Hospitalisation leave

Tshya

Hi, currently 34weeks and private kkh patient. I’ve gotten a few blackout incident for the past week as i have low blood count. As much as I would like to rest, my job is rather tough to be on frequent MC. Any mummies faced anything similar and able to get HL from gynae instead? HL is better as it would be easier to be away than to be on unexpected MC. TIA!

Hi you can request from your gynae. But from what I have heard, it is harder to get HL at public hospitals. Some private gynaes also only issue HL if there is any prior admission, but there are others who are okay with approving in the last trimester for rest. No harm in trying, do highlight your blackout issues and ask. If your iron is low, and you will need a transfusion closer to the delivery, that admission can also be possibly used to get HL.

Im also a KKH private patient and i think it’s time I get some rest before giving birth due to my nature of work. My next appointment will be end of december at 36 weeks. Any idea how can i contact my gynae to request for HL?

Back