House Movers to Recommend?

geneeric

Hi, I'll be moving soon so would appreciate if you can recommend good movers. It'll be best if you can also provide their contact no.
Pls let me know your feedback and also if they provide cartons for free and how much it had cost you.
Thanks!

I used First Pro Movers.
Joe Foo (Mobile-94506887) was the contact person, unlimited cartons, piano removal included and from a 3 bedroom condo to a 3 storey house, the cost was about $500+
FYI, we are residing off Simei Avenue/Upp Changi.

i used elite movers too Oct 06 and again this dec 07.
happy.gif

reliable

Carole,
Thats reasonable price is it? At least it sounds reasonable to me.
All along, I tot the cost is in thousands =P

jenny: i used them when i shifted here, then the price was 280. tts only bulky items. after shifting here... we got tonnes of furniture.. not sure hw we accumulated..

i trusted them.. cos things were intact and not those half way the shifting tell u, add money.. cannot this cannot that.

I deal with Gibson from Elite Movers 97555411. He can recall when i met him, i bought him and his gang lunch and drinks during the last yr move.
happy.gif
Gibson nice person to talk to... very professional. if u feel better to quote me, just say Mrs Leong from westwood crescent.

I experienced once when my dad was hagging with the movers for 100 cos they refused to shift the things... real mad.

hi,

i just shifted house in dec'07 using Midwest Professional movers.
i highly recommend Roy (hp#97198654) from Midwest Movers.
http://www.midwest-movers.com/whyus.html
very professional and price is very reasonable.
no regrets at all!!
if ever i hv the chance to move again, they will be my 1st choice.

Hi,
Just moved about a week ago. We used Global Removal. You can call Angela at 65525155. They were efficient and careful, and charged $450 for furniture removal (including piano) and 66 boxes. They also charged $100 for disposal of some of our old things.

Hi will also be moving form semi-d to semi-d. Thank you Gene for this threat and pl keep the recomendations coming!
happy.gif

Nowadays, a large number of people relocate to a new house or new city in any given year. The process is almost always planned well in advance, providing ample time for detailed planning to move objects within the house or the house in itself. The services of house movers are in great demand and are available all over the United States.

http://www.wolfehousebuildingmovers.com/

Moving a house is a major responsibility and requires professional help at different stages of house moving. House movers are equipped with a wide range of tools and devices that are needed to move a house from one site to another. A number of companies work only when 50 percent of the entire fee is paid in advance before moving and the rest upon relocating.

Since moving a house is a tedious and strenuous job most house owner companies provide a number of additional services. These companies almost always provide valuable instructions about preparation and packing guides. While working with a hose mover's company people will be confronted with professional agents, experienced packing and loading crews and professionally trained contractors and personnel.

While moving a house it is important to realize, that along with the edifice all its contents need to be moved safely. House movers packing and loading crews help organizing the entire procedure. Modern packaging systems help protect fragile goods and eliminate the chance off breakage. However, to be on the safe side home mover companies may even offer insurance schemes for transportation.

I have few things to move over to my new place and the distance is just less than 500m away.

King size bed and mattress, chest of drawers, 15 carton boxes (maybe less)

Elite charge me $200.. And will go another place in the same area to collect 3 boxes of things.

Stunned! So expensive hor!!

Then Shalom charged me $180, 5-8boxes, the same thing.

hi worry mum
i used their services very long time ago (by the years), that's why i quote their prices here because it will be irrelevant to compare with the rest. I paid less than $500 for moving piano and a couple of boxes of books & personal stuff as far as i remembered.

Anyway, they take a look at your stuff to be shifted before they quote a price. if you feel good about the price, you give them a go-ahead!

I called First Mover (from Internet). Price is reasonable but they said they are using non-local movers and China supervisor, so I was a little hesitant. Any comments on their move?

Any other recent recommendations of good movers?

am also looking for a good mover that's not too pricey... anyone who has moved recently?

I just moved.

Used ISLANDWIDE MOVERS / JENSKE TRANSPORTATION 97235347/82298052 Ivan

Good and professional and very reasonable priced. Not much things for me.

I had 1 queen size bed, about 15 big boxes (fully loaded), some cupboards, plants and etc.

Got the contact of Ultra Movers from internet and got the shock of my life! When it comes to their no obligation quotation, they are quick to respond and spoke so professionally, claiming they provide insurance. If items are damaged there will be total $10k compensation. Sound inpressive rite? We thought so too.
On the day of our moving, they were supposed to come at 9 am but appeared at 11+am. Workers moved very fast... but very rush. Some items were either not wrapped or they were not properly wrapped. as a result, we had dents and cuts on washing machine, fridge, our special mahjong table had a corner chipped off. Our Simmons matteress and bed frame were only partially wrapped and the exposed parts were soaked in the rain since they had to wait for a second truck. The worst had yet to come. We had a special designer made dining table that required an extra $200 to be moved to another location. After we had paid this kind of amount, of course we had expected standard service but we had the biggest shock when we saw our table at the new location. All corners and the legs were dented and corners chipped off. SO we immediately emailed them to tell them what had been damaged, hoping that with the insurance coverage, something could be done to save the table and other items. It has been a month and till now, they always say they will look into the matter or send someone to take a look. No action has been taken after a month. Beware of this ULTRA moving service!!! We will write in to CASE very soon!

i too contacted jenske transportation - Ivan

i send to 3 movers re my requirement - i only needed to move a few things

1 of them quote me $200. The other one $250

Ivan quote me $110.

He came by today and cfm the pricing

i am very pleased with his service.

Thanks ficusis for the recommendation

Hi ficusis and polarpig,

I suppose Jenske transportation is only good for moving few items. I had a bad experience. Ivan did not complete the job at all. I had to re-engage another mover which delayed my house shifting by 2 days.
sad.gif

Hi,

can also try breakthru mover, they are from a church that support the yellow ribbon. I use them twice n think they are great.

i called shalom movers - they quoted me $755 just to shift 2beds (king + ss), few bookcases, tv and some boxes ...
was very surprised they quoted me that Ex!!

Somehow, managed to contact Astro Movers! They quoted me $380 and i am very happy with their service and professionalism!!
i even gave them some tips
happy.gif

Just dont understand that great price difference!

Definitely Shalom Movers. Professional and excellent service. Thank you, Shalom, for making my moving smooth and easy.

Hihi All,

Planning to move my house in October. New House ready only in Nov.

Any mummies can recommend me a storage company to store my furniture while waiting for my new house to be ready?

Also, any more movers to recommend as well.

I used Yong Shen movers back in Dec last year when we shifted to our new house. Service was good and efficient as well and find their pricing relatively reasonable despite having to collect items from 3 different locations. (from my mom's house, my in-laws place and a friend's house for a 2nd hand baby cot) All completed within less than 3 hours.

http://www.yongshenmover.com.sg/

You may try out UBER SERVICE. Contact Kern 93265554 for free quote. used their service for house moving, great service!! Young, responsible & fast. they uses 14ft covered lorry as well
happy.gif

I used shalom movers when we got married in 2000. $200 for some boxes.

The van disappeared with our boxes. We got worried & called. It turned out they had to do other deliveries! The lady did not mention that we had to wait half a day for the boxes! No receipt was issued.

recently my mother used Apex Movers (Yishun)
they were rough and damaged one of the walls
did not issue invoice
they initially promised to come by and assess
the damage but now they refuse to pick up our calls
very unprofessional

Back