I am 15 weeks pregnant and how to tell my manager?

eskimofamily

Hello everyone!

I have such a stress about how to tell my manager about my pregnancy. I found out that I am pregnant after I joined 2 weeks later. I did not tell them yet till now because I am alot of complication in my pregnancy. When I went for my blood test, the doctor said my baby is in the high risk for down syndrome and they did amniotic fluid test. It is so painful test. After one day of this test, my water bag leaked out and hospitalized for one day and doctor gave me 10 days Hospitalization leave to rest at home. However, I couldn't rest at home and went back to my work place due to newly joined 2 months ago. now I am going to 16 weeks in this sunday and have alot of stress for thinking how to tell my manager about my pregnancy.
This is my contract job and I am scare that they will not renew my contract if they found out that I am pregnant. I heard that another department stopped the contract of one staff when they found out that the lady is pregnant.
Give me the advice. I still need the job for my income. :(

Thanks everyone!!

Not sure if u have told ur manager but my advise is. Be frank. Pregnancy is something u cannot hide.

I agree with shirleyten. Be frank. Worst to worst find another temp job n try to tighten ur belt for the time being. If you need help juz pm me. I will try my best to help you.

hello fion40, shirleyten and ange,

Thank you so much for all of your advices. All the worst happening to me now. My unborn baby suffered Edward syndrome and doctor suggested me to terminate the preg. I will go through the procedure at hospital by next week. I would like to cremate my fetus that I want to do proper one for my unborn child. Kindly let me know if anyone know where to cremate and information so on....
Very much appreciate!!

Thank you so much for all of your advices. All the worst happening to me now. My unborn baby suffered Edward syndrome and doctor suggested me to terminate the preg. I will go through the procedure at hospital by next week. I would like to cremate my fetus that I want to do proper one for my unborn child. Kindly let me know if anyone know where to cremate and information so on....
Very much appreciate!!

sorry to hear abt ur bb ... i think you should be able to ask the hospital /nurses or the social workers there , about how to handle the remains.
take care !!

Very much appreciate!!

Hi sorry to hear this. Not sure which religion you are... if you are chinese maybe you can click here:

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/index.php?threads/5304/

Read post #1555.

Last edited:

Back