u babymustwear & Glennia...

Hi glennia, I read from some threads that say you'll be groggy till w next day. Dunno how true. Anmaria, u know if mt a got wifi also?

Shahreny I got ur no. Already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks! R u hm already?

Babymustwear, yups Im oredi at hme :)

Glennia, thnks Im sure ur bb n bbmustwear's bb will b cute too :) njoy ur last few moments of ur pregnancy :)

Annmaria, I've yet to c ur cute lil princess [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

babymustwear..I think Mt.A got wifi..but i didn't really access internet. Cos only stay short while. Most of the nite..i was busy feeding baby or sleep..hehe..and day time so many guests.

Shahreny, saw ur baby in the facebook. So so cute, so envy you..his weight is really good. Right now..my only wish is my girl put on more weight. She is now 2.5 kg and her jaundice has gone down..i am so happy. But looks like she got collic..cos at night she will cry if i don't hold her to sleep...particularly after feeding. Tried to rub some oil and massage her tummy..

hopefully her collic goes off soon.

Glennia, I am not sure leh abt what time u will be waken up to see ur baby. But I think it will depend on how long ur GA goes off..if i am not wrong..my sister in law only feed her baby 4 hours after she gave birth with GA.

Annmaria,

Thnks.. dat is his initial weight...aft dischrg he dropeed by 0.07kg..my son doesn't really drink much...most of d tym he'll sleep n sleep n sleep... i have to wake him up for his feed sometyms hafway feedin he doze off again...haizzz..Tink colic is common in babies..did u tried infacol. Its a supplement for babies anti colic n anti wind. Most ppl say its good but i nt so sure cos i never tried before..

Shahreny, i don't dare to give her any supplement yet..cos she is only few days old.

even to burp her is so difficult, cos she is soo tiny. I tried many times to burp her..but not too successful. Maybe that's the cause of her wind. She is only crying when overfeed. Sometime she looked super hungry and keep breastfeed. Then later she will cry.

All I did was just to apply some oil and massage her tummy and trying to burp her.

yeah..its common for baby to drop her weight in the first few days. My girl was born with 2.28 kg, then when she was discharged it's only 2.2 kg. Now she is already 2.5 kg. I hope she is gaining weight consistently to catch up with her peers. She is very good in latching milk. Same like ur boy..she is also very drousy baby..most of the time I have to wake her up to drink milk.

yah...all my friends told me she has lots of hair. Maybe becos I drink so much green bean soup during my pregnancy.

oh no...i didn't drink green bean soup...dunno if my baby will be bald..cos i was totally bald when i was born and my hubby's hair is very thin also.

i hope my baby will be sleepy baby also...better than babies who keep on crying i think i will be very stress =)

sounds like both shahreny and anmaria are doing fine with your babies! next is glennia...a few days more only to her c-sect..hope her baby also good good like you two!

babymustwear..dun worry. I am also not sure if greenbean soup is just and oldwife tale..or real one. I just follow what my friends said..so drink a lot with the hope she will have more hair than me. But hb also got lots of hair lah..hehe

dun worry..ur baby will be so cute regardless. They are just so adorable.

Baby definitely will cry one. We just learn to be relax although sometime we are at a loss :)

when she cry..i told her..it's good to exercise her lung..since she is born premature anyway..hehe

but i learn abt her needs more and more each day.

baby cry only for few reasons, hungry, diaper need to change, tummy discomfort, or the most painful part for me is to see her taken her blood for jaundice test. I told my hubby i can't take it..so next time got any blood taken from her..i better not holding her. Her sight of crying really pain me so much.

But..baby forgot very fast..after it's over..she stop crying and we just sayang2 her. Then she forgotten already. Only us the mummy keep remember her face during that time..hehe..

heee...yup its true, i think all babies are adorable, especially in their parents eyes. rather excited to see how my baby looks like. some of my frens did 4D scan can see the baby face very clearly but i think quite ex so i didn't do it.

yup, must be very heartpain to see our babies in pain...but your baby is ok now right? still must take blood for jaundice test?

Babies are all cute & adorable...

Annmaria,

Though I hv 3 kids, I stil don know the tactic to burp the babies... usually after feedin, i'll pass baby to my hubby n he did d burping job hehe..wait next week, when he rtn to werk, i hv to do it on my own hook or by crook...I stil don dare to bathe my baby by myself. I wil wait for my mum to bath my baby...I only dare to bath the baby aft they are abt 1 week old or so...

Halo there,

anyone tried c-sect n natural birth.

My first birth was C sect due to BB breech.

Thinking of trying natural delivery for my 2nd BB EDD 130610.

Any advise?

hi mummies,

hows everyone today? hows the babies too =)

hi twinkle,

sorry this is my first baby so no experience! but i am going for csect due to baby breech as well. may i find out from you your experience of ceaserean? did you have epidural or GA csect?

Hi Twinkle,

You can check with your gynae on vaginal birth after c-sect(VBAC). If I'm not wrong so long your 2nd bb is in the correct position and weight less than 3.2kg, you can try VBAC.

My 1st was also delivered via epi c due to breech position. 2nd bb, I opt for natural birth(but failed) I was in delivery room and diluted till 6cm and bb's is still high. Gynae said dun risk bb and ended up in emergency c-sect as bb seems a little distress. However I have a few friends who succeed in VBAC for their 2nd. Jia you.

babymustwear,

Mine was epidural c-sect in Mount A. The recovering time is fast and most important you can hear bb's 1st cry too.

Mummies,

Congrats on your little bundle of joy and for those still playing the waiting game. Rest well now for the big day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi snnowy, do u feel scare when u lie there while they prepare to operate on u? So far i'm still opting for epidural but my gynae says can change my mind on e day itself. I wish for epidural cos can hear baby's first cry n hubby can go in but still feel very nervous abt the op.

Is it very painful after e op?

These 2 days I've been feeling very sore around e vaginal n groin area. Any mummies know if it's normal?

Babymustwear, Means can change ur mind on the day itself. I opted for GA but now I want LA cos I wanna make sure can hear the babies' cries as well...

I get a sharp pain up my vagina area.. I am still hoping I can deliver normally...lol.. Yest, I had bad contractions. But it stopped after 10 mins..

Hi Twinkle,

Did u tried askin ur gynae abt VBAC? If i nt wrong, in somewhere late last year's Nov/Dec issue of Motherhood magazine got write up abt VBAC it all depends on individual..

Glennia,

Tink u must start monitoring ur contraction oredi...if it gets too bad then u better call ur gynae up..for my case, my contraction started every 15 mins initialli n i gave birth on d dae itself....niwae ur due date is this week right...Tke care :)

hi glennia,

my gynae says if contractions come every 10 mins means giving birth soon! i think you have to be on stand by already.

wat is LA? is it also epidural csect? you have to let me know if its painful when you are better!

Babymustwear,

Yes, of course you will feel nervous when lying on OP table and see them preparing. But sometime good is that theywill laugh and joke which will ease you a bit.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I shivered like crazy during the op due to epi's side effect. When I was on the op table and the anaesthesist administer the med on my spine, I regretted and tell myself I will never have #2 but once it over, you will forget abt all the fear (That's the strange of woman).

The good thing abt epi is the recovering time is faster and there is no vomitting. Also i was abt to see my bb the min she is out of my tummy, hear her 1st cry and had a photo wif her in OT when gynae was sewing me up. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

After the op, be prepared that the 1st walk (usually 2nd day when they removed the urine cather)is very very painful. Always call for a nurse before you step down of your bed so that they can assist you. Your gynae will give you pain killer to help.(For me, I rejected the painkiller after op cos I was afraid it will passed from my breastmilk to bb, also i want to know how bad is the pain as I will need to handle the bb myself after discharged).

Glennia,

You also gg for c-sect? I know from my gynae if opt for LA, can change d to GA at the last min but not sure if it workes the other way round cos I think they need more time to prepare (for my #2 when my VBAC failed, gynae told me it will be a c-sect, I opted for LA but he said LA will takes some time to kick in and it will be a GA unless I specific it long ago for them to prepare). Please check wif your gynae on this again.

Also if you ladies have a specific PD you wanted, you can inform your gynae. They will arrange the PD to access your bb once at birth. For me, i told my gynae I wanted Dr Terence Tan (from Kinderclinic in Mt A). He is a good and patient PD. Will report bb's update to you during your stay everyday. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi snnowy,

thanks for e info! Sounds quite scary.. I also very scare but no choice I keep on tell myself must be brave. How long did it take for ur pain to go away?

I think glennia is going for her op today. Hope everything goes smoothly!

Babymustweae,

It took 1 week for the pain to subside or rather I took 1 week to get used to the pain. After 2 weeks, it is soo much better. Surprising for the 2nd c-sect, I dun feel so much pain from the 2nd day onward. In fact I can get out of bed on my own, visit bb at nursery.

Oh yah, the nurse at Mt A taught me this when I told her my fear of dischage. In hospital, we have the bed to adjust us up to sitting position before we get up and out from the bed but at home, we cant. She told me if I want to get out of bed at home, turn myself to right side/left side(depending on which side you sleep), put leg down to the floor 1st and use right hand to push myself up from the bed. In this way I wouldn.t be using too much force from tummy, hence preventing the wound from spitting open.

Also remember you are not to use squat toilet for the next 6 months after c-sect.

Glennia,

Wish you a smooth delivering. update us.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi snnowy, will remember your advice =) wah didn't realise c-sect is considered such a major op...cant even use squat toilet for 6 months..

Hi Babymustwear,

How far are you in your pregnancy? When are u due?

My mum said c-sect is so much worse than natural birth. Recovery time slower, a lot of things to avoid eating.

When i knew my 1st was gg to be c-sect, I cried cos I never imgine a preganacy would eventually ended up as an op. Back then i so much wanted to try natural birth, I even went to SGH to seek an advice for a senior gynae who tried to help me 'turn' my baby but she stubbornly refused to. I still hoping that I can try for natural birth for a 3rd bb. I sound so ambitious. Haha

Hi ssnowy, I am 36 weeks now actually gynae wants me to deliver by beginning of 37 week but cos my mom in law has gotten a geomacer to choose date so I only had 2 choice, 26-03 or 11-04. My gynae refused to do on 26-03 as it's before 37 weeks, considered pre mature so I have to do on 11-04 which is exactly 38weeks. My gynae has been nagging that the date is not so good as she is worried I might go into labour before that. I am keeping my fingers crossed now hoping baby will co operate if not will need emergency ceaserean!

I didn't really mind either ceaserean or natural until I realise I need ceaserean then I started finding out more abt it n I realise it's considered quite a major op. N glennia just told me it's super painful on her 2nd day so I'm really getting scare. Before that my mom also told me natural birth even if it's painful it's a very natural part of womanhood unlike ceaserean which will 'hurt' e body a lot I tot she was just old fashion thinking. Now I realise it's quite true n after ceaserean we really must take good care.

My gynae also says they need to stand by blood for me during e op as my blood count is below average which makes me more scare. Now I tell myself to be brave n use epidural instead of GA as I heard GA takes a even longer recovery time.

how old r your 2 kids? Boy or girl? Are u a stay at home mom? I hope it's not too difficult to take care of a baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] really getting nervous as reality dawns on me that I'm really going to be a mummy very soon.

Babymustwear,

Hang in there, you are almost reashing the finishing line[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

*sign* I had the same thinking as you too, I thought either natural or ceaserean is fine untill bb in breach position at week 35. From there gynae said might be c-sec if bb still refused to turn by week 38. It was only then I surfed the net and looked up for more information on c-sect then suddenly I realised I want natural birth. (I regretted so much for watch c-sect live video online) At the same time I was also hoping for bb to turn cos both my friend and sil's bb turned during labour. (before that bb was breech.

Week 38 not good? I thought it would be good as they are mature and their lungs are stronger? Most friends I knew had c-sect AFTER week 38. For me, back then, mine due date was 3 Aug but my c-sect date was 1st Aug. My gynae was confident that I would not go into labour before that as it was my 1st pregnancy. He said I showed not signs of labour (i.e bb is high, in breech, blood test, urine test good).

My gynae was the 1 who choosed my c-sect date and it happened to be 观音但 nineteenth of lunar sixth month) so we are kind of ok wif it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Both my kids are gal, #1 is currently 30months old and #2 is 15months old. (I was preggy with #2 when #1 hits 6months)

Did you have a confinment lady? If yes, leave everything to her, including taking care of bb. No worries about caring for bb, you'll pick it up along the way and as you go along, you can even distiguish her cries to be hungry cries or just wanted to be carried. Like me, I still learning to be a better parents here from this forum. If you make mistake no worries, parenting are all abt trial and error.

How's Glennia? yup, like I mentioned, the 2nd day is super painful but as you go along, your body will adjust to take the pain.

Remember to get your hubby to bring in the camera to catch the 1st snap of bb. Have a smooth delivery and share your bb's photo here wif us [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Where are the rest of the mummies? *Snnowy waves hi*

Hi snnowy =)

oh..i had a fren in the medical line who asked if i wanted to watch the video of a ceaserean. luckily i said no..heheheh..

actually i also dunno why, but at week 30 my doc already inform me i need ceaserean. at that time my aunt even said maybe my gynae wanna psycho me to ceaserean cos it'll cost more as she said its too early for baby to turn.

but somehow at week 32, week 34 check, all shows baby never turn..tmr i'll be going for week 36 check, i've feeling baby also haven turn cos my tummy is very high up. so maybe my gynae is experienced, can tell baby won't turn.

my gynae says my amniotic fluid is low so quite impossible for baby to turn. some more baby cross legged so confirm cannot try natural.

i read online that its possible for experienced gynaes to try and turn baby 'manually' but my gynae has never suggested that. at week 32 she already told me to choose date between 5-12 april.

that time she said week 37-38 is best choice cos baby's lungs will be mature and before that my baby is only 1.8kg she say too small got to stay ICU if come out below 2kg. then when i chose 11-4 she say 'so late ah? why you dun choose 5,6, 7 or 8 april?' im guessing might be cos 11-4 is a sunday and she's not so keen to work on that day cos in the end she told me if i insist on 11-4, the sunday surcharge will be $1k (i think she trying to make me change my mind)

but my mom in law and mom all say since the date has been chosen just stick with it...so i no choice lor...dun wanna displease my mom in law also cos she paid for the geomacer to choose the date.

wah, your gynae very 'daring'! your date so close to your edd! i think my gynae will faint if i ask her to do that. she is those everything must plan nice nice one.

oh! your bb birthday is guan yin dan..very very good date! lucky your gynae choose that day =) it is very auspicious date.

wow..your girls are only 15 months apart...not easy..you take care of them yourself? did you breastfeed your elder gal? is it true if you breastfeed won't get pregnant or not true? i intend to stop at 1 cos my hubby has 2 sons from previous marriage, not easy to support so many kids.

yup, i have employed a confinment nanny..i decide to employ one after i realise i need ceaserean cos i heard its really hard to move around after the op so will really need help. my mom in law tells me to just rest on the bed and leave everything to the nanny too, even told me to place baby cot in nanny's room so baby won't disturb us at night. but im not sure if i'll feel comfortable doing that.

that time during my first tri i was quite sick and was hospitalised twice i was very emotional and told my gynae im not ready to be a mom but she told me she has 4 kids and everything is common sense. as a mother, we will have natursl maternal instinct and eveything will come to us naturally. i hope so!

glennia said she rejected painkillers on 2nd day but cannot take it by 3rd day i think she took painkillers and it is much better..she told me to take the painkillers, will help a lot. no problem with breastfeeding just that baby will be a bit sleepy.

i think the rest of the mummies are all busy with their babies...anmaria was the 1st to give birth then shahreny then glennia. now left only me, still free to log on =) you wanna add us on facebook?

you can add me on [email protected]

Hi mummies,

Babymustwear, ur turn coming up soon...how are u?

how's ur check up?

Snowy...ur kids are also quite close..how do u cope with dat? U take care of them by urself or u hire a maid? For me, my kids are quite close now have to always keep a close look at my 2nd one cos she will always go to her lil brother n keep on kissin n kissing him..cannot let her b out of our sight...she wil sure to go to baby....

Btw, do u mummies exclusively breastfeed ur babies? I tried to xclusively bf my bb but like nt enuff like dat..tried givin him fm but he don wan to drink...haizzz...other than dat, he's always in lalaland.....

Shahreny, I exclusively BF my baby. In the beginning i also keep thinking it's not enough. Very sad and so tempted to give her formula.

Some more..i didn't pump, just let her latch..so it's it difficult to go anywhere without her.

But now..i get used to it. Total breastfeeding really need a lot of determination. Now after 3 weeks, my breastmilk seems like a lot more. I eat and eat and eat. Didn't really think abt my figure anymore..just want my baby get enough breastmilk..cos I know this is the best gift i can give to her. also drink alot of barley drink.

My mum boil barley everyday for me to drink.

I also drink similac mum milk and drink a lot of water. I think it really helps.

babymustwear,

motherhood in the beginning is really tough. I don't have confinement lady..but my mum help me.

She is going back this week, and from the beginning..I am determine to take care baby myself. Baby slept with me and hubby. A lot of sleepless night..frustration, don't know what to do when she cries and cries. But soon, slowly you and baby will get to know each other better.

Now i have set up some routine for her..it become easier.

Shahreny, my baby also sleep in the day time all the time. But then, at night time she will awake till morning. So now..i make sure i wake her up in the day time to feed, and few hours not letting her sleep by playing with her. Also bath her at night time around 8 pm..play with her and nurse her to sleep. Now she sleep better at night..only need to wake up 2-3 times to nurse her at night time. She is not crying all the time anymore. I really learn a lot of things.

Anmaria,

Thnks for d adv n tips hehe will cont to bf my bb. Me nw just started to drink Mother's Milk Tea & also red dates w dried longans. They say its good to inc milk supply to..my bb is d sleepy type i guess. Day n night he wil sleep n sleep...i hv to keep wakin him up evry 3 hrs to feed him...

Me also keep on eatin n eatin as my mum don allow me to go on empty stomach. They say if u eat healthily, no nd to worry cos ur bm wil absord al d nutrients & more bm will flow out..

hi mummies,

my check up went well today. my baby is 3kg now! i was shocked cos i didn't put on weight but she put on 1kg in 2 weeks. gynae says she is absorbing my nutrients which is good. at this rate, she'll probably be at least 3.5kg at birth next sunday.

i checked with my gynae and found out Mt A. charge surcharge of $150 for reserving the OT at specific timing. my gynae sunday surcharge itself is $1k. my mom says i should have been thick skin and tried to bargain for her to lower the surcharge. is it possible to do so?

shahreny, it is good your girl is so loving to baby! so cute =)

anmaria, when your baby cries at night, does she disturb your husband? cos i worry about hubby not having enough rest cos they still got to work the next day unlike us can rest at home.

wow...time flies your baby already 3 weeks old =) you're very capable, managed to settle her into routine so soon. i hope i can do that w my baby too.

shahreny, wats mother's milk tea? my mom in law also told me to eat more during confinement, dun think about losing weight cos if we dun eat enough during confinement, not only not enough breastmilk, next time we will also be very weak.

i like your baby, always in lalaland..heheh..like that will have more time for us to rest.

Babymust wear,

I have added you in fb, pending your approval.

My mum also said gynae nowsday love to do c-sect cos they earn almost 1k of their fees. Somemore they dun have to standby and wait for us to dilute and check on us every now and then.

I bfed my #1 all the way from birth till 29th months. It is not true that bf-ing will not get preggy. In fact when I bf my gal, I don not have menses but ovulated. So My only menses was lochia after her birth and 6months later preggy with #2.

Since you've got a confinment nanny them leave everything in her hand. Let her take care of bb cos after she leaves in a month time, you will be on your own, so get her to help while you rest.

Does your hubby's boys live together with you? Nowsaday everything is ex. most friends are contented with 1 kid.

Shahreny,

I'm a SAHM without a maid. Everything from mopping to cooking to washing to marketing to laundry, all on my own. At 1st I also think it is impossible but once you set a routine then it is so much easier.

Babymustwear,

Mother's milk tea is a supplement which they say can help to increase BM. I bot it frm dis link:

http://www.iherb.com/Traditional-Medicinals-Organic-Mother-s-Milk-Caffeine-Free-Herbal-Tea-16-Wrapped-Tea-Bags/6800?at=0

Just like Anmum Lacta etc... heard ppl say we nt allow to drink plain water during confinement. Donno how true is dat...

At tyms my hubby n me will disturb my bb ask him to wake up so i can play wif him...then my mum wil scold me..she say baby sleepin u disturb...wait he don wan sleep then u know hehe...

Wow Snowy,

I salute u leh...u did everythg on ur own..envy envy u...

snowy, I am also SAHM without maid. with my baby now..i really hope i can cope alone though. Quite encouraging to hear that u can manage everything alone..give me more confidence now :)

Shahreny, i always disturb my baby to wake her up to drink milk. or else..i must pump my milk. My milk getting a lot more now. Thank God i perservere to get her latch eventhough not much milk for her in the beginning.

My gal had block nose last 2 days..but today manage to suck the dirt from her nose..she is a happy girl now. Sleep so well already. Last 2 days..was so poor thing..her her breathing so heavy and she refuse to lay down sleep..must carry her to sleep.

babymustwear..

ur baby is so big. So happy to hear that all the nutrition goes to your baby. It's very important. My biggest heartache is all my weight gain didn't go to baby..so now..i eat and eat to give her better nutrition in my breastmilk.

so sad to see her so tiny..but she is growing up strong and well now. my hub said i am a bit obsessed to feed her. Maybe becos i feel guilty that baby is so tiny and born premature. But now she is already more than 3 kg compare with her birth weight 2.2 kg 3 weeks a go.

hi snnowy, i have approved you already =) glad to know you cos you're more experienced, can advice us!

ya, i agree many gynaes seem to approve of ceaserean while in the olden days, ceaserean is only for complicated cases. true lor, if we ceserean, gynae no need to be on stand by or even worry we will call in the middle of the night. should charge us lesser!

my stepsons stay with us only on weekends and school holidays. but custody is 50/50 so financially also 50/50. not so easy to bring up kids nowadays. everything costs money. especially when children fall sick, unlike us adults can self medicate or rest to see if will get better. for kids, very worrying so small things got to see doctor to make sure everything is fine. and cause they only visit us once a week, we try to bring them for nicer food (unlike weekdays we always eat cheap dinner)and if we go out, they tend to want to buy toys and we try not to say no to them so really not easy.

my hubby's pay is not much so really can't afford to have 4th child!

i also dun have maid and sometimes i feel guilty that my husband got to help mop floor and iron clothes when he comes home from work cos i dun work. so i try to do most housework unless i really very tired. sometimes i worry cos i had 2 times threatened miscarriage in 1st tri, luckily everything is fine now.

shahreny, my mom in law also tell me cannot drink water at all during confinement. reason is that we will get 'wind' in the body and also have bad water retention. also not sure how true it is but she say got to boil a lot of longan and red date water and drink it as water.

how is the taste of the milk tea? i dun like the powder milk for mummies so maybe will try this tea.

i told my mom about your sleepy baby =) she also say just let baby sleep if she wants to. if they're hungry, naturally they will wake up. if not, better not to disturb them.

anmaria, you're lucky to have so much milk! i dunno if i'll have milk. if have enough milk is the best for baby. i dun think i will be so hardworking like you though =) i think i will sometimes pump and bottle feed baby, sometimes latch her.

good to hear your baby is ok now =) you learn how to suck the dirt from her nose? is it difficult? did you bring her to see doctor and doctor teach you? so many things to learn, especially when the baby is so small, so delicate, very afraid of hurting her.

ya, i also surprised my baby suddenly got growth spur. your baby also gtrowing well now cos of all your efforts so you must give yourself a pat on the back! i think all mummies are noble. we will do whatever we can to give the best to our babies =)

annmaria,

Don worry, u sure can cope trust me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I guess the theory for BM as if supply=demand is true indeed..

babymustwear,

Now i'm sick n tired of longans n red dates water...but no choice hv to drink. The organic tea taste like herbs, quite nice though. If u want to try i don mind givin u a few pckts to try first as i kiasu one bought a few boxes at 1 shot..just pm/sms me ur add & i mail over the tea to u. It's individually packed. At first i also worry my milk nt enuff for bb but my frds all say if my milk nt enough then my bb won't sleep so soundly...he wil sure to cry for milk. I wil try pumpin out my milk to see the qty 1 pf these daes.. Ur baby don wan u too worry soo much dat y she absorb all d nutrients frm d food dat u ate hehe...

Wonder how's Glennia's copin...

Shahreny,

Haha, At 1st I also fret over the issue of coping with an active toddler and a newborn. After I gave birth to #2, i cried for almost 1 week worrying how to handle both after my confinment, how to travel out with both kids esp we dun have a car etc. But as things go along we trial and error and put in place a schedule so still not so bad.

Anmaria,

Jia you. Like what Shahreny said, you can cope. I tell you woman is definietly 1 strange creature that adapt well to whatever bad environment she is being thrown into. And the strangest thing is she will make sure the kids are the 1st priority[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dun worry abt your baby's weight. So long she is healthy, you will be surprise how much she will catch up on her weight =.=

Babymustwear,

Dun said that *snnowy's face turns red* I'm still learning how to be a better parents from other through this forum.

Your gynae's charging an extra 1k is so much more. I thought extra charges should only apply to hot date such as 20/oct 2010? or 9sep 9/9/2010? Ask her if she can give discount or not. 1k can get you a lot of diapers for bb la.

Yes, I agree everything is so expensive these days and also you all can't reject stepsons' request for toys or better food since you are seeing them only on weekend. Maybe you can consider a 2nd later down the road cos having onli 1 means your bb got no sibling to play wif. I'm also considering if we were to go for a #3. We planned to have 3 kids before we were married but my sil who has 3 kids is telling us it's killing her financially, physically.

As for the housework, dun worry too much. Tell your hubby if he's tired, leave it. It;s ok to have an untidy hse when you are pregnant =.=

hi mummies =)

yup. i have asked my mom to go along with me on my monday check up so she can help me bargain. i think aunties are better are doing this =)

thanks for the offer shahreny, so nice of you =) i will wait and see if i have enough milk. if really not enough then i will have to buy the supplements.

glennia seems to be still in pain. hope all is fine with her.

shahreny, the red dates drink is also meant to increase your blood count so you try to drink more ok!

babymustwear,

Hopefulli ur gynae wil reduce d price for u.

1st few tyms when i drank d red dates with longans, i liked it bt aftdat keep on drinkin it evrydae i got very sick n tired of it already, especially d red dates

Btw, just to ask d mummies here, how long do ur confinement last? Do u follow strictly to ur confinement regime? Anybody went out during ur confinement?

Hello Mommies.

It seems ages since I last logged on. Pain has subsided. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Anmaria, how does ur gal latch on? Mine has difficulty hence I end up pumping.

Btw, whats the name of the herbs thingy to bath in? The instant one?

Back