Have you been asked if your husband is your son?

temjin68

Hi,

I have been asked by strangers if my husband is my son? TWICE!!!! OMG!!!! I feel so sad. I must have look minimum 25 years older than my husband.
a few years ago, a long distance relative thought that i was my father's wife and greeted me as Auntie-in-law. Both my dad and my mum are born in the same year. They are 62.
I may be the only wife and daughter that experience this. It is so embarrassing for my husband and me.
So sad so heartbroken.
My husband is so kind and tells me that i look okay but the people who asked mean what they say.

What can i do? I have no money for botox. hardly meet month end

It is no fun, i don't feel like going out with my husband anymore. When others look at us, i feel they have the same question in mind.

Are there anyone that can advise me what i can do to become younger. Turn back the clock. I don't think is possible.

If it is not age, could it be a myriad of other factors like hairstyle, weight, dressing or others? No need for procedures like surgery or botox, sometimes it is just presentation. I guess as women, taking care of kids and home takes the toll and sometimes we tend to neglect ourselves and just cut a lot of hassle when it comes to dressing up and taking care of ourselves.

I too, had a period which I felt really low after delivery because I just grew very fat and with no time to even cut my hair and stuff, I thought I looked old and haggard like some old auntie. Self esteem really took a hit. Guess it got better now after I really did something about it?

I believe you need to figure out why did people make that comment first. Sometimes it is really not that you look like his mum, but rather external reasons which can really easily be changed.

Back